Red Rodgers  

Вернуться   Red Rodgers > Запасная полоса > S.C.S. Dangerous Waters

Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 19-07-2010, 14:47   #1101
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

User Action was applied in SubCommand for creation of the description Training Mission.

For DW the videoclips were used. Therefore necessity in UserAction has disappeared also they were completely removed from a code in DW.
CrazyIvan вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 19-07-2010, 16:48   #1102
FERdeBOER
Leading Aircraftsman

Цитата:
Сообщение от CrazyIvan Посмотреть сообщение
User Action was applied in SubCommand for creation of the description Training Mission.

For DW the videoclips were used. Therefore necessity in UserAction has disappeared also they were completely removed from a code in DW.
Oh, ok. It's a pitty. I found it useful in SC to create missions, I used specially the raising antenna as a trigger to send/receive messages.
FERdeBOER вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 20-07-2010, 07:46   #1103
Rocky
Aircraftsman

Dear CrazvyIvan,

I would like to bring these issues to your attention:

1. SS-N-27 ASW in RTE [0]05 is passive, in [1]05 is active, [2]05 above layer etc. but it's modes are not documented in the RA weapons manual v2. The modes are different from the UUM-125b sealance, even though in the sealance section of the manual it says all of Sealance's modes apply for all Subrocs, however SS-N-27 ASW's modes are different.

2. Active sonar can be exploited specifically. It is my understanding that active sonar visual ping-returns have been reduced in visibility in Ra Mod for more realism, however speeding up the sub and then slowing down, pressing the TRANSMIT (single) button while at 16-18 knots (while still slowing down, otherwise it won't work) makes all visual ping-returns from that single ping, light up very brightly on the display, like in stock 104. Using that exploit, even subs as far as 15 miles away are lit up very bright on the display. I have this confirmed by another person.
Is this really a hidden feature or simply a bug?

Thank you very much for your time and for creating this fantastic mod.

A question on the side:

Why doesn't the Spearfish torpedo do 80 knots in the game but only 70? Many sources including wikipedia say it can do 80 knots maximum, not just 70.

kind regards,

Paul
Rocky вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 20-07-2010, 11:11   #1104
goldorak
Sergeant

Цитата:
Сообщение от Rocky Посмотреть сообщение

A question on the side:

Why doesn't the Spearfish torpedo do 80 knots in the game but only 70? Many sources including wikipedia say it can do 80 knots maximum, not just 70.

kind regards,

Paul
The wikipedia article is very lacking.
Most important it doesn't say whats the range of the torpedo at 80 knots. They say short range, but without qualifying further what do you propose, the modders pick an arbitrary value out of the sky ? No. 70 knots is a very very good compromise.

Here is another source : http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WTBR_PostWWII.htm

read about the spearfish, in the range/speed box this is what it says :

1981 version: About 23,000 yards (21,000 m) / 60+ knots
1994 version: Range unknown / 80+ knots
goldorak вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 20-07-2010, 14:01   #1105
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

To: Rocky

Tnx!

Really, some problem was.

It was eliminated. Now presets in subrocs missile, absolutely identical.
Старый 20-07-2010, 14:12   #1106
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Exclamation

Boys, we are going to strengthen influence of a layer on detectability of torpedo sensor controls.

Now - the layer actually does not render any influence on sensor controls of a torpedo.

The influence of a layer, is increased with a distance up to target.
However, closer than 5 miles the influence of a layer will be absent.

We shall eliminate this defect. But it will do hunting by even more difficult.
As - the torpedo should be on the same party of a layer where and target.
However on short distances (within the limits of 200-300 meters) we the layer for protection against a torpedo will not block.

Any ideas?
Старый 20-07-2010, 14:57   #1107
goldorak
Sergeant

Цитата:
Boys, we are going to strengthen influence of a layer on detectability of torpedo sensor controls.

Now - the layer actually does not render any influence on sensor controls of a torpedo.

The influence of a layer, is increased with a distance up to target.
However, closer than 5 miles the influence of a layer will be absent.

