Red Rodgers  

Вернуться   Red Rodgers > Запасная полоса > S.C.S. Dangerous Waters

Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 12-06-2010, 13:45   #941
cayman
Corporal

Is there any manual for Red October engine operation?

whenever I engadge ahead flank, "the Hydrodynamic propulsion system lost"

under 150m, no more than 25 kts, is that right?
cayman вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 12-06-2010, 15:02   #942
PJB
Senior Aircraftsman

Цитата:
Сообщение от PJB Посмотреть сообщение
The MPT-1UE the torp from the SS-N-27ASW rocket does not ping when searching. The usni and manual say its active/passive homing, the stallion torp says the same but you can hear and see it in active intercept. If this is not a bug then what is the range of the passive sonar for this torp pls. This was discovered in a mulit-player game and was tested with see truth on.
Oops upom further testing on a LAN Laptop to PC i discovered that pings are heard, just torp must be close to target for target to hear pings. Sry about first post. RA is the best mod ever.
PJB вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 12-06-2010, 15:32   #943
goldorak
Sergeant

Цитата:
Сообщение от cayman Посмотреть сообщение
Is there any manual for Red October engine operation?

whenever I engadge ahead flank, "the Hydrodynamic propulsion system lost"

under 150m, no more than 25 kts, is that right?
No, try a lower threshold for speed.
goldorak вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 13-06-2010, 10:40   #944
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
Сообщение от PJB Посмотреть сообщение
Oops upom further testing on a LAN Laptop to PC i discovered that pings are heard, just torp must be close to target for target to hear pings. Sry about first post. RA is the best mod ever.

Torpedo should be also in acceptable depth.

If the target (OwnSub) does not get in a cone of a torpedo (both in horizontal, and in vertical) - that you nor can hear ping of a torpedo.
CrazyIvan вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 13-06-2010, 11:04   #945
goldorak
Sergeant

Question

Цитата:
Сообщение от CrazyIvan Посмотреть сообщение
Torpedo should be also in acceptable depth.

If the target (OwnSub) does not get in a cone of a torpedo (both in horizontal, and in vertical) - that you nor can hear ping of a torpedo.
Hi CrazyIvan,

What are the values for vertical and horizontal distance of torpedo cone ?
And is the value the same for all torpedoes ?
Старый 13-06-2010, 11:23   #946
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
Сообщение от goldorak Посмотреть сообщение
Hi CrazyIvan,

What are the values for vertical and horizontal distance of torpedo cone ?
And is the value the same for all torpedoes ?
Different.

Some of distinction are available.

see post #456 - about this aspect. (Page #12)

Последний раз редактировалось CrazyIvan; 13-06-2010 в 18:25.
Старый 13-06-2010, 15:59   #947
Lau
Senior Aircraftsman

French Fleet in RAmod

@ Goldorak & Modders

Ok I am talking with Nemo about creation of other units missing in the French fleet as well as revisiting performance and ammo load in French submarines. This will create a new data base in RA, my question is will Betasom agree to install this in order to play with MS?

If not then you will understand why I tried so much for the modders to revise Rubis and Amethyste parameters so we are able to play against other platforms in game. Yes we can play with other existent platforms in game, but same as Russian or US, we like to play with our flag colors

My aim is that for international events/tournaments french team is really able to play with French platforms, therefore representing France.

This will bring new playable units as well as improved 3D models

- One French surface unit + hélicopter - based on OHP and MH60 interfaces
- One plain based on P3 interfaces
- and one SSBN based on LA interfaces (like done for Ohio)

If this project succeed I plan to add other units from the French fleet to the game.

We will need help with modding tools used by the RA modders and advice on how to do this (complete list of tools used by the team will be great so we can keep the good quality of work already done).

At the moment I am using DWedit, but it is not enough...

We can arrange conference call on TS with our Russian translator DD149 to move on with this French project.

I hope we can count on your help with this idea.

