New Udaloy interface looks wonderful!

seadog0514
12-01-2018, 04:53
so quick......
thx, good job

seadog0514
13-01-2018, 06:30
suggestion:
is it a new way of update RA possbile. for example I have previous version1.43 installed, now 1.44 was released, all the files different between these two version were packed together and released. To update to 1.44 from 1.43, I no need to reinstall, just copy and paste all the files different between these two version.

possiblely mission design error:
campaign-----IL-38: for the second mision, no mission discreption no briefing, anyway i think there is no enough clue to tell the player what's their goal to complete.
campaign----bear:so far i have tried the second,third and fourth missions, once mission starts, 35 pieces of sonobouy are spawned in exactly same position. obviously design error. see attached picture.

CrazyIvan
13-01-2018, 10:28
You will receive an incorrect installation. For example, sound files.

The il-38 dynamic campaign. Therefore, the briefing can not be unambiguous. The briefing will change depending on how you ended the first scenario.
For example, if the Japanese kill Juliett SSG, then the assignment will be different than Juliett will not be killed.
And even it will matter who killed Juliett. If she is killed by a ship and not an P-3 Orion, then you must additionally hunt for this ship, and it will be a matter of honor for you to drown this ship.
Therefore, it will be broadcast in the slide part along with the pictures.

In the BEAR campaign, there are no pre-established sonobuoys. As I said before - do not experiment with the installation of the add-on. You will only get errors.

PS: About bug Sonobuoys spawned: /EDIT/

It seems that this is some sort of default error.

It is in the next one (applies only to campaign files) - if you drop sonobuoys in the first scenario, they will be generated in the second scenario - regardless of whether they are installed in the editor.

And the condition of their generation is this: if you drop 5 buoys, then in the second scenario 5 buoys will be created by mistake by a game. If you drop 8 buoys, you will generate 8 buoys and so on.

And also - all buoys will be generated at the point where the LAST buoy was drop in the first scenario.
And also the type of the buoy generated by the game will be the same as the type of the last drop sonobuoy in the first scenario.

The game incorrectly reads the LOG file, or the LOG file itself is incorrectly recorded by the game.

Billy
13-01-2018, 16:55
"Race of cripples" mission in the Red Storm Rising campaign is impossible to complete as of now:

1. If Buffalo is dead and you make it to under ice pack, you won't get mission complete
I believe the problem is even though the ship is sunk, it is still counted as "exist" because the dead ship is sitting at the bottom. But the mission completion criteria is for "ship not exist". Therefore, you cannot satisfy the completion criteria.

2. If Buffalo is alive and you killed all threats (surface, subsurface and air), it would just circle around an area and won't proceed to the icepack. Therefore, you cannot complete the mission either.

CrazyIvan
13-01-2018, 20:07
"Race of cripples" mission in the Red Storm Rising campaign is impossible to complete as of now:

1. If Buffalo is dead and you make it to under ice pack, you won't get mission complete
I believe the problem is even though the ship is sunk, it is still counted as "exist" because the dead ship is sitting at the bottom. But the mission completion criteria is for "ship not exist". Therefore, you cannot satisfy the completion criteria.

2. If Buffalo is alive and you killed all threats (surface, subsurface and air), it would just circle around an area and won't proceed to the icepack. Therefore, you cannot complete the mission either.

Fix.

In addition - in the scenario controlled sub SPRINGFIELD and the names of the triggers for some reason refer to PROVIDENCE. Also fixed

seadog0514
14-01-2018, 18:14
campaign--russion rebellion-third mission:qingdao.
for controllable sub #1,
1--in the mission briefing, it says you should at leass 12 nm from shore. however, the location where ssn766 will be spawned is about 5nm from shore only.
2--once mission start, your sub will be detected immediately and be attacked soon, because the default depth of ssn766 is 50 ft, visible above water, and the depth of surrounding area is less than 60 ft.

pepe
14-01-2018, 19:04
Vanilla campaign is NOT compatibile with RA since 1.34 version (if im correct)

CrazyIvan
15-01-2018, 02:26
campaign--russion rebellion-third mission:qingdao.
for controllable sub #1,
1--in the mission briefing, it says you should at leass 12 nm from shore. however, the location where ssn766 will be spawned is about 5nm from shore only.
2--once mission start, your sub will be detected immediately and be attacked soon, because the default depth of ssn766 is 50 ft, visible above water, and the depth of surrounding area is less than 60 ft.

pay attention to my message 2736 in this thread. There I said everything about this campaign.

Billy
15-01-2018, 18:35
Fix.

In addition - in the scenario controlled sub SPRINGFIELD and the names of the triggers for some reason refer to PROVIDENCE. Also fixed

Wonderful. Thanks a lot for the fix. Btw, I have following questions:

1. How do I make one mission's setup in a campaign depend on how successful you are in a previous missions? For instance, if I failed to detect an enemy sub in the first mission then the next mission enemy asw strength will be stronger. How do I do this in mission editor?

2. It seems the active sonar on Los Angelos Flt III SSN is broken. The target sub is less than 5nmi, but nothing is shown on the scope (not even a faint contact). As a matter of fact, it can't even detect its newly launched torpedo or countermeasures. I tried the same scenario with Virginia class, the active sonar works fine.

3. I don't own Sub Command, but I want to have the mission briefing video (.wav files). Where can I find these files?

Jaf
15-01-2018, 21:51
1. How do I make one mission's setup in a campaign depend on how successful you are in a previous missions?

You must edit the DW campaign, set the checkbox "UseDoctrineLanguage" for the trigger, in the conditions of the trigger it is necessary to put a "Completed Trigger", select the previous mission and trigger from it, and select required Action.
And if the unit is ticked as "KeyPlayer" in Mission#1, and in the next Mission#2 you put a unit with the same name , then the appearance of this unit in the second mission will depend on the survival of this unit in the first mission.

2. It seems the active sonar on Los Angelos Flt III SSN is broken.

It seems the active sonar on Los Angelos Flt III SSN is not broken.

3. I don't own Sub Command, but I want to have the mission briefing video (.wav files). Where can I find these files?

Unpack this FILE (http://yadi.sk/d/j8bM4xukAhCfd) (from RA Site (http://ra-dwx.narod.ru/faq.htm))
to your ...\Dangerous Waters\Scenario folder.

Billy
16-01-2018, 02:09
@Jaf

Thanks for the tips on #1 and #3. For #2, what is your range? In my scenario, the target was at 10k yards and I saw absolutely nothing. Also, my newly launched torpedos or countermeasures don't show up either.

seadog0514
16-01-2018, 07:06
I found a funny thing about perry.
if you keep CIWS in FULL AUTO mod, it will shoot any missle perry fires...........

is there any place we can find new mission or campaign?

Billy
16-01-2018, 21:53
I found a funny thing about perry.
if you keep CIWS in FULL AUTO mod, it will shoot any missle perry fires...........

is there any place we can find new mission or campaign?

CIWS in Full auto is supposed to shoot anything that's flying. It was the original design, not something introduced by Reinforced Alert.

Jaf
16-01-2018, 21:55
In my scenario, the target was at 10k yards and I saw absolutely nothing. Also, my newly launched torpedos or countermeasures don't show up either.

The signal strength of Active Sonar Echo depends on the surface area of the target (Target Aspect).
For example, ADCAP gives no signal when moving to/from you, but if perpendicular to your course it return a signal.

Billy
16-01-2018, 22:00
I am in the process of building a new campaign which features SSN VA class and more modern platforms and weapons than most of existing campaigns. However I am still learning mission editor, so I need some help from experts here. Here is my number 1 lesson:

1. In the second mission of the sub command campaign, "Transit", there are a few scripts (1 through 4). I believe these scripts are about system damage on towed arrays if own ship attacks civilian ships. However, I don't understand why the mission needs these scripts and triggers. So as soon as you attack a civilian ship, your system gets damaged as a punishment?

CrazyIvan
16-01-2018, 22:15
If you attack civilian vessels - the commander of the ship should be punished and not the system. :D

If you attack civilian vessels - other naval patrols should be increased. Who will find your captain - and punished.

Billy
16-01-2018, 23:33
The signal strength of Active Sonar Echo depends on the surface area of the target (Target Aspect).
For example, ADCAP gives no signal when moving to/from you, but if perpendicular to your course it return a signal.

Wow, that's so hard to see. Btw, do you also hear the sound of contact returns? Cuz the returns you point out are smaller and fainter than some of the noise in the background. Just wonder how you reliably pick out the correct returns.

Jaf
17-01-2018, 00:13
Wow, that's so hard to see. Btw, do you also hear the sound of contact returns?

If the signal strength is slightly higher than the background, then you not hear returns.
But you can still see and mark faint contact.
Hint: send another ping (or pings) and you can see contact.

Billy
17-01-2018, 07:20
If the signal strength is slightly higher than the background, then you not hear returns.
But you can still see and mark faint contact.
Hint: send another ping (or pings) and you can see contact.

@Jaf I see. Thanks. Btw, could you take a look at subcommand campaign mission 2? I am trying to learn mission editor. I have a good understanding of most of things, but just couldn't figure out why having systemdamage on towed arrays scripts. It seems script 1 to 4 are useless, not sure why having them there. Perhaps you can teach me and help me learn here.

seadog0514
17-01-2018, 12:00
any suggestion
how to remain undetected?
and how to counter detect?

pepe
17-01-2018, 16:00
any suggestion
Play against human opponent in complex MP scenario.

how to remain undetected?
and how to counter detect?
You are asking the wrong question.
Detection is NOT your main problem during battle. When you understand this, you will change style of playing for better: more aggresive and more effective.

Situation 1 when you are in Maritime Patrol Aircraft (MPA)

https://i.imgur.com/omExqJE.jpg

Situation 2 on Los Angeles

https://i.imgur.com/9zCqM1P.jpg

DW in single player mission is not good for learning because computer AI can very easily to identify almost all detected targets.

For example: when you ping once computer AI have your position (bearing and range) but human player have ONLY bearing.

Play more MP sessions.

Billy
17-01-2018, 20:18
There is some conflicting info on SSN VA. So TA29 is on port side or std side? If you read the info in reference, it says port side in one area and stb in another.

pepe
17-01-2018, 20:25
I have advice:
Just stream wathever you want, mark contact and check on map source.

seadog0514
18-01-2018, 06:52
thx for advices.

For so many single-player missions, they want you to follow or attack enemy sub/ship while maintaining undetected or counter-detected, I thought that's realy difficult to achieve. So I ask for some help.

from China, there's rare ative player at this days.
I tried tunngle before, connection not so good and not so many free time to play online. Recently free, I will tried it again.

and last question, the situation-1 you gave, how to identified target not using visual-identification?

seadog0514
18-01-2018, 07:25
shit. last year I still can register tunngle with bad connection. and now I even cannot open their website.
I install EVOLVE successfully, anyone is using it?

kyte
18-01-2018, 09:02
shit. last year I still can register tunngle with bad connection. and now I even cannot open their website.
I install EVOLVE successfully, anyone is using it?

Hello! We play with Tunngle friday-saturday. Start at 20 - 21 (Moscow time).

pepe
18-01-2018, 14:50
@seadog0514 DW in MP is team work. If you cannot identify platform maybe someone else can do it (from your team)

Other ways:
- fly very high and drop sonobuoy in good direction (sono can travel long range from high altitude)
- force Udaloy to turning on radars and use ESM for identification
- fly very high - over udaloy SAM max altitude
- observation - civilian ships usualy have constant speed and course
- sometime you can observe missiles from one unidentified surface ship
- flying with EMCON - if Udaloy is also with EMCON you can identify it visualy
- many other ways depends on battle situation :) Just play wise and try to be elastic for changes

BTW we start usualy at 20-22 CET time Fridays, Saturdays and few time during week. Only Directplay8 connection because Tunngle is some kind of malware aplication.

seadog0514
18-01-2018, 16:34
thx for the suggestions.

