Просмотр полной версии : -ReinForce Alert - worldwide discussion

Страницы : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

CrazyIvan
26-11-2008, 10:46
Here begins feedback concerning the contents of addition -Reinforce Alert-

For our forbidden colleagues...

================================================== ========
1.51 Version Patched 18.03.2022:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Fu9EXMAfVBeM0W-20aHa8Y8y8jqxdpif/view?usp=sharing
Russian Voices Mod For DWX 1.50
Updated 03.18.2021 - :https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LGW8zfg4wpZwnA

Briefings For DWX SubCommand Campaigns ver 1.50:
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/CuWARPUPBXe6kQ

01.10.2012. Updated For SubCommand (for SCX2C Modification)
12.06.2017. Updated #2 for 688 Hunter/Killer english ver. 1.05-1.07:
16.05.2021. Updated #2 for DWX 1.50: - irrelevant.

================================================

Werewolf
03-12-2008, 12:50
Privet! :)

Just want to say that this is the best mod. ever! :D That's the only feed back that I have so far.

Hitman_SN
03-12-2008, 21:15
WOW finally!!!

Being able to register here has been a nightmare :132:

I had to create three different accounts before I got the email and could activate it ....

Never mind.

I have currently the May 2008 release and a later fix patch. What is the current latest version?

I take part in a private community were we play twice a week with DW, and we would be interested in playing with RA mod and feedback. But first we need to know what is the latest version.

Thanks

suBB
04-12-2008, 08:24
hey,

1st off i just want to thank the RA team for such an excellent mod and I appreciate the work and level of detail included in this mod. thank you!!!

The main thing i like about the mod is how it compliments the western platforms and the tech and performance trends over platforms. That means a great deal!! This mod just opens up new awesome possibilities in mission design on an MP level, especially when MP in-game dynamics comes into play.

i currently have the version that includes the tyhpoon hull; my understanding is, it is a beta of a to-be-expected new version release in the future.

I'd like to start moving forward in planning and design of dynamic MP missions, but I've a few questions 1st..

1.. is RA beta stable enough to start mission design??? Or do I need to wait until next version of RA??? If I have to wait, when you think next release of RA will be?? you can PM me if necessary. But, I do not want to start mission design and testing, then have to change it because of differences in beta and next version release. A mission I have in mind includes the tech advanced akula II with digital sonar gear.

2.. AI effectiveness? How effective is AI in RA?? I can code AI to be smart and effective, but I can’t control the doctrines executed when attacking, etc…

3.. are you going to include launch transients detectable on BB in RA?? As far as i know, in beta the launching of missiles are not detectable, yet such an event generates a great deal of noise for a very short while, and (I feel) should be detectable in BB.

Thanks again for RA!!!!

:D

CrazyIvan
04-12-2008, 12:14
Hi guys!

The latest version of addition - on mine PC.

May 2008 is a very old version.

I think that the doctrines are ready on 98 %. There can be a feedback will give hints that it is necessary to change.

SuBB, concerning transient of process - if we shall do it for the message TIW, we break work CIWS for the player by the controlled ship, against such rockets.

Where here true?

suBB
04-12-2008, 16:55
Hi guys!

The latest version of addition - on mine PC.

May 2008 is a very old version.

I think that the doctrines are ready on 98 %. There can be a feedback will give hints that it is necessary to change.

SuBB, concerning transient of process - if we shall do it for the message TIW, we break work CIWS for the player by the controlled ship, against such rockets.

Where here true?

Hey Ivan,

well, the idea of detectable transients were part of a feature of another mod called LWAMI for DW. I'm sorry, i need to be clear, what i meant to say is detectable launch transients of missiles fired by submarines only!!!

And truthfully I don't know if they should be detectable or not, but it kind of makes sense. I could only imagine that the process of firing a submarine launched rocket isn't quiet by any means, yet loud enough to show up on BB for a brief moment.

So, the idea really came from another mod, but i appreciate anything from the mod that makes sense and enhances realism.

:D

goldorak
04-12-2008, 17:00
Hi,

and thanks for making available a forum where we can discuss this stunning mod. Thank you very much. :)

CrazyIvan is correct, if you make it so it is possibile to receive TIW from transients, the cwis becomes totally useless against tsam missiles.
This is a bug of the game engine.
It is present in lwami, but not in AT (where you don't get TIW from transients).
I think that for gameplay purposes this is a case where we should do with no TIW from transients. Otherwise players on the frigate (and not everyone plays the subs) will be sitting ducks in every mission.

Hitman_SN
04-12-2008, 18:31
привет!

Thanks for repying about the current version. I'm looking forward to the next one :D

Meanwhile, I want to make some comments about the interfaces:

The Oscar II is one of my favourite units, but in RA it is based in the Akula, having 8 tubes for normal load (That's correct) but only 6 for the SSN-19 :168:

In Alfa Tau 3, the base unit used is the 688, and that allows the Oscar to have 4 torpedo tubes only, but 12 VLS for the SSN-19 :D

The problem with the option taken by RA is that 8 SSN-19 are clearly not enought to penetrate an american task force and reach a carrier :132: if there are AEGIS units present. (Sometimes not even in AT3!!)

There are two possible solutions you can consider:

1) Using the 688 as base, and giving the Oscar the 12 VLS tubes. I think that is a good solution because the torpedo tubes of the Oscar are mainly defensive, so a big firepower is not needed.

2) Modifying the SSN-19 penetration capacity, so that those 8 missiles have the same chances of getting through that 24 of the real ones. This last option would also be interesting because in multiplayer with AT3 we have suffered heavy lag if someone plays as the Oscar and puts suddenly the 12 SS-N 19 missiles in the air together.

One more thing concerning the interfaces:

Would it be possible to equip the Kilo weapons panel (6 tubes) in teh Victor 3, like the Alfa already has got?

спасибо!!!

CrazyIvan
04-12-2008, 22:00
Hi,

and thanks for making available a forum where we can discuss this stunning mod. Thank you very much. :)

CrazyIvan is correct, if you make it so it is possibile to receive TIW from transients, the cwis becomes totally useless against tsam missiles.
This is a bug of the game engine.
It is present in lwami, but not in AT (where you don't get TIW from transients).
I think that for gameplay purposes this is a case where we should do with no TIW from transients. Otherwise players on the frigate (and not everyone plays the subs) will be sitting ducks in every mission.

TIW for transient is left only for UGM TLAMs.

ASM of a missile have level SL 90 points, and CAN be traced on BB Sonar.

CrazyIvan
04-12-2008, 22:28
Efficiency SS-N-19 very high -

1. The rocket distinguishes an aircraft carrier in group,
2. Has Countermeasures,
3. Can make maneuverability of evasion on height,
4. Distinguishes Countermeaured from Target-Victim
5. Besides - you can start at once 14 rockets per salvo (8 internal and 6 outside silos)

Restart also possible - after reloads.
The interface 688 will not give such opportunity.

Rather Victor-III. The weapon Stations kilos have one large lack - weapon is limited on depth of start. The torpedos cannot be started below 240 meters (or about it).
Probably that it is hardcoded we no can it remove.

Certainly to alter interfaces it is possible.
However - all have pluss and minuses.

Hitman_SN
05-12-2008, 00:31
Ahhh I see.

Yes I had noticed that the SSN-19s had a better penetration. In the test mission included against a small british task force they really blow everything up, but in a mission against a standard american carrier TF I created not always a missile reached the carrier. Never mind, probably this was intended to be done by TWO or more oscar submarines operating together.

Thanks again, I see you have studied it all very, very well.

suBB
05-12-2008, 06:43
hey guys,

amazing stuff I'm reading!!! WOW this mod pwnz!!!

thanks everyone for the interesting questions and quick answers...

I haven’t done ballistics testing yet, except for a manual TMA and a few 200KT depth charges!! :80: But after catching up on the posts I’m sure looking forward to it.

Comments:

I’m starting to appreciate the variety of ordinance to choose from. That really adds flexibility to platforms and variety of tactics and strategy to employ. I’ve always like this about the akula class sub, but when you combine the technological advancements over time (victor III -> akula II improved) it really gives you something to think about. RA seems historically sound, and I can see that in the capability each platform offers.

Flying the bear is like riding on a cloud!! :pilot the ambient sound of the propeller is captivating. was that a custom .wav?? The crew voices in native tongue really seems like you are there on the platform. what makes me say that is the 'radio chatter' sounds just like it, and not just some clear voice. I think audios make a huge difference between a sim where you just click buttons, and a sim where it seems like its real.

And yes.. Oscar is becoming a favorite esp with those 200KT depth charges!!! That sub is capable of everything you could ask for. Stuff like that really makes you appreciate accurate manual TMA on a single array.

questions:

link promotion –

can/will AI promote links to human players from comms depth? In lwami (possibly, core DW files) AI subs for example had to be at 'comms depth' to TX / RX link. Using mission editor I can make triggers to have AI subs randomly check for comms, or if contact is made, to go silent, come to comms and promote link to listening allies.

Variation of class –

Other than strike capability, are there any difference between the 688 FLT-I vs 688 FLT-III?

Physics –

this may be impossible to do, but can you revert back to the physics model in 1.03 with current patch?? I think physics in 1.03 was more real world than it was for 1.04, where you had to compensate for / avoid overshoot across dimensional axis; platforms can’t turn on a dime!!! Overshoot compensation was a gripe for some since they didn't have to worry about that in subcommand, but I think it is more along the lines of realism.

SSP –

in RA, does SSP actually work or is it limited to the capability of DW??? I know the SSP is subject to bottom type. But for example in a surface duct I should be able to experience reduced detection ranges below the sonic layer than above it. Some cases an active torpedo can be evaded by just changing the layer when you will hear pings while above the layer, but stop hearing pings soon as you dive below it(as long as you were not acquired while changing layers) In bottom limited SSP, my understanding is the deeper I dive, more challenging it is to be detected, etc..

Sonar Model –

what I mean by sonar model is the ability to detect other platforms. So I must ask, is the sonar model in version with typhoon considered ‘finished and working’ or ‘still work in progress’ ?? Reason why I ask is SSP is something I need to test for playability in MP missions and SSP type is one of a few contributing factors to MP in-game dynamics. But if the sonar model is still work in progress, I’ll hold on testing until next version release.

I want to say the sonar model and detection in RA seems more realistic than anything I’ve ever seen, where sea going platforms(mainly I tested subs at 1st), regardless the class, can literally make like a hole in the water against highly sensitive sonar equipment. Results are from a test of a transiting alfa over varying speeds vs TB-29 and manual detection.

sorry for all the questions :D

many thanks!!!

CrazyIvan
05-12-2008, 07:33
For the player, the reception is possible only on sliding devices - extended mast or wire.
( For SSBN is significant the depth of reception of a signal) - you is increased can receive the message on depth about 280-300 meters with the deploying wire.

AI units can receive contact promoted by the player on any depth Ctrl+Shift+P (it too standard mistake of the engine).

There is also one serious mistake concerning given received on communication(connection) - AI a submarine ceases to cope by the doctrine. The high priority from the engine work of the command.
( You can read it in heading of the doctrine /SubAtkSurf.txt/:
The doctrine works correctly only for the target detected directly AI submarine.
For the HOSTILE target the data about which are received on Link 11 (At PD) or promote link function
AI Sub will to drive by the engine of a DW - ignoring this doctrine.
This evoke cavitation AI Sub - stupid AI captain...

I think that sound model already final.

688 projects are established gauges from other sensitivity, the submarine is little bit louder than 688I.
In coming updating - are removed HF underice sonar.

SSP and physics have remained as before.

suBB
05-12-2008, 09:44
hey,

something else:

custom audios -

can you have three separate custom audios for active pings, for example:

one audio for all eastern torpedoes ???

a different audio for all western torpedoes ???

a 3rd audio as standard for active sonobuoys ???

i have a custom audio for fx_torpping, but it is the same audio for everything else :168:

CrazyIvan
05-12-2008, 12:13
probably - Is not replacementable.

Check the table of frequencies - will know who it calls on you.

CrazyIvan
06-12-2008, 16:13
Rather Mast detects:

The detection of masts by a visual sensor control is it should be identical to all Subs?

For example, what difference between a mast Oscar and mast Kilo if they leave over water on 30-40 of centimeters.

I think a distance detect of masts should be identical - general visual levels of a SUB we shall not take in account.

goldorak
06-12-2008, 19:23
Rather Mast detects:

The detection of masts by a visual sensor control is it should be identical to all Subs?

For example, what difference between a mast Oscar and mast Kilo if they leave over water on 30-40 of centimeters.

I think a distance detect of masts should be identical - general visual levels of a SUB we shall not take in account.

It would be fantastic if the detection of a mast depended on its geometry and how high it is above the water. But I don't hink the game engine allow this so the next best thing is that the masts are detected by visual in identical fashion for all subs. :32:

CrazyIvan
07-12-2008, 09:44
Well, I have established it.

The found out Masts on a navigating map will be marked as Unknown contact.
The prefix of contact "Z".
String an DDI Data:
Source: Visual-Mast Search
The lack - sound message does not come yet with reception of such contact.

I am complicated concerning distance of detection of a mast - in what limits it should be?

Also rather SM-2 missile O.H.Perry - we needed replacement it on SM-1?

Hitman_SN
07-12-2008, 13:07
Visual detection of masts is something that should happen only when very close. Obviously, bad weather (visibility, high waves) should make it even more difficult. In the real world it is Radar what will get the raised mast first. Any chance that radar in RA will be able to do that?