Greetings,

Lau

PS : Else perhaps RAmoders could create this for us so we can add it to the existing RAmod "dreaming has never been expensive, unless dreams become reality"
Lau вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 13-06-2010, 17:19   #948
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
Сообщение от Lau Посмотреть сообщение
@ Goldorak & Modders

Ok I am talking with Nemo about creation of other units missing in the French fleet as well as revisiting performance and ammo load in French submarines. This will create a new data base in RA, my question is will Betasom agree to install this in order to play with MS?

If not then you will understand why I tried so much for the modders to revise Rubis and Amethyste parameters so we are able to play against other platforms in game. Yes we can play with other existent platforms in game, but same as Russian or US, we like to play with our flag colors

My aim is that for international events/tournaments french team is really able to play with French platforms, therefore representing France.

If this project succeed I plan to add other units from the French fleet to the game.

We will need help with modding tools used by the RA modders and advice on how to do this (complete list of tools used by the team will be great so we can keep the good quality of work already done).

At the moment I am using DWedit, but it is not enough...

We can arrange conference call on TS with our Russian translator DD149 to move on with this French project.

I hope we can count on your help with this idea.

Greetings,

Lau

PS : Else perhaps RAmoders could create this for us so we can add it to the existing RAmod "dreaming has never been expensive, unless dreams become reality"

Before to make of mod, (even on a basis DWX), you should be familiar with the mechanics this sim.
As does work code NavalSimEngine, other executed files.
And other many, many, features ( for example data, inaccessible to change, in DWEdit.)

Aspiration to make submarines Rubis and Amethyst it is ""better" than they are actually is interestingly probably only for you.
I already spoke you concerning torpedos F17. We have established such characteristics - which are available actually.
To you will not come in a head, that is possible for the player by the helicopter MH-60 engage against Air Carrier and to destroy him?
We have made so - that the designer missions should realize - what platform, is capable to resist to other platform.
I understand your desire to have French "Seawolf" similar Sub.
However tasks -RA- of addition, were a reconstruction of the most true condition of platforms by the current moment.
And if Rubis too loud, and the torpedos F 17 not too "long range" - in it are guilty not we, and those designers which have made this real arms.
However we shall return to our theme:
When that, I gave to the recommendation for Aaken, and on the basis of it by him was made Alfa Tau 3.
Unfortunately - we have no more time for training lessons.
Sorry.
Старый 14-06-2010, 01:03   #949
Lau
Senior Aircraftsman

Hi CrazyIvan,

First of all, thank you very much for your quick reply

Цитата:
Before to make of mod, (even on a basis DWX), you should be familiar with the mechanics this sim.
As does work code NavalSimEngine, other executed files.
And other many, many, features ( for example data, inaccessible to change, in DWEdit.)
We are working on this, we can understand that you have no time to help, perhaps there are other members of the community that can.

Цитата:
Aspiration to make submarines Rubis and Amethyst it is ""better" than they are actually is interestingly probably only for you.
Not only for me, for the french community and also to use the submarines you made for us. Also for the idea of having a French virtual navy in DW for international tournaments. For this project we have time and we will work every day to build this project. In fact we alredy started.

There is no plan to build an other RA, we will play with RA your RA, we just want to continue developping new units and use them in MP games. Basically finalise the french virtual navy that you greatly started.

Цитата:
I already spoke you concerning torpedos F17. We have established such characteristics - which are available actually.
To you will not come in a head, that is possible for the player by the helicopter MH-60 engage against Air Carrier and to destroy him?
We have made so - that the designer missions should realize - what platform, is capable to resist to other platform.
I understand your desire to have French "Seawolf" similar Sub.
However tasks -RA- of addition, were a reconstruction of the most true condition of platforms by the current moment.
And if Rubis too loud, and the torpedos F 17 not too "long range" - in it are guilty not we, and those designers which have made this real arms.
Yes you are right on this and we have no plans to add French Seawolf or improve Rubis thrust or F17 mod 2. On the other hand we would like to add more French units based on must true condition of platforms by current moment to finalise our virtual navy.