I think it will be after midnight when you guys starts to play. pity.

seadog0514
20-01-2018, 16:06
question:

1:is it true that no sub(including AI-sub) can detect high frequency signal in DW?

2:when you are guiding sm-1mr or SA-N-9, you have to wait the missle to destroy or miss it's target, then you can fire next missle to attack other target. all the time only one sm-1 or sa-n-9 in air?

pepe
22-01-2018, 02:04
1) Player can't detect HF from other submarine
2) You have 2 FCRs so you can provide guiding for more than 1 missiles

seadog0514
23-01-2018, 05:05
thx for the reply. I will test the missle performence.

seadog0514
23-01-2018, 05:17
for TIW warning, player will be warned once torp coming whin 3 nm.
is it possible for me to adjust this 3nm to 1 nm? if it's easy, can you pls show me how to adjust?

I know DW_Veterans_Edition. but I want adjust or get rid of TIW warning for torp-approach only, keep splash warning for bouy-drop-into-water and launch warning for subroc/missle-launch.

seadog0514
24-01-2018, 15:38
If you attack civilian vessels - the commander of the ship should be punished and not the system. :D

If you attack civilian vessels - other naval patrols should be increased. Who will find your captain - and punished.

for TIW warning, player will be warned once torp coming whin 3 nm.
is it possible for me to adjust this 3nm to 1 nm? if it's easy, can you pls show me how to adjust?

I know DW_Veterans_Edition. but I want adjust or get rid of TIW warning for torp-approach only, keep splash warning for bouy-drop-into-water and launch warning for subroc/missle-launch.

seadog0514
25-01-2018, 04:55
I know the RA-mod intruduce or adjust bearing-error for sonor system.
however yestoday I found something abnormal.
see the attached pic, I TMA a ship for a long time and get it's positon/course pretty accurate at last.
the problem is the bearing error of my shpere/bow sonar is too big. I dont know the reason, maybe it's caused by relative the longe range(target ship is more 10nm), pls take a look at this.

attached with mission-file and mission-saved-file.
load and check S06

Von Faust
28-01-2018, 15:16
Hi, I have a problem with Udaloy and Bergamini, when I try to use this platforms (quick mission and normal mission) Dangerous Waters have a CTD (no specific error message).
Have You any idea ?

Thanks

pepe
28-01-2018, 16:38
Hi, Von Faust, Russian community have old Udaloy interface - it would help.

Von Faust
28-01-2018, 17:02
Hi, Von Faust, Russian community have old Udaloy interface - it would help.

Thank you Pepe :)

Jaf
28-01-2018, 20:00
I have a CTD with Udaloy and Bergamini

Unpack this file in DW folder and check if it helped.
(What OS do you have?)

Von Faust
30-01-2018, 14:51
Unpack this file in DW folder and check if it helped.
(What OS do you have?)

Thank You, i'll try this nigth.
I have Windows 10.

Swampy
30-01-2018, 21:24
Hi, I have a problem with Udaloy and Bergamini, when I try to use this platforms (quick mission and normal mission) Dangerous Waters have a CTD (no specific error message).
Have You any idea ?

Thanks

I had the same problem. Setting my desktop resolution to the resloution DW will run at seems to fix it.

seadog0514
23-02-2018, 11:16
???
something big is coming? calm before the storm....

USA~Driver
01-03-2018, 22:29
Sorry if this has been asked ( I did look ) but has anyone else have the menu anomaly where certain items cannot be chosen? I cannot access the MK_8 SDV from the stores menu or it doesn't register but the overall count is affected.

Just asking.

pepe
01-03-2018, 22:58
MK_8 SDV - probably you should launch it like special forces or DSRV

USA~Driver
02-03-2018, 10:10
Right. I understand how to use them, but cannot access them through the stores menu. The counter does not register them loaded.

This used to happen with KILO's menu as well.

Jaf
02-03-2018, 23:00
Right. I understand how to use them, but cannot access them through the stores menu. The counter does not register them loaded.

They are not there.
They are loaded in the mission editor.
The old pirate but forgot about grappling hook :)

USA~Driver
03-03-2018, 08:30
"I see" said the blind man . . .

Thanks JAF. You're the best. :)

PL_Cmd_Jacek
10-03-2018, 02:11
Hi !!!

First, thank you a lot for the new version of the great mod !!!

I have one request. I believe that a range of UUM-44 SUBROC (Sturgeon's payload) is too large.

Today we played a battle. It appeared that single charge can destroy a sub from a range of 2NM. Checked with Akula (killed from the range of 1.8 NM) and Alfa (sunk by explosion in a range of 2.1NM).

I think that it should be 1 NM max. Similar to previous versions of the mod.

Please consider that.

Thanks

Swampy
10-03-2018, 21:02
[QUOTE=PL_Cmd_Jacek;144880]Hi !!!

First, thank you a lot for the new version of the great mod !!!

I have one request. I believe that a range of UUM-44 SUBROC (Sturgeon's payload) is too large.

Today we played a battle. It appeared that single charge can destroy a sub from a range of 2NM. Checked with Akula (killed from the range of 1.8 NM) and Alfa (sunk by explosion in a range of 2.1NM).

I think that it should be 1 NM max. Similar to previous versions of the mod.

Please consider that.

Im currious why you think it should be 1NM? My quick google search gave me a deadly radius of at least 4 NM, but Im no expert

PL_Cmd_Jacek
11-03-2018, 00:09
Im currious why you think it should be 1NM? My quick google search gave me a deadly radius of at least 4 NM, but Im no expert

Only from multiplayer gameplay balance perspective.

In many scenarios nuke weapon is not allowed. The Sturgeon class with Subrocks was allowed due to limited range of explosion. It gives a good balance compare to RED side rockets like Starfish.

elpuxo
12-03-2018, 21:09
But then again, conventional only, blue side has 20+nm adcap , which beats any Russian torpedo by speed and range. So, Starfish is good balance already.

pepe
13-03-2018, 03:28
Before RA 1.44 nuke starfish explosion cover much more area than UUM-44.

Russian 65-76 torpedo have maximum range 54 NM at lower speed 35 kts and 27 NM at 50 kts.
ADCAP reach 27 NM at 40 kts speed and "only" (still very good range) 21 NM at 55 kts

CrazyIvan
13-03-2018, 14:20
Torpedo ADCAP has the advantage of rectilinear motion. Torpedoes with a search pattern "snake", lose some range, as the turns from side to side are taken into account as the distance traveled. Because of this, the distance measured in a straight line, will be substantially lower. In general, the travel distance is calculated from the actual fuel consumption per 1 m of travel based on the consumption factor for the current speed.

Once, the idea was more significantly more difficult to simulate the work of gas turbine torpedoes - because fuel consumption and speed in these torpedoes (in contrast to electrical torpedoes), directly depends on the depth of the torpedo. The deeper the torpedo - the lower its speed, and the greater fuel consumption.
But since it is difficult to find data on this dependence, it was decided not to use such an algorithm in torpedo doctrines.

PS: Also, I'll add why the wire break option was not modeled. As you know, the length of the wire does not match the maximum distance of the torpedo. Some old fashion, (LVAMi) tries to simulate a cord break, but this is a wrong decision.
Since, the wire break distance is calculated from the torpedo's INITIALIZE point, and not from the point at which the player's sub is at the moment. At the moment, it is impossible to obtain in the torpedo doctrine the current coordinates for the player's boat in a simple way, in order to calculate the real distance between the torpedo and the player's boat and not the torpedo POINT INITIALIZATION.
In principle, you can implement this option in a complex way.
But this will multiply the computational loads for the game engine. (as in the case of the torpedo ADCAP, when at the acceleration time x16, the game engine does not have time to correctly process the data from the torpedo sensors).

Therefore, it was decided not to use the wire break option.

seadog0514
21-03-2018, 07:59
assume the wire lenght is unlimited.
for wire break option. there are some other points to consider.when wire guiding a torp, there should been some limitions to own sub's maneuverability, for example max speed limit, max deviration of course from initial course. just like in COLD WATER.

it is possible to reduce or alter the bearing error for bow/Conformal sonar?

seadog0514
23-03-2018, 10:17
bug report.
today I test with Chinese fleet. their latest destoyer 052C/052D has no medium range missle for air defence. from the USNi, the 052c should be able to fire HQ-9, however during test, 052C never fire medium air defence missle. unluck for 052D, this kind of destroyer has no medium missle even in the USNI..........

the YJ-18 cruise at altitude 66 meters, relatively very high compared to other SSM.....

seadog0514
26-03-2018, 04:44
some doubt report

one scenario I encounter for several times, and it's confuse me a lot.

when mobile decoy(china CM/MG-74) was hit by a torpeto, if any sub is less than (around)2 nm from the incident site, the sub would be heavy damaged or sunk. my personal doubt is : maybe the damage range is too large?

seadog0514
26-03-2018, 04:45
hello........

why is it so quiet. hello, anybody there?

pepe
26-03-2018, 15:30
when mobile decoy(china CM/MG-74) was hit by a torpeto, if any sub is less than (around)2 nm from the incident site, the sub would be heavy damaged or sunk. my personal doubt is : maybe the damage range is too large?
Its happens very often in MP sessions with all korunds.

CrazyIvan
01-04-2018, 01:55
If a torpedo strikes an MG-74 Korund, then too much detonation?

At present, this problem is solved with mines.
And can be fixed in Patch_#1 for 1.44 version

USA~Driver
03-04-2018, 08:03
Hey fellas' :192:

I have a question I've been wanting to ask but for years, but haven't or some reason: What is the deal with the satellites? How are we to use them? I want to have one re-appear every ninety minutes, or so to simulate a real orbiting satellite if this is possible. The only way I can use them is they only last for just a short time not enough to be effective for any great length of time.

Having "updates" every ninety minutes would enhance my missions greatly.

If this question has been answered before I apologize. Thanks again for the great work. really digging this 1.44 version of ReinForce Alert.

CrazyIvan
03-04-2018, 12:41
Simplest variant:

1. Install the airport.
2. Add qts as necessary satellites to it.
3. Install Aviation in flight with tactic “barrier”, alt flight, etc.
4. Set the “Aircraft with Launch Time” for each satellite.
5. Repeat step 3 4 how many satellites should be installed.

It is also possible to generate satellites from a group by trigger with refire through a discrete time. But this variant is more complicated.

USA~Driver
04-04-2018, 02:23
:D

Thank you kindly Mr. Ivan.

seadog0514
04-04-2018, 03:39
.PercentTorpsExplodeOnCM 50
.PercentDeadPlatformsIgnored 10

do these two parameters still work in RA? how do they affect the behaver of torpeto?

Red_88
12-04-2018, 23:56
Hi!

I just noticed that the length of towed array of the collins class submarine deployed in game is 792m but in USNI Ownship information it is stated to be 340m. which one is right?

CrazyIvan
14-04-2018, 02:00
Hi!

I just noticed that the length of towed array of the collins class submarine deployed in game is 792m but in USNI Ownship information it is stated to be 340m. which one is right?

has been fixsed

Red_88
16-04-2018, 21:37
has been fixsed

Thank you!

Red_88
30-04-2018, 19:49
Hi,
I updated my DWX-Cheatscheet. It has now 4 pages and includes air and surface launched weapons.

Von Faust
01-05-2018, 19:42
I had the same problem. Setting my desktop resolution to the resloution DW will run at seems to fix it.

