Red Rodgers  

Вернуться   Red Rodgers > Запасная полоса > S.C.S. Dangerous Waters

Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 21-11-2010, 17:41   #1241
dd149
Sergeant

Spearfish trouble?

One of our members in France has the feeling that there is trouble with spearfish fired from Trenchant sub. While still under wire guidance to redirect, it passed several time very close to target without being able to acquire it. See attached pic for situation.
Do you think this doctrine is faulty, is it the same as used by other torpedoes?
Thanks again for your work.
French team is still discovering the new features.
Миниатюры
Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: post-2640-1290338498_thumb.jpg
Просмотров: 927
Размер:	21.0 Кб
ID:	8737  
dd149 вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 21-11-2010, 21:51   #1242
dd149
Sergeant

Another strange thing
RA 1.2 patched on 1.04
MH 60 user Vs Typhoon Red October user
Visual contact on the conning tower from the MH 60 pilot station, but nothing appears on FLIR???
Старый 22-11-2010, 00:59   #1243
kyte
Северный флот

Tower array

What about towed arrays on controllable surface ships? They doesn't work (both PERRY and UDALOY)

May be this is only my problem???

RA 1.2
kyte вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 22-11-2010, 11:32   #1244
goldorak
Sergeant

Цитата:
Сообщение от kyte Посмотреть сообщение
What about towed arrays on controllable surface ships? They doesn't work (both PERRY and UDALOY)

May be this is only my problem???

RA 1.2
In the Navmap,
Switch on from drop menu an option Sensors ---- > PD Mast Search - ON.
That will get the Towed Array working.
goldorak вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 22-11-2010, 13:28   #1245
goldorak
Sergeant

Цитата:
Сообщение от dd149 Посмотреть сообщение
One of our members in France has the feeling that there is trouble with spearfish fired from Trenchant sub. While still under wire guidance to redirect, it passed several time very close to target without being able to acquire it. See attached pic for situation.
Do you think this doctrine is faulty, is it the same as used by other torpedoes?
Thanks again for your work.
French team is still discovering the new features.

The spearfish works perfectly.
You must understand how to take advantage of it. First of all the AI is a big step up from other mods, it knows how to evade well, and not just by dumping countermeasures. This means you cannot launch the torpedo in a fire and forget style, most of the time it will not work even with mk48 adcaps.
The torpedo will not acquire the target. Second point, the probability of acquisition depends on the angle between target and torpedo (also distance, depth, and layer), it is maximised at 90 degrees and then decreases. So to get a good kill probability you must resteer the torpedo to hit the target broadside.
And this requires having a very good tma solution (and have it updated continuosly).
Third, the higher the launch speed, the more difficult time you'll have in restreeing it on a new course. 70 knots is all good and well, but only in the final attack phase. 45-50 knots is what you want during search.

Finally don't use Lwami or At3 or mille-sabords mod as a comparison, they are much simpler mods in the sense that you can score much more easily, and the AI is not as challenging.
Старый 22-11-2010, 14:11   #1246
Sag75
Leading Aircraftsman

Hi all RA Team, I'd like know if this is a DW bug on Perry. When I watch at single beam in FFG's towed array station I can see the contact frequences. That's fine. But when I switch back to LOFAR panel and I go in an other single beam panel (to see an other contact) I still see the old frequences lanes of the previous sinlge beam display going away, and the new ones of the new contact appearing in the bottom in the waterfall. So at the begining it was confusing me! Now I understood. There is a way to refresh the single beam when I switch it in order to have clean single beams without the remaining frequences of the previous ones? Thanks for attention! RA rocks!!
Sag75 вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 22-11-2010, 14:47   #1247
goldorak
Sergeant

Цитата:
Сообщение от Sag75 Посмотреть сообщение
Hi all RA Team, I'd like know if this is a DW bug on Perry. When I watch at single beam in FFG's towed array station I can see the contact frequences. That's fine. But when I switch back to LOFAR panel and I go in an other single beam panel (to see an other contact) I still see the old frequences lanes of the previous sinlge beam display going away, and the new ones of the new contact appearing in the bottom in the waterfall. So at the begining it was confusing me! Now I understood. There is a way to refresh the single beam when I switch it in order to have clean single beams without the remaining frequences of the previous ones? Thanks for attention! RA rocks!!

