Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 16-06-2017, 17:17   #1
Kendricks
Aircraftsman

A WIP bug/error list of mine:

Designations
- EA-6A Intruder -> Prowler - The Intruder was the A6, not EA6
- Tresher class -> Permit class (renamed after Thresher was lost with all hands in '63).
- Yasen/Graney class -> Severodvinsk class (NATO reporting name)
- Borey class -> Dolgorukiy class (NATO reporting name)
- Lada class -> St. Petersburg class (NATO reporting name)
- Lada and other AIP boats are designated as SSK -> It should be SSI.
- The term SSK was retired and is not used officially anymore -> It is only SS (SSI resp.) now.
- Measurements in USNI library are pure chaos, see pic for example: http://i.imgur.com/5tWffGQ.png
(ft, ft., feet, ...)
This kind of style continues across the USNI, and should really be avoided.

Realism/Authenticity
- Los Angeles (FLT I) passive sonar SL is 61, Akula-I SL is 60 -> LA FLT I boats are quieter than Akula-I though, according to (declassified) US Naval Intelligence sources.

This is just what I caught on first glimpse, many of these existing since 1.40/1.41.
Kendricks вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 16-06-2017, 20:27   #2
pepe
Sergeant

Цитата:
Сообщение от Kendricks Посмотреть сообщение
This kind of style continues across the USNI, and should really be avoided.
Do these errors really bother you so much?
I have proposal for you. Please place here corrected version of USNI for every unit in game. You have a unique chance to change something that irritates you so much
pepe вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 16-06-2017, 20:38   #3
Kendricks
Aircraftsman

Цитата:
Сообщение от pepe Посмотреть сообщение
Do these errors really bother you so much?
I have proposal for you. Please place here corrected version of USNI for every unit in game. You have a unique chance to change something that irritates you so much
Yes, they do, otherwise I would not have listed it.
I believe in the mantra "if you do something, do it right!".

I never was a fan of lazy, half-assed sloppy work full of mistakes of whatever nature.
Are you?

And I am reworking the complete USNI myself indeed. Started a while ago, with 1.41, but it is tedious work, obviously, and in the end only for myself anyways, or maybe as a sub-mod once finished.
Старый 16-06-2017, 22:39   #4
pepe
Sergeant

Цитата:
Сообщение от Kendricks Посмотреть сообщение
I never was a fan of lazy, half-assed sloppy work full of mistakes of whatever nature.
Are you?

And I am reworking the complete USNI myself indeed. Started a while ago, with 1.41, but it is tedious work, obviously, and in the end only for myself anyways, or maybe as a sub-mod once finished.
Why you think this work is only for yourself? You should show your perfect (non-lazy) work to community but i affraid you have nothing. Am I right?

And i think RA is now huge modification where some things are more important than "cosmetics", so i can't agree with you.
pepe вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 17-06-2017, 15:30   #5
Kendricks
Aircraftsman

Цитата:
Сообщение от pepe Посмотреть сообщение
Why you think this work is only for yourself? You should show your perfect (non-lazy) work to community but i affraid you have nothing. Am I right?

And i think RA is now huge modification where some things are more important than "cosmetics", so i can't agree with you.
First of all, you can really cease the hostile tone.
Just because you do not share my point of view or opinion, does not mean you need to attack me, even imply I am lying, as it won't lead anywhere - will it? We can debate this, RA could only profit by it, but not like this.

At the moment my USNI re-work isn't public because it is farfrom complete, which I said before, so maybe before you criticize or mock me, you may read more carefully?

That RA is a huge project and that there must be priorities, is undeniable.
However, that is no excuse for being sloppy and/or lazy, and the size of the project is a burden that was chosen by the RA team, not me.

You may just call it "cosmetic", I call it paramount for immersion.
If every briefing is full of typos, wrong lingo, or grammatical errors, sorry, I don't feel immersed at all.
Again: My opinion, no need to get all defensive again.
Ответ