Вернуться   Red Rodgers > Запасная полоса > S.C.S. Dangerous Waters

Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 14-04-2017, 20:21   #2421
pepe
Sergeant

@ichor read weapon manual!

Цитата:
Advanced Control: For launch it is necessary to nominate number of a point in which there is
a target (It sets in what point to switch on a sensor on missile).
For example player has established a point number 2 on the target - then it is necessary to specify
in “Destruct Range” number of a point - 2.
The launch from Nav.map - is launch with one point - this mode number 1 (ONE) is established
as default.
There is a mode number 5 - missile enables a sensor in each waypoint. If the target is found out -
missile kills it. If the target no - then the missile switch off own sensor and run to the next way
point and there makes search (For All Four Waypoints Subsequences).
pepe вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 14-04-2017, 21:08   #2422
ichor
Aircraftsman

Цитата:
Сообщение от pepe Посмотреть сообщение
@ichor read weapon manual!
How did i miss that... Sorry about that, thanx for your time!
ichor вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 15-04-2017, 22:08   #2423
Kendricks
Aircraftsman

Just a question, would the RA team be interested in someone helping with English translations and overall quality assurance?

I noticed that the mod is rather packed with typos and/or spelling errors, which in my opinion really kills the immersion. This can be found in missions, as well as in the USNI library.
Additionally, some missions/campaigns provided are very poorly designed.
The "Ohio Service" campaign for example is, in my opinion, of terrible quality and I wonder how this could find its way into this mostly great mod and if it was play-tested at all before implementation?
Whoever is the creator, I mean not to insult, but... this is a little weird, honestly.
Kendricks вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 16-04-2017, 17:21   #2424
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
Сообщение от Kendricks Посмотреть сообщение
Just a question, would the RA team be interested in someone helping with English translations and overall quality assurance?

I noticed that the mod is rather packed with typos and/or spelling errors, which in my opinion really kills the immersion. This can be found in missions, as well as in the USNI library.
Additionally, some missions/campaigns provided are very poorly designed.
The "Ohio Service" campaign for example is, in my opinion, of terrible quality and I wonder how this could find its way into this mostly great mod and if it was play-tested at all before implementation?
Whoever is the creator, I mean not to insult, but... this is a little weird, honestly.
What exactly doesn't work in the campaign for Ohio? this campaign has been verified.
tell me what doesn't work and I'll fix it.
Старый 17-04-2017, 06:14   #2425
MR.Wood
Senior Aircraftsman

anyone else getting an error opening the pdf files for the Alfa PRJ 705
MR.Wood вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 17-04-2017, 18:22   #2426
Kendricks
Aircraftsman

Цитата:
Сообщение от CrazyIvan Посмотреть сообщение
What exactly doesn't work in the campaign for Ohio? this campaign has been verified.
tell me what doesn't work and I'll fix it.
I'm confused. I keep a "vanilla" version of the latest RA release (I have 1.41 + path #1 and #2) and in my Ohio campaign, everything is complete chaos.

As for the first mission in general, nothing that happens, makes any sense and is completely confusing, as if someone took a mission and garbled it through a mixer, then releasing the result.

You start, and the first order is to reach a point ~2nm east - where an ELF arrives and hilarity ensues when things like "Reinforce Alert!" are said on a US Ohio sub, or suddenly I receive "all conditions normal on the dive". Huh?
I started submerged already, so what is this?

Further, it is said to stay at 5knots. Ok but why? No reason is named.
On top, Ohios are quiet enough at much higher speeds, so this whole 'suggestion' is rather odd, just as the first one to reach a point just a tad to the east, only to receive a message that could have been received right away.
It's like "let's keep the player artifically busy... who cares how/why".

The received radio message gives you a missile ground, referencing to it as "Point Alpha" - which doesn't exist on the map - so why reference to it?
It's confusing.
On top, "Point Alpha" is, AFAIK, either always the initial dive point of a US submarine after departing port, OR, the first WP altogether, I am not certain myself - but I am positive that no "Point Alpha" can come up in the middle of a deterrence patrol thousands of miles from home.