I have try all combination.
I have used FFG.zip, I have try all combination of desktop resolution and DW resolution.
I have try various compatibility mode and other without result :(

With old version of Reinforce Alert the problem did not occur.

Any idea ?

Thank you

CrazyIvan
01-05-2018, 22:00
Install the video driver - some old version.

PS: in which module you get an error (offset number ). And what is its code?

perhaps we would have helped early, but you do not enter into a dialogue (I previously asked you about the error code, but I did not get an answer).
If you want a solution - do not be silent.

Von Faust
01-05-2018, 22:54
Install the video driver - some old version.

PS: in which module you get an error (offset number ). And what is its code?

perhaps we would have helped early, but you do not enter into a dialogue (I previously asked you about the error code, but I did not get an answer).
If you want a solution - do not be silent.

It's a generic error "Dangerous Waters has stop working" without any indication about module or other.
Now I'll try whit old version of video driver as You suggest.

Thank you

CrazyIvan
02-05-2018, 00:11
To begin with - install the default game (it looks like you your machine is not friendly even for the original game).

And clean up the entire folder with the game - from the old files.

Òry it and if everything works - install add-on 1.44.

"Dangerous Waters has stop working" message - from ???

Drakken
02-05-2018, 00:52
It's a generic error "Dangerous Waters has stop working" without any indication about module or other.
Now I'll try whit old version of video driver as You suggest.

Thank you

Hi Crazy Ivan... i have the same problem.

I use W10 and Nvidia GPU. This problem start from you inserted new graphics sonar station for the FFG/DDG units.

CrazyIvan
02-05-2018, 01:06
Hi Crazy Ivan... i have the same problem.

I use W10 and Nvidia GPU. This problem start from you inserted new graphics sonar station for the FFG/DDG units.

Offset bug Module ?

Does the error occur when the scenario is loaded or when you try to enter the new graphic station?
It is absolutely unclear - which module gives the error.

Von Faust
02-05-2018, 16:23
Offset bug Module ?

Does the error occur when the scenario is loaded or when you try to enter the new graphic station?
It is absolutely unclear - which module gives the error.

In my case (but I think this is also true for Drakken), I select the quik mission -> I select the Udaloy (or Bergamini) and I start.. On the next screen, the loading bar freezes at 2/3 of its length and DW CTD.
I have try to create a single mission with Udaloy or Bergamini but DW crash.
The problem is that when DW crash there is no indication on the module and on the offset.

I have to enable debug mode ?
I have read that you have to use /debugoutput command with exe file but wich program I use to capture the event ?

Thank You

CrazyIvan
02-05-2018, 17:15
Run DbgView.exe (the program should be in the root folder with the game)
Then select the option from the menu Connect -> Name of your computer.

Then run the command line dangerouswaters.exe -debugoutput.
(or create and launch BAT file with the string dangerouswaters.exe -debugoutput)

Next, in the debugger, you will see which module was last loaded from the list of DLL files.

like this :

[972] EXE: HULL STORE = 4000
[972] EXE: Scenario Name: QuickMission seed: 1525271564.
[972] EXE: PRE-ProgressDialogCreate.
[972] EXE: New Track Num 1001, ent hull 1, tgt hull 1
[972] EXE: BOTTOM OF SimLoad returning: 1!
[972] EXE: Loading Interface textdll...
[972] EXE: Loaded DLL: Bridge.DLL with Unique ID: 10222
[972] EXE: Loaded DLL: AcousticDisp.DLL with Unique ID: 10232
[972] EXE: Loaded DLL: ASTAC.DLL with Unique ID: 10229
[972] EXE: Loaded DLL: Active.DLL with Unique ID: 10209
[972] EXE: Loaded DLL: INCPT.DLL with Unique ID: 10210
[972] EXE: Loaded DLL: TowedArray.DLL with Unique ID: 10212
[972] EXE: Loaded DLL: EW.DLL with Unique ID: 10234
[972] EXE: Loaded DLL: Radar.DLL with Unique ID: 10220
[972] EXE: Loaded DLL: TMA.DLL with Unique ID: 10221
[972] EXE: Loaded DLL: WeaponsControl.DLL with Unique ID: 10235
[972] EXE: Loaded DLL: FloatingCamera.dll with Unique ID: 10242
[972] EXE: Loaded DLL: TorpedoControl.DLL with Unique ID: 10237
[972] EXE: Loaded DLL: WCont2.DLL with Unique ID: 10219
[972] EXE: Loaded DLL: L11.DLL with Unique ID: 10250
[972] EXE: New Track Num 1, ent hull 4, tgt hull 4
[972] EXE: New Track Num 2, ent hull 3, tgt hull 3
[972] EXE: New Track Num 3, ent hull 2, tgt hull 2
[972] EXE: STARTING THE REINFORCE ALERT ADD-ON v.1.44 Revision 1.

Von Faust
02-05-2018, 17:24

(or create and launch BAT file with the string dangerouswaters.exe -debugoutput)

Next, in the debugger, you will see which module was last loaded from the list of DLL files.

Perfect !!
I'll try tonight.

Thank You

Von Faust
02-05-2018, 23:36

This is the result using Udaloy in Quick Mission:

[26748] EXE: Inserting Entity: 816
[26748] EXE: Inserting Entity: 940
[26748] EXE: Inserting Entity: 921
[26748] EXE: Inserting Entity: 973
[26748] stopping file
[26748] stopping file
[26748] EXE: HERE!
[26748] EXE: PRE-sendIniMsg.
[26748] EXE: PRE-sendTimeManagerMsg.
[26748] EXE: PRE-sendDBAddressesMsg.
[26748] EXE: PRE-new SolutionManager.
[26748] EXE: PRE-sendWorldAddressesMsg.
[26748] EXE: POST-sendWorldAddressesMsg.
[26748] EXE: PRE-new MastManager.
[26748] EXE: PRE-InitOS.
[26748] EXE: PRE-InitSubScreenData.
[26748] EXE: PRE-new GoalManager.
[26748] EXE: PRE-new ScoreManager.
[26748] EXE: PRE-SetScenarioName.
[26748] EXE: PRE-SetScenarioType.
[26748] EXE: PRE-GetScenario.
[26748] EXE: PRE-GetEntityToControl.
[26748] EXE: HULL STORE = 4000
[26748] EXE: Scenario Name: QuickMission seed: 1525288956.
[26748] EXE: PRE-ProgressDialogCreate.
[26748] EXE: New Track Num 1001, ent hull 1, tgt hull 1
[26748] EXE: BOTTOM OF SimLoad returning: 1!
[26748] EXE: Loading Interface textdll...
[26748] EXE: Loaded DLL: Bridge.DLL with Unique ID: 10222

This with Bergamini:

[21816] EXE: Inserting Entity: 816
[21816] EXE: Inserting Entity: 940
[21816] EXE: Inserting Entity: 921
[21816] EXE: Inserting Entity: 973
[21816] stopping file
[21816] stopping file
[21816] EXE: HERE!
[21816] EXE: PRE-sendIniMsg.
[21816] EXE: PRE-sendTimeManagerMsg.
[21816] EXE: PRE-sendDBAddressesMsg.
[21816] EXE: PRE-new SolutionManager.
[21816] EXE: PRE-sendWorldAddressesMsg.
[21816] EXE: POST-sendWorldAddressesMsg.
[21816] EXE: PRE-new MastManager.
[21816] EXE: PRE-InitOS.
[21816] EXE: PRE-InitSubScreenData.
[21816] EXE: PRE-new GoalManager.
[21816] EXE: PRE-new ScoreManager.
[21816] EXE: PRE-SetScenarioName.
[21816] EXE: PRE-SetScenarioType.
[21816] EXE: PRE-GetScenario.
[21816] EXE: PRE-GetEntityToControl.
[21816] EXE: HULL STORE = 4000
[21816] EXE: Scenario Name: QuickMission seed: 1525289213.
[21816] EXE: PRE-ProgressDialogCreate.
[21816] EXE: New Track Num 1001, ent hull 1, tgt hull 1
[21816] EXE: BOTTOM OF SimLoad returning: 1!
[21816] EXE: Loading Interface textdll...
[21816] EXE: Loaded DLL: Bridge.DLL with Unique ID: 10222

With OH Perry I have no problem and the result is:

[23432] EXE: Inserting Entity: 921
[23432] EXE: Inserting Entity: 973
[23432] stopping file
[23432] stopping file
[23432] EXE: HERE!
[23432] EXE: PRE-sendIniMsg.
[23432] EXE: PRE-sendTimeManagerMsg.
[23432] EXE: PRE-sendDBAddressesMsg.
[23432] EXE: PRE-new SolutionManager.
[23432] EXE: PRE-sendWorldAddressesMsg.
[23432] EXE: POST-sendWorldAddressesMsg.
[23432] EXE: PRE-new MastManager.
[23432] EXE: PRE-InitOS.
[23432] EXE: PRE-InitSubScreenData.
[23432] EXE: PRE-new GoalManager.
[23432] EXE: PRE-new ScoreManager.
[23432] EXE: PRE-SetScenarioName.
[23432] EXE: PRE-SetScenarioType.
[23432] EXE: PRE-GetScenario.
[23432] EXE: PRE-GetEntityToControl.
[23432] EXE: HULL STORE = 4000
[23432] EXE: Scenario Name: QuickMission seed: 1525289317.
[23432] EXE: PRE-ProgressDialogCreate.
[23432] EXE: New Track Num 1001, ent hull 1, tgt hull 1
[23432] EXE: BOTTOM OF SimLoad returning: 1!
[23432] EXE: Loading Interface textdll...
[23432] EXE: Loaded DLL: Bridge.DLL with Unique ID: 10222
[23432] EXE: Loaded DLL: AcousticDisp.DLL with Unique ID: 10232
[23432] EXE: Loaded DLL: ASTAC.DLL with Unique ID: 10229
[23432] EXE: Loaded DLL: Active.DLL with Unique ID: 10209
[23432] EXE: Loaded DLL: TowedArray.DLL with Unique ID: 10212
[23432] EXE: Loaded DLL: EW.DLL with Unique ID: 10234
[23432] EXE: Loaded DLL: Radar.DLL with Unique ID: 10220
[23432] EXE: Loaded DLL: TMA.DLL with Unique ID: 10221
[23432] EXE: Loaded DLL: WeaponsControl.DLL with Unique ID: 10235
[23432] EXE: Loaded DLL: FloatingCamera.dll with Unique ID: 10242
[23432] EXE: Loaded DLL: TorpedoControl.DLL with Unique ID: 10237
[23432] EXE: Loaded DLL: MachineGun.DLL with Unique ID: 10239
[23432] EXE: Loaded DLL: UW_CTRL.dll with Unique ID: 10231
[23432] EXE: Loaded DLL: L11.DLL with Unique ID: 10250
[23432] EXE: New Track Num 1, ent hull 4, tgt hull 4
[23432] EXE: New Track Num 2, ent hull 3, tgt hull 3
[23432] EXE: New Track Num 3, ent hull 2, tgt hull 2
[23432] EXE: STARTING THE REINFORCE ALERT ADD-ON v.1.44 Revision 1.
[23432] NSE: O.H.Perry FFG User detected by Freighter with Visual at rng 795
[23432] NSE: O.H.Perry FFG User ID'd Neutral by Freighter
[23432] NSE: Spruance DD detected by Freighter with Visual at rng 2422

If could be helpful I have a CTD if I try to change to lower resolution from 1280x1024 in Options. The result of debug is:

[26592] FTH: (26592): *** Fault tolerant heap shim applied to current process. This is usually due to previous crashes. ***
[26592]
[26592]
[26592] Building Driver/mode list...
[26592]
[26592] Driver: nvldumd.dll
[26592] Description: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
[26592] Device: HAL
[26592] 640 x 480 R5G6B5
[26592] 800 x 600 R5G6B5
[26592] 1024 x 768 R5G6B5
[26592] 1280 x 1024 R5G6B5
[26592] Finished
[26592]
[26592] Clipping to 0, 0 to 1279, 1023
[26592] Pixel shader version: 1.4
[26592] Projected texture supported: Yes
[26592] Clipping to 0, 0 to 1279, 1023
[26592] stopping file
[26592] Removing window clipping.
[26592]
[26592]
[26592] Building Driver/mode list...
[26592]
[26592] Driver: nvldumd.dll
[26592] Description: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
[26592] Device: HAL
[26592] 640 x 480 R5G6B5
[26592] 800 x 600 R5G6B5
[26592] 1024 x 768 R5G6B5
[26592] 1280 x 1024 R5G6B5
[26592] Finished
[26592]
[26592] Pixel shader version: 1.4
[26592] Projected texture supported: Yes
[26592] Clipping to 0, 0 to 1023, 767

Thank You

CrazyIvan
03-05-2018, 00:02
OK.
This requires some analysis.
Most likely, the AcousticDisplay module can not be loaded.

