Вернуться   Red Rodgers > Запасная полоса > S.C.S. Dangerous Waters

Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 10-03-2011, 08:06   #1501
Fearless
Senior Aircraftsman

Confused with installing

Ok,

I'm a bit confused in installing this mod.

There are 4 parts to this and all have a .bat file.

What is the correct procedure in installing this mod as each part would over-write each other
Старый 10-03-2011, 11:44   #1502
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Start Explorer.

Open a folder where there is an archive of addition.
Click with the right button of the mouse on RA_OPFOR_DWX_1_31.part01.rar
In the menu will choose item " Extract To RA_OPFOR_DWX_1_31 "

After unpacking, transfer a folder RA_OPFOR_DWX_1_31 and bat a file to a folder with game.

Start bat a file.
CrazyIvan вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 10-03-2011, 13:51   #1503
Panzermensch
Corporal

thanks 4 patching up!
Panzermensch вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 12-03-2011, 20:23   #1504
dd149
Sergeant

Some members of French team played a multiplayer game with the Polish team (5 players) with no problems.(Version 1.31 B)
dd149 вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 12-03-2011, 22:13   #1505
sertore
Sergeant

Little bug: on Lada is not possible remove Mine at starting weapons loadout. At least 1 mine is currently set. I know that the same problem is present on another sub, but now I do not remember the name. Thanks
sertore вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 18-03-2011, 22:43   #1506
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Exclamation NEW OPTION

Location depth of the towed array sensor on a submarine

Screen *1: the sub follows on depth of 100 meters with speed of 7 kts.
Saggings of towed array is not observed. The contact from the ship on bearing 44 degrees is observed.
The rule of towed set is considered so:

Akula Draft: = 9.34 m

Towed Array Pod: located at 6.3 m.

9.34 + 6.3 = 14.36 m. and +2 m (system constant) = ~ 16 meters above lowest point sub.

100 meters (current depth) - 16 meters = 84 meters current position sensor.

Screen *2: the depth of a layer - 139 meters Is submitted.

Screen *3: There was a reduction of speed of a sub up to 2 kts.
Immersing cable of towed array set up to depth of 138 meters. The sensor control is higher than a layer.
The signal on bearing 48 degrees still is present.

Screen *4: the sensor control was lowered below than depth of a layer - 142 meters. The signal of the surface ship on bearing 48 degrees, was lost. Now sensor control works under a layer.

=================================================
This situation, shows - if in mission there are ships, the situation of a sensor control under a layer is easy for determining.

However - if in the mission there are no presented surface ships, the player actually can not know - what depth he supervises - UNDER a LAYER or ABOVE a LAYER.

The new option - allows it to have.

We have brought in some randomised element of failure of this option. Sometimes, the player can not receive any data on depth of a sensor control.

Friends - any critics waiting.
Миниатюры
Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: TA_Dpth_1.jpg
Просмотров: 868
Размер:	275.5 Кб
ID:	9111   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: TA_Dpth_2.jpg
Просмотров: 885
Размер:	217.2 Кб
ID:	9112   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: TA_Dpth_3.jpg
Просмотров: 669
Размер:	278.0 Кб
ID:	9113   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: TA_Dpth_4.jpg
Просмотров: 830
Размер:	277.1 Кб
ID:	9114  

Последний раз редактировалось CrazyIvan; 18-03-2011 в 23:44.
Старый 19-03-2011, 01:00   #1507
sertore
Sergeant

Цитата:
Сообщение от CrazyIvan Посмотреть сообщение

Saggings of towed array is not observed. The contact from the ship on bearing 44 degrees is observed.

9.34 + 6.3 = 14.36 m. and +2 m (system constant) = ~ 16 meters above lowest point sub.

Immersing cable of towed array set up to depth of 138 meters. The sensor control is higher than a layer.

Screen *4: the sensor control was lowered below than depth of a layer - 142 meters. The signal of the surface ship on bearing 48 degrees, was lost. Now sensor control works under a layer.

This situation, shows - if in mission there are ships, the situation of a sensor control under a layer is easy for determining.