Anyways, off to "Point Alpha" at 72-43N 035-33E, evading that one single other asset in the whole mission, a Victor II. There's not a single whale, no civilian traffic, not even shrimp. The whole mission is blank, besides that Victor II and me.
To add to the already established confusion, long before I actually arrive at "Point Alpha", my navigator tells me we arrived at said point, completing the mission. Huh?!
Sure, it was said the area is 10nm - but either something is a point, a precise navigation mark, or an area (of whatever purpose).
Yes, yes - nitpicking, but honestly, it's the details that make something dull as DW rich.

On to mission 2.
First time I started it, it crashed to desktop right after loading.
(Also reported by another player on Subsim.com, btw)

Second try, I received ambiguous orders/instructions about a SATCOM: "The Navy Sattelite SATCOM Can Be Pass Through Your Area During 5 Minutes."
Sorry, what?
Will it pass over me IN 5 minutes, so I gotta establish comms readiness in that time to catch a message? I'm at 180ft under the ice, expected to use the EW mast to catch the message, which seems impossible to do.

Then, suddenly my XO reports: "Initiating Targeting Procedures For SLBM Missiles.."
Wait, what? I didn't receive anything, nor did I do anything, what is going on?

I check the map and lots of targets on the Kola (not Cola btw) Peninsula showed up... uhm, ok!?
Am I supposed to attack them all, just one, ju... oh nevermind, "====Mission complete====" - after doing... nothing.
[insert jackie chan meme here]

So, with all due respect, please tell me, does this reflect the quality standards the RA team have? Or anyone should have?
Besides the nonsensical/confusing game play that, apparently, doesn't work either - why do you guys not spell check anything?
The whole mod is ridden with spelling errors, which not only cause issues for immersion, but also create a lot of confusion.

Initially, I wanted to list the typos/spelling errors, but honestly, there's not a single sentence that reflects correct English, which baffles me.
No problem if one doesn't speak a certain language - but if I release a piece of work in a foreign language, I get someone to fix the errors if I can't do so myself - before release.

Misc notes:
- US SSBNs receive orders from the US Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM)
- US SSBNs conduct "deterrance patrols", not "battle patrols".
- US SSBNs operate "autonomous", no one knows their exact position under normal circumstances - not even USSTRATCOM.
- US SSBNs do not have to reach a certain area inside their patrol area, the whole patrol area serves as a missile ground to guarantee fast reaction times.
Kendricks вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 17-04-2017, 21:32   #2427
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

>I'm confused. I keep a "vanilla" version of the latest RA release (I have 1.41 + path #1 and #2) and in my Ohio >campaign, everything is complete chaos.
>As for the first mission in general, nothing that happens, makes any sense and is completely confusing, as if >someone took a mission and garbled it through a mixer, then releasing the result.
>You start, and the first order is to reach a point ~2nm east - where an ELF arrives and hilarity ensues when >things like "Reinforce Alert!" are said on a US Ohio sub, or suddenly I receive "all conditions normal on the dive". >Huh?
>I started submerged already, so what is this?
Since there is no normal message of the audio message that all the compartments are ready for action, I set up such an audio message.

>Further, it is said to stay at 5knots. Ok but why? No reason is named.
You can follow these recommendations, but you can neglect them. Because there can be enemy boats nearby, and you can be discovered - this will affect the course of the next mission.

>On top, Ohios are quiet enough at much higher speeds, so this whole 'suggestion' is rather odd, just as the first >one to reach a point just a tad to the east, only to receive a message that could have been received right away.
>It's like "let's keep the player artifically busy... who cares how/why".
You can work at least 24 knots. But - in the next scenario, the amount of hostile forces will strongly depend on your stealth in the first mission.You just need to know the tactical situation - who is your opponent and what forces are present in the region.

