Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 22-02-2010, 01:59   #501
goldorak
Sergeant

Цитата:
Сообщение от Lau Посмотреть сообщение
Hi Goldorak,

I have many different versions of RA_mod as well as a patch that you once released in the subsim forum. In order to see exactly what you see and try to contribute to this awesome work, could you please let me know where can I dowload the version you are using. In order to keep my self up to date, please let me know where will the new versions be released, posted for dowload and further testing?

[cut]
Hi Lau,

Yes those are the links to download the latest version, DWX/RA 1.0.
You can download DWX 1.0 together with the patches for the specific 1.0 version from CADC, I uploaded it there some time ago.
Otherwise use the official links.
There was also an australian website that hosted the mod but I have no idea of its address. I think they posted the info on subsim in the RA thread.

For installation, please read this thread.
I already wrote in a previous page in a very clear and detailed fashion how to install the mod. Its not difficult, just follow the steps one by one.
goldorak вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 22-02-2010, 03:18   #502
whiskey111
Corporal

Dead zone is ok.
But this sound is hearable despite of dead zones. Not in RA mod unfortunately.
whiskey111 вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 22-02-2010, 14:12   #503
goldorak
Sergeant

Red face

Цитата:
Сообщение от whiskey111 Посмотреть сообщение
I'm wonderring about active intercept sonar issue. As we know, there is a gap for active intercept - on the stern.
The main idea is to make torpedo undetected when it is attacking us from our stern side.
But due to this new issue we have a new unrealistic event - we can't hear DD/FFG (whatever else) which is pinging us on the stern side.
Цитата:
Dead zone is ok.
But this sound is hearable despite of dead zones. Not in RA mod unfortunately.

The main idea is not to make the torpedo undetected, you can still see it on sonar. The main idea is that whenever the torpedo is in the active intercept dead zone you won't hear its active pings. And this of course works also for all other kinds of active pings. If you have a ship that pings you from behind it is in the dead zone so you won't hear its active pings in the active intercept. This is not a bug, it works as it is intended.

I don't understand you. In the first post you say that not hearing the DD/FFG or whatever else is pinging us from the stern is unrealistic. And in the second post you say that the ping is hearable in the dead zone.

If you have a dead zone in the active intercept, then its a dead zone for any kind of active pings (torpedo, active sonar from ships, etc...).
Старый 22-02-2010, 19:23   #504
whiskey111
Corporal

I wrote that: (...) this sound is hearable despite of dead zones. (means in real)
Not in RA mod unfortunately.

I have an anusual question: can you make this change (mod active intercept) enabled by JGSME in RAmod1.1 ?

In my selfish point of view a little upgrade you did is a big disadvantage for the whole game.
Старый 22-02-2010, 21:31   #505
goldorak
Sergeant

Red face

Цитата:
I wrote that: (...) this sound is hearable despite of dead zones. (means in real)
Not in RA mod unfortunately.
Ok I understand now. Even if the sensor has a dead zone, people inside the submarine could still hear the pings from a ship astern of the sub in real life.

Цитата:
I have an anusual question: can you make this change (mod active intercept) enabled by JGSME in RAmod1.1 ?
I sincerly have no idea.

Цитата:
In my selfish point of view a little upgrade you did is a big disadvantage for the whole game.
I don't know.
Lets talk about the game, not the real life situation.
What good would an active intercept sensor be (with a dead zone) if you could hear pings coming from ships behind you ? It wouldn't make any sense. Just play with a 360 active intercept and be done with it. In this case you would hear pings (from torpedoes, from ships) from every possible direction.

But the moment you introduce in the game, a dead zone for active intercept then the only sensible way to make use of such a feature is to make the dead zone a dead zone for every possible ping coming from that direction (torpedo or ship active sonar).
Старый 23-02-2010, 18:48   #506
whiskey111
Corporal

Yesterday I played a mission: I was Aukal (my favourite sub) and enemy OHP was pinging me for two ours. I didn't know about this because this ship was in my dead zone. I lost all advantages of beeing undetected because I missed the event how enemy FFG was closing to me.