Now, a platform request: Could you introduce the Sturgeon class submarine, based in the 688? I like very much the contents that RA adds for the cold war, I always loved the Victor III and Delta is excellent, but to have more balanced games we would probably need a Sturgeon rather than the 688.

Finally another request, concerning the way the RA mod is presented: Would it be possible to have it installated with JGSME, like Alfa Tau and LWAMI? It is not just a matter of commodity for the player, but also a good way to save a corrupted install if you are experimenting or trying to change some things. That would make life much easier for all who want to contribute to RA testing and adding contents :32:

Hitman_SN
07-12-2008, 13:10
Here is some information for you about visually sighting the masts/periscopes:

III. USE OF PERISCOPE.

"Periscope showing 1.5 to 2 meters can not be seen more than 4,000 meters, provided a suitable speed is maintained and the favorable side for attack chosen."

"With binoculars it has not been possible to distinguish the periscope even at 2,000 meters."

This information comes from an american intelligence publication of WW1, which was quoting a german source.

CrazyIvan
07-12-2008, 13:21
And on what distance the radar can pick up a mast?

Certainly radar can not find out a mast (in DW a mast this virtual device - but not real OBJECT).

But we can emulate detection by a radar lifted mast.

CrazyIvan
09-12-2008, 06:48
SSN 637 "Sturgeon" - put into update.

Hitman_SN
09-12-2008, 19:32
Oh GREAT! Cold war scenarios will look better than ever!!!

kpv1974
09-12-2008, 22:32
The Play comes short good companies. :(

dyshman
10-12-2008, 02:34
its really cool! sturgeon and new sonar on geprard will be good addition for gameplay))))
i heard about mast-problem and how you added new sturgeon? is it replace something 'old'?

CrazyIvan
10-12-2008, 13:21
Akula-II improved (Gepard) with advanced digital sonar gear - completed and finally set into add-on.

Respect for Mr. -Jaf-!

CrazyIvan
10-12-2008, 20:56
Oh GREAT! Cold war scenarios will look better than ever!!!

Subrocs with UUM-44 is submitted in loadout.

Good entertainment!

kpv1974
10-12-2008, 22:02
Subrocs with UUM-44 is submitted in loadout.

Good entertainment!

Super!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

goldorak
11-12-2008, 00:18
Hi,

I was testing the latest beta, the one with the playable typhoons and I noticed that the Trafalgar and Trenchant subs don't carry uuvs.
Is this correct or did you forget to put them in ? :52:

goldorak
11-12-2008, 00:27
Sorry double post.

CrazyIvan
11-12-2008, 06:14
We can not add UUV.

Check up the interface "trafalgar" in SCX-IIC SCU - UUV was not added.

Only the replacement of the mine SLMM on UUV is possible.

You are ready to remove the SLMM and put UUV Instead of it?

goldorak
11-12-2008, 07:51
We can not add UUV.

Check up the interface "trafalgar" in SCX-IIC SCU - UUV was not added.

Only the replacement of the mine SLMM on UUV is possible.

You are ready to remove the SLMM and put UUV Instead of it?

Oh its a pity we can't have both :(
Uhm, not having an uuv is a pretty big tactical disadvantage, but on the other hand the inclusion of SLMM gives the Trafalgar the possibility of doing more "varied" missions. So I vote to keep the SLMM mines.

One thing about the SLMM, you can't launch them from the fire control station of the Trafalgar/Trenchant because the waypoint doesn't work.
You can only launch them from the contextual menu from the navmap. Can this bug be fixed ? :192:

Last thing, the weapon inventory onboard the Trafalgar/Trenchant states that they carry 16-17 surface to air missiles (to shoot down helicopters, asw planes, etc...) but if you go in the sail bridge station while on the surface you'll notice that you can only fire one sam. Thats it, even though the inventory correctly indicates that 16 more sams are available you can't launch them. This is a bug (I think) so can it be fixed ? :)

CrazyIvan
11-12-2008, 11:44
Waypoints for SLMM - fixed.

SAM - i still solve a problem.

NOTE:

SAM An "TRAFALGAR" - has returned in a normal condition.

now, 17 units present an sailbridge.

suBB
11-12-2008, 14:11
Akula-II improved (Gepard) with advanced digital sonar gear - completed and finally set into add-on.

Respect for Mr. -Jaf-!

oh my goodness, can't wait for this one :32:

goldorak
11-12-2008, 19:35
Waypoints for SLMM - fixed.

SAM - i still solve a problem.

NOTE:

SAM An "TRAFALGAR" - has returned in a normal condition.

now, 17 units present an sailbridge.

Thanks for fixing the bugs. :)

goldorak
12-12-2008, 22:07
I have another question :D ,

How do you change the color of the sonar station on the trafalgar ?
Right now it uses the same default color as that of the seawolf (orange).
I would like to use the color blue, the same used on the sonar station of the virginia. Is there a way to do this in a simple way ? :192:

Hitman_SN
13-12-2008, 00:48
@goldorak:

I think that you can do this:

1) Back up the Seawolf interface folder (called SSN21) in "Dangerous Waters/Interfaces"

2) Copy the contents of the folder "SSN774" to the "SSN21" folder EXCEPT all the weaponloadout files:

wpnloadout688.ndx
wpnloadoutSSN21.ndx
wpnloadout.dll
wpnloadout688.grp
wpnloadoutSSN21.grp

FCCM.ndx
FCINV.ndx
FCP.ndx
FCTD.ndx

FCCM.dll
FCINV.dll
FCP.dll
FCTD.dll

FCCM.grp
FCINV.grp
FCP.grp
FCTD.grp

I think that this should give you the Virgina Interface

CrazyIvan
13-12-2008, 00:50
The update has established it:

Trafalgar - orange color,

Trenchant - blue color.

Now simply copy in trafalgar folder three files (from SSN774):

SonarBB.DLL
SonarNB.DLL
SonarDemon. DLL

goldorak
13-12-2008, 10:41
The update has established it:

Trafalgar - orange color,

Trenchant - blue color.

Now simply copy in trafalgar folder three files (from SSN774):

SonarBB.DLL
SonarNB.DLL
SonarDemon. DLL

:42: silly me, I hadn't noticed the Trenchant had the blue interface.
All is good now, I modified the Trafalgar with the blue interface and it is much more pleasing to the eye.
Blue is also less stressing than orange or bright green or even red at least for me.

goldorak
13-12-2008, 14:22
I was playing with the typhoon and I noticed that in the fire control station, when you go to set the different presets for the torpedos, the RTE (run to enable) field is expressed in Nmi. Shouldn't it be expressed in yards ?

suBB
13-12-2008, 23:58
Subject: Dynamic MP

Hey,

At this point I’m going to wait until next version release before I start actually building mission scenarios, but right now I can go ahead and start planning / layout.

But 1st I would like to chat about the concept of dynamic MP and what you think about ways it could possibly be enhanced.

Then…

Shortly before DW came out I’ve often had a growing irritation with DM gameplay and most mission based scenarios in DW. The problem is the level of predictably; damn near on the high end most of the time. Especially after playing the same mission map at least three times, and could pretty much know where the opposing platform is or the general approach from a target platform. Even worse, transiting a short while (or distance) and detecting the exact same platform most of the time. Under such playing conditions, there really wasn’t any requirement of thought anymore behind the experience. For me, DW became mechanical and I then grew bored with it altogether.

I pondered a way to counter the irritation and make the experience much more worth the while, yet always offer something new to look forward to each time the scenario is played. Long story short, I realized that the more predictability can be reduced – the more dynamic the scenario can be – and the level of predictability can be reduced through editing. All of a sudden.. volia …the concept of dynamic MP.

Now…

The concept of dynamic MP was made to give freedom of thought and movement in the scenario, but at the cost of your own actions and choices you make (collectively in some cases), while in the same time, ensure playability of the scenario within a reasonable time. I have a criteria I currently use and we can get into details if you like. I really would like to see more dynamic MP scenarios from others as well.

Since April / 2006, I’ve pondered and tested this concept and the results are conclusive; dynamic MP is a reality and it can be done. There are working examples of this concept as playable MP scenarios I’ve released, in fact the only MP scenarios I’ve released. The most recent release = most refined concept.

From experience, tons of testing and actual MP performance, I can tell you quite a few factors that can generate and maintain dynamic MP, but the main ingredients are the human element and predictability suppression. Predictability cannot be 100% removed, but it can be suppressed in such a way that each time the same scenario is played, in the same platform, you will be relying mainly on your best judgment and core experience to carry out your mission, while contending with the factor of ‘the unknown’ and your best means of staying abreast of your current situation.

But, I must warn you, such a scenario does not appeal to neither DM style gameplay, nor the one who seeks ‘guaranteed positive results’ all the time in a scenario. Under these conditions, anything can happen at anytime that can sway your chances of success and successful outcome of ownside is subject to planning and strategy and how well / poor the opposing sides’ efforts are countered

Since not everyone will appreciate such a scenario, by default, like any other scenario, you will always have an audience that will.

So, please, think for a moment… what do you think that can be done to reduce predictability in a MP scenario???

Have some AARs of dynamic MP if interested.. just need to find them..

thx

CrazyIvan
14-12-2008, 14:55
Variable platform issued in mission, random start position, any triggers of different events (random time triggered).

Actually you should have dynamic groups - and their random inclusion will give effect of unpredictability.

CrazyIvan
14-12-2008, 15:11
I was playing with the typhoon and I noticed that in the fire control station, when you go to set the different presets for the torpedos, the RTE (run to enable) field is expressed in Nmi. Shouldn't it be expressed in yards ?

NMI is is written down for ASW of misile - and it only label.

The torpedos use yards, and ASW of missile - NMI.

The base interface from 688 - therefore metric presets same as there - in yards instead of meters.

Rather ASW of a missile - distance in NMI, though for this purpose the interface writes - NMI.

For ASW of missiles, by any boats distance for ASW in miles instead of yards (kilos, akulas) - all ASW missile in NMI.

goldorak
17-12-2008, 22:19
Hi CrazyIvan,

I have a general question, not specifically about DWX mod but about mods in general, is it possibile to give diesel electric subs (kilo, lada, etc...) maybe a towed array and a waa ? In real life, sub such as the french equiavlent of the type 212 and even the type 212 have towed arrays and waa. If it were possibile, then these subs in the game should use the interfaces of the seawolf correct ?
Is there a way to use the kilo interface and still give diesel electric subs a towed array and waa ?

Alex_SN
18-12-2008, 02:20
Hi all

Im very glad to enter finally this forum after many attempts, thanks to the sysop for his patience ;)

Im a member of Simulacionnaval.com (SN) and we are very interested in the development of this mod, we are a community that keeps on playing multiplayer dw, it would be very interesting to play one day all together for fun and testing. We wait for news of the last version of the mod

Приветствие с Испании во всех русских товарищей

Alex

suBB
18-12-2008, 09:19
Variable platform issued in mission, random start position, any triggers of different events (random time triggered).

Actually you should have dynamic groups - and their random inclusion will give effect of unpredictability.

Hey CrazyIvan,

Sorry for late response, I needed to gather my thoughts 1st

Variable platforms:

I agree with you, but the thing about variable platforms, is, I think in a mission MP scenario, platforms should be assigned to commanders(players) to carry out a mission. I would imagine that is how it would be in a realistic situation. The commander is assigned to a pre-selected asset by higher ranking officials, both which are expendable should the mission fail. The only choice then, for the commander to make is if he / she accepts the mission or not. Even still, I think fixed platform assignment does contribute to randomness because not everyone handles the same platform the same way and everybody has different levels of core experience.

Here is a list of some other things I think can reduce predictability in a MP mission scenario. All of these can be done using the editor. You’ll need a ‘reasonable’ window of time the scenario can last. I currently make scenarios that can run up to 4.5 hours as mission objective MP scenarios.

A.. Core experience

Varying levels of player experience is definitely a contributing factor to randomness. People will control and operate their platform different from anyone else. I think RA will increase randomness that much more since we have new playables to learn and operate.

B.. Random time triggering(like you mentioned)

This can be used to generate random intelligence within the time window of the scenario. The time intelligence could be generated will be 0 – 4.5 hours, where 0 means you may never even get an intelligence update at all, yet and still, the player(s) still need to rely on core experience to carry on. In a mission scenario, a lot can happen(if it does) in less than 4.5 hours that can sway the tide of the session at any given moment in any direction.

C.. Random quality of intelligence

I’m testing this concept but what I have in mind is random location of a hard target or object, which would generate random quality of intelligence received. For example, you may receive intelligence to deploy missiles to a target or coordinates to pick up personnel, but the validity of the intelligence(actual location of objects) can create a dynamic environment under those conditions for opposing sides. Still I need to test this concept, but it has potential.

D.. Random spawn box for platforms

Definitely this is a requirement but subject to the scenario design. For mission I have in mind, RSB also needs to be outside detection ranges of opposing platforms, yet the scenario design needs to allow for transiting of at least one platform, the possibility of detection to occur, where opposing sides have a base chance of 50% of detecting each other. Base chance detection can be done, just need to be optimized for MP.