However - if in the mission there are no presented surface ships, the player actually can not know - what depth he supervises - UNDER a LAYER or ABOVE a LAYER.

We have brought in some randomised element of failure of this option. Sometimes, the player can not receive any data on depth of a sensor control.

Interesting point: we are starting discussion on Betasom and will reply soon. Thanks to Krabb's for new feature and RA team to supporting it.

EDIT: first question: as you know, TA is a wire with multiple microphones on it. Why you lost contact with surface units when under layer? If submarine remain above layer, in any case some microphones should remain with it, and the surface contact should be added to the contact under the layer, not removed... or not? Maybe is the TA depth the depth of the first microphone of the wire? How the new sytem works in case of crossing of layer by submarine from below to above the layer? Please explain. Thanks

PS: another little graphic bug: SSP screen profile rulers for 212A still in feet, even if data and layer are draw in m.

Последний раз редактировалось sertore; 19-03-2011 в 01:21.
Старый 19-03-2011, 01:08   #1508
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

To Sertore:

Thank for Krabb's is there was a really difficult problem.

This man - cool. As never - Serious.
Старый 19-03-2011, 01:21   #1509
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

To Sertore:

The contact is lost - because the sensor control has appeared under a layer.

You do not know what the layer limits detectability?
What here not clear?

It always so was. (In stock DW)

We simply have designated it visually

PS: The contollable ship has the indications of depth TA.

Why sub can not have it?

>>PS: another little graphic bug: SSP screen profile rulers for 212A still in feet, even if data and layer are draw in m.

Be guided by the indications of meaning in meters.

As, figure - actually deceit.

Only value of depth a layer is urgent.

All graphic's tables at station scale SSP a window- dressing. Only LAYER DEPTH value- TRUE.

Последний раз редактировалось CrazyIvan; 19-03-2011 в 19:46.
Старый 19-03-2011, 01:43   #1510
sertore
Sergeant

Цитата:
To Sertore:

The contact is lost - because the sensor control has appeared under a layer.

You do not know what the layer limits detectability?
What here not clear?

It always so was. (In stock DW)

We simply have designated it visually

PS: The contollable ship has the indications of depth TA.

Why sub can not have it?
OK, got the point. I was wrongly supposing to extend the stock feature of game. You know the tactic to hear below layer with sub above and viceversa using slow speed to let TA going depth or leaving it below layer in case of slow surfacing at low speed: I thought to manage the 1/2 TA above and the 1/2 TA below the layer as 2 different and working sensors. Anyway I understood now. Brilliant work, big enhancement vs. original game, great job Krabb! Discussion will start at Betasom too. Thanks.

Цитата:
>>PS: another little graphic bug: SSP screen profile rulers for 212A still in feet, even if data and layer are draw in m.
Be guided by the indications of meaning in meters. As, figure - actually deceit.
Only meaning of depth of a layer is urgent. All rest at station scale SSP a window-dressing. Only LAEYR DEPTH value- TRUE.
Layer depth line is draw correctly and write at correct meter value on feet ruler. SSP lines are wrong because draw in feet.
Anyway I agree: it is not a problem, just cosmetic.Thanks

Последний раз редактировалось sertore; 19-03-2011 в 02:02.
Старый 19-03-2011, 03:35   #1511
Panzermensch
Corporal

Цитата:

Sounds awesome!
Have you planned to release this feature soon or in a future version of DMX? And will this be available on all subs?
My team is very looking forward to this great enhancement!
Panzermensch вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 19-03-2011, 14:11   #1512
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

It will be possible and on other submarines - which use the interface sonar broadband from SSN21.
The check is required.

Los-Angeles SSN, initially there is no parameter SNR.
Старый 19-03-2011, 14:17   #1513
Invicible
Leading Aircraftsman

The depth Location of the towed array sensor on a submarine is a great step forward.

Is Very useful the horizontal location of the towed array!as well as the depth.