Of course you can say that the key to avoid this kind of situation is making "crazy ivan" manoeuvre but by this we will make modern subs disadvantaged.
Старый 23-02-2010, 19:03   #507
goldorak
Sergeant

Talking

Цитата:
Yesterday I played a mission: I was Aukal (my favourite sub) and enemy OHP was pinging me for two ours. I didn't know about this because this ship was in my dead zone. I lost all advantages of beeing undetected because I missed the event how enemy FFG was closing to me.

Of course you can say that the key to avoid this kind of situation is making "crazy ivan" manoeuvre but by this we will make modern subs disadvantaged.

No, the key is not to make a crazy ivan, but to use your available sensors.
Towed array gives you vision on your baffles (corresponding to the dead zone of the active intercept). And even had you not used the towed array, it is always good pratice every now and then to change course. Not necessarily 180 degrees (crazy ivan) but only 30 degrees so that you can clear your baffles.
If you can't use passive sensors, go to periscope depth and use the periscope for visual recognition or esm mast.

Whiskey111 : the stern of a sub is its most vulnerable spot. Since the active intercept has a dead zone right there, it is your duty every once a while to change course so that you can see whats right behind you. It doesn't make the game more difficult, its just part of the what a subdriver has to do to keep situational awareness. You have to use this tactic in RA and LWami.
So no, the active intercept is not broken in RA, it works as it was designed.

But I agree with you that having a 360 degree active intercept makes tha game easier for the sub driver.
Старый 23-02-2010, 21:16   #508
whiskey111
Corporal

It's not the case that something is easier or not. There are many situation when you can't use TW array or periscope. And by this mod you make modern sub more like from Second War.
This Active Intercept mod could be ok in situation when the "ping" is hearable dispite of dead zone. Now is just more difficult and nothing more.

Remember that helos are not detectable by TW...

How about AI subs ? Do they have this dead zone too?
Старый 23-02-2010, 21:21   #509
whiskey111
Corporal

It's not the case that something is easier or not. There are many situation when you can't use towed array (shallow water) or periscope. And by this mod you make modern sub more like these from Second War.
This Active Intercept mod could be ok in situation when the "ping" is hearable dispite of dead zone. Now is just more difficult and nothing more.

Старый 23-02-2010, 21:23   #510
whiskey111
Corporal

Sorry for that. Please delete my first post
Старый 23-02-2010, 22:02   #511
goldorak
Sergeant

Цитата:
It's not the case that something is easier or not. There are many situation when you can't use TW array or periscope. And by this mod you make modern sub more like from Second War.
What kind of situations ?
If you can't use the TA or the periscope, you can always do a change course of 30 degrees, and this will put the previous dead zone within coverage of active intercept.

Цитата:
If you have a dead zone in the active intercept, then its a dead zone for ALL types of active pings. It doesn't make sense in the game to have a dead zone in the active intercept only for torpedo pings and not for other kinds of active pings (and I'm not even sure you could mod such a feature).

Цитата:
Go deep, if you can't then change course often to be sure nobody is pinging you in the rear.

Цитата:
This I do not know, we should ask CrazyIvan.
Старый 23-02-2010, 22:31   #512
Lau
Senior Aircraftsman

Thank you Goldorak, I will do exactly that

At the moment I am mostly reading the interesting post since the start of this tread.

I do know that my question comes a bit early as I have not yet given any contribution to the read alert team, but here it comes : how hard it will be to add a Rubis SSN in V1.1 ? German do have a sub as many other countries, will it be possible to add a french sub even if the outer doors do not open in the 3D view... Sub details are already typed in the USNI ref and sub is already modeled in AI... By saying all this I can understand how busy is the team with all the details at hand. But hey who never ask, never get : )

Quick Sub info :
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubis_(..._de_sous-marin)

Presentation mouvie
YouTube- SSN Rubis - Amethyste Nuclear Attack Submarine

If the answer is yes, I am ready to investigate more details about the sub real capabilities. The aim as allways will be to challenge other navyes platforms with the advantages and disadvantages of the french nuclear sub technology.

Thank you for considering this with the modders

Kind regards,

Lau

Последний раз редактировалось Lau; 23-02-2010 в 23:11.
Lau вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 23-02-2010, 23:20   #513
goldorak
Sergeant

Lau,

If you read the thread you would know that I asked the modders some time ago to add the latest french SSBN. They ended up adding 2 french SNA but not of the latest generation I think.