E.. Random departure / arrival times

To me it is not realistic to spawn aircraft out of mid air and have it searching the area immediately. So for that reason playable aircraft will depart from airbases inland. Using dynamic group can allow us to randomly place airbase and platforms anywhere we want, and when we randomize the departure, we then randomize the arrival times also. Plus, core experience of pilot will contribute to even more randomness. Even if using AI aircraft and waypoint assignment tied to random search, using (F+B) does equate to (E).

F.. Dynamic groups

To me it’s not realistic to spawn platforms or items (buoys, mines, etc ) out of thin air. So spawning platforms are combination of (D+E) and items like buoys and mines are subject to (E) depending on control of playables.

Another reason for dynamic groups is random spawn of playables in formation. You can’t randomly spawn playables in formation using RSB, so they have to be assigned to dynamic group and it will work. Example is a FFG with helos deployed and transiting while in formation. Since we can’t have human pilots deploy from human FFG in MP, we will have to spawn the helo along with the surface playable, using dynamic group allows us to do it randomly in location while units are in formation.

G.. Mission status left out

This prevents players from plotting around incomplete goals listed in mission status. Since mission status will be left out, players will have to rely on core experience and attention to detail to carry out mission tasking. This can be done by leaving the fields blank on the playable platforms. To announce mission outcome I use custom audios as global indication of mission result to both sides.

H.. Random accidents / damage systems

I learned this lesson from OKO where you can use triggering to simulate brief equipment failure or unexpected events on your platform that would need to be accommodated for, like reactor powerplant failure on a submarine and the consequences if negligence comes into play. Having to accommodate for immediate needs can contribute to a immediate change of direction of the session at any moment.

For now that’s all I can think of for the moment… off to a good start!!.. ;)

CrazyIvan
18-12-2008, 17:43
Hi CrazyIvan,

I have a general question, not specifically about DWX mod but about mods in general, is it possibile to give diesel electric subs (kilo, lada, etc...) maybe a towed array and a waa ? In real life, sub such as the french equiavlent of the type 212 and even the type 212 have towed arrays and waa. If it were possibile, then these subs in the game should use the interfaces of the seawolf correct ?
Is there a way to use the kilo interface and still give diesel electric subs a towed array and waa ?

Probably it is incompatible - diesel boat and towed array.

Getting TA, we shall lose diesel motors.:(

CrazyIvan
25-12-2008, 18:11
Victor-III "SS-N-22 Sunburn" was removed from an internal tubes.
Now is displaced to the external container and is present only in quantity of one missile.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Мк-48 ADCAP: the algorithm of scanning sectors, will be reconsidered in a near future.

MR.Wood
26-12-2008, 07:02
Is there a way you can put a pair of nuclear torpedoes on russian subs. Also have you guys thought about adding the Project 877V diesel-electric submarine with a pump jet propulsion. Alrosa http://www.alrosa.net/photos/_1995_02.htm http://www.alrosa.net/photos/_2005_12_10_05.htm http://www.alrosa.net/photos/_2005_12_10_04.htm
Would be a cool new playable. Are you guys planing to add more playables I heard about a max mast problem. If this is true I know of a way to get around it. Make a copy of the Database for RA mod and add new playables. Same DB list just new playbles like RA Mod Pk 1 and for the other playables make it RA mod pk2.I know it takes more memory but I think its worth it since SCS doesn't have a problem with mods.:bud:

CrazyIvan
26-12-2008, 14:37
Not clearly what problem with masts you have in view of?

I do not find out any problems with masts, except for unique - mast the virtual device but not object of a database, therefore is unable to counterdetection (as sample - with RADAR ).

MR.Wood
26-12-2008, 21:27
someone sent me a message at subsim.com fourm and said that we could have no more playables do to using up all the mast all ready.:ku

CrazyIvan
27-12-2008, 01:39
This problem is decided - and much easier.

We can add a plenty playables units.

MR.Wood
27-12-2008, 03:55
Thats great can I give an Idea for a few new units. How about a November SSN, Upholder SSK, maybe a Collins SSK Ohio SSGN with ASDV and dry dock shelter on deck,maybe a Yankee SSBN, and some new piers for our Russian boomer like 1000' long 50' wide concrete pier. Just some ideas:pilot and maybe some US DDG and Soviet DDG's And ffgs

goldorak
27-12-2008, 08:51
Since Mr.Wood expressed his wishlist, here's mine : we definitely need a western ssk, a Type 212 would be cool. :32:

CrazyIvan
28-12-2008, 01:23
Since Mr.Wood expressed his wishlist, here's mine : we definitely need a western ssk, a Type 212 would be cool. :32:

Goldorak - I agree, there is a large lack European (not of the Russian platforms.)

But - It is necessary to decide a problem of a towed sensor control.

goldorak
28-12-2008, 23:25
Goldorak - I agree, there is a large lack European (not of the Russian platforms.)

But - It is necessary to decide a problem of a towed sensor control.

Yep, there is the problem of the towed array.
As I understand we either use the kilo "interface" to simulate a diesel electric engine and therefore forget about the towed array (since the interface doesn't have one), or we choose to use the "nuclear sub" interface so to get the towed array but in this case we forget about the diesel electric engine.
So what would we choose ? All I can say is that there is no perfect solution, we should get a compromise.
As far as I'm concerned the type 212 should definiteley have the towed array in the game (since in real life is has one, as it has a raploc feature etc...). If we choose therefore to enable a towed array we have to "simulate" a diesel electric engine within the constraints of the "nuclear sub" interface. We can't limit the range (at least I don't think so) BUT we can limit the maximum speed, lets say to 20 knots. So we would end up with a sub that has a towed array, it maximum speed would be 20 knots (the same of other diesel electric subs such as the kilo), the range would not be constrained, but within the missions we play either single or multiplayer, really what time frame are we talking about ? 3-4 hours of gameplay ? We would never notice the range constraint within such a timeframe. So the solution is a good one.
The only problem I see, is players using the sub always at maximum speed (20 knots). Of course if it used the real diesel electric interface, the batteries would deplete very rapidly, whereas if we use the "nuclear sub interface" there is no depletion, so the player can run for 3-4+ hours at maximum speed without any kind of penalty.
The other choice is to use the diesel electric interface and abbandon any hipe of ever using a towed array. Me I prefer the first solution, other people may prefer the second solution.

goldorak
13-01-2009, 02:20
Hi Guys,

This image is astounding http://i064.radikal.ru/0901/80/f3609ce77e85.jpg (I think one of your members posted it on subsim forum).
In any case, the fact of having torpedo doors that can open and close is a nice thing to have. It adds to realism. :)
This brings me to ask you guys, I know the making all the playable subs have torpedo doors that open and close is a huge and presumably complicated and boring task. But is it possibile to do it just for the main subs, lets say the 688 flt 3, the akula 2 and the seawolf ?

kpv1974
16-01-2009, 14:58
Hi Guys,

This image is astounding http://i064.radikal.ru/0901/80/f3609ce77e85.jpg (I think one of your members posted it on subsim forum).
In any case, the fact of having torpedo doors that can open and close is a nice thing to have. It adds to realism. :)
This brings me to ask you guys, I know the making all the playable subs have torpedo doors that open and close is a huge and presumably complicated and boring task. But is it possibile to do it just for the main subs, lets say the 688 flt 3, the akula 2 and the seawolf ?

Well, we will do it! ;)

kpv1974
16-01-2009, 15:03
Is there a specialist in Seawolf`s construction? How many blades have SSN21`s propeller and pump-jet`s grate?
Is there a grate at the pump-jet`s outlet?
On how many parts are divided entrance and outlet holes of pump-jet?

goldorak
16-01-2009, 20:27
Is there a specialist in Seawolf`s construction? How many blades have SSN21`s propeller and pump-jet`s grate?
Is there a grate at the pump-jet`s outlet?
On how many parts are divided entrance and outlet holes of pump-jet?

I'm sorry I have no idea. I looked in the book "cold war submarines" but the information is too generic. No specific details as to how many blades the seawolf has. :84:

kpv1974
16-01-2009, 20:36
I'm sorry I have no idea. I looked in the book "cold war submarines" but the information is too generic. No specific details as to how many blades the seawolf has. :84:

It is Necessary to search for! You there closer, diving, see beside SSN-21 :)

MR.Wood
18-01-2009, 02:00
:bud:As far as I know its still classified no one knows. The only thing for sure is that its a odd numbered blades as all us boats but I don't care I'm just happy with that beautiful sub cant wait till RA is a go

Theta Sigma
23-01-2009, 23:51
Is there any chance the new version of RA will be compatible with JSGME?

EDIT: Is it possible for me to register to sukhoi.ru as well?

Fearless
28-01-2009, 21:33
Would it be possible to have a playable Collins class sub included in this magnificent RA mod?

kpv1974
28-01-2009, 22:49

JSGME - did not consider while

EDIT: Is it possible for me to register to sukhoi.ru as well? <- question not comprehensible/

kpv1974
28-01-2009, 22:51
Would it be possible to have a playable Collins class sub included in this magnificent RA mod?

The interfaces ready.
We Work on graphics.
If beside you photo, drawings?

Fearless
29-01-2009, 02:18
The interfaces ready.
We Work on graphics.
If beside you photo, drawings?

I have a link that may assist.

Collins Class Submarine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collins_class_submarine)

timcav
29-01-2009, 04:03
Hello all first post in this site, and am really happy with the RA mod work that's been done, hats off to everyone!

I have a couple of questions I was hoping that I could get answered as this seems to be the place for it.

* Can anyone give me an expected date of release for an updated version of RA?

* Also, as i'm loving of surface vessels more than sub-surface, what additional playable surface vessels are likely to appear in the next release? Will the current Udaloy DDG be refined, such as the twin 100mm gun turrets facing their intended targets when engaging rather than facing directly ahead, and multi-purpose weapons load-out to illustrate a Udaloy II?

Keep up the good work, looks fantastic.

Captcav

kpv1974
29-01-2009, 12:06
I have a link that may assist.

Collins Class Submarine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collins_class_submarine)

THIS FUN? REALY THERE MUCH PHOTOES And SCHEMES?

kpv1974
29-01-2009, 12:21
Hello all first post in this site, and am really happy with the RA mod work that's been done, hats off to everyone!

I have a couple of questions I was hoping that I could get answered as this seems to be the place for it.

* Can anyone give me an expected date of release for an updated version of RA?

* Also, as i'm loving of surface vessels more than sub-surface, what additional playable surface vessels are likely to appear in the next release? Will the current Udaloy DDG be refined, such as the twin 100mm gun turrets facing their intended targets when engaging rather than facing directly ahead, and multi-purpose weapons load-out to illustrate a Udaloy II?

Keep up the good work, looks fantastic.

Captcav

THREE PERSONS WORKS ON ADDONOM. ONE CONSIDERS NECESSARY HIS(ITS) PRANKS an END MONTH THAT THERE IS. TWO - TERMINATE ALREADY COMMENCED ( IN ONE TWO MONTHS).
In WORK ALL HAVE an ALIKE RIGHT. SO BY THE END OF MONTH POSSIBLE OUTPUT to INCOMPLETE VERSION.
NEW POVERHNOSNYH COURT was NOT PLANNED. THAT it is NECESSARY?

timcav
29-01-2009, 14:15
Ok thank you, sorry just putting bits and pieces of that together as i'm sure is trying to be done with my English.

OK, so in the next couple of weeks there maybe another update to RA correct?

Has there been any word on additional surface vessels kpv1974?

Many thanks for your reply and hard work.

Captcav

kpv1974
30-01-2009, 00:26
Ok thank you, sorry just putting bits and pieces of that together as i'm sure is trying to be done with my English.

OK, so in the next couple of weeks there maybe another update to RA correct?

Has there been any word on additional surface vessels kpv1974?

Many thanks for your reply and hard work.

Captcav

Thanks does not need. We Do the mod for itself.

Has there been any word on additional surface vessels kpv1974? <-This question not smog to understand. Write in detail.

timcav
30-01-2009, 00:37
Извините, я сделаю все возможное, чтобы эта понятна. Известно ли вам о каких-либо новых надводных кораблей, которые будут управляемыми в новой версии РА в скором времени будет выпущен?

Captcav

kpv1974
30-01-2009, 00:55
Извините, я сделаю все возможное, чтобы эта понятна. Известно ли вам о каких-либо новых надводных кораблей, которые будут управляемыми в новой версии РА в скором времени будет выпущен?

Captcav

Now understandable! no need to apologize :)
What offers? What do you want to see? I like SUB. :D
The Naves to add possible, but they are to similar on structure of the weapon on Perry and Udaloi.
The Naves did not add. While.

timcav
30-01-2009, 01:15
Ну Есть много подводных выплачиваемого в настоящее время, я хотел бы видеть другого фрегат или эсминец как Япония или Германия?

Но самое главное, вы можете сделать 100mm пушка башенками по Udaloy анимационный?

Вы также можете добавить Udaloy II anit судно с ракетами, это будет сделать его более интересным действий.

Captcav
English

>
Russian

swap
Translate

kpv1974
30-01-2009, 01:33
Ну Есть много подводных выплачиваемого в настоящее время, я хотел бы видеть другого фрегат или эсминец как Япония или Германия?

Но самое главное, вы можете сделать 100mm пушка башенками по Udaloy анимационный?

Вы также можете добавить Udaloy II anit судно с ракетами, это будет сделать его более интересным действий.