The SNR with the rate Bearing are useless in DW , represent two information unusable.
In the future we will see fixed even the Bearing Rate!!!
Invicible вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 20-03-2011, 11:09   #1514
Fearless
Senior Aircraftsman

Is it possible to reduce the distortion level for the towed array on the Collins class sub. At 10 kts it still distorts greatly. the only sensor that has no probs is the Sphere
Старый 21-03-2011, 00:49   #1515
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
Сообщение от Fearless Посмотреть сообщение
Is it possible to reduce the distortion level for the towed array on the Collins class sub. At 10 kts it still distorts greatly. the only sensor that has no probs is the Sphere

It not the sole submarine on which TA deforms the data on 10 kts.

It is a coastal submarine (red water operational) and not Hunter/Killer.

Advantages of this towed array that on shallow to water, it has ability to job in very small speeds.

While by other subs the sensor control will touch bottom and to give dust on the display, the sensor control Collins is less subject to this defect.
Старый 21-03-2011, 02:21   #1516
Fearless
Senior Aircraftsman

Thanks for the heads up CrazyIvan
Старый 22-03-2011, 03:50   #1517
Snipt
Leading Aircraftsman

Okay, i don't want to look complaining after all the great work you guys done, but there is a little problem that has come to my attention (maybe to others as well dunno). The problem i am about to describe concerns especially AI launched ASROC torpedos (missile torpedoes in general) but i also observed it on a MK48 ADCAP launched from a Seawolf.

There are different ways this "bug" shows, i will highlight the 2 ways it did for me here.

1. An ASW-missile gets launched from an (AI-controled) AkulaII submarine 10 miles away, it impacts the water 2 miles south of me on the opposite side of the layer. Now you would think this torpedo would start circling round with active sonar trying to locate a target? Wrong. By some means it seems to be perfectly aware of my location and heads straight towards me without the use of active sonar, and it hits and kills me.

2.After some knifefighting with a (AI-controled) Seawolf class submarine less then 2 miles from my own location said Seawolf launches a ripple of 3 MK 48 ADCAPs against me, like it has done numerous times before in the same scenario. I successfully evade the torpedos like i did before get myself into a nice counterfire position and prepare to launch a deadly hit on my target. All the sudden "BOOOM" i get hit by an ADCAP that seemingly did not enjoy the idea to be counted out and just turned around silently homing on my submarine and without any further warning strikes me down.

These things i only noticed on AI launched weaponry so far, guess it has to do with the Doctrine files. Since my scripting abilities on these are poor i just wanna ask someone to implement a corrected version for an update of this mod, as trouble like this also concerns MP games soon as AI units are involved and is certainly not a joyful thing when your battle achievements are listed in a Clan stat.

Cheers
Snipt
Snipt вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 22-03-2011, 04:02   #1518
Snipt
Leading Aircraftsman

Oh, one more thing i'd like to add to this. I found that on the SSN 21 class submarines there are no interface and crew sounds, quite confusing when you consider these sounds were provided by the stock version of the game. Not linked maybe?

It does not have to be perfect, the models you implemented are adding a big deal of perfection already. For having it playable without constantly having to keep an eye on the message bar it would be nice to hear the crew though regardless of the accuracy of the made statements. Just pick the sounds already there, im pretty glad with that already although i like all the new sounds you guys have added to this
Snipt вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 23-03-2011, 14:37   #1519
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
Сообщение от Snipt Посмотреть сообщение
Oh, one more thing i'd like to add to this. I found that on the SSN 21 class submarines there are no interface and crew sounds, quite confusing when you consider these sounds were provided by the stock version of the game. Not linked maybe?

It does not have to be perfect, the models you implemented are adding a big deal of perfection already. For having it playable without constantly having to keep an eye on the message bar it would be nice to hear the crew though regardless of the accuracy of the made statements. Just pick the sounds already there, im pretty glad with that already although i like all the new sounds you guys have added to this
Which sounds?
Старый 23-03-2011, 14:40   #1520
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

To: Snipt

> the sudden "BOOOM" i get hit by an ADCAP that seemingly did not enjoy the idea to be counted out and just turned around silently homing on my submarine and without any further warning strikes me down.

Obviously that you dealed with a PASSIVE mode of a torpedo.
Ответ