We shall eliminate this defect. But it will do hunting by even more difficult.
As - the torpedo should be on the same party of a layer where and target.
However on short distances (within the limits of 200-300 meters) we the layer for protection against a torpedo will not block.

Any ideas?
Yes it is a good idea.
Players should always launch 2 torpedoes when a layer is present, one over and one under the layer for maximum detectability and kill. And even if you launch only one torpedo, most of them have the ability at the request of the user to change search depth, over and under the layer. So making the layer have an influence on the detection range of a torpedo is a good thing.
Старый 20-07-2010, 15:11   #1108
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
Сообщение от goldorak Посмотреть сообщение
Yes it is a good idea.
Players should always launch 2 torpedoes when a layer is present, one over and one under the layer for maximum detectability and kill. And even if you launch only one torpedo, most of them have the ability at the request of the user to change search depth, over and under the layer. So making the layer have an influence on the detection range of a torpedo is a good thing.

There can be many questions - " why the torpedo can not get in the target, if the target is visible on 3D the screen? ".

By the way - we have an opportunity to reduce under water visibility on 3D the screen.
Старый 20-07-2010, 16:36   #1109
goldorak
Sergeant

Цитата:
There can be many questions - " why the torpedo can not get in the target, if the target is visible on 3D the screen? ".
Put a notice in size 40 in the readme stating that effectiveness of a torpedo is NOT reflected directly on the 3d screen because other factors influence the behaviour of the torpedo sensor. Specifically the presence of a layer.

Цитата:
By the way - we have an opportunity to reduce under water visibility on 3D the screen.
Go for it CrazyIvan.
Старый 20-07-2010, 17:09   #1110
dd149
Sergeant

Good news, go for it
The layer effect is there in real life, so why not in the game if you can make it. Will it be more or less a "can/cannot detect" mod or do you have a way to fine tune the loss of sensibility on the other side of layer?

Do you plan to release some intermediate version, as many bugs have already been fixed since last big release.
dd149 вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 20-07-2010, 20:09   #1111
cayman
Corporal

Цитата:
that's not good. afterall, on screen view just for players eyecandy only, doesn't effect the real performance of the game, so, reduce visibility means harder for my eyes, actually, could you increase the visibility? that could let us play the game longer

further more, we all know that the graphic of DW is 16 bit color, I've been done some experiments for 32 bit and widescreen, no luck, did DWX team do any test on that? any proposal?
cayman вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 20-07-2010, 20:18   #1112
Rocky
Aircraftsman

Цитата:
that's not good. afterall, on screen view just for players eyecandy only

That's not exactly true but i like the idea of reducing visibility underwater.

In Ra mod you can have a full 360° underwater view up to a couple hundred feet depth with the new observation periscope that was added in Ra mod - it's like an underwater board camera. When using the observation periscope to view underwater, underwater sound is also enabled so one can hear torpedos aswell. I can locate a really closeby torpedo with my 5.1 surround headset and the observation periscope for some reason i can't see it tho. If Crazyivan could make it so that torpedos are visible with the observation periscope underwater - that would be awesome!
For some reason dived objects are not visible through the periscope (when periscope is underwater) until they are very close up to the surface including the own submarine hull!

But my personal wish is that when reducing underwater visibility the water color should be darkened aswell, it would make everything look more believable in my opinion.

kind regards,

Paul

Последний раз редактировалось Rocky; 20-07-2010 в 21:07.
Старый 20-07-2010, 22:35   #1113
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
Сообщение от cayman Посмотреть сообщение
that's not good. afterall, on screen view just for players eyecandy only, doesn't effect the real performance of the game, so, reduce visibility means harder for my eyes, actually, could you increase the visibility? that could let us play the game longer

further more, we all know that the graphic of DW is 16 bit color, I've been done some experiments for 32 bit and widescreen, no luck, did DWX team do any test on that? any proposal?
It only is fair for the truth on 3D the screen.

You always play only with the truth of display?