Captcav
English

>
Russian

swap
Translate

What naves to japan and germany necessary? What are identified?
Animaciya so important?
Udaloy II shall possible add later.

timcav
30-01-2009, 01:39
Просто предложение. Поскольку Существуют Америки и в настоящее время российские поверхностные сосуды, мы должны рассмотреть вопрос о включении эсминец типа 45 из Соединенного Королевства, таким образом, все три крупных держав покрыты?

Captcav

kpv1974
30-01-2009, 01:44
Просто предложение. Поскольку Существуют Америки и в настоящее время российские поверхностные сосуды, мы должны рассмотреть вопрос о включении эсминец типа 45 из Соединенного Королевства, таким образом, все три крупных держав покрыты?

Captcav

Give the reference to description of this nave.

timcav
30-01-2009, 01:59
Вот ссылка на эсминец типа 45 из британского военно-морского флота.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_45_destroyer

Captcav

kpv1974
30-01-2009, 02:08
Вот ссылка на эсминец типа 45 из британского военно-морского флота.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_45_destroyer

Captcav

Ok, shall try later.

timcav
02-02-2009, 05:02
Можно ли изменить оружие loadouts по drivable подводных лодок в РА данных?

Captcav

kpv1974
02-02-2009, 12:19
Можно ли изменить оружие loadouts по drivable подводных лодок в РА данных?

Captcav

Possible. What not it is correct?

timcav
02-02-2009, 13:04
Правда? Так что можно изменить "САМ" ракеты на Udaloy DDG и Silex изменения АНМ?

kpv1974
02-02-2009, 13:13
Правда? Так что можно изменить "САМ" ракеты на Udaloy DDG и Silex изменения АНМ?

Do Not understand that on that to change?
АНМ - that this?

timcav
02-02-2009, 13:55
Я хотел бы изменить ракета-silex пользователя udaloy для ракетных antiship

kpv1974
02-02-2009, 15:12
Я хотел бы изменить ракета-silex пользователя udaloy для ракетных antiship

Unit will have a real arms,rather then fantastic.
Possible Udaloy 2 shall add in modes, will there be a sand fly.

goldorak
02-02-2009, 23:04
So what are the latest news ? :D
Give us some updates please. :ku

kpv1974
02-02-2009, 23:54
So what are the latest news ? :D
Give us some updates please. :ku

We Complete the graph. We Do the interfaces. Work boils.
:pilot

timcav
03-02-2009, 04:50
так это значит, что освобождение близко?

Fearless
04-02-2009, 11:27
так это значит, что освобождение близко?

Translation!!

Theta Sigma
04-02-2009, 11:36

JSGME - did not consider while

EDIT: Is it possible for me to register to sukhoi.ru as well? <- question not comprehensible/

I was referring to the other RA developer forum:

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=123

I was wondering why I cannot register there as I could here. I assumed there are some people who are members of both.

As for JSGME, I hope you can make the next version compatible with it. :)

RR_Flash
04-02-2009, 11:52
I was wondering why I cannot register there as I could here.
They haven't configured a mail service yet so new users can't receive validation emails from the sukhoi.ru forum.
Try to send a message to sukhoi's owner Covalent with your login name and password and he will register you. His email address is covalent (at) mail (dot) ru

Theta Sigma
05-02-2009, 05:42
Thanks. I did just that. :)

Fearless
05-02-2009, 08:17
THIS FUN? REALY THERE MUCH PHOTOES And SCHEMES?

Yes, I hope this helped. I'm really looking forward to driving the Collins class. Thanks to all again for your great efforts in creating the RA mod.

timcav
15-02-2009, 07:12
Any updates??

Fearless
15-02-2009, 10:16
Yes, It is very quiet. The team must be very busy.

goldorak
17-02-2009, 12:11
Hi guys,

Is it possible to reduce the accuracy of the tma autocrew in RA mod ?
I think the game defaults to something like 80% accuracy, can it be reduced to something like 70% ?

kpv1974
17-02-2009, 15:31
Hi guys,

Is it possible to reduce the accuracy of the tma autocrew in RA mod ?
I think the game defaults to something like 80% accuracy, can it be reduced to something like 70% ?

This is reflected on AI units. They will become foolish.

goldorak
17-02-2009, 18:02
This is reflected on AI units. They will become foolish.

Ah :132: :132: so the auto tma on playable units is linked to the auto tma on ai units. That is really stupid :( .

timcav
26-02-2009, 00:44
Anymore updates on the next release? Next week we're heading into March.

Captcav

goldorak
02-03-2009, 18:04
Its March already, time for surprise. :pilot :D

Theta Sigma
02-03-2009, 23:56
I'm drooling for it. :)

goldorak
05-03-2009, 17:16
Hey Guys,

Any updates ? Throw us a bone. ;)

kpv1974
07-03-2009, 01:10
Already soon! :)

goldorak
07-03-2009, 01:28

http://www.commanders-academy.net/images/funky_smilies/you_rock.gifhttp://www.commanders-academy.net/images/funky_smilies/arms.gifhttp://www.subsim.com/radioroom/images/smilies/36.gif :D

suBB
08-03-2009, 11:12

waahoo!!!

:D:D:D mission design time!!! :D:D:D

thank you so very much, very anxious :32:

CrazyIvan
09-03-2009, 21:37
Concerning new added of classes -
Alrosa - Alrosa – with pump-jet propulsor;
Kilo – Iranian;
Sturgeon;
Sturgeon Long Mod;
688;
688VLS;

Diesels sub With Towed -
Type 212 - Italy;
Type 212 Germany;
Collins;
Harushio;
Lada - /Waterfall Sonars/

Have patience. We have not thrown job.

The improvement of job of the doctrines is now conducted.
For example - Missiles Bug Work.
Homing - now based by value of the radar echo-answer, instead default - simply homing on last found out target.

Also - concerning recognition CM by the advanced torpedos it is necessary to introduce.
And also - based on a real echo from the CM target, instead of casual value "WeaponEffectivenes" - which it is simple how to throw a coin - be come to see on the CM or to ignore her.

goldorak
10-03-2009, 00:00
Concerning new added of classes -
Alrosa - Alrosa – with pump-jet propulsor;
Kilo – Iranian;
Sturgeon;
Sturgeon Long Mod;
688;
688VLS;

Diesels sub With Towed -
Type 212 - Italy;
Type 212 Germany;
Collins;
Harushio;
Lada - /Waterfall Sonars/

I'm drooling http://www.betasom.it/forum/style_emoticons/standard/dribble.gif and thanks so much for including an italian Type 212.

Have patience. We have not thrown job.

Its difficult, I'm dying to try out the final version of RA mod. :D

The improvement of job of the doctrines is now conducted.
For example - Missiles Bug Work.
Homing - now based by value of the radar echo-answer, instead default - simply homing on last found out target.

Does this mean that chaff countermeasures are much more effective against radar guided missiles at least with respect to stock DW/ DW lwami ?
So the frigate Perry now has a decent chance of survival against a volley of incoming radar guided missiles.

Also - concerning recognition CM by the advanced torpedos it is necessary to introduce.
And also - based on a real echo from the CM target, instead of casual value "WeaponEffectivenes" - which it is simple how to throw a coin - be come to see on the CM or to ignore her.

Does this mean that different subs will carry different kind of cm.
For instance american subs will carry different active/passive cm than british or french or italian subs ?
Active torpedoes will acquire a cm based on its sonar echo.
What about torpedos that use passive guidance ? How will they acquire a passive countermeasure ? Will they use the parameter WeaponEffectiveness or no ? :52:

CrazyIvan
10-03-2009, 02:36
WeaponEffectivenes for weapons - means percent of failure.
Sample: We admit there set is 65 %. (In Database)
On RND of function the number is generated (in NavalSimEngine). If it is less 66, the engine will make NEWTRACK on CM.
If this generated number is more than 65, then the engine WILL NOT GIVE NEWTRACK.

Actually are all simply as a guessing on to throw up coins. Really, the homing is not connected neither to acoustic conditions, nor with distance up to a CM. Simply - is homing or is not homing depends on the casually generated number.

The passive CMs owe so work in an ideal - if noise of a CM more than noise of a Sub - then a torpedo is homing on a CM.
And if the player has thrown out a CM, and then escapes from a torpedo and does thus cavitation - then the torpedo should leave a CM homing, and run behind the player which does loud noise.
For passive torpedoes it partially works - if you are attacked by a passive torpedo, and you will stop speed of a Sub in low speed (it is desirable 0 knots) - then the torpedo will lose your noise - she again will lower speed for search. You can it check in ours add-on.

The algorithm Reattack option extremely difficult is represented. Besides it is not clear in general as it works on the real torpedoes - is a terrible secret of all fleet.

However too big realism - can be broken by playability game.
It is not necessary to forget about it too.

Guys - do not speak us about LWAMi - anything there with realism NO.
And realism never was - as all is based on an original drivers (doctrines) of game from SA.:D

Fearless
11-03-2009, 02:13
WOW looking forward to the latest version. Thanks all for the commitment and making DW much more enjoyable to play especially having the Collins Class playable included will give VNAVY the opportunity to create a base in Aussie land.

CrazyIvan
13-03-2009, 00:04
:42:DSRV an explanation of a problem.

The problem not returning DSRV consists in the following:

After Launch DSRV, the Sub of the player is removed from that place where was launched DSRV.
It is connected that the physics of game, does not allow to establish a platform in absolute 0 knots speeds.
Even when your devices will show that the speed of a Sub of 0 units actually is 0.0....... 1545 knots.

On a history of display of movement of a platform (Alt+H) you can see - that the Sub even with 0 speed continues slowly to move.

That DSRV at returning "sat" on the “sub-parent”, it is necessary to remain in a very close to a point of DSRV launch.

For example make so:
- Set speed of a Sub to 2 units.
Launch DSRV.
Note on a Navigating map by a marker a place where was launched DSRV (Add Navigation Mark - Enter or Add Area Circle - Ctrl+C)
Set short back movement of a Sub(Use Set Speed Back 1/3 Command or any similar).
That the boat was very close to a that marker which shows a place of DSRV launch.
When DSRV he will come back - will sit by a sub hull.
However is there should be a very,very,very short distance - 30-40 meters (yrds) from DSRV up to a your sub.

The distinction with a SC consists - that in SC, the Sub remains motionlessly in that place where is launched DSRV. DW - does not give such opportunity. The sub is displaced from coordinates of launch, and DSRV does not find your sub.
Cheers.

goldorak
13-03-2009, 03:42
Ah, so the problem is that the sub doesn't have an exact 0 speed after the DSRV is launched.
Is there a way to enforce this condition (speed sub = 0) in the mod ?
Otherwise the skipper will have to manouver precisely to be on station to retreive the DSRV.

CrazyIvan
16-03-2009, 06:23
Can be and probably. Looking what is the time it is necessary to spend on this procedure.
Probably there are many other problems on which it be necessary to pay attention.

CrazyIvan
16-03-2009, 13:48
Ah, so the problem is that the sub doesn't have an exact 0 speed after the DSRV is launched.
Is there a way to enforce this condition (speed sub = 0) in the mod ?
Otherwise the skipper will have to manouver precisely to be on station to retreive the DSRV.

I think, that a problem with returning DSRV we completely solve in nearest some days...%)

goldorak
16-03-2009, 16:43
I think, that a problem with returning DSRV we completely solve in nearest some days...%)

Really ?:52: That is fantastic. You guys definitely rock. :)

Fearless
27-03-2009, 01:48
Greetings,

How close are you in releasing the next version?

goldorak
03-04-2009, 22:25
Hi Guys,

Can you please update us on the mod ? :)

Theta Sigma
08-04-2009, 12:11
If I don't get it soon, I'll open a hatch and scuttle my boat. :D

goldorak
08-04-2009, 19:09
If I don't get it soon, I'll open a hatch and scuttle my boat. :D

:80: :80: yeah me too.
Since I tried the beta I can't go back playing DW with the other mods. RA is just soo good, and the frigate finally has a 100% remotely controlled helo (active/passive dipping sonar, mad sensor, different search strategies, etc...) that alone makes me http://www.hwupgrade.it/forum/images_hwu/smilies/12.gif http://www.hwupgrade.it/forum/images_hwu/smilies/12.gif

CrazyIvan
09-04-2009, 13:41
Hi!

We shall make complete alteration job of torpedos.

Principle on which we build job of torpedos - real presence of contact on a sensor control at a torpedo.

In the original version of game, the final stage of job of a torpedo, is based on cheat a command TERMINAL_HOME.

I shall explain as it incorrectly works.

For example - the torpedo searches in a passive mode.
The player, establishes high speed, and makes cavitation. After that, the torpedo can hear a submarine and begin a stage of an attack.
What the player can undertake? To reduce speed - to remove cavitation. Or even completely to stop a boat in 0 knots - to hide from a passive torpedo.

But under the original version - even when the player will lower speed and really torpedo will not hear any more Sub Player - torpedo will carry out all the same stage of an attack!

The command gives the terminal home, coordinate of a submarine of the player for a torpedo, though the sensor control of a torpedo any more does not hear a Sub! It works the expendable trigger - he has slammed on the Sub Target, and the Target will not lose any more.