>The received radio message gives you a missile ground, referencing to it as "Point Alpha" - which doesn't exist on >the map - so why reference to it?
>It's confusing.
>On top, "Point Alpha" is, AFAIK, either always the initial dive point of a US submarine after departing port, OR, >the first WP altogether, I am not certain myself - but I am positive that no "Point Alpha" can come up in the >middle of a deterrence patrol thousands of miles from home.
I'll replace this message with a default – Destination Goal Complete, continue with your mission..

>Anyways, off to "Point Alpha" at 72-43N 035-33E, evading that one single other asset in the whole mission, a >Victor II. There's not a single whale, no civilian traffic, not even shrimp. The whole mission is blank, besides that >Victor II and me.
There are no shrimps in the Barents Sea and whales too. And this is not a shipping area.

>To add to the already established confusion, long before I actually arrive at "Point Alpha", my navigator tells me >we arrived at said point, completing the mission. Huh?!
>Sure, it was said the area is 10nm - but either something is a point, a precise navigation mark, or an area (of >whatever purpose).
>Yes, yes - nitpicking, but honestly, it's the details that make something dull as DW rich.

Victor-2 does not participate in the scenario.
In the scenario, arbitrarily, several enemy boats can be generated. It can be a delta or a typhoon, accompanied by Victor-3, a Akula-1, a Akula-3, or a Sierra-2. Which also move into their bastion.

You arrive at a given point (Alpha), and there you receive a further task. You will be ordered to move to the northeast, or to the southeast - where your bastion will be.

>On to mission 2.
>First time I started it, it crashed to desktop right after loading.
> (Also reported by another player on Subsim.com, btw)

This is a grid error. The sonalysts made some mistakes.
Some scenario can not work in certain coordinates.
This has been fixed.
>Second try, I received ambiguous orders/instructions about a SATCOM: "The Navy Sattelite SATCOM Can Be Pass >Through Your Area During 5 Minutes."
>Sorry, what?

Because, under the conditions of war, no one will warn you in advance. Everything happens very quickly. And the situation can change every minute. You must be ready for quick action. Just as there is a standard time for launching missiles.
If you receive an order to launch missiles - you have a strictly limited time to execute the order.

>Will it pass over me IN 5 minutes, so I gotta establish comms readiness in that time to catch a message? I'm at
>180ft under the ice, expected to use the EW mast to catch the message, which seems impossible to do.
If you know that there is a session to receive data from the satellite, what keeps you at a depth of 180 feet? Perhaps you should be closer to the surface.
I’m increase this time.
>Then, suddenly my XO reports: "Initiating Targeting Procedures For SLBM Missiles.."
>Wait, what? I didn't receive anything, nor did I do anything, what is going on?

After you receive data from the satellite, you are instructed to change the flight plan of the missiles.
After the beginning of the scenario, you are given 12 targets - which are marked with blue circles.
After you conduct a communication session, 4 missile silos (a mark in red circles) will be added to the nav.map, while any random 4 secondary targets will be deleted (indicated by blue circles).

The second communication session will update your target list again. Your priority targets will be 8 missile silos (primary targets) and what are 4 arbitrary secondary goals. Total 12 targets.
If I limit the launch from the nav.map and make it mandatory to point missiles on the fire control display - you will very much feel that this is very critical - because where there was a target before, it will not be there any more. And your missile will get to nowhere, in an empty point.
When launching missiles from nav.map, this is not so significant.

>I check the map and lots of targets on the Kola (not Cola btw) Peninsula showed up... uhm, ok!?
>Am I supposed to attack them all, just one, ju... oh nevermind, "====Mission complete====" - after >doing... nothing.
> [insert jackie chan meme here]

Your weapons will allow you to kill all these targets.
I did not set out the task of creating a "global coverage scenario".
For such purposes, there are Fleet Commands and Нarрооn.
In this campaign - you act as an independent person.
This is not a battle of the fleets.
>So, with all due respect, please tell me, does this reflect the quality standards the RA team have? Or anyone >should have?
>Besides the nonsensical/confusing game play that, apparently, doesn't work either - why do you guys not spell >check anything?
>The whole mod is ridden with spelling errors, which not only cause issues for immersion, but also create a lot of >confusion.

