Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 29-06-2010, 09:16   #1021
sertore
Sergeant

Thumbs up

Цитата:
Сообщение от Castout Посмотреть сообщение
I don't know if this has been brought up but I think I may have found a glitch on Akula II improved narrow band sonar station

If the player scan the cursor long enough left and right and keep doing that WHEN the center display is set to point South then the cursor would get stuck at some degrees. This is reproducable especially when selecting the hull and towed array.
I confirm we experienced the same issue, present just on Akula II Improved.
sertore вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 29-06-2010, 12:50   #1022
whiskey111
Corporal

This is link to my mission
http://www.mediafire.com/?gwfwyo3q2zk

And what about my two previous questions ? Any chances to be answered ?
whiskey111 вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 29-06-2010, 14:07   #1023
Jaf
БЧ-2

Цитата:
Сообщение от whiskey111 Посмотреть сообщение
I want to ask if the message "torpedo in the water" was stricted by range. I'm asking because I still have this message whatever the range is. Is this correct?
This is abnormally.
Whether the mod was installed correctly according with installation recomendations?
Have you installed other mods?
What operating system do you use?

Цитата:
Submarine is going to stall (like an airplane) after divers launch and goes to bottom.
Your boat must be stopped before the launch of divers, otherwise the divers will collide with you boat and as a result of known error in the game engine you boat will crash at the bottom.

Цитата:
What is the max range 100 mm/70 (3.9") AK-100 in game? I was able to destroy OHP from 40 km. And as I know, max range for this gun is about 21km.
You're right. This will be fixed.
Jaf вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 29-06-2010, 14:15   #1024
sertore
Sergeant

Smile

Цитата:
This is link to my mission
http://www.mediafire.com/?gwfwyo3q2zk

And what about my two previous questions ? Any chances to be answered ?
Dear whiskey, the promotion to link and AI attack works fine for me both: the problem is the bad weather that degrade the acoustic condition and reduce the detecting range.

About promote to link you have to surface and raise the radio antenna: surfacing is necessary because the high waves continuosly blind your radio if not surfaced; as soon as you are surfaced and you are able to receive the links of your ally the promote to link option appears on unit menù on NavMap.

The same for AI attacking: try to cavitate, and the AI units at about 10nm will detect and attack you in less than 30 secs:

If you not cavitate the AI units could not detect and engage you, even with visual due to the really bad sea condition.

As final test, try to set environmetal conditions to sea state 1 and weather clear, and you will be attacked in less than 30 secs from the start of the mission due to increased range detection of AI units.

About other question I leave the points to RA people...
Старый 29-06-2010, 15:38   #1025
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

LAYERs workaround

In mission with SSP such as Convergence ZONE - layer is located between 300 and 500 ft
In mission with SSP such as Surface DUCT - Layer is located between 400 and 1200 ft.

The mission demonstrates, as the transition UNDER a LAYER weakens a passive signal only partially, a signal from the display - Completely does not delete though even the player has left on 1000 or 1400 ft (MUCH BELOW than LAYER) - signal, all the same is present on the display.

Minesweeper, which is located in 8.5 miles more to the right side Sub of the player - signal vanishes at a leaving under a layer. His also vanishes active ping.

And that minesweeper which at the left side in 5 miles from the player - he remains on sonar - both in a passive and in active scan mode.
( Pay attention - speed at the ships identical, that is production of noise identical.But 8.5 miles of a distance - considerably are weakened by noise level which your sensor control [BB Sonar] reaches.)
At the moment of transition through a layer, easing a signal on BB Sonar will be visible. Also it is visible on a DEMON - as the strips of edges - will be little bit more thin there is some easing of a signal.

In general, it is possible to speak - that Layer it not a "steel board". Especially for short distances and loud Targets.
Вложения
Тип файла: rar LAYERS_WorkAround.rar (2.7 Кб, 907 просмотров)
CrazyIvan вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 29-06-2010, 18:33   #1026
whiskey111
Corporal

-Jaf-
1. I installed RA as it described in readme. Only RA, no any mods installed.
2. My os; win7 64
3. Nice to hear that range of this gun will be fixed.
4. One more thing: will be cool if AI units use their heavy guns too. Now I have impression that onlu human controlled units are using heavy guns.
5. Any chance that RA team will do some manuals for divers, sirena etc... ?