Please do not forget that you are simply guessing french sub parameter, according to enlisted staff in the french navy that are part of MilleSabord your guess is wrong in some points. So yes it is normal that we point it out. Now if you do not want to change this it is fine with us.

Цитата:
However we shall return to our theme:
When that, I gave to the recommendation for Aaken, and on the basis of it by him was made Alfa Tau 3.
Unfortunately - we have no more time for training lessons.
Sorry.
Perhaps this could change in the near future, please let us know. In the mean time we will try to advance with this project.

As said before, this is a formal request and we have no plans of creating a new mod based on all your hard work. We just want to continue developing our virtual navy in RAmod, same as you did for Russian fleet.

Thank you for your great mod !

Lau

Последний раз редактировалось Lau; 14-06-2010 в 02:58.
Старый 14-06-2010, 03:24   #950
dyshman
Senior Aircraftsman

hi, Lau
as i understand, your team intends to add French units. what are they?
may be patrol aircraft Atlantic? what helix you'll add? what surface ships? Tourville or Cassard?
nobody forget that you have "enlisted staff", 45 knots speed of seawolf or 700 meters diving depth of Alfa really demonstrate his "good" lewel of knowledge. whats wrong with Rubis parameters in RA? all game characteristics are actually links to reality. see my old post about Rubis.
we also have professional advisors. we personally consulted with retired navy officer, who have served on Victor III, Akula and Oscar II as weapons officer.
dyshman вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 14-06-2010, 04:43   #951
MSNemo
Leading Aircraftsman

I think Lau is just a bit too motivated to French units.

In fact his project is to mod french units for added later to RA
We know you do not have time to meet the requirements of each so we offered you the idea that we create ourselves French units to send them to you later for possible inclusion in RA.

Primarily we would like to add the ATL, Lynx, George Leygues.
Possibly a SSBN.

To return to the topic of Amethyst and Ruby.
The programming of Amethyste does not shock me
For Ruby it is more difficult because they have been redesigned to take the standard Amethyste.
MSNemo вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 14-06-2010, 10:42   #952
dd149
Sergeant

I concur with Nemo,

We understand that you are busy with modifications and corrections in the core game engine and exe codes. The results are already impressive and all players can touch by themselves how better the game has become.

Our idea was to base on your core work and to try to add some more units, not to disturb you with unwanted distractions. The mods would be free for everybody to add in future obviously.

The units we want to add are already made clear by Nemo and Lau.

The job to get 3d models and to mod whatever has to be modded (DB and interfaces) would be ours entirely. This should be possible without interfering to the core (hopefully).

Thanks for opening the exchange with us anyway and again thanks for the great improvements.

Can you tell us on which part you are now working?

DW has already become much better from the community efforts, and .we believe that we can maybe push it even further if all agree to share some development work, what is your idea on that?:
dd149 вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 15-06-2010, 01:43   #953
Lau
Senior Aircraftsman

Цитата:
Сообщение от dyshman Посмотреть сообщение
hi, Lau
as i understand, your team intends to add French units. what are they?
may be patrol aircraft Atlantic? what helix you'll add? what surface ships? Tourville or Cassard?
nobody forget that you have "enlisted staff", 45 knots speed of seawolf or 700 meters diving depth of Alfa really demonstrate his "good" lewel of knowledge. whats wrong with Rubis parameters in RA? all game characteristics are actually links to reality. see my old post about Rubis.
we also have professional advisors. we personally consulted with retired navy officer, who have served on Victor III, Akula and Oscar II as weapons officer.
Hi Dyshman,

Yes you are correct our aim is extension of french fleet, same as you did for Russian fleet. Units as mentioned by Nemo.