However - for Bergamini, no graphics for the AcousticDisplay station were changed, but this can not be downloaded.

I have to think about some time. Possible Bridge Station bugged.

PS: Regarding the video driver - I have great suspicions that you have it conflicting with DW.

CrazyIvan
03-05-2018, 17:40
To Von Vaust:
Are you sure that in the 1.43 version of the Udaloy and Bergamini work without errors?
Since - Bergamini was not changed graphics (in 1.44), also files Bridge and Acoustics display - identical in versions 143 and 144.

Your e-mail on Yahoo is in force?
For further debugging, I want to send you some files.

PS: On Win 10 resolution it is necessary to change in the DangerousWaters.INI file.
ModeID 1 - 800x600
ModeID 2 - 1024x768 etc. . .

In the game menu this will not work.

Jaf
03-05-2018, 21:59
The problem is that when DW crash there is no indication on the module and on the offset.

Attach here emergency dumps from:
c:\Users\YourProfile\AppData\Local\CrashDumps\dang erouswaters.exe.XXXX.dmp

Von Faust
03-05-2018, 23:21
Attach here emergency dumps from:
c:\Users\YourProfile\AppData\Local\CrashDumps\dang erouswaters.exe.XXXX.dmp

"CrashDumps" directory is empty.
I have try to see the Windows event viewer and the resul is:

Nome dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: dangerouswaters.exe, (NAME APPLICATION)
versione: 0.1.0.4, timestamp: 0x45b1069b
Nome del modulo che ha generato l'errore: unknown, versione: 0.0.0.0, timestamp: 0x00000000 (MODULE THAT HAVE GENERATED THE ERROR)
Codice eccezione: 0xc0000005
Offset errore 0x00000000 (OFFSET ERROR)
ID processo che ha generato l'errore: 0x6e90 (PROCESS THAT HAVE GENERATED THE ERROR)

Ora di avvio dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: 0x01d3e312e2b53195
Percorso dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: D:\giochi\Dangerous Waters\dangerouswaters.exe
Percorso del modulo che ha generato l'errore: unknown (MODULE PATH)
ID segnalazione: ad03a53b-bd3b-4536-97d4-9490d031f055

Von Faust
03-05-2018, 23:28
To Von Vaust:
Are you sure that in the 1.43 version of the Udaloy and Bergamini work without errors?
Since - Bergamini was not changed graphics (in 1.44), also files Bridge and Acoustics display - identical in versions 143 and 144.

I'll verify, I'm not sure

Your e-mail on Yahoo is in force?
For further debugging, I want to send you some files.

I sent a PM to You with my email

PS: On Win 10 resolution it is necessary to change in the DangerousWaters.INI file.
ModeID 1 - 800x600
ModeID 2 - 1024x768 etc. . .
In the game menu this will not work.

Yes, to change resolution I modify .ini

seadog0514
04-05-2018, 13:48
hi, I have a request for you if you are not busy

For the current unbroken torpeto-guiding-wire, I really like to have some way to alter it, even if the method to be used is not that real.

as you mentioned before , to achieve the 100% reality for torpeto-guiding-wire, lots of works need to be done. so let's compromise that, let's just intruduce some kind of speed limit when sub wants to maintain the torpeto-guiding-wire, just like the way if sub's speed exceed some limitation, their TA will break.

the reason I really like to implement this kind of limitation is if there is a limitation to consider when wire-guiding torpeto, to achieve a hit , player will need more information before attack, also need to know how to use the layer to mask their own torpeto to alert opponent as late as possible.

there is a really bad way to play DW: detect target, no information gathering, no analysis, just shoot 3-5 torpetos, run , ping, wire-guiding ......

if it is convenient and easy for you, could you please tell me how to do that.

Jaf
04-05-2018, 14:12
I have try to see the Windows event viewer and the resul is:

Are there any other error events of dangerouswaters.exe, where the OFFSET ERROR is different from 0x00000000?

Von Faust
04-05-2018, 17:19
Are there any other error events of dangerouswaters.exe, where the OFFSET ERROR is different from 0x00000000?

As suggested by Crazy Ivan the problem could be caused by some Windows updates. I will try to remove them.
No Jaf, there are no other events related to the DW crash.

Thank You

seadog0514
04-05-2018, 18:07
suggestion:
using vmware to run a win7, then install DW+RA in it, it works perfectly.

Von Faust
04-05-2018, 18:28
suggestion:
using vmware to run a win7, then install DW+RA in it, it works perfectly.

Good idea.
And it works fine in multiplayer ?

Thank You

CrazyIvan
04-05-2018, 18:54
hi, I have a request for you if you are not busy

For the current unbroken torpeto-guiding-wire, I really like to have some way to alter it, even if the method to be used is not that real.

as you mentioned before , to achieve the 100% reality for torpeto-guiding-wire, lots of works need to be done. so let's compromise that, let's just intruduce some kind of speed limit when sub wants to maintain the torpeto-guiding-wire, just like the way if sub's speed exceed some limitation, their TA will break.

the reason I really like to implement this kind of limitation is if there is a limitation to consider when wire-guiding torpeto, to achieve a hit , player will need more information before attack, also need to know how to use the layer to mask their own torpeto to alert opponent as late as possible.

there is a really bad way to play DW: detect target, no information gathering, no analysis, just shoot 3-5 torpetos, run , ping, wire-guiding ......

if it is convenient and easy for you, could you please tell me how to do that.

This will look like an error.

For example, if you turn off the cord option in the doctrine - there is no voice message about the wire break.

However, you can control the cord by torpedo - at least you can do torpedo reset by command SHUTDOWN.

A good idea is to close the muzzle to break the wire from the DOCTRINE.
In this case, you will receive a voice and text message about the wire break, and really lose control of the torpedo.
But this option is also quite complex - it requires intervention in the game engine.

seadog0514
04-05-2018, 22:04
Good idea.
And it works fine in multiplayer ?

Thank You

perfectly fine with multiplay, just like a real machine.

Von Faust
05-05-2018, 01:22
I have a little solution but the behavior of DW is strange.
Searching for code 0xc0000005 in Google I read that the problem could be caused by the antivirus.
I have disabled Avira Antivir and Malwarebytes, I launched DW and Udaloy works perfectly, immediately I have tried Bergamini and this also worked !!!
I exit from DW, restart DW and it doesn't work.
Rechecking antivirus and Malwarebytes but this is disabled.

Ok........I restart Windows, disable Antivirus and Malwarebytes and DW work fine.
I close DW, restart DW and it doesn't work.

I will not dwell further, after many attempts DW (with Udaloy and Bergamini) work fine only if I restart Windows and launch DW as first program.

If I close DW and restart DW this doesn't work.
If I restart Windows and launch DW work.

Very strange.

Tanks You
(excuse me for my english)

seadog0514
05-05-2018, 04:34
thx for quick reply.

I notice that when MG-74 was hit by a torpeto, you will not receive wire-broken message, I am not sure player still can control it or not. only when you close the muzzle door, the wire-broken message will be received.
maybe this is what you said "control the cord by torpedo".

one more thing:
no matter what speed you set before launch(in my case 1 or 2 kts), before enable, the minial speed of UUV is 3kts, which make it very noisy, not just easy to be detected, also an easy target for WAA. this really limint it's tactical use.(of course in practice, I always set uuv speed 1kts and once launched I will enable it imediately to avoid the backfire. with 1kts, it's maneuverability is very poor, you need to calculate sub's heading just before launching uuv)
but I really can't figure out following:
the uuv is running on battery and very noisy, is it reasonable? and also UUV has no narrow band noise profile.

CrazyIvan
05-05-2018, 18:09
UUV is not loud.
Such a noise profile has:

0 kts -55
1 - 60
2 - 60
3 - 61
4 - 62
5 - 62
6 - 63
7 - 63
8 - 63
9 - 63
10 - 64
11 - 64
12 - 64
13 - 66
14 - 67
15 - 70

The frequency profile is absent - because the type of MINE for UUV (preventing TIW msg).
Also, the frequency profiles will not be of the BIO type (whale Shrimp etc) and the Oil-Rig type (since the LAND class)

seadog0514
06-05-2018, 09:16
UUV is not loud.
Such a noise profile has:

0 kts -55
1 - 60
2 - 60
3 - 61
4 - 62
5 - 62
6 - 63
7 - 63
8 - 63
9 - 63
10 - 64
11 - 64
12 - 64
13 - 66
14 - 67
15 - 70

The frequency profile is absent - because the type of MINE for UUV (preventing TIW msg).
Also, the frequency profiles will not be of the BIO type (whale Shrimp etc) and the Oil-Rig type (since the LAND class)

today I tested again, found out that, it's not that uuv is very noise, it's Virginia-class's ball sonar is very good.
;)

seadog0514
08-05-2018, 04:53
suggestion

during mission design, there is a EMCON option for surface ship. if this option is ticked, the ship will activate radar and sonar all the time. however for battle ship, this will cause a big problem, since AI-warship will keep "ping" no matter what speed it's runing at, which will give out it's bearing at long distance and bring zero benifit to itself.
is it possible to tell the AI-warship to stop "ping" when it's speed too high, and resume "ping" after slow down. (for example 8 kts ?).
in summary, to make AI-warship to use active sonar properly.

CrazyIvan
09-05-2018, 20:58
This can be done in doctrine, but this will work with an error.
Since - in the doctrine, it is impossible to determine the parameter EMCON - it was ON initially at the start of the mission or OFF.

Suppose EMCON is OFF. When the ship is at high speed, in the doctrine we turn OFF the active sonar. When the ship slows down - then turn it ON.
But initially - the ship was in the status of inactive EMCON. And we will translate this status into active EMCON. This is the bug.
The ship, instead of remaining secretive, will issue its location with active pings.

pepe
09-05-2018, 22:17
Is it possible to active/deactive EMCON via script in mission editor (making new script type)?

It would be better solution than messing with speed

CrazyIvan
09-05-2018, 23:36
Through the script - most likely impossible. Since the flag of the EMÑON command is loaded only at the start of the scenario, and during the simulation, the game engine no longer refers to this section of the code.

But in addition - EMCON status implies the inclusion of Active sonar and RADARs.
In this case - we require ONLY the ACTIVE SONAR.