>Initially, I wanted to list the typos/spelling errors, but honestly, there's not a single sentence that reflects correct >English, which baffles me.
>No problem if one doesn't speak a certain language - but if I release a piece of work in a foreign language, I get >someone to fix the errors if I can't do so myself - before release.

Sorry - but translators work like this - in Google and other resources.
It is possible that this text will be completely incomprehensible to you)))

>Misc notes:
>- US SSBNs receive orders from the US Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM)
>- US SSBNs conduct "deterrance patrols", not "battle patrols".
>- US SSBNs operate "autonomous", no one knows their exact position under normal circumstances - not even >USSTRATCOM.
Despite this, the sub periodically gets in communication.
If the patrol, lasts 3 months, and there was an accident - the headquarters will find out about this in 3 months? When will the sub not return from the patrol?

>- US SSBNs do not have to reach a certain area inside their patrol area, the whole patrol area serves as a missile >ground to guarantee fast reaction times.

This primarily affects the flight time of missiles. Therefore, Soviet ballistic subs carried patrols near the east and west coast, and not in the Barents Sea. )))

According to your statement, the scenario should be like this - the player should sit quietly all 6 hours, somewhere deep, and then launch the missiles. It will be too boring ...
Старый 18-04-2017, 03:17   #2428
seadog0514
seadog

I reinstall RA141 with patch1&2.(download from http://ra-dwx.narod.ru/download.htm)
at first no matter how many the MG-74 was launched, they all work properly. after the first round MG-74 run out of battery, if you want to launch another MG-74, they all disappeared from the map once launched!!!

pls check my attachment. inside three files.
1temp test.mu ----the mission file I used to test.
3.mss---- the saved mission file. in this, I fired a mg-74 in mode 1 , it works properly!
4.mss---- the saved mission file. in this, the first mg-74 already run out of battery. all the remaining mg-74 will disappeared from map once launched.
Вложения
Тип файла: 7z mission and save.7z (145.0 Кб, 438 просмотров)

Последний раз редактировалось seadog0514; 18-04-2017 в 03:42.
seadog0514 вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 18-04-2017, 04:39   #2429
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
Сообщение от seadog0514 Посмотреть сообщение
I reinstall RA141 with patch1&2.(download from http://ra-dwx.narod.ru/download.htm)
at first no matter how many the MG-74 was launched, they all work properly. after the first round MG-74 run out of battery, if you want to launch another MG-74, they all disappeared from the map once launched!!!

pls check my attachment. inside three files.
1temp test.mu ----the mission file I used to test.
3.mss---- the saved mission file. in this, I fired a mg-74 in mode 1 , it works properly!
4.mss---- the saved mission file. in this, the first mg-74 already run out of battery. all the remaining mg-74 will disappeared from map once launched.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll check in near the same time.

This is a very interesting situation. I've never launched a couple of MG-74, only one was in use. It's worth checking
Старый 18-04-2017, 12:31   #2430
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

TO: SeaDog0514

Attach your database, and tell me - in what screen resolution, you saved these scenario. Without this, I can not open your saved files.

Because, at the moment I have a database for version 1.42.

PS: If your MG-74 is lost at launch, your boat's speed is likely to be high and MG-74 crashes about your sub. This was fixed for version 1.42
Старый 18-04-2017, 12:53   #2431
seadog0514
seadog

it's not about boat's speed. I test with different speed. all failed.

Run DW at resolution 1024*768(full screen enforced). attachment is database.

actually U can test in following way: launch a mg74, then speed up game time to *8. wait until the first mg74 out of battery. then U can test the other mg74.
Вложения
Тип файла: zip Database - copy.zip (386.1 Кб, 438 просмотров)
Старый 18-04-2017, 22:17   #2432
dasOoops
DW & Il2 player

It is possible to keep multiple versions of DWX for one operating system. Just need a couple of. exe files to correct the name of the registry branch...
dasOoops вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 19-04-2017, 02:27   #2433
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

MG-74 Fix doctrine. And some other.
Вложения
Тип файла: 7z MG_74_Fix.7z (3.5 Кб, 462 просмотров)
Старый 19-04-2017, 03:46   #2434
seadog0514
seadog

question

Can you please suggest which installation order is better for RA141.