-sertore-
1. This is trange because Akula II or Victor is able to sent links.
2. I was talking about radar detection, not cavitating. I turned on it, discovered some surface targets and none of DD or OHP attacked me.
Старый 29-06-2010, 20:47   #1027
Jaf
БЧ-2

Цитата:
I installed RA as it described in readme. Only RA, no any mods installed. My os; win7 64
RA has not been tested in win7.
Some people reported same bug in win7.

Цитата:
will be cool if AI units use their heavy guns too. Now I have impression that onlu human controlled units are using heavy guns.
AI units use their heavy guns too if the distance is allowed.

Цитата:
Any chance that RA team will do some manuals for divers, sirena etc... ?
As to sirena (and divers too) - see ..\Dangerous waters\Manual\RA_Weapon_Info_rev2.pdf page21
(you sub must be stoped before launch)

Цитата:
This is trange because Akula II or Victor is able to sent links.
Promotion to link work normally on all Akulas.
You must be on PD with extended radio mast.

Цитата:
I was talking about radar detection, not cavitating. I turned on it, discovered some surface targets and none of DD or OHP attacked me.
Surface units detect you radar emission, but they do not attack you because:
1) distance is too big for weapon use
2) due to bug in game engine new track do not transmitted to doctrine sometimes - try to reload mission
3) wait ~5min and you recieve birds :)
Старый 29-06-2010, 22:00   #1028
whiskey111
Corporal

Цитата:
Сообщение от Jaf
Promotion to link work normally on all Akulas.
You must be on PD with extended radio mast.
I am on PD and radio mast is esxtended. But I can't promote any targets. I have noticed that only when Akula I is surfaced then I can do this. Other subs work correctly.
Sertore wrote that it is necessary to be surface to promoting any targets by data link. So something is not as has to be.

Цитата:
Сообщение от Jaf
Surface units detect you radar emission, but they do not attack you because:
1) distance is too big for weapon use
2) due to bug in game engine new track do not transmitted to doctrine sometimes - try to reload mission
3) wait ~5min and you recieve birds
Hmmm... No, it doesn't. It happened in mission http://www.mediafire.com/?gwfwyo3q2zk for Akula I. Maybe it is Win7 bug, maybe not.
Please check it and give me an answer.
Старый 29-06-2010, 23:25   #1029
Jaf
БЧ-2

Цитата:
I am on PD and radio mast is esxtended. But I can't promote any targets.
I Confirm an incorrect value for the height of radio masts on Akula-I & Akula-I Imp.
PromoteToLink option appears only above 17m
Will be corrected.
Старый 30-06-2010, 02:06   #1030
whiskey111
Corporal

I wanted to download Ra mod and install it again. Unfortunatelly I can't do this because download process doesn't want to start at all. Any chance to upload it on mediafire or rapidshare ?
Старый 30-06-2010, 10:32   #1031
sertore
Sergeant

Цитата:
I wanted to download Ra mod and install it again. Unfortunatelly I can't do this because download process doesn't want to start at all. Any chance to upload it on mediafire or rapidshare ?
Download works fine for me: maybe you have to check your browser settings or internet connection options.
Старый 30-06-2010, 11:30   #1032
Jaf
БЧ-2

Цитата:
Hmmm... No, it doesn't. It happened in mission http://www.mediafire.com/?gwfwyo3q2zk for Akula I. Maybe it is Win7 bug, maybe not. Please check it and give me an answer.
The enemies at once detect the radar emission and after a while Kitty Hawk launches two Vikings, who are attacking me.

Important note: When creating a mission You MUST insert O.H.Perry*AI* (with MH-60R AI Helo) instead of O.H.Perry*User* (with MH-60R -PlayerCtrl-) if you do not use it as manned, otherwise disrupted helicopters work.
You must insert O.H.Perry*User* in mission ONLY if you will manage it.
All this concerned Udaloy*User* & Udaloy*AI* too.

Цитата:
I wanted to download Ra mod and install it again. Unfortunatelly I can't do this because download process doesn't want to start at all.
Try another browser (Opera etc.)
Or try this link:
http://dangerouswaters.pl/download/RaDWX_v1.1_new.rar
Старый 30-06-2010, 20:00   #1033
whiskey111
Corporal

Thank you for alternative link. Unfortunately resinstalling Ra mod didn't help.