We reconstruct job of torpedo sensor controls so that the prompting of a torpedo was carried out only directly from a sensor control. We check age of the Target on a sensor control at a torpedo.
The active sensor control of a torpedo makes one ping per 5 seconds.
When the target is found out, its age begins Is increased. 0--->1 --- > 2 --- > 3 ---- > 4 ----- > 5 ----- > 0 etc.etc
The age reaches 5 seconds - following ping does age again to zero.
Hence, the age of the "alive" Target, can not be more than 5 of seconds.
If age of the target to become it is more than 5 seconds - the torpedo means has lost contact.
It is similar, how the age on the display DDI - is broadcast when the target is lost that age is increased. If the contact IS NOT LOST that age of the target always 0 or is updated with periodicity of job of a sensor control.

Algorithm on recognition CMs, and performance of function reattack of torpedos, capable to this also takes root.

It is necessary to say, is what is it planned thus - if the torpedo catches CM on the large distance, she can not determine yet - what is it false target. And the cruise of a torpedo on CM will proceed so long, as the force of a signal of a CM will not exceed the certain threshold.

In other words, it is possible so to designate it - than closer torpedo to CM, the more probability that the torpedo will not attack a CM.
And on the contrary - if the torpedo finds out CM from the large distance, the more probability that the torpedo will be induced on this CM - while she does not distinguish her on the increased force of a signal.

It is a wise part of job of the weapon and is very difficult for coding in the doctrines.

Cheers!

CrazyIvan
21-04-2009, 00:54
Bad news, guys.

The attempts of modeling of real job of torpedos, completely have killed gameplay of game.

It to become at the absolutely other level.

We are inclined to think, that we should make TWO versions.

The first version - will be adapted to game opportunities.

The second version - will be adapted to the advanced players.

We ascertain - it is impossible to combine PLAYABILITY vs REALISM.

We are compelled to divide these two types of game. In one game, we can not combine these two contrasts.

The modeling of the advanced behaviour, completely changes game features.

Alexei Vostrkov
06-05-2009, 04:15
Hello,

There is any way for testing the beta of your mod? i would like to help with some beta testing :)

Thanks

CrazyIvan
08-05-2009, 22:48
Hello,

There is any way for testing the beta of your mod? i would like to help with some beta testing :)

Thanks

We look behind any features.

Also we hope that there will be few problems.

timcav
10-05-2009, 16:50
Hi there,

I've been hearing seeing alot of posts about submarines in the soon to be released update, but I was hoping you could tell me what additions had been made to surface vessels?

(1) Has the Udaloy been upgraded to UdaloyII so that ASM's are standard armament
(2) If so, have there been refinements to allow the main guns to actually face towards a target when it has been assigned?
(3) Has there been re-allocated SAM launchers at both the front and back of the ship? Currently the missiles just all launch from the same place.
(4) Has there been any other surface vessels incorporated? Type 45? Spruance? Arleigh Burke? Bremmen?
(5) When in control of a surface ship, is it possible to have the helo display it's weapons load-out? Currently the only time you get to see the weapons on the user controlled helo's is when you are in control of it, AI helo's launched from a user controlled ship do not show anything.

I understand alot of this game is about sub-surface warfare, but i haven't seen a single person asking about surface ships, so I thought i'd ask myself.

Captcav

timcav
14-05-2009, 09:39
Hi there,

Just wondering if there had been any rendering work done on the water in DW? Is there any way of adding a simple multiplying texture to the swell?

Captcav

timcav
17-05-2009, 15:56
Hi guys,

Just wanted to know if the RA modders have taken the Mk13 Launcher off the Perry Class Frigate? as none of them carry this capability now unless modding it for Turkey, or Australia, in which case you would need to add a 8 cell VLS box ahead of the MK13 Launcher.

Captcav

timcav
26-05-2009, 12:12
HMMM, very quiet in here of late??? what's the go?

kpv1974
26-05-2009, 12:47
Much works in RA :) !

timcav
03-06-2009, 05:01
Hey guys,

Do we have an estimate release date yet? Could someone give us an update on where the process is up to at the current time?

Captcav

kpv1974
04-06-2009, 15:29
Hey guys,

Do we have an estimate release date yet? Could someone give us an update on where the process is up to at the current time?

Captcav

Work on RA passed the final stage. It is unrealistic to speak about release time. Perhaps week, possibly month.
Opened up new opportunities. We are working on this.
(For example - the attack periscopes in modern submarines.)

suBB
04-06-2009, 20:06
please, don't rush... you guys are doing a great job :D :D

based on the screenshots I've seen recently, obviously you guys are very busy and thorough about detail.

please continue to stay focused, take your time and make it great!!!!

waiting patiently...

make turns for 0 kts... :D

goldorak
05-06-2009, 07:38
Work on RA passed the final stage. It is unrealistic to speak about release time. Perhaps week, possibly month.
Opened up new opportunities. We are working on this.
(For example - the attack periscopes in modern submarines.)

Congratulations, the end of the tunnel is near. :)
Great job guys, really great job.

I hope its not to late to consider a new feature, maybe its possibile to simulate and include in RA or maybe not. Thats up to you guys. In any case this feature request is about torpedo expulsion.
Most submarines use compressed air to expulse the torpedo from the torpedo tube. Of course doing this creates a lot of sound and an enemy sub can pick up the sound.
New subs such as the Type 212 and maybe others have an hydraulic mechanism that expulses the torpedo from the torpedo tube very quietly. Much more quietly than the traditional compressed air mechanism.
Can this system be simulated in RA ? It would make counter detection of torpedo launches much more difficult.

CrazyIvan
05-06-2009, 17:28
Yes it is possible.

It is enough to translate a torpedo in a type "MINE".
TIW will cease to come to the player.
To react to this behaviour AI sub - also it is possible to provide in the doctrines.

[ Certainly - probably can be and latent defects from such replacement is is investigated by practical consideration. ]

However - I think not everyone will support such decision.

It strictly will establish necessity of the constant control by the player of acoustic stations.

Though for the multiplayer I certainly consider this decision.

Let us know the guys - if it will be maintained by community, we shall try it to produce in add-on.

CrazyIvan
05-06-2009, 17:44
We have heard reasonings about modern periscope systems.

Now - with laser finger.

No more LOB of a line of length in 10 miles. :budo:

The distance up to the target - now is exact up to meter (feet). :)

goldorak
05-06-2009, 18:14
We have heard reasonings about modern periscope systems.

Now - with laser finger.

No more LOB of a line of length in 10 miles. :budo:

The distance up to the target - now is exact up to meter (feet). :)

http://www.hwupgrade.it/forum/images_hwu/smilies/12.gif
http://www.hwupgrade.it/forum/images_hwu/smilies/38.gif

Does this mean that the stadimeter station is obsolete ?

http://www.hwupgrade.it/forum/images_hwu/smilies/23.gif

kpv1974
05-06-2009, 18:20
http://www.hwupgrade.it/forum/images_hwu/smilies/12.gif
http://www.hwupgrade.it/forum/images_hwu/smilies/38.gif

Does this mean that the stadimeter station is obsolete ?

http://www.hwupgrade.it/forum/images_hwu/smilies/23.gif

YES!!! Certainly!!!

goldorak
05-06-2009, 18:22
Yes it is possible.

It is enough to translate a torpedo in a type "MINE".
TIW will cease to come to the player.
To react to this behaviour AI sub - also it is possible to provide in the doctrines.

[ Certainly - probably can be and latent defects from such replacement is is investigated by practical consideration. ]

However - I think not everyone will support such decision.

I agree, but since some subs like the Type 212 and maybe Collins (but I'm not sure about this) carry this mechanism it would be great to include it in the mod. Each sub has strengths and weaknesses, nuclear subs have range, speed and number of weapons. New generation diesel electric or AIP subs have stealth, not great spead and low range.
But they are deadly quiet. Moreso than nuclear subs.

It strictly will establish necessity of the constant control by the player of acoustic stations.

Yes, and it means that going against a new generation AIP sub si going to be difficult. As it is in real life.

Though for the multiplayer I certainly consider this decision.

Thank you. It would be great to have this feature in multiplayer (it was the primary reason to ask you guys to include it in RA).

Let us know the guys - if it will be maintained by community, we shall try it to produce in add-on.

My opinion is that the mod should be maintained by the original modders, maybe with input from the community. The reason for this is to avoid many versions (incompatibile versions) of the mod, which would render multiplayer between different players/virtual navies difficult.
Better to have a centrally managed mod if thats ok with you. That is if you guys want to maintain the mod after you release it.

fleet command CC
10-06-2009, 06:04
Это очень крутой модем, могу ли я спросить, как вы главы РА в Группе удалось сделать более проигрываемый платформу?

Я надеюсь, что мои российские права. :)

This is a super cool mod, can I ask how you chaps in the RA Team manage to make more playable platform?

I hope my Russian is right. :)

kpv1974
10-06-2009, 18:22
Это очень крутой модем, могу ли я спросить, как вы главы РА в Группе удалось сделать более проигрываемый платформу?

This is a super cool mod, can I ask how you chaps in the RA Team manage to make more playable platform?

For what you need this information? You that that wants to add? :)

fleet command CC
11-06-2009, 05:10
Для какой вы нужна эта информация? Вы, что хочет добавить? :)

Здравствуйте, kpv1974

Сначала выключить Благодарим Вас за ответ niceone. :D

Я хотел бы добавить некоторые новые наличие воспроизводимых платформы с новых моделей, вот некоторые из моделей, Я получили вдаваться в хранилище данных. Тип 42, тип 45, тип 82, эсминцы, КОРАБЛЯ Гуд, Arleigh Бёрк класса эсминца, Spruance класса эсминца, Айова (броненосец), Платформа Орлан Кировская класса интерактивной ракет крузер, Krasina слава класса интерактивной ракет крузер. Эти модели необходимо некоторых edting, делает их прежде чем они будут работать в игре, поскольку 3D экспортером Studio более R3.1, использующих Я получил ограничение поли максимального, которые могут быть экспортированы.

Я хотела добавить эти модели DW долгое время, но мышления невозможно сделать новые наличие воспроизводимых платформы, не делать, затем Я обнаружил этот большой ра mod, который добавляет новые ПП в подумал прохладный Я бы люблю знать, как добавить новый PP's. :)

Любая помощь будет быть высоко.

Что касается,

FCCC.

For what you need this information? You that that wants to add? :)

Hello kpv1974

First off thank you for the reply niceone. :D

I would like to add some new playable platform with new models, here are some of the models I have got to go into DW. Type 42, Type 45, Type 82, destroyers, HMS Hood, Arleigh Burke class destroyer, Spruance class destroyer, Iowa Battleship, Orlan Kirov class Guided Missile Cruiser, Krasina-Slava class Guided Missile Cruiser. These models need some edting doing to them before they will work in the game, because the 3D Studio Max R3.1 exporter, that I use has got a maxium poly limit that can be exported.

I wanted to add these models to DW a long time, but thinking it impossible to make new playable platform I didn't do it, then I found this great RA mod that adds new PP'S I thought cool I would love to know how to add new PP'S. :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

FCCC.

CrazyIvan
11-06-2009, 13:46

Unfortunately, game DW practically Non Modable...

You will not design new units on the basis of available base interfaces...:152:

fleet command CC
11-06-2009, 16:24

Да знаю DW не Моддинг дружественных игра, Я был Моддинг и воспроизведение с DW включение и отключение поскольку она вышла. Почему Я еще не пытался сделать больше единицы наличие воспроизводимых причина, поскольку обратно в день, S.C.S, запрещено добавление наличие воспроизводимых платформ, но S.C.S не ухода больше даже сказали тем.

Было бы неплохо, если вы главы в команде Армения может дать мне некоторые советы по как сделать это пожалуйста.:)

Я не получаю, какие вы заявили здесь. : 42:

Что касается,

FCCC.

Yes I know DW is not a modding friendly game, I've been modding and playing around with DW on and off since it came out. The reason why I haven't tried making more units playable is, because back in the day S.C.S prohibited adding playable platforms, but S.C.S doesn't care anymore they even said so.

It would be nice if you chaps in the RA Team could give me some tips on how to do it please.

I don't get what you have said here. :42:

Regards,

FCCC.

timcav
12-06-2009, 05:37

Regards,

FCCC.[/QUOTE]

I think what he is saying, is that modding the surface ships is extremely hard given the lack of interfaces. Otherwise you are just going to end up with a perry class frigate with the skin of a type 45, that doesn't do anything for me...

CrazyIvan
12-06-2009, 13:46

Regards,

FCCC.

I think what he is saying, is that modding the surface ships is extremely hard given the lack of interfaces. Otherwise you are just going to end up with a perry class frigate with the skin of a type 45, that doesn't do anything for me...[/QUOTE]

Absolutely correctly.

-perry class frigate with the skin of a type 45-

CrazyIvan
12-06-2009, 13:47
I think what he is saying, is that modding the surface ships is extremely hard given the lack of interfaces. Otherwise you are just going to end up with a perry class frigate with the skin of a type 45, that doesn't do anything for me...

Absolutely correctly.

-perry class frigate with the skin of a type 45-[/QUOTE]

goldorak
12-06-2009, 14:48
Absolutely correctly.

I imagined it was something like that.
Is this the reason why the Udaloy in RA mod cannot fire the cannon forward but only sideways ?

kpv1974
12-06-2009, 15:04
I imagined it was something like that.
Is this the reason why the Udaloy in RA mod cannot fire the cannon forward but only sideways ?

Yes.

fleet command CC
13-06-2009, 07:49

timcav,

Thank you for your helpful input niceone. :D

Absolutely correctly.

