Вернуться   Red Rodgers > Запасная полоса > S.C.S. Dangerous Waters

Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 05-12-2017, 18:01   #1
pepe
Sergeant

Цитата:
Сообщение от Billy Посмотреть сообщение
It's a subcommand mission. You should see it. I may have gotten the name wrong, but it's about rescuing a downed pilot in Chinese waters and egress out of the area.
I do not play single player missions - only MP. This is reason why I delete all SP missions from scenario folder

I can check "China Surveillance", "Iran to strait" and "Protect motherland" only if you send those missions here.
pepe вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 05-12-2017, 21:50   #2
Billy
Corporal

Цитата:
Сообщение от pepe Посмотреть сообщение
I do not play single player missions - only MP. This is reason why I delete all SP missions from scenario folder

I can check "China Surveillance", "Iran to strait" and "Protect motherland" only if you send those missions here.
Ok, I'll try to post it tonite. Btw, I just think Oscars or any missile boats are so Overpowered in current version of mod. If combined with satellite long range targetting, one single Oscar can pretty much take out a carrier task force alone.
Billy вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 06-12-2017, 04:53   #3
Billy
Corporal

Here they are.

"China Survellaince" = "downed pilot": Can't complete mission
"Protect motherland": no radio message
"Iran to strait": no radio message
Вложения
Тип файла: rar Scenario.rar (10.2 Кб, 430 просмотров)
Старый 05-12-2017, 09:31   #4
Billy
Corporal

2 more possible buggy mission.
1. "Iran to strait", told to get incoming radio message. But got nothing. Tried both wires and radiomast. Nothing
2. "protect motherland", told to get target coordinates from the satellite fro 7:10-7:15. got nothing. Tried both radio mast and float wire.
Старый 07-12-2017, 00:41   #5
pepe
Sergeant

For now only 2 scenarios:

"Invade Motherland" - difficult scenario for fixing - too much random factors
changes:
- wider screen for CVN
- group: 3x Ticonderoga + 2x Arleigh Burke +Nimitz
- 2 Air stations for pair of F-14
- 1 Air station E-2C
- Oscars II are for some time neutral
Problem:
DDG's and CG's after first attacks slows down and can't follow CVN in previous formation! I haven't idea how to change that

"Iran to strait" - strange because mesages should work but they didn't.
changes:
- now all messages works correct
- added random "combatants" unit (Boghammar or Houdong)
- Line of escape for Kilo now is like in description: below 26-20N latitude.
Вложения
Тип файла: rar modified scenarios.rar (7.6 Кб, 434 просмотров)
Старый 07-12-2017, 06:12   #6
Billy
Corporal

@pepe

The new "Invade Motherland" mission is a lot better than before. But the reason is because Oscars never fired a single shipwreck. The Club missiles from Akulas are easily dealt with by SM2. Not a single AA missiles from the fighters hit the target. So the first 1:30 of the mission is ok. Btw, is there anyway to have the carrier to launch new fighters to replace those already on station?
Старый 07-12-2017, 07:51   #7
Billy
Corporal

Here is another mission to illustrate my point: shipwreck is almost impossible to intercept. This mission "protect motherland" is basically the same as the other one. Here I have 5 AAW ships, 4 fighters and 1 AWACS. You can see only one single oscar can take out the almost the entire carrier group. AA missiles are pretty much useless against them.
Вложения
Тип файла: rar SM16 Protect the Motherland.rar (4.0 Кб, 444 просмотров)
Старый 07-12-2017, 18:33   #8
Billy
Corporal

@pepe

Your new "Invade Motherland" is much much better now. I played it through last night. I got almost to the end, but got careless and killed by the final Oscar II. No ships were lost. I have the following observation:

1. "Oscar II remain neutral sometimes" really helps. Especially at the beginning
2. The wake homing torpedo 65-76 torpedo is buggy. It homes on the target and hits the target but never explodes. Then the torpedo keeps dancing around the ship and makes a few more hits but never explodes.

Btw, where I can find out how to write script for a mission? I just know the basic stuff: add object, create trigger. Need some lessons on the coding side of mission editing.
Старый 07-12-2017, 19:50   #9
pepe
Sergeant

Oscar II needs position of Nimitz from Akulas Link but at beginning all Oscars have ROE peace (Akula ROE is war). When you defeat Akulas before Oscars change ROE to war - SSGN's do not know where to send SS-N-19's.

I saw sometimes strange "dancing" of AI 65-76 torpedoes - maybe it bug? I don't know.

In Manual folder you have SCS-DW_Mission EditorManual.pdf. This is source of my knowledge + experience from making own missions. It's not very complicated.