This option can be implemented only if the doctrine can receive the EMCON flag - it is ON at the mission start or OFF.

seadog0514
27-05-2018, 16:08
suggestion

is it possible to reduce the bearing error for bow/hull sonar?
In my senario, for a 8-20kts ship, within 20nm, it's really difficult to get accurate solution using mannul TMA with bow/hull sonar bearing only. The bearing error is too large.
Of course the best choise should be TA, but I prefer to assign TA auto-tracker to target interesting only . for nearby no-interesting/civilian target, I want to use the ball/hull sonar to get the solution.

CrazyIvan
06-06-2018, 02:58
Released Patch for 1.44 version.

This package, upgrade current version 1.44 to version 1.45.

Install instructions into the file “!_How_Install.TXT” in patch folder:

==============================================
Installation Steps

*************** Patch # 1 for -Reinforce Alert- version 1.44 *************

1. Placed unzip this add-on [ "!_PATCH_#1_for_144" Folder Name and "!_Patch#1_Install.bat" file ] at root directory Your game [ C:\...\Dangerous Waters ].

2. Launch "!_Patch#1_Install.bat" file for install pack.

3. When the CMD window closes, patching is completed. All installation files and folders will be automatically deleted.

4. New version 1.45 will be installed. (Old LOD files has automatically delete)

IMPORTANT !: To successfully install this add-on you in the root directory of the game after unpacking the archive, should be: Folder "!_PATCH_#1_for_144" and the file "!_Patch#1_Install.bat".

Changes in patch:

1 - Akula-I SSN: Special Forces added for user sub.
2 - Bergamini User platform: fix bug when 127 mm gun unable to shoot the front sector.*
3 - fixed bug when Ataka missile in Helo controlled from user Udaloy, with ASUW loadout. unable attack LAND based targets.
4 - Some cosmetic alterations in the interface of the launch panel of Akula's - more contrast readable text in the windows.*
5 - Fixed a bug at the pilot's station of the helicopter - DDI display, where the scale is specified in nautical miles instead kiloyard.*
6 - KA-27 User platform: Pilot and ATO DDI display scales has been increased.
7 - AI helos controlled from user ship: The transit speed is increased to the maximum when the player does not specify programmable modes.
Removed active ping option, when the player does not specify programmable active-passive dipping modes.
8 - KA-27 User: Dipping sonar cable fix to real length value. (150 m. 505 ft)
9 - Removed bug when weapons hit the corvettes Kotor Beograd Koni, game gets CTD.
10 - The distance of the blast wave from the detonation of the weapon was reduced.*
11 - Torpedo-Rockets ( Shkval and other ): an additional option is added to the weapon preset. The setting of the preset depth is 0005 (mode 0) or 1005 (mode 1),
sets the depth of the Shkval to the current launch depth. This allows for quick activation of the weapon.
12 - ESM meter level gauges (include periscope station): has been fix.*
13 - Collins Towed Array - lendth fix to 340 meters.
14 - Some Object added: Kashin DD, Chengdu FFG, Riga FF, Shershen PT, SU-57, Bastion SSM Site.
15 - User Viking: Fix bug with weapon reload in multiplayer game.
16 - Non Nuke Sub (AIP), Kilos - noise profile was corrected.
17 - Some propeller blades for surface platform set to real values.
18 - USNI DATA: RBU reference section added.
19 - User Udaloy: External view for helo and gun camera was redone.*
20 - Akulas IceTV (HF Sonar Station) was redone.*
21 - Some ASR Radars was redone.
22 - HF Sonar mark bug - potentially fix.*
23 - Udaloy User: UGST torpedoes replaced to SET-65 Torpedoes.
24 - Udaloy User: graphics Acoustic Display Station was redone.*
================================================== =

seadog0514
06-06-2018, 04:30
thanks very much

pepe
06-06-2018, 10:32
Thank you! I will check it after work :rolleyes

pepe
06-06-2018, 19:04
16 - Non Nuke Sub (AIP), Kilos - noise profile was corrected.

Can you give more inormations about it?
Is it means that old values from "RA_NOISE_Submarine" are not correct in RA 1.45?

CrazyIvan
06-06-2018, 20:38
This applies to diesel engines, since the previous noise on the diesel engine at a speed of 8 knots (Kilos), was less noise on the electric motor at 8 knots. later I measure levels and inform data.

PS: I was informed that the SHKVAL causes some players BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death)
Someone has a similar?

pepe
06-06-2018, 20:39
thx :)

PS: I was informed that the SHKVAL causes some players BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death)
Someone has a similar?

I did not test it yet. I can test it in MP session today at evening

pepe
06-06-2018, 23:58
Shkvals tested in simple mission - only ALFAs and shkvalls - replay included

Second session was with udaloys vs LA - all works good

kyte
10-06-2018, 10:13
Someone has a similar?

Hello! Yesterday I had hit the "Akula I Imp" with shkvall and akula's driver has game crash. It was LAN game.

pepe
12-06-2018, 02:56
Hmm crashes after destroying player platform are quite often - no matter what weapon you used.

CrazyIvan
13-06-2018, 22:21
Who crashes?
Who killed or who is dead?

CrazyIvan
13-06-2018, 22:25
micro patch added for 1.45

http://www.redrodgers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=145004&postcount=310

kyte
13-06-2018, 22:47
Who crashes?

The driver of the damaged boat (by Shkvall) had a critical error, game crashed.

pepe
13-06-2018, 23:18
Who crashes?
Usualy killed player

But during Shkvall 2 tests nobody had any crashes. Test were done only with ALFAs

CrazyIvan
14-06-2018, 00:01
How often do you evaluate it?
10 games - how many bounces with such a finale?

pepe
14-06-2018, 00:11
2/10 maybe 3/10. I don't know exactly because im usualy host.
Often killed player think - he is alive but his game crash. All rest can se his "deadplatform".

It happens not only in 1.45 but in previous versions too

CrazyIvan
14-06-2018, 00:21
All rest can se his "deadplatform".
It – fantastic condition. Incredibly.

pepe
14-06-2018, 00:24
:)

In MP games we usualy use "Show Deadplatforms" options

CrazyIvan
14-06-2018, 00:28
The killed player, is eliminated for real, from the game.:killer:

It's good that alive player - remain alive. :198:

pepe
14-06-2018, 00:30
"Only the dead have seen the end of the war." - in this case its not true :D

CrazyIvan
14-06-2018, 00:35
"Only the dead have seen the end of the war." - in this case its not true :D

For the living, the war (Battle) will continue. And only for the dead - it is over.

seadog0514
02-07-2018, 10:20
093 withi default weapon configure

CrazyIvan
02-07-2018, 12:33
You must load weapons at the WEAPON LOADOUT station before the mission.

seadog0514
05-07-2018, 04:26
thx, got that.

MAC-L
12-07-2018, 21:55
I am mainly play Dangerous Waters with RA but recently got Sub Command on a sale and are using your SCX mod there. I used the simple installer from SubGuru and now noticed a SCX update pack attached in your main post. Do I need this update?

Thanks

CrazyIvan
12-07-2018, 23:04
This update is needed.

However, it is not compatible with those missions and companies where you can use Delta and Juliett Subs. (when ago I was doing a mini-patch with playable Delta-IV SSBN and Juliett SSG)

seadog0514
30-07-2018, 06:37
suggestion:

is it possilbe to give player the option of manually detonating torpeto?

Submereged
12-09-2018, 01:41
Hey CrazyIvan, I was wondering if it would be possible to increase the top speed of the Virginia Class? Since it's beam is only a foot wider while having 5,000 more horsepower than a Los Angeles class it should be able able to go faster than an LA while maybe a knot slower than Seawolf. If you want more proof, what would accept? Janes or other publications showing its top speed?

Submereged
12-09-2018, 04:14
Hey CrazyIvan, I was wondering if it would be possible to increase the top speed of the Virginia Class? Since it's beam is only a foot wider while having 5,000 more horsepower than a Los Angeles class it should be able able to go faster than an LA while maybe a knot slower than Seawolf. If you want more proof, what would accept? Janes or other publications showing its top speed?

Here's what I have from Janes fighting ships!

https://i.imgur.com/3NtYYhm.jpg

Billy
14-09-2018, 05:40
Just a question, do we have a Russian voice mod for version 1.45? I don't like having Russian crew speaking to me in English.

CrazyIvan
14-09-2018, 08:17
Just a question, do we have a Russian voice mod for version 1.45? I don't like having Russian crew speaking to me in English.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1oawfgNo48GeiEHOVMxtwU-jMj5DUpLgE

Compatible with 1.44 and later version.

Billy
14-09-2018, 22:14
Ivan, I know you did a few fixes for a few missions and campaigns. Such as the mission "Race of the cripples". Are these fixes incorporated in 1.44 or 1.45?

CrazyIvan
15-09-2018, 21:44
what's wrong with this mission?

PS: I did something to fix it, but I do not remember exactly

Billy
16-09-2018, 04:51
what's wrong with this mission?

PS: I did something to fix it, but I do not remember exactly

That mission couldn't be completed if Buffalo was sunk but you reach the ice cap. It is because when the ship got sunk, it gets removed and script won't recognize that. I think what you did was to fix that.

Billy
16-09-2018, 07:41
an interesting observation, not sure if it's a bug.
The mission I used "invade motherland" of SC missions. I get TIW and sonar buoy warnings from 2 Nimrod aircraft 36nmi away. Sub launched and surface ship launched torpedoes are ok. You can't only hear TIW within a certain range.

CrazyIvan
16-09-2018, 13:46
For me, this is a known default bug - you will get TIW from sonobuoy, if the torpedo is at a distance of 3 miles from him. (the distance to the player can be just huge - 300, 400 miles for example.)

And - TIW players get on both on submarines and on ships.

Billy
17-09-2018, 04:01
For me, this is a known default bug - you will get TIW from sonobuoy, if the torpedo is at a distance of 3 miles from him. (the distance to the player can be just huge - 300, 400 miles for example.)

And - TIW players get on both on submarines and on ships.

I am v1.45. I thought this bug has been fixed in 1.45? So do I still need this patch if I have 1.45?

CrazyIvan
17-09-2018, 23:02
This bug can not be deleted.

At least - in this way as we use it. (editing via hex codes without having a basic source)

Billy
18-09-2018, 19:44
Just reporting three other possible bugs:
1. When American carrier gets hit by Oscar's UGM missiles, its in-flight fighters also suffer damage in the air. It seems this occurs randomly. I don't remember seeing this bug back in 1.43.
2. When Arleigh Burke class destroyers flight 1 and 2 get attacked by a barrage of missiles, they will only launch 2-3 missiles at a time. It seems their VLS is not getting used. (it seems all American DDG and CG couldn't use VLS. They all launch a few missiles regardless how many enemy missiles are launched against them.) Russian warships are working fine.
3. When a missile gets destroyed, all other SM-2s aimed at that missile would self-destruct.

CubanFoxtrot
19-09-2018, 19:32
This bug can not be deleted.

At least - in this way as we use it. (editing via hex codes without having a basic source)

What's the obstacle exactly, CrazyIvan?
I know a little bit about OsSensorDetectEvent, OsSensor, etc. too.
Not as much as you or as I'd like, but still we might try to cross opinions and formulate a solution (how would you expect that to work IRL? how should this event system coordinate with data link? what about sonobuoy link state? friendly platforms should be considered as extend events' comm range extenders - maybe introducing comm delay? didn't think too much in-depth about the subject yet ).
I've looked only at your missile-torpedo-sonobuoy switches in disasm (OsSensor's 0x0669F90 function, vtable+0x14) so far (called by OsSensorDetectEvent's vtable+0x10).
Couldn't you share the broader picture of the problem, please?
Let's see if I can be of any help there, if it's welcome of course.
As usual, thanks so much for your hard modding work.
CubanFoxtrot

CrazyIvan
20-09-2018, 02:01
This is not my merit.