CrazyIvan,

That's a shame about the interfaces, :152: but I would still like to know how the RA Team made some new playable units. If your willing to let me know, also alot of other chaps would like to know as well. The more people that know how to do it, the bigger the possibility of finding a way around this problem. :)

Do the subs have the same interface problem? I'm only asking because I've got some sub models too, that I'm willing to share with the RA team.

Regards,

FCCC.

falconsix
16-06-2009, 01:37
Hi!

First: I am from Germany, it wasnt easy to find my way through this Kiryllic stuff, but at last i´ve got it! :) I think, this mod should be more popular, so i have done some movies with it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faswzaWnuvA&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6o2qVyUHIo&feature=channel_page

I called id "unofficial", cause i didnt know your Team, but i hope, you like it, and someday, i can write below "Official Trailer". :)

Greetings
F6

kpv1974
16-06-2009, 02:00
Hi!

First: I am from Germany, it wasnt easy to find my way through this Kiryllic stuff, but at last i´ve got it! :) I think, this mod should be more popular, so i have done some movies with it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faswzaWnuvA&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6o2qVyUHIo&feature=channel_page

I called id "unofficial", cause i didnt know your Team, but i hope, you like it, and someday, i can write below "Official Trailer". :)

Greetings
F6

HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
I the admirer of your creativity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:) :D
You inspire us! :D :D :D

R.Hunter
16-06-2009, 15:09
Hi everybody, I'm R.Hunter, a master of the Dangerous waters Section of Betasom, the Italian navy and submarines forum.

Thank you all for the great job you're doing with RA mod...we're following its development with big interest, and we 're sure that it will start a new age for DW players!!!

falconsix
16-06-2009, 16:05
We can send to you the current version of the RA with the CinematicEditor and you will be able to make the "Official Trailer" ;)
(If, of course, Mr. CrazyIvan agrees to include it in the final version)

Wow! That would be great! I have never heard about an "Cinematic Editor", but if it is what it sounds, i think, i can make some very interesting things!

HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
I the admirer of your creativity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You inspire us!

Wow, it is very nice to read that you like my movies :)

Thanks!

falconsix
16-06-2009, 17:12
Cool...:D

Ehm...i possibly could help with the Translation from the "Type 212" - Interface, if you want...^^

falconsix
23-06-2009, 07:09
Hi

I have another Question:

Is shedulded, for the German Submarine "Type 212", to integrate the "IDAS" System? It is a sub - launched, AA - missile wich is loaded in a 4x magazine for one torpedo tube.

The range is 20 kilometers, the guidiance runs with an infrared heat seeker.

greetings
Falconsix

Fearless
23-06-2009, 13:52
Excellent movies Falconsix

timcav
01-07-2009, 08:08
Hi guys, i don't mean to be the one that dulls the mood, but back to the reason this forum is here, do we have a release date as yet for the next installment of RA?

I've been keenly watching since December much the same conversation, so are we closer yet? (the internet forum equivalent of "are we there yet?)

goldorak
02-07-2009, 12:37
Timcav, I suppose the mod will be released once the bugs are squashed out. :)

CrazyIvan
02-07-2009, 15:32
http://dic.academic.ru/dic.nsf/enwiki/3254569

There is an information that DM2 A4 has wakehoming sensor.

If it is fair, we can give such feature to this torpedo in game.

Any Ideas?

goldorak
02-07-2009, 16:40

Any Ideas?

Absolutely, if the torpedo in real life has a wakehoming mechanism then by all means make the DM2 A4 in RA mod have the same capability. :D
As far as playability is concerned, having a wakehomer in the NATO side doesn't really change the equation. Its not as if a fleet of Type 212s can go hunting by themselves the russians carriers. From an historic perspective wakehomers have always been more important to russian ASuW/ASW doctrine than NATO.
Adding the wakehoming capability should add some diversity in the NATO (I always envy the russian arsenal if nothing else because of the sheer number of different weapons they have) arsenal and so the type of missions these subs can achieve.

fleet command CC
03-07-2009, 07:33

Any Ideas?

CrazyIvan

Is there any possibly you could change the default weapon loads amount on the Seawolf SSN21.

MK 48 to 10,
TASM to 15,
TLAM to 15,
Harpoon to 10,

I have found out how to the change the MK 48, TLAM, FIM-92 SAM, by trial and error editing of the .dll files in the Interfaces folder with a Hex Editor, but I haven't the found the TASM or Harpoon yet, if you know where I need to edit could you help me out please.

I would greatly appreciated thank you. :)

kyte
03-07-2009, 08:55

Any Ideas?

OK, why not?

CrazyIvan
03-07-2009, 17:26
OK, why not?

I nevertheless think what is it erroneous information.
The numerous sources at all do not mention this feature - wakehome.

fleet command CC
03-07-2009, 17:33
CrazyIvan

Is there any possibly you could change the default weapon loads amount on the Seawolf SSN21.

MK 48 to 10,
TASM to 15,
TLAM to 15,
Harpoon to 10,

I have found out how to the change the MK 48, TLAM, FIM-92 SAM, by trial and error editing of the .dll files in the Interfaces folder with a Hex Editor, but I haven't the found the TASM or Harpoon yet, if you know where I need to edit could you help me out please.

I've work it out I think. :)

CrazyIvan
03-07-2009, 17:47
CrazyIvan

MK 48 to 10,
TASM to 15,
TLAM to 15,
Harpoon to 10,

It is impossible to make the fixed meaning of quantity of the weapon.
The player always can load a maximum quantity of one type of the weapon -
50 units Mk48 or 50 units TASM.
If you know true meaning of quantity of the weapon - and establish his each time before mission.

goldorak
03-07-2009, 18:02
I nevertheless think what is it erroneous information.
The numerous sources at all do not mention this feature - wakehome.

What about this : http://updatedfrequently.com/first-production-dm2a4-torpedo-to-german-navy

Rear Admiral Henning Hoops of the Naval Office in Rostock declared the U 212A weapon system to be complete and ready for action: “With the torpedo DM2A4 SEAHAKE, the most modern conventional submarine of the class 212A with its great detection range will also carry the most powerful heavyweight torpedo.” Rear Admiral Henning Hoops (Director of Naval Armaments, Rostock), Ministerialdirigent Christian Fischer (Head of Division Naval Armaments, Federal Ministry of Defence), Dr. Ralf Kube (Chairman of the Management Board, ATLAS ELEKTRONIK) at the symbolic handover of the heavyweight torpedo DM2A4 to the German Navy (from left) The DM2A4 is the new high-performance torpedo for German submarines of the 212A class; it differs to an appreciable degree from the predecessor model, the DM2A3.
The innovations include the extremely powerful electrical propulsion system, the control and data transmission via fibre-optic instead of copper cable, the replacement of the mechanical gyro by a strap-down system using fibre-optic gyros, and the wake homing sensors. Ralf Kube went on to say: “With the DM2A4, ATLAS has achieved a quantum leap in torpedo technology. The possible battle range, the speed, the considerably increased resistance against torpedo countermeasures and the decisive enhancement in agility are unmatched worldwide.

I think its safe to assume that the torpedo has a wakehoming sensor.
If you doubt this, then you have to doubt that the torpedo will have a fiber optic cable, that it will not use fibre-optics gyro etc...

fleet command CC
03-07-2009, 18:59
It is impossible to make the fixed meaning of quantity of the weapon.
The player always can load a maximum quantity of one type of the weapon -
50 units Mk48 or 50 units TASM.
If you know true meaning of quantity of the weapon - and establish his each time before mission.

Hello CrazyIvan.

Thank you for the reply, I work it out just after I posted that message, FYI here is a screen print so you can see what I done.

Here the Original Weapon Loadout of the Seawolf SSN221.

http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss62/fleetcommandcc/3D%20Models/Original-WeaponLoadout.jpg

Here the New Weapon Loadout of the Seawolf SSN221.

http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss62/fleetcommandcc/3D%20Models/NewWeaponLoadout.jpg

Now I know you would never get a 10066329 capacity of missiles and torpedoes on any Submarine of today, I'm not sure any one Nations has got so many Sub base weapons, may be the USA or Russia has.

CrazyIvan
03-07-2009, 19:39
And certainly sonalysts too has taken care that we have not made correctly - replace their dirty work.

fleet command CC
03-07-2009, 19:53
And certainly sonalysts too has taken care that we have not made correctly - replace their dirty work.

Yep a lot of things need to be change, but this RA mod has fix a lot of the problems in DW.
Its a shame the Interfaces limits what can be added. :152:

May I ask when you are releasing the next version? :)

CrazyIvan
06-07-2009, 15:03
Already in a final stage of test.

fleet command CC
06-07-2009, 19:50
Already in a final stage of test.

That's sound great, do you need any more Beta testers, I have tested and helped in modifying the Fleet Command NWP mod for a few years now.

I'm willing to help with your mod if you would like. :)

falconsix
08-08-2009, 21:43
I am too!

I currently work on a new Trailer, did you have any wishes for it?

timcav
11-08-2009, 03:07
Yeah..... how bout an RA update, that would be nice! Do we have any time frames at the moment? I remember when in "MARCH" it was , yeah yeah its just around the corner..

CrazyIvan
27-08-2009, 02:01
The cosmetic part concerning player sensors, masts in help (USNI) the information is necessary to make.
Also - are established ALL added new units for ability of generation in quick missions.
Though - here again SCS have not made work up to the mark (standard ASUW - Intercept for SUB) - is generated only French couriers. Also it does not turn out yet to make well hunting for aircraft carriers. (And probably what is it it is impossible correctly to repair...) :- (

Only a few days, guys…

goldorak
27-08-2009, 02:46
Hi CrazyIvan,

Take all the time you and your team need to polish the mod. :D
Don't worry about us players, we have waited several months, we can wait some more time.

falconsix
27-08-2009, 17:09
Yeah...

cantwaitcantwaitcantwait...:bud:

The Trailer (Countdown 2) is already in a advanced stadium...but if the mod comes up in a few days, i think, ill wait for it!

Rex Ursus
01-09-2009, 07:19
I am looking forward to installing the RA mod when it is complete. Can you please put an installer in it that will not require me to make a seperate install?
Or. Could someone tell me how to get it into the JSGME tool so it will work like the LWAMI and Alpha Tau 3 mod?.. If someone could then I would be all too happy to start making maps specificaly for the RA mod.

CrazyIvan
01-09-2009, 18:46
I am looking forward to installing the RA mod when it is complete. Can you please put an installer in it that will not require me to make a seperate install?
Or. Could someone tell me how to get it into the JSGME tool so it will work like the LWAMI and Alpha Tau 3 mod?.. If someone could then I would be all too happy to start making maps specificaly for the RA mod.

-Goldorak- at Subsim has explained in detail as it can be made.
Look for it on SubSim.

Rex Ursus
03-09-2009, 05:10
Are you going to include the Graney class sub in the RA mod?

Jaf
15-09-2009, 14:41
На данный момент обнаружены следующие жуки:

1) TyphoonU вызывает вылет в быстрых миссиях

2) Если у лодок 212, 212А, Collins и Harushio при выдвинутом ГПБА на навкарте кликнуть прав. кнопкой на любой цели и вызвать PlatformReference, затем закрыть это окно, то данные со шнура на станции F2 "застывают".

3) "Тупость" AI-лодок связана с ошибочной доктриной.

Ждём новых посылок с насекомыми...
Будем препарировать.

At the moment found the following bugs:

1) TyphoonU crashes the game in quick missions.

2) If you extend TA on 212, 212А, Collins or Harushio, then right click on any target and choose PlatformReference, close PlatformReference window, then the data from the Broadband and Narrowband stations be "paralyzed."

3) "Stupidity" of AI-subs connected with erroneous doctrine.

Be corrected.

We are waiting for new shipments of insects...

kpv1974
15-09-2009, 15:12
На данный момент обнаружены следующие жуки:

1) TyphoonU вызывает вылет в быстрых миссиях

2) Если у лодок 212 и 212А при выдвинутом ГПБА на навкарте кликнуть прав. кнопкой на любой цели и вызвать PlatformReference, затем закрыть это окно, то данные со шнура на станции F2 "застывают".

3) "Тупость" AI-лодок связана с ошибочной доктриной.

Ждём новых посылок с насекомыми...
Будем препарировать.

At the moment found the following bugs:

1) TyphoonU crashes the game in quick missions.

2) If you extend TA on 212 or 212A, then right click on any target and choose PlatformReference, close PlatformReference window, then the data from the Broadband and Narrowband stations be "paralyzed."

3) "Stupidity" of AI-subs connected with erroneous doctrine.

Be corrected.

We are waiting for new shipments of insects...

Доктрины для устранения тупости АИ ПЛ. Скопируйте файлы из этого архива в папку \Dangerous Waters\Doctrine

kpv1974
16-09-2009, 01:08
Причины всех перечисленных багов локализованы. В течении ближайших дней полностью их излечим!
Огромное спасибо за сообщения о них всем!
Информация о багах приветствуются!

goldorak
16-09-2009, 13:45
Hi ,

In the latest DWX beta (june 2009), there was an entry in the USNI that listed all the torpedos with the active frequencies (search and attack) and the range of the sensor acquisition cone.
This entry is missing from RA/DWX 1.0. Can you put it back in ?
It was one of most useful pieces of information available, now you have to chase the info all over the place, and most importantly you don't get the range of the aquisition cone anymore.