I will look at rest missions in my free time - now i am little busy.
Старый 18-12-2017, 19:22   #10
Billy
Corporal

I have a question about how to control helo from FFG. The manual says to cancel the programmed tactics is to drag the first waypoint to maximum (zoom out to 120 nmi) then cancel it. Is that how it works? The language is not clear in the manual because of the bad translation.
Старый 28-12-2017, 14:23   #11
CubanFoxtrot
Aircraftsman

Wow!!!

May I ask if they're new Interface DLLs built from scratch in VC++ or still adaptations of existing ones in x86 ASM?

Also, for sake of curiosity as I consider myself the worst artist humanly possible, how could you create those wonderful graphics?
3D scene rendered to 2D bitmaps?
Or just Photoshop hard work?
Would any aircraft sim cockpit editor come in handy?
I'd also love to create some, wth!

Thank you once again for your dedication!
CubanFoxtrot вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 28-12-2017, 18:27   #12
Billy
Corporal

What about gun's station? Udaloy has more than one gun right? Wonder how you model that in game?
Старый 28-12-2017, 18:43   #13
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

One CIWS AK-630 has created at Weapons Control Station #2 (F12 - station).
Since only ONE CIWS is modeled, it has a stockpile of ammunition like all 4 AK-630 mounts, and a circular firing zone.
Старый 28-12-2017, 18:47   #14
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
Сообщение от risorgimento59 Посмотреть сообщение
Wow!!!

May I ask if they're new Interface DLLs built from scratch in VC++ or still adaptations of existing ones in x86 ASM?

Also, for sake of curiosity as I consider myself the worst artist humanly possible, how could you create those wonderful graphics?
3D scene rendered to 2D bitmaps?
Or just Photoshop hard work?
Would any aircraft sim cockpit editor come in handy?
I'd also love to create some, wth!

Thank you once again for your dedication!
Everything is based on DLL from Oliver H. Perry.

The graphics are drawn in Photoshop.
Just compiled various screenshots.
Старый 29-12-2017, 20:27   #15
Billy
Corporal

Is this Udaloy I or II? What about 130mm naval guns? Udaloy II has 2x. How is this modeled?
Старый 18-12-2017, 19:43   #16
pepe
Sergeant

1) delete all previous waypoints
2) set new waypoint
3) drag this waypoint over 120 nmi from own helo (you don't have to do it fast)
4) click somewhere else (on clear area)
5) click again on last waypoint
6) delete it
Старый 27-12-2017, 00:15   #17
Billy
Corporal

Btw, is there any way to order FFG's helo to set its torpedos above or below a layer? If a sub dances above and below a layer, it is almost impossible for an AI controlled helo to sink it.
Старый 27-12-2017, 00:50   #18
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

This works automatically. If the helicopter has detected the target of the MAD by a sensor, then it is assumed that the submarine is in the range of 0 to 750 feet (detection range of the sensor).
The depth of the torpedo will be set in this interval

If the detection of MAD - no, then the AI assumes that the sub is deep, the torpedo will be launched to a greater depth.
Старый 27-12-2017, 17:09   #19
Billy
Corporal

Цитата:
Сообщение от CrazyIvan Посмотреть сообщение
This works automatically. If the helicopter has detected the target of the MAD by a sensor, then it is assumed that the submarine is in the range of 0 to 750 feet (detection range of the sensor).
The depth of the torpedo will be set in this interval

If the detection of MAD - no, then the AI assumes that the sub is deep, the torpedo will be launched to a greater depth.
1. What about if a thermo layer is between 0-750? If the layer is 400 and the sub is hiding at 500. Helo would keep launching shallow torpedoes and can't lock onto the target below the layer.

2. I know if torpedo is too close, it would ignore the decoy. It seems that Mk48 can ignore decoys at longer range than mk50 or mk54. Is that true?

3. Would torpedo seeker ignore thermo layer if the torpedo is very close to the target?
Старый 27-12-2017, 18:46   #20
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

1. The torpedo will be launched under the layer of 80% probability.
And 20% of that torpedo will be put above the layer.
If there is a MAD target detection, then the correct rotation angle is also set for the torpedo - at the start of the circular search, the torpedo will always turn toward the target.

2. Yes. Logical threshold for MK 48 is higher.

3. If the torpedo is close to the target - 800-1000 meters (for each torpedo different levels) - the thermolayer does not matter. (For heavy torpedoes (MK 48, UGST, etc) the distances are accordingly large - about 1300-1500 meters.)
However, the too much depth difference between the torpedo and the target will be affected here.
The target may simply not fall into the vertical cone of capture of the torpedo sensor.