Rather, comrades –Krabb- and –Jaf-, corrected this bug, and shared fix for community.

All from our team ))

Billy
21-09-2018, 18:17
I know you guys are working hard on the next great v1.46. I just have a few suggestions:

1. Can we strengthen CIWS power and accuracy? Right now, CIWS is practically useless against sea-skimming missiles, which they were originally designed to kill. The only use of CIWS now is to shoot at terrorist's rubber boats

2. Can we double check on some of the SAM's speed? Right now in 1.45, USNIReference says SM-2 missile top speed is only Mach 2.5. Most sources I checked, this missile's top speed is at least Mach 3.5. Considering most modern fighters (su-27, f-15 etc) top speeds are around 2.35, a Mach 2.5 SAM is practically useless.

3. There is a discrepancy between the listed speed in the reference and the actual in-battle speed. SM-2's top speed is mach2.5, but actual in-battle is only around 950kts, that's merely Mach 1.42.

seadog0514
23-09-2018, 05:46
better save the egergy for sub only, surface and air battle are mess in DW.

kyte
25-09-2018, 23:29

In this video author says 25+ kts ...
https://youtu.be/JB43X6p9b-4

pepe
26-09-2018, 00:34
Official speed for every US subs in service is 25+ (which doesn't means maximum speed)
https://www.navy.mil/navydata/fact_print.asp?cid=4100&tid=100&ct=4&page=1

kyte
26-09-2018, 22:07

I think that the reason for the low speed "Virginia" in the design of the propeller. The propeller that works silently differs from the propeller that allows you to get a high speed.

pepe
26-09-2018, 23:37
Virginia uses propulsion similar like Seawolf (35kts)

The propeller that works silently differs from the propeller that allows you to get a high speed
Its truth but not at all. Other SSN's with pump-jet can reach 30 or more kts:

- Suffren and Trafalgar can reach 30kts
- Shang mod 33kts
- even Alrosa (in real life not well done project) in DW have greater seed (22kts) than Kilo or LADA

For me Virginia should have minimum 30 kts but not more than Seawolf (closer to 30 than 35).

Fact that USN officially says all US SSN's have official speed 25+ kts in case of Virginia is good feed for russian propaganda about lower speed of Virginia :D

In other hand Virginia was NOT designed as typical Hunter-killer from end of Cold War - very high speed hadn't highest priority.

I don't know (and i don't care*) what is real speed of Viginia but im sure shouldn't be lower than 30 for game purposes.

*- I don't like Virginia SSN (and other ultra modern subs) because in my opinion DW is too old for good simulation of Today/Future submarine/antisubmarine warfare aspects - but its my personal opinion :P

Ðûáà
30-09-2018, 20:39
Hello, I'm find a BUG: Kitty Hawk - model not available. RA DWX Version 1.45. If you select this platform in the mission editor, game crash...

Ðûáà
30-09-2018, 20:52
Virginia uses propulsion similar like Seawolf (35kts)

Its truth but not at all. Other SSN's with pump-jet can reach 30 or more kts:

- Suffren and Trafalgar can reach 30kts
- Shang mod 33kts
- even Alrosa (in real life not well done project) in DW have greater seed (22kts) than Kilo or LADA

For me Virginia should have minimum 30 kts but not more than Seawolf (closer to 30 than 35).

Fact that USN officially says all US SSN's have official speed 25+ kts in case of Virginia is good feed for russian propaganda about lower speed of Virginia :D

In other hand Virginia was NOT designed as typical Hunter-killer from end of Cold War - very high speed hadn't highest priority.

I don't know (and i don't care*) what is real speed of Viginia but im sure shouldn't be lower than 30 for game purposes.

*- I don't like Virginia SSN (and other ultra modern subs) because in my opinion DW is too old for good simulation of Today/Future submarine/antisubmarine warfare aspects - but its my personal opinion :P
In my opinion, SSN "Virginia" in the game has the most realistic speed (it corresponds to most open sources 25 knots (in the game even higher by 3 knots)) and it is quite balanced, personally suits me. Do not forget that this submarine is much cheaper than a SSN "Seawolf" and its tasks are somewhat different, mainly these are special operations.

pepe
01-10-2018, 02:08
...it corresponds to most open sources 25 knots
..the same sources gives you information:

LA speed is 25+ kts
Seawolf speed is 25+ kts

https://www.navy.mil/navydata/fact_print.asp?cid=4100&tid=100&ct=4&page=1

Are you sure it is correct? :D
In my opinion its just "strategy" of USN for NOT informing about maximum speed.

For exapmle:
different than official USN sourses shows different values of speed :P

Hello, I'm find a BUG: Kitty Hawk - model not available. RA DWX Version 1.45.
bug confirmed in my DW

Ðûáà
01-10-2018, 22:32
Hello. I found another bug: If you select a cannon at the DDG Udaloy combat post (Weapons control 1 or 2), open the camera window, switch it to the helicopter camera window, it will crash to the desktop (checked in quick missions). The USS Oliver Hazard Perry FFG this works fine...

ghostdog
11-10-2018, 21:54
If we are working on new vessels, how about some older ones to fight with?
I would like to see echo, November and Whiskey class Russian subs, to complement Skipjack and Thresher class submarines. Using older systems and older torpedoes may prove a new challenge, especially if we can also bring outbolder boats withbolder sonobuoys and ASW weapons too...

OrangeFr3ak
15-10-2018, 23:27
Will Indian and Vietnamese Navy Kilo submarines be added in future since both navies are major users of the Kilo? The Indian Kilos are also known as the Sindhughosh class. It'll be nice to have hypothetical scenarios where Indian or Vietnamese Kilos face off against PLA Navy Kilos since this isn't too far-fetched and also Indian Navy scenarios against Pakistani submarines and surface warships.

kyte
17-10-2018, 00:07
Will Indian and Vietnamese Navy Kilo submarines be added in future since both navies are major users of the Kilo?

Good idea!

CrazyIvan
17-10-2018, 12:37
Good idea!

no subs analogs will be dublicated.
Take the Chinese kilo - it has the same weapon as the Indian kilo.

PS: And same sensors.

ghostdog
19-10-2018, 20:33
If that’s the case, it make sense to keep them as they are. But how about some other Russian and older NATO subs as I mentioned previously?

The skipjack needs more people to play with!
;)

CrazyIvan
19-10-2018, 23:14
Only Italian Sauro will be added to version 1.46.

seadog0514
20-10-2018, 03:51
will the feature of broken uuv/torp-guiding-line be added?
at first, this feature no need to be realistic as mush as possible, the simpliest method will be good enough. some speed limitation would bring in lots of new challenge, for example, while using any guiding line, once own sub'speed exceed 15 knots, the line would be broken.
or at least give the player the option to enable/disable this feature at their will

seadog0514
22-10-2018, 15:46
also mannully detonate wire-guide-torp option

pepe
22-10-2018, 19:16
also mannully detonate wire-guide-torp option
:52:

Why you need this?

seadog0514
23-10-2018, 03:25
someone told me in real world, you can do that.
in some scenario, your torp acquired the target , but it was deceived by decoys released by the running-away target(seawolf and v have so many decoys ready for imediate use, they can easily decoy-away a close-range-incoming torp! ). in this case, normally you rely on torp to reacquire the target . or you can choose to detonate the torp mannully, possiblely may cause some damage to the nearby target. of course torp's lethal range has a big impact on this method.

pepe
24-10-2018, 00:38
...of course torp's lethal range has a big impact on this method.
Im affraid not. Its wasting of very expensive weapon. Explosions under water havent large radius of damages. Look at nuke DC and nukes dotanated in air.

seadog0514
24-10-2018, 05:21
Im affraid not. Its wasting of very expensive weapon. Explosions under water havent large radius of damages. Look at nuke DC and nukes dotanated in air.

that's true if the damage range is very little in DW.

pepe
24-10-2018, 11:13
that's true if the damage range is very little in DW.
I had in mind not DW but real explosions :)

CrazyIvan
01-11-2018, 15:05
Version 1.46 - Released.

Drakken
01-11-2018, 15:24
Version 1.46 - Released.

Many thanks CrazyIvan from all Betasom italian community… great works with add our SAURO.
And we are happy that something of our Betamod live in RA 1.46 Mod.

:):D

seadog0514
01-11-2018, 17:33
great day!

seadog0514
01-11-2018, 17:37
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1n9...P4GWWIvmJKy4M2

why? from china?

any alternative websit for downloading?

Jaf
01-11-2018, 21:08
any alternative websit for downloading?

Try from official site (http://ra-dwx.narod.ru/download.htm)

pepe
02-11-2018, 00:04
Big thanks for listening community suggestions in RA 1.46 and earlier versions.

Fixing FC radars for closer realism working and adding Sauro are best things in this release.

seadog0514
02-11-2018, 06:25
Try from official site (http://ra-dwx.narod.ru/download.htm)

thx a lot.
last night that website still showing 144

Drakken
02-11-2018, 10:51
BUG REPORT:

With Windows 10 and Nvidia GTX Video, if you take BERGAMINI or UDALOY the game not loading scenario.
No error message. Only freeze video on loading while scenario.
Must restart the PC.

Anyone with same configuration have the same problem ?

CrazyIvan
02-11-2018, 15:38
Perhaps an antivirus or firewall does not allow to download this platform.

Von Faust
05-11-2018, 22:13
BUG REPORT:

With Windows 10 and Nvidia GTX Video, if you take BERGAMINI or UDALOY the game not loading scenario.
No error message. Only freeze video on loading while scenario.
Must restart the PC.

Anyone with same configuration have the same problem ?

I have the same problem (and PC configuration).
I have remove antivirus, disabled firewall, dowloaded DWX and reinstalled but problem persit.

Thank You

pepe
05-11-2018, 22:41
Hmm i wonder why it happens, my friend Gooferus (win 10) haven't problems with Bergamini/udaloy but he probably have Radeon gfx.
I will ask him about PC configuration.

I have 2 ideas:
- try to install RA with AV off (because my AV at first launch did scan of exe)
- try to disable 3d in options before launch
- try to use dgVoodoo for window mode (im sure Gooferus uses this apliction)
(http://redrodgers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=144514&styleid=1&langid=1) do NOT use d3d8.dll wrapper from Win_8_10_Support folder (delete it)

Edit:
Gooferus have Win 10 and Radeon gfx card
He use dgVoodoo wrapper for running DW in window mode.
He launch Bergamini in quick mission and all worked fine

Von Faust
06-11-2018, 00:16
Edit:
Gooferus have Win 10 and Radeon gfx card
He use dgVoodoo wrapper for running DW in window mode.
He launch Bergamini in quick mission and all worked fine

With this configuration alla works fine (only in windowed mode)

Thank You !!! :D

pepe
06-11-2018, 00:21
Wow! It's nice. I hope we will meet in next weekend battle.

:bud:

Von Faust
07-11-2018, 18:41
Wow! It's nice. I hope we will meet in next weekend battle.

:bud:

Only for information for other users....
To me it works even without the emulator but simply launch DW windowed.

USA~Driver
09-11-2018, 14:46
Still hard at work I see. Thought I'd better show my face here and say thanks -- its been awhile. Yes. I am still playing your game.