CrazyIvan
16-09-2009, 14:25
Hi ,

In the latest DWX beta (june 2009), there was an entry in the USNI that listed all the torpedos with the active frequencies (search and attack) and the range of the sensor acquisition cone.
This entry is missing from RA/DWX 1.0. Can you put it back in ?
It was one of most useful pieces of information available, now you have to chase the info all over the place, and most importantly you don't get the range of the aquisition cone anymore.

The range will be always essential to vary from acoustic conditions.

In good conditions it can be 2000 meters, and in bad - is reduced for the same sensor - up to 500 meters.

There is no sense to specify with what that a solid range.

goldorak
16-09-2009, 15:03
I report a bug :

Condition : Show Truth off / link enabled
RA mod / no other mods installed.

What happens : Virginia at 100 feet, launches 4 subrocs at the same time, distance 10nm, at bearings 0, 10, 15, 20. Once the subrocs arrive at 10nm the game crashes.

AppName : dangerouswaters.exe
AppVer : 0.1.0.4
ModName : navalsimengine.dll
ModVer : 0.1.0.5
Offset : 0003dc67

kpv1974
16-09-2009, 15:39
Переустановите доктрины для устранения аи багов.

goldorak
16-09-2009, 15:43
When subrocs (doesn't matter if launched by american subs or russian subs) enter the water, the torpedo icon on the navmap disappears.

Show truth is off.

Is this a bug ? :52:

kpv1974
16-09-2009, 15:50
When subrocs (doesn't matter if launched by american subs or russian subs) enter the water, the torpedo icon on the navmap disappears.

Show truth is off.

reinstal the doctrine:

http://www.redrodgers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8095&d=1253097519

goldorak
16-09-2009, 16:33
reinstal the doctrine:

http://www.redrodgers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8095&d=1253097519

Hi KPV1974,

Installing the new doctrines doesn't help. :84:
You still cannot see the subrocs when entering the water, they disappear from the navmap the moment they touch the surface of the ocean.

CrazyIvan
16-09-2009, 22:52

Show truth is off.

It not the bug.

However is a known problem with the secondary weapon.

I shall bring a simple and clear example:

The missile SS-N-27 ASM in addition LWAMI - had 2 stage.

Thus there was a following funny thing - player killed the target by a missile SS-N-27 ASM (and if to be exacter - second stage of this missile which was generated from the first stage) - however brifing of mission not distinguish it - that is brifing did not appropriate in a field of the player this killed target.

At generation of the second stage, the parental communication is lost. The second stage of a SS-N-27 missile - IS NOT CONSIDERED as a missile of the player.

In a case -RA- we notice same - generation of a final torpedo occurs by a complex way : SUB ---- > Missile ---- > Chute ---- > Torpedo.

Thus parental connection also is lost. Thus, this torpedo - NOT a TORPEDO of the PLAYER turns out that.
Therefore and on a navigating map she is not shown. The alien torpedo is considered what is it.

For network missions it is necessary to bypass this problem with the help of triggers stipulating this problem - for offset to the player which has killed the target.

CrazyIvan
16-09-2009, 23:07
I report a bug :

Condition : Show Truth off / link enabled
RA mod / no other mods installed.

What happens : Virginia at 100 feet, launches 4 subrocs at the same time, distance 10nm, at bearings 0, 10, 15, 20. Once the subrocs arrive at 10nm the game crashes.

AppName : dangerouswaters.exe
AppVer : 0.1.0.4
ModName : navalsimengine.dll
ModVer : 0.1.0.5
Offset : 0003dc67

I need in this scenario.

goldorak
16-09-2009, 23:53
I need in this scenario.

Ok, I will send it to you.

goldorak
16-09-2009, 23:58
It not the bug.

However is a known problem with the secondary weapon.

I shall bring a simple and clear example:

The missile SS-N-27 ASM in addition LWAMI - had 2 stage.

Thus there was a following funny thing - player killed the target by a missile SS-N-27 ASM (and if to be exacter - second stage of this missile which was generated from the first stage) - however brifing of mission not distinguish it - that is brifing did not appropriate in a field of the player this killed target.

At generation of the second stage, the parental communication is lost. The second stage of a SS-N-27 missile - IS NOT CONSIDERED as a missile of the player.

In a case -RA- we notice same - generation of a final torpedo occurs by a complex way : SUB ---- > Missile ---- > Chute ---- > Torpedo.

Thus parental connection also is lost. Thus, this torpedo - NOT a TORPEDO of the PLAYER turns out that.
Therefore and on a navigating map she is not shown. The alien torpedo is considered what is it.

For network missions it is necessary to bypass this problem with the help of triggers stipulating this problem - for offset to the player which has killed the target.

Ah, so its a limit of DW then.
If I understand correctly in multiplayer the player that launches subrocs and sinks targets is not notified that he killed the target/s.
Unless we attach triggers to the different possibile targets.

fitzcarraldo
17-09-2009, 00:45
Many thanks...!!!!:D

How to install this new version? Overwrite the RA mod beta? On a new instalation of DW?

I have the beta version of RA installed...

Thanks...

Fitzcarraldo :157:

goldorak
17-09-2009, 02:54
Reinstall from zero DW, apply patch 1.04 and then install DWX/RA 1.0.

fitzcarraldo
17-09-2009, 05:18
Ok, many thanks!

Fitzcarraldo :D

Jaf
17-09-2009, 12:55
I repeat for our foreign friends:

There is a problem with "freezing" BB and NB sonars on 212, 212A, Collins and Harushio.
This occurs if you go to the "Options" or "USNI_Reference" menu and return back to the game.
This is due to the difficulty of docking interfaces. (Thanks to Sonalysts)

We are working to resolve this problem, but who knows...

cayman
17-09-2009, 14:08
Hey, guys!
Great work in RA_1.0 Bad news for me though, just when I finished my own mod---base the RA_beta,add on Euro Subs like (Astute; Le Triomphant, I upload some pics on subsim), Chinese 093 SSN on going, then you release the 1.0, now I have to do it agin------------that's the disadvantage of dlls hacking, no easy "copy and paste"

So, I just go on and play the brand new 1.0, if there is anything, I'll let you know, Let's rock it out

goldorak
17-09-2009, 14:18
Hi,

Can somebody tell me what coverage does the active intercept have ?
I couldn't find this info nowhere. Its not 360 degrees coverage, but something that covers from bearing 270 to 90 more or less. Is this correct ?
:192:

cayman
17-09-2009, 15:45
Can't use "DWEdit" anymore, notice tips like: "You are loading a database with a version lower than DW 1.04 It will be automatically converted to DW Version 1.04 format"

any solution?

cayman
17-09-2009, 17:35
another bugs: "Typhoon U" can't be loaded in any scenario, every time it crash. but the other two Typhoon classes are good

goldorak
17-09-2009, 19:21
another bugs: "Typhoon U" can't be loaded in any scenario, every time it crash. but the other two Typhoon classes are good

The Typhoon bug is already known and its being worked on.

fitzcarraldo
17-09-2009, 19:38
Great job!!! The Red October Typhoon looks great!!

Regardless the OS: the mod works fine in my Windows Vista Home Basic.

Some questions:

-How to change the voices to "english" and "english accent" to all subs? I don´t like those russians speaking with "hollywood" english accent!!!:42:

-I want to add a new navy and/or new units to an existent navy (f.e: I want to add an Akula to the italian navy). How to make that? With DW database editor? I did that in Alfa Tau, but with this mod it's possible?

-The 212s have the interfaces of Seawolf nuke sub. It´s correct for the diesel sub?

many thanks!

Fitzcarraldo :)

goldorak
17-09-2009, 21:24
-The 212s have the interfaces of Seawolf nuke sub. It´s correct for the diesel sub?

It was necessary in order to give the Type 212/Harushio/Collins the towed array as they have it in real life.

cayman
17-09-2009, 22:01
Good to know that the Typhoon issue is being work on

my urgent problem is the DWEdit isue(cause I'm going to add on Astute and Le Triomphant class), I'm guessing the whole database was edited by using the "DWEdit" by -JSteed instead of "DWEdit" by Ludger Stura?

BTW: the "F10" Laser Station, genius idea, excellent!

fitzcarraldo
18-09-2009, 00:55
@goldorak: many thanks...:D

@cayman: What editor use you to add a new unit?

I want desperatly add an Akula to the italian navy...

Thanks

Fitzcarraldo

goldorak
18-09-2009, 02:58
During multiplayer multistation several new bugs were uncovered.

1 - It is impossibile to do multistation on the Virginia, as the firing station is never listed as one of the stations to be assigned.

2 - On the Akula Gepard you cannot assign the laser finder station (F10 station).

:)

Jaf
18-09-2009, 12:11

1 - It is impossibile to do multistation on the Virginia, as the firing station is never listed as one of the stations to be assigned.

2 - On the Akula Gepard you cannot assign the laser finder station (F10 station).

Thank you for your report.
Test, please, other platforms for similar bugs.

CrazyIvan
18-09-2009, 15:35
Can't use "DWEdit" anymore, notice tips like: "You are loading a database with a version lower than DW 1.04 It will be automatically converted to DW Version 1.04 format"

any solution?

To create own BD - for yours a Mod.

We do not welcome - imposing of extraneous additions on above -RA-

Sorry.

CrazyIvan
18-09-2009, 15:45

OK.

We eliminate this bug.

Now:
Tuphoon U - is repaired and is capable for User Control.
The problem of "freezing" sonars at 212; Collins and Harushio - also is completely solved.

Tnx for bug report !

cayman
18-09-2009, 17:13
To create own BD - for yours a Mod.

We do not welcome - imposing of extraneous additions on above -RA-

Sorry.

oh, bummer:( But I think you should mention that in the "readme" or "INFO".

Anyhow, this policy is understandable, but also there are a lot of 3D model in RA can be improved, planes, ship..etc. I learnt that you borrowed some models from the FC mods NWP. I have some models originally created for FC, mod's name CFC, some of them looks better in DW than the NWP, like the Su-27.....all those Su-series plane and many other planes and ships(mainly warships, lately in list ), I think that could perfect the game, if you like, I could send them to your team.

Another thing: do you recall I sent you some Interface Pictures of 'Song' Class last year? If you have some plan might use that, I could also send those to you. after all, hexing job for one man's work is too hard to finish all:84:. so, if there is anything I could help, let me know :)

goldorak
18-09-2009, 19:37
Thank you for your report.
Test, please, other platforms for similar bugs.

Absolutely, I already have in program to test all RA playable units in multiplayer multistation and report back problems.

goldorak
18-09-2009, 23:12
Hi,

I've tested with another player named Sertore, RA units in normal multiplayer and multiplayer-multistation modes. Here's our findings :

In normal multiplayer there is no problem, each playable unit can be assigned and once in the game the player can access all the stations without problems. Yes even on the Virginia.

In multiplayer multistation mode things are a bit more complex.
The Virginia didn't have the firing station (but this bug is already corrected).
For the other playable units, if a unit has stations with the SAME NAME then conflicts arise. For instance in the subs (Lada, Seawolf, Virginia, Akula II improved, Collins, Type 212, etc..) all subs that have 2 periscopes stations (the normal one, and the laser finiding station) once you assign the stations to the players, if you go back to the assign station screen you'll find :

1 - that there are duplicate entries for periscopes (3 in this case, 2 assigned and one not assigned) as shown here :

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/6061/dump01343062.th.jpg (http://img21.imageshack.us/i/dump01343062.jpg/)

or

2 - there are no duplicate entries but one of the periscope stations results unassigned. And if you try to enter the mission, there is an error message stating that conflicts have arisen between stations.

The Udaloy for instance has 2 firing stations, BUT it does not suffer from the conflict problem the subs have. Why ? Because we found out that the two firing stations are named differently (weaponstation1 and weaponstation2).
So in this case multistation works.

But for subs, the 2 periscopes stations are named the same, periscope and periscope thats I think the reason why we have these conflicts.
I suppose this bug can be resolved simply be giving 2 different names to the 2 periscope stations. Call them persicope1 and periscope2.

fitzcarraldo
19-09-2009, 00:50
The corrected version (without Typhoon bug and 212 sonar bug), is on page one of the forum? (links to download?)

I´ve download those archives on page one and installed the mod on september 14...This version 14-09-2009 is the mod without the bugs?

The new doctrine file must overwrite the doctrines of the 14-09-2009 version?

I see the original post of version DWX RA 1.00 remain with the same date (14-09-2009)...

I'm so confused with the recent patches...:132:

Many thanks

fitzcarraldo
19-09-2009, 00:53
OK.

We eliminate this bug.

Now:
Tuphoon U - is repaired and is capable for User Control.
The problem of "freezing" sonars at 212; Collins and Harushio - also is completely solved.

Tnx for bug report !

Where can I download this patches?

Thanks...

Jaf
19-09-2009, 01:10

Thanks...

Wait, please.
Will be announced about release of update.

goldorak
19-09-2009, 01:12

Thanks...

Nowhere for the moment, they are not released yet.
The patches available are only to fix doctrine problems.

fitzcarraldo
19-09-2009, 01:18
Ok, many thanks!!

The doctrine fix resolves the "agressivity problem" of the AI Subs?

CrazyIvan
19-09-2009, 11:49
Hi,

I've tested with another player named Sertore, RA units in normal multiplayer and multiplayer-multistation modes. Here's our findings :

In normal multiplayer there is no problem, each playable unit can be assigned and once in the game the player can access all the stations without problems. Yes even on the Virginia.

