Red Rodgers  

Вернуться   Red Rodgers > Запасная полоса > S.C.S. Dangerous Waters

Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 04-12-2008, 17:00   #1
goldorak
Sergeant

Hi,

and thanks for making available a forum where we can discuss this stunning mod. Thank you very much.

CrazyIvan is correct, if you make it so it is possibile to receive TIW from transients, the cwis becomes totally useless against tsam missiles.
This is a bug of the game engine.
It is present in lwami, but not in AT (where you don't get TIW from transients).
I think that for gameplay purposes this is a case where we should do with no TIW from transients. Otherwise players on the frigate (and not everyone plays the subs) will be sitting ducks in every mission.
goldorak вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 04-12-2008, 18:31   #2
Hitman_SN
Aircraftsman

привет!

Thanks for repying about the current version. I'm looking forward to the next one

Meanwhile, I want to make some comments about the interfaces:

The Oscar II is one of my favourite units, but in RA it is based in the Akula, having 8 tubes for normal load (That's correct) but only 6 for the SSN-19

In Alfa Tau 3, the base unit used is the 688, and that allows the Oscar to have 4 torpedo tubes only, but 12 VLS for the SSN-19

The problem with the option taken by RA is that 8 SSN-19 are clearly not enought to penetrate an american task force and reach a carrier if there are AEGIS units present. (Sometimes not even in AT3!!)

There are two possible solutions you can consider:

1) Using the 688 as base, and giving the Oscar the 12 VLS tubes. I think that is a good solution because the torpedo tubes of the Oscar are mainly defensive, so a big firepower is not needed.

2) Modifying the SSN-19 penetration capacity, so that those 8 missiles have the same chances of getting through that 24 of the real ones. This last option would also be interesting because in multiplayer with AT3 we have suffered heavy lag if someone plays as the Oscar and puts suddenly the 12 SS-N 19 missiles in the air together.

One more thing concerning the interfaces:

Would it be possible to equip the Kilo weapons panel (6 tubes) in teh Victor 3, like the Alfa already has got?

спасибо!!!

Последний раз редактировалось Hitman_SN; 04-12-2008 в 19:34.
Hitman_SN вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 04-12-2008, 22:00   #3
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
Сообщение от goldorak Посмотреть сообщение
Hi,

and thanks for making available a forum where we can discuss this stunning mod. Thank you very much.

CrazyIvan is correct, if you make it so it is possibile to receive TIW from transients, the cwis becomes totally useless against tsam missiles.
This is a bug of the game engine.
It is present in lwami, but not in AT (where you don't get TIW from transients).
I think that for gameplay purposes this is a case where we should do with no TIW from transients. Otherwise players on the frigate (and not everyone plays the subs) will be sitting ducks in every mission.

TIW for transient is left only for UGM TLAMs.

ASM of a missile have level SL 90 points, and CAN be traced on BB Sonar.
CrazyIvan вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 04-12-2008, 22:28   #4
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Efficiency SS-N-19 very high -

1. The rocket distinguishes an aircraft carrier in group,
2. Has Countermeasures,
3. Can make maneuverability of evasion on height,
4. Distinguishes Countermeaured from Target-Victim
5. Besides - you can start at once 14 rockets per salvo (8 internal and 6 outside silos)

Restart also possible - after reloads.
The interface 688 will not give such opportunity.

Rather Victor-III. The weapon Stations kilos have one large lack - weapon is limited on depth of start. The torpedos cannot be started below 240 meters (or about it).
Probably that it is hardcoded we no can it remove.

Certainly to alter interfaces it is possible.
However - all have pluss and minuses.
CrazyIvan вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Ответ