;)

Jaf
10-11-2018, 03:26
Update 10 Nov:
RA v1.46 Patch #01 (http://ra-dwx.narod.ru/todo.htm)

@pepe
To perform Mission 2 of the Ohio campaign: After receiving the message "ELF Message Received. SATCOM session ordered" it is necessary within 5 minutes to take a depth no more than 83 feet to receive data from the satellite.
The satellite’s span occurs 2 times, each time new data is transmitted.

pepe
10-11-2018, 03:50
@pepe
To perform Mission 2 of the Ohio campaign: After receiving the message "ELF Message Received. SATCOM session ordered" it is necessary within 5 minutes to take a depth no more than 83 feet to receive data from the satellite.
The satellite’s span occurs 2 times, each time new data is transmitted.

I've read this after reciving ELF message - my mistake, it was too late :P
And i was too deep for going to 83 feet in 5 minutes.
I will leave this mistake in current attempt as it was done
Maybe next time i will do it better.
Btw making mistakes is good to watch for mission designers. Not all players did their jobs perfect ;)

I sill haven't part III. I will record it soon.
It wasn't first time with Ohio campaign. Last time i've played this scenarios few years ago.

My mistake cost world apocalypse :132:

Jaf
11-11-2018, 00:00
Maybe next time i will do it better.

OHIO Campaign Fix (https://yadi.sk/d/ok-sRUe1_X5vGA)

pepe
11-11-2018, 01:22
ok, thx

pepe
11-11-2018, 04:19
https://youtu.be/1JaLFHvVqHQ

Mission with all fixes but playing as continuation.

I want to play this campaign again and with better score.

Thx for work in adapting this campaign to current RA

Jaf
11-11-2018, 12:58
I want to play this campaign again and with better score.

The second mission is key. Save Europe from the insidious Russians :)
We are waiting for new videos from you.

pepe
11-11-2018, 20:58
First mission complete!

https://youtu.be/yXoNCdFyGfs

Jaf
11-11-2018, 22:03
First mission complete!

OK.
I saw an reverse description in goal complete message "Remain Undetect".
Corrected it - reload by old link.

pepe
11-11-2018, 22:33
Second mission complete!

https://youtu.be/MRViYQETTgQ

I saw an reverse description in goal complete message "Remain Undetect".
Corrected it - reload by old link.

Yes, it was reversed text. Thx for fixing this small bug :)

Jaf
11-11-2018, 23:02
Second mission complete!

You did it!
But you were lucky that aviation did not appear in the mission (it's randomly) - then after a volley of missiles it would be more interesting :)

CrazyIvan
12-11-2018, 23:38
Second mission complete!

https://youtu.be/MRViYQETTgQ

Yes, it was reversed text. Thx for fixing this small bug :)

PART 3 - Only Subsim Released ?

I do not welcome disrespect for this thread :168:…

pepe
13-11-2018, 11:39
Part 3 wasn't linked yet.
On subsim only from my first attempt. Parts from second attempt only here and DWDL

I have completed last mission but its 36 minutes of video without any action. This time my Ohio wasn't attacked by Akula and vice versa.
In last mission positions of enemy submarines aren't random so when i play second, third time I cannot pretend "i don't know where they are" :P

Maybe i will attack Akula this time - video will be less boring.

pepe
13-11-2018, 22:32
Last mission is in two versions:

Passive

More realistic because SSBN shouldn't engage SSN's

https://youtu.be/1-06jQylKxQ

Aggressive
Maybe not realistic but not so boring :bud:

https://youtu.be/26tV7kX5rBQ

In both versions game crash when select replay for watching. Is it caused long time max time compression during game?

CrazyIvan
14-11-2018, 00:59
Thx.

Triggers - not like for the replay mode.
Higher priority recording of events (weapons launch) and transit story.

CrazyIvan
14-11-2018, 23:05
Patch #2 For ver. 1.46 Released.

Description:

$$$$$$$$
Some info about Patch #2 "Reinforce Alert" (ver 1.46)
1 - SSM Sizzlers (CLUB) missiles fix. (AI and User)
2 - SAM For Controllable Ships and AI platform fix.
3 - SAM Missiles fix default bug, when missile never fly with max.speed *
4 - Ohio Campaign has been fix.
$$$$$$$$

Install: Just Copyed Unzip Archive into DW Game Folder.
This is cumulative archive - previously released patch #1 is not required.

Rel: nov 2018

pepe
14-11-2018, 23:28
Great!

Thank you

https://youtu.be/32WaMuVChIQ

Randy T
16-11-2018, 01:55
Hey Ivan, nice to see RA mod is still moving forward. It definitely adds to the game.

Question though, are there any future plans for adding the 885 or 885m Yasen class as a playable sub. They are the newest and best attack boats in the fleet, and I for one am dying to get my hands on the command chair Of one in the game :)

Jaf
17-11-2018, 21:40
@MANoWAR.U52 from SubSim

If you tried to land off on an air base in Severomorsk, then you blundered a little ;)
When approaching Severomorsk comes a new order indicating another base to land off - be attentive.

pepe
17-11-2018, 21:42
@Randy T
Hmm adding newest playable warships/subs should be parallel with adding modern AI warships, submarines, systems, weapons etc.
If its not, you havent correct "background" for commanding your ultra modern sub :)

Jaf
18-11-2018, 12:12
@MANoWAR.U52 from SubSim
There is no message like one claimed. Just a circle appearing.

There is no crew message, but there is a RADIO message and it should be read on radio station.
That's why I said that you need to be more attentive.

pepe
18-11-2018, 17:35
In USNI REF ->ownship info max speed for Pelamida II is 15 kts but real value is 20
The same for Irtysh: in game info shows 18 kts but real is 20 (but more sensitive -10)
[max sensitivenes is usualy 75%-80% of value writen in USNI]

Changes were done in RA 1.45 without any information for players!

In my opinion its not fair. It looks like secretely making RUS sensors much better than in "paper" :168:

TB-16 wasn't changed - so it wasn't increasing capabilities of all Towed Arrays for better game purposes.

I've always defend RA team from accusations RUS mod = RUS ships are OP.
It looks i was wrong - its sad for me.

Please to correct this informations in next patch.

Jaf
21-11-2018, 21:21
@MANoWAR.U52 from SubSim

There is no radio message like one claimed. The Bear Campaign doesn´t give the radio message

By default, the radio is turned off.
(LINK 4 for helicopters; LINK 11 for airplanes and ships)
It is activated via the "Order Menu" -> LINK
or by clicking the right mouse button on your plane and then LINK

Stewy
23-11-2018, 11:53
Hey Crazy Ivan,

Sorry to bother; I was wondering if you would please consider making the Oberon SSK a playable?

It has 6 bow tubes (the stern tubes weren't used in the modern era), no TA and is diesel, so it would fit the Kilo interface very well.

If you could consider adding at least one boat each from UK, Australia, Canada (the only difference would be the weapons - UK Tigerfish, Aus Mk 48, etc. - and maybe the sonars), players can add more boats with DW Edit if they want to)

The boat would make for some great Cold War missions - and it'd be great to have a Western diesel in the game. (EDIT - sorry, I just read about the Sauro)

Thanks very much Crazy Ivan, for a great mod, as always!

Stew

Red_88
15-12-2018, 01:12
Hi,
I noticed that in game length of Towed Array of Akula subs differs from the USNI OWNSHIP data.

Akula I, in game: 332m USNI: 340m
Akula I imp., in game 332m, USNI: 340m
Akula II, in game: 342, USNI: 340m
Akula III, in game: 342, USNI 700m

which one is right?

CrazyIvan
15-12-2018, 10:49
Hi,
I noticed that in game length of Towed Array of Akula subs differs from the USNI OWNSHIP data.

Akula I, in game: 332m USNI: 340m
Akula I imp., in game 332m, USNI: 340m
Akula II, in game: 342, USNI: 340m
Akula III, in game: 342, USNI 700m

which one is right?

in game

Red_88
16-12-2018, 01:44
Ok thanks, I thought I missed something.

Red_88
21-12-2018, 02:01
I updated my DWX-Cheatsheet.

Small Corrections and data tables updated for DWX 1.46

seadog0514
02-01-2019, 03:33
happy 2019

Billy
02-01-2019, 19:43
I've always defend RA team from accusations RUS mod = RUS ships are OP.
It looks i was wrong - its sad for me.

Please to correct this informations in next patch.

Lol, I thought I was one of the few who held that opinion. Welcome to our camp.

Fearless
09-01-2019, 03:24
RA team, could you please advise what i need to change to correct this?

The correct armament Payload for the Collins Class sub is 22 (mix of Mk 48s and UGMs) in RA mod it is only 18.

Can this be corrected? Alternatively where in the object.eod file is it located so I can correct this myself?

On another note, v1.35 is running fine for me.

Hi all, I'm still trying to figure out how to change the Collins class weapons loadout from 18 to 22. It would be greatly appreciated if this could be done. It would be awesome if I could have the appropriate files updated and be able to download them.

Alternatively can you advise what .dll files need editing and how and what to change to make this happen as well as what numbers to change if it is Hex edit and what the replacement numbers are as I have no idea how to use Hex edit programs.

I would be greatly appreciated if this could be fixed now that I have v1.46

Fearless
11-01-2019, 02:56
Hi all, I'm still trying to figure out how to change the Collins class weapons loadout from 18 to 22. It would be greatly appreciated if this could be done. It would be awesome if I could have the appropriate files updated and be able to download them.

Alternatively can you advise what .dll files need editing and how and what to change to make this happen as well as what numbers to change if it is Hex edit and what the replacement numbers are as I have no idea how to use Hex edit programs.

I would be greatly appreciated if this could be fixed now that I have v1.46

Fixed.

Fearless
14-01-2019, 06:06
Hi CrazyIvan,

It would be great if you could fix the following in your next update for the Collins Class Submarine

1. Add a new Entity namely HMAS Rankin SSG-78 to the Collins Class Sub? This was the last Collins Class sub launched 07 November 2001 and commissioned on 29 March 2003.

2. Correct Collins class classification from SSK to SSG.

3. Correct the weapons loadout from 18 to 22 (as per info obtained)

Thank you in advance

CrazyIvan
27-01-2019, 00:31
Version 1.47 - Has Been Released.

pepe
27-01-2019, 01:43
Thank you for new version. RA 1.47 installed - now its time for checking what's new :D

seadog0514
27-01-2019, 16:14
what?147?what's new?

pepe
27-01-2019, 23:52
what?147?what's new?

Some info about "Reinforce Alert" (DWX 1_47 version).
1 - Some SURTASS has been fix.
2 - All Torpedoes: Behavior regarding biologic objects has been fix.
3 - All Torpedoes: Behavior regarding Mobile Decoys has been fix ( Recognition as false target by logic level possibility torpedoes ).
4 - Spearfish User and AI torpedoes: Fix bug with low speed in passive mode (Terminal phase).
5 - Frequency Profiles for Mobile Decoys has been reworked (Ability to determine the bait from the boat in the classification).
6 - Passive Sonar Model has been changed. Also, DEMON Station will work now only in the presence of a signal.*
7 - Broadband Sonars: improved sound visualization of platforms noise in backgroung.*
8 - Victor-II SSN User: 65-76 torpedo max.depth launch has been fix.*
9 - LandBased SAM and SSM Sites doctrine has been fix.
10 - Some AI Passive sensors rewrite for respecification.
11 - Lost sound file for 5 kts order for russian subs (english voices) - fix.*
12 - Radars mechanics has been reworked.The contrast of the mark on the display has been increased.*
13 - Kilo Interfaces: rotating indicators for the course of bearing of distance - were replaced by more readable.
14 - Improved Kilo: Passive sensors has been replaced (Improved Sensitivity).
15 - MG-74 Korund: Active Sonar, Detect range has been significantly reduced to 500-600 m.
16 - SSM Sizzlers (CLUB) missiles fix. (AI and User)
17 - SAM missiles For Controllable Ships and AI platform fix (Doctrine).
18 - SAM Missiles fix default bug, when missile never fly with max.speed *
19 - Ohio Campaign has been fix.
20 - Subbase Land Object added (large location).
21 - Arley Burke DDG 3-D model has been replaced.
22 - AI Towed CM: replaced 3-D model.
23 - Acoustic voice messages: transient reports are now dependent only on passive sonar.
Splash Buoy message, range reduced to 1 nmi.
24 - Fix bug, when the message about the transient process could come from the baffle area for passive sonar.
25 - Fix ranges, about undersea missile launch (transient process) message, depending type missile.
26 - Helo sonars: Active Dipping Sonar - sensitivity has been reduced.Sonic cue echo return has been increased.*
27 - User Helos: Dipping Sonar Station - small rework display control (NMI scale instead meters).
28 - Sirena Device: re-restored to database.
29 - Frequency profile 100 for the second line has been corrected to 105. (eliminates washout frequency on the hull sonars).
30 - Type 094 (Jin SSBN) AI platform added to China.

seadog0514
28-01-2019, 03:32
great ! lunar new year is near!

