Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 09-02-2020, 20:54   #3068
pepe
Sergeant

According to latest discussion on russian language forum 667АТ is interesting choice but im affraid nobody will play it in MP scenarios. Its still big and low maneuverable submarine in comparison to any SSN's from the years when Yankee Notch entered to service (88-91). Also main weapon are LAM's - not very often used in scenarios. This sub will be very easy prey for any western submarine.

Polls on VK shows russian community prefer to play ultra modern submarines - like Seawolf. But MP scenarios with ultra modern submarines are not fun to play - players prefers little older submarines because they have possibility to detect and kill enemy. Its really hard in battles Seawolf vs Akula III.

The same is with adding SS-N-21 Sampson to Sierra II. In my opinion its no needed because these missiles were ONLY LAM variant with conventional warheads.

All "shitstorm" is because some russian players things it was universal missile able to attack surface ships and land objects. I'ts not truth. Naval version was different than land version and submarine version was limited only to LAM role.

About Foggy morning scenario. It was designed only for 1 purpose. As simple scenario where players can test new platform added in latest RA release. It's because most of players cannot make simple missions in editor and they choose "quick mission" - most idiotic part of DW because all platforms starts too close to eachother and sometimes goals are not possible to complete (like kiling satellite)
But Foggy morning is still good designed. For example scenario informs player where he can use time compression and when he should back to normal time scale.
Adams is not easy for mission designers because most of ships are from later time. Even older submarines uses modern weapons (entered to service few years later than Adams DDG)
This mission is simple but not easy because enemy can launch 53-60M wakehoming torpedo with speed 70 kts from range far beyond Adams sonar can setect submarine in "normal mode".

New platforms are always nice gift for players but if i could choose more important to me is eliminating bugs - mostly made by sonalysts.
So when Ivan asked me about adding polish Perry i convinced him its not needed. Also i wasn't initioator of adding latest new platforms. i was sure it will be only Adams. I was surprised with Rogov and Grisha.

Rogov still waits for MP scenario. Grisha is used in Polyarny morning Tea - very liked by community scenario for 5 players.
pepe вне форума   Ответить с цитированием