The lofar beams will show in real time the frequencies of the different contacts. As the contacts move the corresponding frequencies will shift from beam to beam.
There is no automatic refresh, but if you tag a contact and then select slave to tag, the frequecies of the selected contact will not jump from beam to beam. Instead the lofar will show you exactly which beam is hearing the frequency of the contact (even if the beam changes) so you don't have to chase the frequencies in the different beams.
Старый 22-11-2010, 16:35   #1248
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
Сообщение от Lau Посмотреть сообщение
Hello to everyone !

It is a pleasure to have the time again to post in this forum and of curse to be able to use RA 1.2! Thanks

Red October : what is the intention with regards to hydrodynamic system, at the moment it says in USNI operate below 150m depth. But when trying it is the opposite set to work above 150m? If there is a choice to make and for stealth reasons it should only work below 150m It will be nice also to have a greater penalty on speed. Now it is 26 to 25, my syggestion is 26 to 18.

Is there an alteration of signature once hydrodynamic system is on?

Thanks in advance for your kind reply,

Lau

PS: I know and once more my request are of small importance compared to top priorities in RA dev, but thought it would be nice to give you easier issues to solve
It was corrected for v. 1.3 - 150 meters and BELOW now work hydrodynamic system on Red October.

The separate signature no. As well as however and for diesel engines KILO.

The signature is attached not to the separate engine (on thrust dialogue in Database), and to the object.
Therefore - signature always same for the electrical and diesel engines.
CrazyIvan вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 22-11-2010, 16:40   #1249
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
Сообщение от goldorak Посмотреть сообщение
In the Navmap,
Switch on from drop menu an option Sensors ---- > PD Mast Search - ON.
That will get the Towed Array working.
For ver. 1.3, this has been fixed.

The dependence Towed Array is separated from the switch of search of masts.

Towed Array will work - when the player will deploy it from station ShipControl.
Старый 22-11-2010, 16:45   #1250
Sag75
Leading Aircraftsman

Цитата:
The lofar beams will show in real time the frequencies of the different contacts. As the contacts move the corresponding frequencies will shift from beam to beam.
There is no automatic refresh, but if you tag a contact and then select slave to tag, the frequecies of the selected contact will not jump from beam to beam. Instead the lofar will show you exactly which beam is hearing the frequency of the contact (even if the beam changes) so you don't have to chase the frequencies in the different beams.

Goldorak, you haven't understood my point. Let's have two stable contacts in two different LOFAR panels. One is my own ship and it's on beam #1 of course. The second contact -let's say- it's a ship on beam #5 and it's stable there. That's it. I jump now on the single beam #1 and I see my own ship frequences as very strong. That's fine. Now, if I come back to LOFAR station and I select the single beam #5 I still can see my ship's frequences that come away upwards on the display and the new ship's frequences coming up from below. Try it. So why this happens?

In other words, it seems when I click on a single beam in LOFAR stations I don't get a sudden simple zoom of that beam! It still displays for a while the previous frequences of the previous single beam visualization.
Sag75 вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 22-11-2010, 16:59   #1251
goldorak
Sergeant

Цитата:
Сообщение от Sag75 Посмотреть сообщение
Goldorak, you haven't understood my point. Let's have two stable contacts in two different LOFAR panels. One is my own ship and it's on beam #1 of course. The second contact -let's say- it's a ship on beam #5 and it's stable there. That's it. I jump now on the single beam #1 and I see my own ship frequences as very strong. That's fine. Now, if I come back to LOFAR station and I select the single beam #5 I still can see my ship's frequences that come away upwards on the display and the new ship's frequences coming up from below. Try it. So why this happens?

In other words, it seems when I click on a single beam in LOFAR stations I don't get a sudden simple zoom of that beam! It still displays for a while the previous frequences of the previous single beam visualization.
Ah ok I get it. It seems the game doesn't refresh instantaneously the contacts when you shift from one beam to another. I don't think its a bug, just how the thing works. Wait several seconds and the old contact will disappear leaving only the correct contacts in the beam.
Старый 23-11-2010, 14:23   #1252
dd149
Sergeant

Цитата:
The spearfish works perfectly.
You must understand how to take advantage of it. First of all the AI is a big step up from other mods, it knows how to evade well, and not just by dumping countermeasures. This means you cannot launch the torpedo in a fire and forget style, most of the time it will not work even with mk48 adcaps.
The torpedo will not acquire the target. Second point, the probability of acquisition depends on the angle between target and torpedo (also distance, depth, and layer), it is maximised at 90 degrees and then decreases. So to get a good kill probability you must resteer the torpedo to hit the target broadside.
And this requires having a very good tma solution (and have it updated continuosly).
Third, the higher the launch speed, the more difficult time you'll have in restreeing it on a new course. 70 knots is all good and well, but only in the final attack phase. 45-50 knots is what you want during search.