1: DW104 +RA141 +patch#1 +Unofficial patch#2 + MG_74_Fix

2: DW104 +RA141 +patch#1 + uuv_fix + MG_74_Fix

I have been advocating this excellent mod to the small group of Chinese DW funs, however lack of official patch is causing confusion.
I hope there will be a all_in_one patch.

Последний раз редактировалось seadog0514; 19-04-2017 в 04:04.
Старый 19-04-2017, 04:13   #2435
seadog0514
seadog

suggestion

Цитата:
Сообщение от dasOoops Посмотреть сообщение
It is possible to keep multiple versions of DWX for one operating system. Just need a couple of. exe files to correct the name of the registry branch...
maybe U can try my trick.
Миниатюры
Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 1111.png
Просмотров: 502
Размер:	19.2 Кб
ID:	11004  
Старый 19-04-2017, 13:22   #2436
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
Сообщение от seadog0514 Посмотреть сообщение
Can you please suggest which installation order is better for RA141.

1: DW104 +RA141 +patch#1 +Unofficial patch#2 + MG_74_Fix

I have been advocating this excellent mod to the small group of Chinese DW funs, however lack of official patch is causing confusion.
I hope there will be a all_in_one patch.
Старый 20-04-2017, 22:51   #2437
dasOoops
DW & Il2 player

Backup your original files!!

I did so:
1. Create folder DangerousWaters0
2. Copy installed game to this folder
3. Edit in files dangerouswaters.exe, DWEdit_104_RA_XP.exe: string 'Dangerous Waters" to "Dangerous Waters0" (with out "). Use hex editor . Don't forget about the null terminator at the end of the line
4. Edit file dw0.reg if necessary
5. regedit.exe dw0.reg
Вложения
Тип файла: 7z dwx_registry.7z (717 байт, 494 просмотров)
dasOoops вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 20-04-2017, 23:33   #2438
Akula Siron
Aircraftsman

Dear Crazy Ivan, dear Jaf.

I have played your RA - Mod now since several years, i already has created some movies with this great mod.

Now i have created this for you:

I can convert it into any format you need, the periscopes and antennas, rudders, the propellor and the torpedo tubes are seperate objects.

Continiued with a new Ohio, also an Yasen Class is one of my goals.

I will also create a "futuristic" version of the Virginia, maybe two. I think, some "Future Warfare" - Subs would be interesting. Im sure, in combination with an Zumwalt Class the game would become a bit more richer.

Regards
Akula Siron
Akula Siron вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 21-04-2017, 01:20   #2439
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
Сообщение от Akula Siron Посмотреть сообщение
Dear Crazy Ivan, dear Jaf.

I have played your RA - Mod now since several years, i already has created some movies with this great mod.

Now i have created this for you:

I can convert it into any format you need, the periscopes and antennas, rudders, the propellor and the torpedo tubes are seperate objects.

Continiued with a new Ohio, also an Yasen Class is one of my goals.

I will also create a "futuristic" version of the Virginia, maybe two. I think, some "Future Warfare" - Subs would be interesting. Im sure, in combination with an Zumwalt Class the game would become a bit more richer.

Regards
Akula Siron
Thank you. But you create models not for us, but for the entire community that appreciates and plays in Dangerous Waters. Unfortunately I don't do 3D models. It makes only the Jaf. You need to communicate with him.

Thanks again.
Старый 21-04-2017, 01:50   #2440
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

IL-38 MAY.

New model from -Jaf-.

Installed in RA addon, version 1.42
Миниатюры
Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: New_May_1.jpg
Просмотров: 841
Размер:	295.1 Кб