In multiplayer multistation mode things are a bit more complex.
The Virginia didn't have the firing station (but this bug is already corrected).
For the other playable units, if a unit has stations with the SAME NAME then conflicts arise. For instance in the subs (Lada, Seawolf, Virginia, Akula II improved, Collins, Type 212, etc..) all subs that have 2 periscopes stations (the normal one, and the laser finiding station) once you assign the stations to the players, if you go back to the assign station screen you'll find :

1 - that there are duplicate entries for periscopes (3 in this case, 2 assigned and one not assigned) as shown here :

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/6061/dump01343062.th.jpg (http://img21.imageshack.us/i/dump01343062.jpg/)

or

2 - there are no duplicate entries but one of the periscope stations results unassigned. And if you try to enter the mission, there is an error message stating that conflicts have arisen between stations.

The Udaloy for instance has 2 firing stations, BUT it does not suffer from the conflict problem the subs have. Why ? Because we found out that the two firing stations are named differently (weaponstation1 and weaponstation2).
So in this case multistation works.

But for subs, the 2 periscopes stations are named the same, periscope and periscope thats I think the reason why we have these conflicts.
I suppose this bug can be resolved simply be giving 2 different names to the 2 periscope stations. Call them persicope1 and periscope2.

Tnx!
This Bug has been removed.

suBB
19-09-2009, 23:13
Some observations made on RA_DWX_1.00

A. Sturgeon(short) & LA flt 1 hulls:

Either HF sonar not working, or has been disabled for these hulls.

B. Collins, 212A, Trenchant, Lada, Virginia, Seawolf, akula 2, akula 2 improved hulls:

I assume this is the photonic mast that has the same periscope icon, but assigned to the F10 key. There appears to be a typo in the mouse over on this icon. When you move the mouse over it, it says ‘ship control F10’

C. Collins, Harushio, 212, 212A, Trenchant, Virginia, Trafalgar hulls:

Rig bow planes command doesn’t work. If it should then it’s a bug. If not then it should be removed from visible sight(if possible). Since 212 & 212A don’t have bowplanes, I think the icon should be removed from visible sight.

D. CTD:

Selecting typhoon U hull in mission(not just quick mission) causes CTD

glanced at the surface and air units, nothing seemed out of ordinary.

Thanks for a great mod!!

otherwise, thanks for a great mod!!

Rosencrantz
19-09-2009, 23:50
Reporting problem with TK-208's missile tube number 7; hatch didn't closed after test launch of SLBM.

Greetings,
-RC-

goldorak
20-09-2009, 09:28
Some observations made on RA_DWX_1.00

A. Sturgeon(short) & LA flt 1 hulls:

Either HF sonar not working, or has been disabled for these hulls.

It has been disabled.

B. Collins, 212A, Trenchant, Lada, Virginia, Seawolf, akula 2, akula 2 improved hulls:

I assume this is the photonic mast that has the same periscope icon, but assigned to the F10 key. There appears to be a typo in the mouse over on this icon. When you move the mouse over it, it says ‘ship control F10’

Disable tool tips and you won't see these incongruencies.

C. Collins, Harushio, 212, 212A, Trenchant, Virginia, Trafalgar hulls:

Rig bow planes command doesn’t work. If it should then it’s a bug. If not then it should be removed from visible sight(if possible). Since 212 & 212A don’t have bowplanes, I think the icon should be removed from visible sight.

Yes the Type 212A and 212 don't have bow planes, but they have sail planes.
Just imagine the button in the control station refers to the sail planes (even if it read bow planes). A little venial mistake.

D. CTD:

Selecting typhoon U hull in mission(not just quick mission) causes CTD

Known bug and already fixed.

goldorak
20-09-2009, 09:30
In the Iranian Kilo, if you fire the Great Prophet, you can hear the message "torpedo is running normally" but the track on the navmap disappears.

suBB
20-09-2009, 10:31
It has been disabled.

Disable tool tips and you won't see these incongruencies.

Yes the Type 212A and 212 don't have bow planes, but they have sail planes.
Just imagine the button in the control station refers to the sail planes (even if it read bow planes). A little venial mistake.

Known bug and already fixed.

thanks for the clarity...

I haven't been following the threads, but what is the story with RA AI subs.. last I glanced in the forums they were just fish fodder and did nothing but sit around...

goldorak
20-09-2009, 11:21
thanks for the clarity...

I haven't been following the threads, but what is the story with RA AI subs.. last I glanced in the forums they were just fish fodder and did nothing but sit around...

The mod was released with out of date doctrines, the update released 1 or 2 days ago fixed this problem.

cayman
20-09-2009, 11:47
Hi

I have another Question:

Is shedulded, for the German Submarine "Type 212", to integrate the "IDAS" System? It is a sub - launched, AA - missile wich is loaded in a 4x magazine for one torpedo tube.

The range is 20 kilometers, the guidiance runs with an infrared heat seeker.

Falconsix

I'd made a series of Sub-Air missiles, include IDAS(German) Polyphem(French) AIM-9X(US), they can be launched underwater , self-guided strike Helo ; ASW Plane ; small Surface ship or coastline land target, so,that prove the concept is viable in the Game.
Now, with the RA_mod's Laser station, it might work better.

little tech problem: "a 4x magazine for one torpedo tube"(that's reality according to the web resource), I can make it 4X missiles in one tube by messing the wpnloadout.dll, but problem is I can't launch them one by one, due to the FCLP.dll limit, I can't make it happen. the best I can do is launch 4 of them at once----that make no difference than launch 1 missile

cayman
20-09-2009, 12:58

Any Ideas?

Another European torpedo: Black-Shark, does have the Wake sensor
here is the official document: http://www.wass.it/WASSWEB/brochure/black_shark.pdf

According to the internet info , can tell that Black-shark(also known as IF21) is a better torpedo than DM2A4, and it already serve in several navies: France Italy Chile, and possible in German, it's a major killer now, so may I suggest RA team consider add this baby in the mod?

CrazyIvan
20-09-2009, 13:49
In the Iranian Kilo, if you fire the Great Prophet, you can hear the message "torpedo is running normally" but the track on the navmap disappears.

Fixed.

goldorak
20-09-2009, 16:01
According to the weapons info document, the missile variant of the MPT-1UE torpedo can target surface and subsurface targets
Active or passive mode torpedo set by random method in doctrine.

Testing done by fellow players have confirmed that the random method is not working, the MPT-1UE always uses passive search.
Not once has it used active search at least when targeting subs.

Looking at the doctrine files, it seems the value is locked at PASSIVE instead of allowing true randomness between passive and active.

The same problem occurs with the Silex (asroc that carries an UMGT-1 torpedo). According to the weapons info document, the torpedo should be able to use either active or passive homing based on a random method in the doctrine. Testing revealed that
the random method doesn't work, the torpedo always uses passive search.

falconsix
20-09-2009, 18:40
Yep, i have already read things like this on Subsim, and in my opinion, it is very interesting to shoot down some annoying ASW Helicopters.^^ Currently i just make the new Countdown Movie, and then ill take a look to your work! :)

cayman
21-09-2009, 07:33
Yep, i have already read things like this on Subsim, and in my opinion, it is very interesting to shoot down some annoying ASW Helicopters.

not only interesting, but it can drive the whole game into a different level. normal low-speed ASW planes or helicopters won't get any guarantee survival, then you can bring in Su-32 FN----the only known supersonic ASW plane ever made

CrazyIvan
21-09-2009, 10:08
Now, time reload SAM launchers for users, has been increased up to 30 seconds (instead - 13 seconds default).

What idea of time of a reloads of the main torpedoes tubes by different sub are?

We can establish it to real parameters.

goldorak
21-09-2009, 11:19
Now, time reload SAM launchers for users, has been increased up to 30 seconds (instead - 13 seconds default).

Very nice !!! :D
Now if subs want to go hunting air units, they better be prepared for first shot = kill.

Jaf
21-09-2009, 17:30
Состряпал страничку, чтобы хоть как-то всё упорядочить:
http://www.ra-dwx.narod.ru

(не стреляйте в пианиста...)

Fearless
21-09-2009, 17:42
Howdy all,

Tried to download pt1 and 2 but doesn't work. Only get about 8kb file :52:

Jaf
21-09-2009, 17:57
Howdy all,

Tried to download pt1 and 2 but doesn't work. Only get about 8kb file :52:

Try from http://seashadows.org/index.php?seashadows=download#DW

goldorak
21-09-2009, 18:09
Состряпал страничку, чтобы хоть как-то всё упорядочить:
http://www.ra-dwx.narod.ru

(не стреляйте в пианиста...)

Hi,

What does this patch fix ? :52:

Jaf
21-09-2009, 18:19
Hi,

What does this patch fix ? :52:

BB and NB "Freezing" (212, 212A, Collins, Harushio)

Some fixes in doctrines (current cumulative pack)

goldorak
21-09-2009, 19:35
The wire antenna in the Lada is not operational.
Is this a bug or the feature was intentionally disabled ?

Fearless
21-09-2009, 19:38
Howdy,

I get an error "Error 12010 bitmap failed to load" when I go into weapons loadout screen before I go into the sim for the Collins Class sub. Also, when I am in game and go to the weapons station of the Collins Class, pressing the countermeasures button doesn't bring up the countermeasures control panel.

CrazyIvan
22-09-2009, 11:08
The wire antenna in the Lada is not operational.
Is this a bug or the feature was intentionally disabled ?

It fixed.
Also as Alrosa FW.

CrazyIvan
22-09-2009, 11:11
Howdy,

I get an error "Error 12010 bitmap failed to load" when I go into weapons loadout screen before I go into the sim for the Collins Class sub. Also, when I am in game and go to the weapons station of the Collins Class, pressing the countermeasures button doesn't bring up the countermeasures control panel.

Try Reinstal mod.

Jaf
22-09-2009, 17:18
Проведём эксперимент:
Заходим в меню "QuickMission"
Выбираем любую лодку и любой тип миссии. Жмём OK.
В следующем окне жмём "Cancel" и в следующем тоже "Cancel".
Далее нажимаем "Missions" и....
попадаем в меню выбора миссий, а миссий-то нету!!!

Не надо пугаться, это наши добрые "сами знаете кто" сделали так, как будто мы уже нажали кнопку "Saved"

Если даже в простом меню такие штучки они не моли поправить за столько лет своей упорной работы, то что тогда говорить о физике и математике, заложенной в движок...
Как говорится: NO COMMENTS...

Make experiment:
Go in the menu "QuickMission"
Choose any boat and any type of mission. Click OK.
In the next window, click "Cancel" and in the next window click "Cancel" too.
Then press the "Missions" and ....
we get a menu to choose the missions, but noone missions there!

Do not be afraid, this is "you know who" they did so as though we had already pushed the button "Saved"

If they do not correct such things even in a simple menu for so many years of his hard work, then what to talk about physics and mathematics, embodied in the game engine...
As the saying goes: NO COMMENTS...

CrazyIvan
22-09-2009, 19:11
Проведём эксперимент:
Заходим в меню "QuickMission"
Выбираем любую лодку и любой тип миссии. Жмём OK.
В следующем окне жмём "Cancel" и в следующем тоже "Cancel".
Далее нажимаем "Missions" и....
попадаем в меню выбора миссий, а миссий-то нету!!!

Не надо пугаться, это наши добрые "сами знаете кто" сделали так, как будто мы уже нажали кнопку "Saved"

Если даже в простом меню такие штучки они не моли поправить за столько лет своей упорной работы, то что тогда говорить о физике и математике, заложенной в движок...
Как говорится: NO COMMENTS...

Вообщето тут на английском принято постить...

Rosencrantz
22-09-2009, 21:25
Delta III skins appear to be all-white. Frozen subs? ;)

Greetings,
-RC-

CrazyIvan
22-09-2009, 21:31

Greetings,
-RC-

Non normal install -RA- addittion.

goldorak
22-09-2009, 22:44

Greetings,
-RC-

If you installed the mod correctly, be sure to ALWAYS enter the weapon loadout screen before starting a mission. Otherwise strange problems can occur such as firing station not working, maybe graphic problems etc...

kpv1974
23-09-2009, 01:00
Вообщето тут на английском принято постить...

Иногда на великом языке тоже можно :P .

Fearless
23-09-2009, 06:45
All working now. Thanks CrazyIvan. :)

One question though, There doesn't seem to be a lot of weapon storage for the Collins Class. Is that correct? Just wondering.

A link on the specs for the Collins Class is Here (http://www.asc.com.au/aspx/submarines_features_specifications.aspx)

CrazyIvan
23-09-2009, 09:33
All working now. Thanks CrazyIvan. :)

One question though, There doesn't seem to be a lot of weapon storage for the Collins Class. Is that correct? Just wondering.

A link on the specs for the Collins Class is Here (http://www.asc.com.au/aspx/submarines_features_specifications.aspx)

I read.

Weapons: Mk48 Heavyweight torpedoes and sub-harpoon missiles

In game loadouts unless not so?

Fearless
23-09-2009, 10:33
I read.

Weapons: Mk48 Heavyweight torpedoes and sub-harpoon missiles

In game loadouts unless not so?

Thanks for that, just one more question if I may, The TA on the Collins class is totally distorted and rendered unuseable when sub speed is 9 kts and faster. Is that correct?