Finally don't use Lwami or At3 or mille-sabords mod as a comparison, they are much simpler mods in the sense that you can score much more easily, and the AI is not as challenging.
What is still strange is that Tigerfish acquires where Spearfish doesnt work at all? We hve done several tests incuding shooting on own sub with no evasive action at all.
Старый 23-11-2010, 18:28   #1253
goldorak
Sergeant

Цитата:
What is still strange is that Tigerfish acquires where Spearfish doesnt work at all? We hve done several tests incuding shooting on own sub with no evasive action at all.

The Tigerfish doesn't accelerate to 70 knots.
Don't forget that torpedos are not infinitely manouverable.
A sub can outsmart a torpedo by simply turing inside the torpedos turning radius. The Spearfish has quite a big turning radius, it is therefore not inconceiveble that a Spearfish can turn round, and round and round about a mostly stationary target and can't resteer on its own even if it sees the target.

The higher the attacks speed, the further away you have to start the attack run to have a chance of hitting a moving target. Try playing with the MK 48 Adcap at 50 knots and you will have the exact same problem against subs that out turn it. So its not a specific problem with the Spearfish. It is a consequence of having a high speed and a high turning radius.

Taking evasive action is not only a matter of going at high speed or throwing countermeasures.

Edit : have you tried using the spearfish against different targets, and not only the trenchant ?
Старый 23-11-2010, 19:00   #1254
dd149
Sergeant

Got your point, we will try some more experiments. Thanks
Старый 23-11-2010, 19:08   #1255
goldorak
Sergeant

Цитата:
Got your point, we will try some more experiments. Thanks
Maybe it is a bug with the Trenchant as a target.
I can tell that I've played against AI akulas and never had a problem sinking them with a Spearfish.

Look at how the AI evades in shallow waters, its quite interesting.
Старый 23-11-2010, 22:36   #1256
Lau
Senior Aircraftsman

Bug with Georges Leygues DD
can someone experiement adding Georges Leygues DD on scenario with inflight helo, then with any platform adding a manual solution and promoting it to link. For me short after promoting solution to link I have a game crash. This does not happen if DD is not in the map...

Thanks,

Lau
Lau вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 24-11-2010, 00:25   #1257
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
can someone experiement adding Georges Leygues DD on scenario with inflight helo, then with any platform adding a manual solution and promoting it to link. For me short after promoting solution to link I have a game crash. This does not happen if DD is not in the map...

Thanks,

Lau

Give this scenario - and descrpition user action for evoke this bug.

What else platforms were in mission? On the basis of your report - it is difficult to understand the reason this bug.
Старый 25-11-2010, 23:27   #1258
Lau
Senior Aircraftsman

ok here is the scenario causing the error.

just add manual solution with Amethyste and promote it to the link, game crashes short after...?

Tks,

Lau
Вложения
Тип файла: zip 00 MN CT 1 DAY AT SEA.zip (773 байт, 677 просмотров)
Старый 26-11-2010, 10:49   #1259
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:

Thanks,

Lau
For me no any problem with contact promote.
Миниатюры
Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: PROMOTE_Contact.jpg
Просмотров: 862
Размер:	211.7 Кб
ID:	8756  
Старый 27-11-2010, 03:08   #1260
Lau
Senior Aircraftsman

1) your contact should read Z01 for manually added contacts and not S01. Then promote Z01 to the link and let me know the result. normally game crash for me...

I am now certain that bugs comes from FR Lynx MK4 helicopter and not from DD as previously stated, sorry for this. If Lynx not in game then no bug : )

2) MS team is taking decision about moving all players to RA 1.2 Do you have an idea of implementation time for v1.3?

Thanks,

Lau

Последний раз редактировалось Lau; 27-11-2010 в 14:29.
Ответ