AI surface doesn't react of my sub radar.
Additionaly I found something new: this happened only for US subs. Radar antenna was broken in every attempt to extract it. I hope this is only Win7 bug.

What is the chance to make RA mod playable on Win7 ?
Старый 30-06-2010, 20:36   #1034
Jaf
БЧ-2

Цитата:
Additionaly I found something new: this happened only for US subs. Radar antenna was broken in every attempt to extract it. I hope this is only Win7 bug. What is the chance to make RA mod playable on Win7 ?
This is not Win7 bug - this is inability to use the materiel :)
For successfull radar use you must go to radar depth (not to PD).
See "USNI Referense > Ownship Information" section for appropriate depth&speed for radar operation.
Старый 30-06-2010, 21:18   #1035
goldorak
Sergeant

Цитата:
Сообщение от Jaf Посмотреть сообщение
This is not Win7 bug - this is inability to use the materiel
For successfull radar use you must go to radar depth (not to PD).
See "USNI Referense > Ownship Information" section for appropriate depth&speed for radar operation.

Whiskey111, READ THE FREAKING MANUAL.
goldorak вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 30-06-2010, 21:52   #1036
whiskey111
Corporal

My mistake my Master. I was looking at radio depth not radar.
Старый 01-07-2010, 00:55   #1037
whiskey111
Corporal

1. I did a lot of tests about this radar issue. And it isn't win7 bug, it's RA bug.

Akula vs Spruance
When Akula was about 20nm to Spruance I could lock on it by radar. Spruance didn't see me. No any reaction of Spruance was noticed.

Spruance was able to detect my radar when I was about 5nm to it. Then attacked me by torpedos and subrocks.

The same conclusion had my friend. He uses winXP.

2. What is the maximum range of launching torpedo to receive the message "torpedo in the water" ?

Последний раз редактировалось whiskey111; 01-07-2010 в 02:53.
Старый 01-07-2010, 16:51   #1038
Jaf
БЧ-2

Цитата:
I did a lot of tests about this radar issue. And it isn't win7 bug, it's RA bug.
A brilliant conclusion :)
Before drawing such conclusions you must at least checked how it works in a clean version of DW or in other mods. Do not you?

Цитата:
Akula vs Spruance
When Akula was about 20nm to Spruance I could lock on it by radar. Spruance didn't see me. No any reaction of Spruance was noticed.
The Spruance saw you, but you were out of its torpedoes and he began to prepare the helicopter for the launch. And since you have most likely disabled QuickAircraftLaunch option, then Spruance launch helicopter to you only after an hour - that's you were not see for his reaction.
Enable QuickAircraftLaunch and see the result.

Цитата:
Spruance was able to detect my radar when I was about 5nm to it. Then attacked me by torpedos and subrocks.
Now you're in range of weapons.

Цитата:
What is the maximum range of launching torpedo to receive the message "torpedo in the water" ?
The maximum range at which you can see the message "torpedo in the water" is 3nm
Старый 01-07-2010, 18:11   #1039
goldorak
Sergeant

Цитата:
The Spruance saw you, but you were out of its torpedoes and he began to prepare the helicopter for the launch. And since you have most likely disabled QuickAircraftLaunch option, then Spruance launch helicopter to you only after an hour - that's you were not see for his reaction.
Enable QuickAircraftLaunch and see the result.
@ Jaf : is it possibile that you modify the alert status of the ASW helicopters from 60 minutes to 15 minutes ? Or is this value somehow hardcoded in the navalsimengine ?
goldorak вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 01-07-2010, 19:04   #1040
dd149
Sergeant

Цитата:
Сообщение от goldorak Посмотреть сообщение
@ Jaf : is it possibile that you modify the alert status of the ASW helicopters from 60 minutes to 15 minutes ? Or is this value somehow hardcoded in the navalsimengine ?
Agreed, 15 to 30 min seem more realistic, how could an alert crew in real life do nothing for more than 45min after detection of unknown/assume hostile sub? Hopefully it is not hard coded as many other bugs by Sonalysts
dd149 вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Ответ