This will be hard without your help, but in the same way you dreamed about RA before making it, we think of french fleet and we will do our best to build it, even sending you a box of french wine

With RA you have opened ways out of what seemed impossible, so here we are, also willing to have our fleet to play with french units during international tournaments. Any virtual fleet will dream of this, just because we love DW.

If you do not have the time to do this at least provide us with the basic information to accomplish this part of the development and once done integrate it in RA mod if you want. Or if you do not want to share, then perhaps a little help in adding these units with what ever values your professional advisors will suggest.

We have discussed our startreck story before, so lets not start again. You added Suffren for us and I am so happy that we can count on your help and the great mod that you have created. So our aim is not to say you are not doing your mod correctly, we know it is not easy to compile such an amount of information, so well done!

For us it will be a long process to get the know how to add the extra platforms of the french fleet, but if necessary we are ready to try. On the other hand for you it is an easy task as you already know the ins and outs of the DW Navalsymengine etc...

If you have no time to do this we can easely understand, thas all, very simple question.

We are a very active community and actively organising international challenges with other virtual fleets, the making of a french fleet with good game play will also benefit other virtual fleets as they will face new and different units, therefore making the game more interesting.

game play : what is the point in making french units that are too weak, nobody will use them. Yes you are right, museums are full of units that have no place in a modern warfare. Lets face it, it is hard to allways organise missions with old platforms, however a mix of bad, average and good platforms gives more choice and veriety of missions. So lets keep the fun in the game for the french team and other navies playing against us in friendly meetings.

did I say "thank you for your great mod"

Lau
Старый 15-06-2010, 03:08   #954
dyshman
Senior Aircraftsman

hi, Lau
of course, you are right. i'm partly agree with french community. we are respect your patriotic feelings, but main body of RA-team(who knows how to operate with .dll-files and navalsimengine: CrazyIvan, kpv974 and Jaf) made some platforms (like Victors I&II, Sturgeons and Harushio) hardly by my personal promise. i have started asking it more then year ago. personally I'm cant operate coding, and i can say, that I'm with some others man's, are "axillary staff" of RA-team. finding some information, consults, online-testing its our tasks.
CrazyIval told me that he bored to death with coding and making doctrines.
asking me to add new units is pointless gob. Ask CrazyIvan for it. May be, i repeat, MAY BE he will add it. probably he will consult you haw to make it later.(its only because "main body" bored to death with coding and troubleshooting)it only one reason why CrazyIvan do not want to do it NOW. lets them relax and enjoy playing )) are you agree, i hope?
what about online-meetengs, lets one fine evening we or you community participate mutual "battles"? we usually use OpenVPN conecting, rare Hamachi. post here if you interests
dyshman вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 15-06-2010, 08:50   #955
cayman
Corporal

Цитата:
Сообщение от dyshman Посмотреть сообщение
hi, Lau
CrazyIval told me that he bored to death with coding and making doctrines.
1000% agree I just finish building XIA SSBN play unit(add on base DWX1.1), I'm exhausted. but thanks to the hardwork RA team have done, building new playable unit is faster and better than before.
only when you build the units and mess with those dll files all by yourself then you can understand how oustanding work the RA team have achieved, and how hard it is.
once again! bravo! RA team. I salute you
Старый 15-06-2010, 08:51   #956
goldorak
Sergeant

Exclamation

Frankly more players should realise that we are NOT entitled to anything.
After all we are enjoying a free mod, a very complex piece of software made over the course of several years by a team of talented coders/modders.
No one can criticise CrazyIvan or any other mod member because they don't want or don't feel like adding another playable unit. They do this as a hobby not as a full time job, full time paid job I mean. And even with all the critics, CrazyIvan and others have been quite forthcoming to the wishes of the different player communities. God know how many things I asked him to modify etc... And most of the time he has not turned a deaf ear.
But if he doesn't want to add new playables or doesn't want to write an extensive documentation on the inner working of RA, whatever his reasons are we must accept it and leave it at that.
There is no point in continuosly prodding him, it is kind of rude if you get my drift.

