Red Rodgers  

Вернуться   Red Rodgers > Запасная полоса > S.C.S. Dangerous Waters

Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 28-01-2011, 10:56   #1
sertore
Sergeant

Exclamation [BUG] Possible bug on multistation session

Dear RA team, we experienced some troubles in starting a multiplayer session with the same unit class used multiple times (I insert the Akula II Improved for 3 players, 2 on the same side).

You can find attached the scenario that we were not able to start on a multistation session due to message "Not all station assigned" for side 0: obviously we are sure that every player selected all the stations, assigning them to itself or to its partner in case of effective multistation, but it did not work; everything works fine if you play the scenario in single player.

Can you please check to give us further directions for missions editing?

Thanks in adance for help.
Вложения
Тип файла: zip _ms_romeo.zip (4.0 Кб, 552 просмотров)
sertore вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 31-01-2011, 17:37   #2
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
Сообщение от sertore Посмотреть сообщение
Dear RA team, we experienced some troubles in starting a multiplayer session with the same unit class used multiple times (I insert the Akula II Improved for 3 players, 2 on the same side).

You can find attached the scenario that we were not able to start on a multistation session due to message "Not all station assigned" for side 0: obviously we are sure that every player selected all the stations, assigning them to itself or to its partner in case of effective multistation, but it did not work; everything works fine if you play the scenario in single player.

Can you please check to give us further directions for missions editing?

Thanks in adance for help.
Try this update.
Вложения
Тип файла: rar MultiStation_Update.rar (159.4 Кб, 624 просмотров)
CrazyIvan вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 31-01-2011, 18:16   #3
Invicible
Leading Aircraftsman

TMA in Oliver Hazard Perry

Hi RA team,
Carrying out a mission with the Oliver Hazard Perry I noticed that the station TMA is still the previous versions. While Udaloy appears correctly the new station TMA.

Greetings,
Invicible вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 31-01-2011, 21:56   #4
goldorak
Sergeant

Unhappy

Цитата:
Сообщение от Invicible Посмотреть сообщение
Hi RA team,
Carrying out a mission with the Oliver Hazard Perry I noticed that the station TMA is still the previous versions. While Udaloy appears correctly the new station TMA.

Greetings,

I don't think the OHP was ever destined to have all the nice upgrades the Udaloy got. Active intercept for sonar and new tma station, etc...
goldorak вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 31-01-2011, 23:36   #5
dd149
Sergeant

Цитата:
Сообщение от goldorak Посмотреть сообщение
I don't think the OHP was ever destined to have all the nice upgrades the Udaloy got. Active intercept for sonar and new tma station, etc...
I fully agree, OHP is an obsolete platform now, being given away by Us Navy for friendly but less affluent navies without the cash to buy modern vessels. We will have to beg for DDG1000 or LCS models (given the LCS problems I am not sure that it would fare much better than OHP, one direct hit even with a small torpedo would break its light alloy neck).
dd149 вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 01-02-2011, 00:42   #6
Invicible
Leading Aircraftsman

The OHP will be obsolete platform, but as a matter of gameplay it would be great for Multistation. We must also consider that the old station on the FFG TMA are unused by the players.
Invicible вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 01-02-2011, 01:32   #7
dd149
Sergeant

Цитата:
Сообщение от Invicible Посмотреть сообщение
The OHP will be obsolete platform, but as a matter of gameplay it would be great for Multistation. We must also consider that the old station on the FFG TMA are unused by the players.
It is true that OHP is an interesting platform for multi station, but it needs some training to master its logic, as many players are more familiar with sub stations. In the French team there is a special training class for OHP due to its complexity.
Старый 01-02-2011, 09:27   #8
goldorak
Sergeant

Цитата:
Сообщение от dd149 Посмотреть сообщение
I fully agree, OHP is an obsolete platform now, being given away by Us Navy for friendly but less affluent navies without the cash to buy modern vessels. We will have to beg for DDG1000 or LCS models (given the LCS problems I am not sure that it would fare much better than OHP, one direct hit even with a small torpedo would break its light alloy neck).
Its kind of a strange argument to make.
In the game most people prefer the Udaloy because its more resistant, it has better sensors, its chance of survivability to missile attacks is greater and finally it has a manegeable tma station and a new active intercept (its quite an important sensor, and it has also a passive laser sensor that gives correct distance information, this last feature should be reassesed to only give bearing information).
So its not a matter of the OHP as being obsolete as it is a matter of the having more difficult stations to use. But the overall complexity is the same for the Udaloy or the OHP frigate.
This is why I agree with Invicible's argument that giving the OHP a modern TMA station would go a long way in making this specific station actually useful in game. And for balance purposes I would also like to see an active intercept station and a passive sensor to identify lasers as well.

RA already takes some artistic license for many units, updating the OHP wouldn't be a tragic thing to do, and would actually improve the units appeal.
goldorak вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 01-02-2011, 11:44   #9
dd149
Sergeant

Point taken, for playability sake
Ответ