In any case since the database from the next version RA.1.1 should be open, people can add new models at will, even if the modders won't.

Ok : I went back in the thread just to be sure, and the modders added 2 playable french SNA, the Rubis SSN (France)
and the Améthyste SSN (France).
Старый 24-02-2010, 00:26   #514
Jaf
БЧ-2

Цитата:
Сообщение от Lau Посмотреть сообщение
I do know that my question comes a bit early as I have not yet given any contribution to the read alert team, but here it comes : how hard it will be to add a Rubis SSN in V1.1 ? German do have a sub as many other countries, will it be possible to add a french sub even if the outer doors do not open in the 3D view... Sub details are already typed in the USNI ref and sub is already modeled in AI... By saying all this I can understand how busy is the team with all the details at hand. But hey who never ask, never get : )
You woke up late, sir :)
Rubis and Améthyste already (29.12.2009) included in RA 1.1 (with animated doors)
Миниатюры
Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: Rubis.jpg
Просмотров: 664
Размер:	21.5 Кб
ID:	8387   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: Amethyste.jpg
Просмотров: 629
Размер:	29.4 Кб
ID:	8388  
Jaf вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 24-02-2010, 00:51   #515
Lau
Senior Aircraftsman

Gentlemens,

I could not have expected a better answer, her are my feelings : I wanted a french playable sub and I get it in no time! Sometimes inocence is the best way of living, just drifting in a buble

Guys you made my day !

Ah, did you know that the French Rubis class is the smallest nuclear attack submarine in the world... Hope you dont as I am trying to show a brighter side of my poor knowledge

http://www.military-today.com/navy/rubis_class.htm

I will keep up reading as there is much I need to catch up with...

Thank you again,

Lau
Lau вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 24-02-2010, 13:37   #516
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
Сообщение от goldorak Посмотреть сообщение
What kind of situations ?
If you can't use the TA or the periscope, you can always do a change course of 30 degrees, and this will put the previous dead zone within coverage of active intercept.

If you have a dead zone in the active intercept, then its a dead zone for ALL types of active pings. It doesn't make sense in the game to have a dead zone in the active intercept only for torpedo pings and not for other kinds of active pings (and I'm not even sure you could mod such a feature).

Go deep, if you can't then change course often to be sure nobody is pinging you in the rear.

This I do not know, we should ask CrazyIvan.

AI Subs - have baffle zones.
Вложения
Тип файла: rar Baffles Zone.rar (1.0 Кб, 397 просмотров)
CrazyIvan вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 24-02-2010, 14:16   #517
whiskey111
Corporal

Цитата:
Сообщение от goldorak
If you have a dead zone in the active intercept, then its a dead zone for ALL types of active pings. It doesn't make sense in the game to have a dead zone in the active intercept only for torpedo pings and not for other kinds of active pings (and I'm not even sure you could mod such a feature)
You don't understand me. I didn't say that.
My point is that by making any dead zones (for active intercept) you limited natural warning system which is hearable sound of active active sonar.

But, I think we must cut down this discussion. It's pointless.
Старый 24-02-2010, 14:31   #518
goldorak
Sergeant

Цитата:
You don't understand me. I didn't say that.
My point is that by making any dead zones (for active intercept) you limited natural warning system which is hearable sound of active active sonar.

But, I think we must cut down this discussion. It's pointless.
No problem, its just we have different opinions on this matter.
Anyway if you want to play with an active intercept that has no dead zones try the Alfa Tau 3 mod.
Старый 24-02-2010, 19:46   #519
whiskey111
Corporal

I like RA_mod. I like very much the bahaviour of torpedos and a lot of other things which are only in RA_mod

By the way, I would to ask about something:
as we know helos launched from OHP or Udaloy can be controlled bu human up to range of 30nm max (or something about this). Could this range be increased to, for example 100nm?
Старый 24-02-2010, 20:57   #520
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
I like RA_mod. I like very much the bahaviour of torpedos and a lot of other things which are only in RA_mod

By the way, I would to ask about something:
as we know helos launched from OHP or Udaloy can be controlled bu human up to range of 30nm max (or something about this). Could this range be increased to, for example 100nm?
Stock range about 20 nmi.
In - RA- ver 1.1, is increased up to 50 miles.
CrazyIvan вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Ответ