Red Rodgers  

Вернуться   Red Rodgers > Запасная полоса > S.C.S. Dangerous Waters

Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 25-09-2016, 23:03   #1
Vetehinen
Aircraftsman

Link communication, bug or "feature"?

I'm using RA 1.40. I noticed it's possible to maintain link contact with friendly submarines even if they are not at comms depth but a lot deeper. Just asking if this is a bug or something or an intended feature - because it's quite gamey.
I think:

1. ELF should not be used to establish a link contact at all - in RL it's not suitable for that
2. Link contact with a submarine should be possible only if the sub is at comms depth.

[U]How to reproduce[U]

1. Place one playable and one AI submarine on a clean map, set depth for both at 1200 ft for example. Save and exit the editor.
2. Run the mission you saved.
3. Stream out ELF wire and wait. After a while you'll have a link contact with the AI submarine.
Vetehinen вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 26-09-2016, 04:02   #2
USA~Driver
Corporal

Цитата:
I'm using RA 1.40. I noticed it's possible to maintain link contact with friendly submarines even if they are not at comms depth but a lot deeper. Just asking if this is a bug or something or an intended feature - because it's quite gamey.

Цитата:
Сообщение от CrazyIvan Посмотреть сообщение

PS. Unfortunately "Comms Depth" in the game to work incorrect.
The submarine can get link contact even at great depths.
You can verify this by making "promote link" to some sort of object.
AI submarine comes up with a very large depth and shoot.
I had somewhat the same issue some time ago and this was the response I was given, addressed here. http://www.redrodgers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6538

Hope this helps.
USA~Driver вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 26-09-2016, 19:20   #3
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Unfortunately game uses the same depth for both the reception and transmission contacts.

However - you can not see another Sub AI, if it is below the depth of communication.
The scenario will show - Foxtrot, will not be visible on the navigation map - as below the depth of communication. 688 - will be seen as the depth of the communication, set for ELF reception.

PS: The biggest drawback of default version of the DW game is that the AI sub, can be caused by a player with any depth - even greater than the depth of the communication.

You do promote the link , and AI subs starts to attack your target (for example -AI SSGN, such as Oscars or Echo-II).

It has been eliminated.
Вложения
Тип файла: 7z ELF_Contacts.7z (609 байт, 796 просмотров)

Последний раз редактировалось CrazyIvan; 28-09-2016 в 00:56.
CrazyIvan вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 06-12-2016, 15:01   #4
Vetehinen
Aircraftsman

Ok, I understand the basic problem - i.e. that game uses same depth for both the reception and transmission.

However, opposite what you told about Foxtrot/688 example, CrazyIvan, I'm able to see friendly subs through link even if they are a lot deeper than comms depth. I don't know why, but that's the case. I have also checked my settings - everything is ok (I mean no "show truth" set or something else - only "show link contacts" is checked). Maybe this is releated to the original problem with reception/transmitting depths.
Vetehinen вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 06-12-2016, 16:16   #5
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Version 1.41 is fix. Below the comms depth sub not visible.
However, contacts of AI subs, will be broadcast to any depth - it can not be corrected.