6 - Passive Sonar Model has been changed. Also, DEMON Station will work now only in the presence of a signal.*

this bug give me a lot headache before.

my last wish: make the torp/uuv-guiding-line brokable.

thanks for this great work.

pepe
28-01-2019, 18:06
I think it will be hard to add without major game stability impact. Game should to count every wiregiuded torpedo range from launch point which can broke big MP sessions.
Maybe this "feature" should be added only to DW_Veterans_Edition.exe?

seadog0514
30-01-2019, 17:09
I think it will be hard to add without major game stability impact. Game should to count every wiregiuded torpedo range from launch point which can broke big MP sessions.
Maybe this "feature" should be added only to DW_Veterans_Edition.exe?

the simple way: just put a speed limit while guiding a guiding-wire, for example, once exceed 20knts, the wire will be broken, just like TA-wire.

Shetland
08-02-2019, 04:35

https://youtu.be/7L8pKSfJc88

Lower left, 3min15sek - also 34 knots?

Billy
08-02-2019, 18:11
I have already read somewhere. Virginia SSN's dived speed is in excessive of 32kts. Currently, Virginia SSN's are an underdog, as modeled in the newest version of RA mod. It's slow, noisier (much more than Seawolf and Akula III), and weaker sensors. If Virginia (the future of the US navy) is so shitty, I wonder how you should position Severodvinsk class (the future of the Russian navy and way more advanced than any of the Akula class) if available? Are you trying to tell people that while the Russian navy has advanced into 21st century and beyond, the US is actually retreating back to Cold War technology?:80:

Jaf
09-02-2019, 00:22
Currently, Virginia SSN's are an underdog, as modeled in the newest version of RA mod. It's slow, noisier (much more than Seawolf and Akula III), and weaker sensors.

Yes, the US is actually retreating back to Cold War technology :)
(Sometimes it's better to chew than talk)

MR.Wood
09-02-2019, 02:17
There was a report in the early 2000s that Seawolf was quieter than a 668 boat idling at a pier at 20 knots That was from a the US Navy commander just saying love your work guys:bud:

From FAS.org
It is said that SEAWOLF is quieter at its tactical speed of 25 knots than a LOS ANGELES-class submarine at pier side

Johnny
10-02-2019, 12:22
Bug Report (RA 1.47):
Tourville DDG 3DModel has all the Animated Parts incorrectly configured, none of them works.
I fixed mine by copying from original DW database.

pepe
10-02-2019, 15:52
https://youtu.be/rAUUB2CfkWs

Abukuma animation bug was in earlier RA version (i think 1.41?).
Tourville probably since RA 1.47

Johnny
10-02-2019, 18:45
As to the Abukuma, I just removed the RADAR animation from the Animated Parts list and it's now static, so no more orbiting radar :)

Johnny
10-02-2019, 20:36
Just checked, Abukuma animation bug is also present on stock DW!

GROHOT
11-02-2019, 20:54
Version 1.47 - Has Been Released.

Dear Ivan check your PM

GROHOT
15-02-2019, 10:25
Some russian guys build new platform...

Sierra I work in progress...

Johnny
20-02-2019, 02:50
Bug Report 1.47:
QMPlatforms.edq has a reference to a class ID:37404 which obviously does not exist.
Better to remove this record to prevent random CTD on QMission MH60 ASW - DATUM Search.

Billy
15-03-2019, 19:08
Can we fix the VLS launch animation on American ships? On the original game, you can see the missiles rise out of the vls and then turn to engage. Now, all you see is a buff of smoke.

Johnny
12-04-2019, 16:58
Type 21 FFG (GB) model has no textures and no animated parts, not even the screws.

Johnny
20-04-2019, 14:27
There's something that the R.A. developers did to DangerousWaters.exe in release 1.47 that increases sound volume for engine hum and 3D views, and that causes a nasty bug of much sound flickering through out the game!

kyte
23-04-2019, 21:31
Type 21 FFG (GB) model has no textures and no animated parts, not even the screws.

Johnny, hello! Can you check another one bug? Mod RA 1.47. Please take "Suffren" and try to start ASURA missile in one salvo. I think that something wrong in doctrines. Many missiles crashes, but launch conditions is correct and weapon malfunction option is OFF...

pepe
23-04-2019, 22:49
@kyte i will make tests + videos

Give me 15-30 minutes

ASURA behavior is strange - no matter mode (high or low trajectory):
1. after launch missile goes almost verticaly up
2. after few seconds missile goes almost verticaly down (and sometimes hits water)
3. travel in low trajectory havent stable altitude - sometimes missile hits water
4. sometimes missile hits target below line of water

First video is with weapon malfunction OFF but I thought vas ON - so text in game is NOT correct
https://youtu.be/8WLlz7C9Nas

Second test:
https://youtu.be/0sPY50yHOoo

Third test:
https://youtu.be/WjKaBBDfMQc

Before recording (test zero) both missiles in low trajectory mode hit water in half way to target. I havent this video because not all settings were correct (destruction range was not enough for hitting target)

kyte
24-04-2019, 02:36
@kyte i will make tests + videos

ASURA behavior is strange - no matter mode (high or low trajectory):

Well, Pepe, great thanks for you - I think I'm madman... Before RA 1.47 ASURA was ultimate weapon

pepe
24-04-2019, 02:50
I think bug appeared because for more realistic torpedo vs korund behavior, all weapon doctrines in RA were changed.

Don't be mad - DW engine is far from perfection: if you fix one bug, 5 more appears :(

BTW Suffren still have very good torpedoes and sensors.

Johnny
24-04-2019, 10:49
Thanks for your videos pepe.
Has anyone else noticed in the first video that every time a fired unit shuts down there's a message saying the periscope #2 is flooded?
I bet that also happens when a torp shuts down or runs out of fuel!

pepe
24-04-2019, 17:30
LOL i didn't notice that :)

kyte
24-04-2019, 22:35
Thanks for your videos pepe.
Has anyone else noticed in the first video that every time a fired unit shuts down there's a message saying the periscope #2 is flooded?
I bet that also happens when a torp shuts down or runs out of fuel!

Yes, exactly! I've got the same message.

GROHOT
13-05-2019, 08:41
LOL i didn't notice that :)

I see your message about patch 1.48 with Juliet...
What hear about that? Or, maybe, need send this question to Jaf and Crazy Ivan?

pepe
13-05-2019, 22:07
You should ask this question there, where you read this information. Btw it was OLD list of features.

GROHOT
14-05-2019, 09:10
You should ask this question there, where you read this information. Btw it was OLD list of features. I read this 19.04.2019

GROHOT
14-05-2019, 09:34
You should ask this question there, where you read this information. Btw it was OLD list of features.

Can you posted NEW list features?

pepe
14-05-2019, 10:07
ok sorry because I thought you have read discussion on DWLD discord channel :)

I had only old one and some features probably were changed. New RA version should be realeased in 1 week or little more - be patience :)

GROHOT
14-05-2019, 10:37
ok sorry because I thought you have read discussion on DWLD discord channel :)

I had only old one and some features probably were changed. New RA version should be realeased in 1 week or little more - be patience :)

Thanks for answer!
If I want to use new version RA me need new instaled DW and patching that for 1.04, after that install RA 1.48?

pepe
14-05-2019, 11:19
yes

CrazyIvan
20-05-2019, 17:43
an interesting observation, not sure if it's a bug.
The mission I used "invade motherland" of SC missions. I get TIW and sonar buoy warnings from 2 Nimrod aircraft 36nmi away. Sub launched and surface ship launched torpedoes are ok. You can't only hear TIW within a certain range.

I am v1.45. I thought this bug has been fixed in 1.45? So do I still need this patch if I have 1.45?

This bug has been removed for version 1.48.

CrazyIvan
20-05-2019, 17:46
$$$$$$$$
Some info about "Reinforce Alert" (DWX 1_48 version).
1 - User Sub: Portable SAM launchers has been fix. (became independent of radar impulse on target platform.)*
2 - User Subrocs missile has been fix.(bug with incorect preset modes for torpedoes)
3 - Russian Sierra's SSN Class added.*
4 - Messages about reached maximal depths has been fix for driveable SUB platforms.*
5 - Mission Editor: Remove bug with uncorrect message about set floating platform an water as an land.*
6 - UMM-44 & SS-N-15 Nuke: Warhead was reconfigured to charge 5 kT, which corresponds to a lethal area of 1.5 km for medium subs.
8 - All playable Victor's SSN class has been reconfigured. Kilo shipcontrol station has been removed.
9 - Sauro-3 & Sauro-4: Fix bug with lack MF sonar sound for Broadband station.*
10 - Mission Editor: option EMCON allowed for all platform classes.*
11 - The "WeapMalfunction" option is now set to OFF by default.*
12 - KA-27, NFH-90: Fix speed order bug from browser window order.*
13 - IDAS User missile: Guided option added.
14 - Dipping Sonar bug removed - when the sensor stops working if the option to allow the wind is ON.
15 - Juliett SSG Playable added.
16 - Playable Kilos: Target Display Graphics has been reworked (improved background and lettering contrast).
17 - The default bug is removed when the link contact from sonobuoy comes through civil aviation or any air platform without a sonobuoy of the processor.*
18 - AI Oscar-II Mod SSAN (Belgorod) added to Russia.
19 - AI Type 209/1400 SS added to Egypt.
20 - Option "Boomer Tracking" added. (Description in USNI. Section *** DWX ver 1.48 INFO ***)
21 - Controllable ships: fixed loss of communication with sonobuy when working ship radar.*
22 - Fix default bug when "Torpedo In The Water" comes to all controllable platforms from sonobuoy.*
23 - Electronic Countermeasures effectiveness for EW air platform has been reduced.
24 - Laser Finger Stations: fix depths and speed of damages.*
25 - SSM User missile: fix unstable behavior.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GROHOT
20-05-2019, 19:28
Happy hear that, Ivan!
Belgorod have Kanyeon?

CrazyIvan
20-05-2019, 20:33
Happy hear that, Ivan!
Belgorod have Kanyeon?

Yes.
But this AI unit (as a mega torpedo). :D

pepe
20-05-2019, 20:40
Interesting - now you should work on tsunami effect after explosion :P

GROHOT
20-05-2019, 22:00
Yes.
But this AI unit (as a mega torpedo). :D

I mean that.
Sierra for AI or for player?

kyte
20-05-2019, 22:02
This is very good news, Ivan! Thanks from me to you and your team!

Small question: sub Sierra will be playable?