For me it is pleasant as was in 688H/K - there is no truth of display.

Only received data from sensor controls.

Or - they a kind of model - but do not have its exact coordinates. It is necessary to find her it!
Старый 20-07-2010, 23:10   #1114
FERdeBOER
Leading Aircraftsman

Hi Crazy Ivan.

I've just uploaded here

A little program I've made to create random generated missions. As I made it Using your mod as base, I though I should mention it here.

Another question: why did you change the name of the whale in the game for "Grey whale"?
The model is a Sperm Whale (despite is not a whale, but is a technical question) and the song is from a "real" whale, not an Sperm Whale;if you change the name, can you put the right one? I know is silly
FERdeBOER вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 21-07-2010, 07:13   #1115
Rocky
Aircraftsman

Is it just me or do passive countermeasures not work with passive torps?

I threw them out of my inventory for i found them useless. Passive torps never seem to lock on to passive CMs, it's as if they weren't there.
Старый 21-07-2010, 10:56   #1116
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Exclamation Nasty Bug Removed

The bug of spontaneous inclusion of active sensor controls was removed.

( The description of this bug, write in the document RA_Weapon_Info_rev2.pdf on page 48 - " About Active Sensor Enabled Bug ")

[About Active Sensor Enabled Bug:

In the engine of game there is an essential bug - if your distant controlled helicopter will be
counterdetected by enemy unit, and the is classified as -HOSTILE -, then by the helicopter the
NavalSimEngine will under duress switch ON a Your Helo radar.
If hostile sub which has counterdetected your helicopter there is at periscope depth - a radar the
helicopter will be SWITCHED ON. If the Sub not at periscope depth, radar is NOT SWITCHED
ON. [Damn It Evil …]
It is fair as well for the surface ships - while they were NOT found out by an enemy, the radars
at them will be switched off ( If EMCON Option Enabled In Mission Editor). But if there will be
an counter detection (for example: AI SUB will find out this ship even at 20 miles far, but sub
stays at PD), the NavalSimEngine also will switch ON radars by the ship. It is simply incredible
- how the submarine can, SWITCH ON radars an the Enemy ship?
Why by the ship (or by helicopters) the active sensors, are enabled - me it is not known.]

The special gratitude for -Krabb-, without which it would be impossible!
Вложения
Тип файла: rar EMCON_BUGS.rar (2.4 Кб, 667 просмотров)

Последний раз редактировалось CrazyIvan; 21-07-2010 в 11:13.
Старый 21-07-2010, 13:10   #1117
goldorak
Sergeant

Amazing, one important bug after the other is being crushed.

What about the famous bug relating to wakehoming torpedoes that can't sink player controlled surface units ? Do you guys (CrazyIvan, -Krabb-, Jaf, etc...) think its possibile to correct it ?

CrazyIvan, why don't you guys release a more complete patch (that contains also the fixes for the SSKs, lowering their sound level and other improvements you have already done ) ?
Старый 22-07-2010, 03:25   #1118
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
Сообщение от goldorak Посмотреть сообщение
Amazing, one important bug after the other is being crushed.

What about the famous bug relating to wakehoming torpedoes that can't sink player controlled surface units ? Do you guys (CrazyIvan, -Krabb-, Jaf, etc...) think its possibile to correct it ?

CrazyIvan, why don't you guys release a more complete patch (that contains also the fixes for the SSKs, lowering their sound level and other improvements you have already done ) ?

When the global and serious bugs will be eliminated.

And when gameplay- will exchange cardinally.

We to burn oil in night, for acceleration it
Старый 22-07-2010, 12:42   #1119
Castout
Senior Aircraftsman

Цитата:
When the global and serious bugs will be eliminated.

And when gameplay- will exchange cardinally.

We to burn oil in night, for acceleration it
Burning oil lamp all through the night.

YOU MUST STAND by your words

I've uninstalled RA and awaiting new patch
Castout вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 25-07-2010, 14:24   #1120
whiskey111
Corporal

When can we expect new version ?
whiskey111 вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Ответ