If some player communities are so invested in having a complete playable national navy modelled in RA then its time to take the challenge. Study the mod, learn to mod and hack the code etc... It takes time and commitment.
RA was not made in a day, and neither will the extensions that some communities are asking for.
Старый 15-06-2010, 09:40   #957
cayman
Corporal

XIA class in DWX

XIA Class has 2 types actually. type 1, old one, the loudest nuke sub in the world; type 2, as 92G(G, meaning in chinese is improve).

so , I build 2 types of XIA class with different parameters: sound level; missile launch speed and depth limit;sonar;weapons;....etc, all base on reality and public knowledge

well, let the pictures speak

now, I'm hunting for good models for 093(SSN) 094(SSBN) YUAN class SONG class, it take times to build a navy. if you guys have useful resource, please feel free to enlight me

Последний раз редактировалось cayman; 15-06-2010 в 10:00.
Старый 15-06-2010, 09:50   #958
Lau
Senior Aircraftsman

Цитата:
Сообщение от goldorak Посмотреть сообщение
Frankly more players should realise that we are NOT entitled to anything.
After all we are enjoying a free mod, a very complex piece of software made over the course of several years by a team of talented coders/modders.
No one can criticise CrazyIvan or any other mod member because they don't want or don't feel like adding another playable unit. They do this as a hobby not as a full time job, full time paid job I mean. And even with all the critics, CrazyIvan and others have been quite forthcoming to the wishes of the different player communities. God know how many things I asked him to modify etc... And most of the time he has not turned a deaf ear.
But if he doesn't want to add new playables or doesn't want to write an extensive documentation on the inner working of RA, whatever his reasons are we must accept it and leave it at that.
There is no point in continuosly prodding him, it is kind of rude if you get my drift.

If some player communities are so invested in having a complete playable national navy modelled in RA then its time to take the challenge. Study the mod, learn to mod and hack the code etc... It takes time and commitment.
RA was not made in a day, and neither will the extensions that some communities are asking for.
Thank you Goldorak, but no need to defend RA team as no one is critisizing CrazyIvan or trying to be addamant on RA team, why should we do this ? We are just talking about future developments that we would like in RA mod so please cool down.

For the rest of your message I agree with you and we already are doing as much as we can to mod and create the rest of the french fleet. Also understand that as we speak the french community are playing every day and having fun with the RAmod, they play with many different platforms according to variety of scenarios. Sorry my messages did not reflect this as my part of the job is developping international events with other virtual navies and really think of completing a French virtual Navy. I do this for the french community and of curse for me. As Dyshman pointed out it is normal feeling he did the same and also you Goldorak and of curse we can wait, havent we already waited so long for RAmod, exchanging backwards and forwards messaged, perfecting the mod to this fantastic stage, so yes we fully support RAmod team and of curse they deserve to rest and yes we know we havent got any rights and have no intentions to have any. So no point in taking the conversation this way...

@Dyshman/Goldorak : We also play via IP so yes no problem to meet in a day of your convenience, let us know so we can check availability with other team members from the french team.

Lau

Последний раз редактировалось Lau; 15-06-2010 в 14:12.
Старый 15-06-2010, 10:25   #959
cayman
Corporal

Цитата:
Сообщение от Lau Посмотреть сообщение

french friends, your plans is viable, my advice: one step at a time, building a new playable Sub would be an easier start. if you already have a detail-fine Le Triomphant SSBN 3D model(or any other subs), I could make it playable for you.

Последний раз редактировалось cayman; 15-06-2010 в 10:50.
Старый 15-06-2010, 12:08   #960
Von Faust
Corporal

Hi, I have a problem with setting of TU-Bear air dropped torpedo.
With MPT-1UE (the torpedo control is similar Mk-50 air dropped torpedo correct ?) how can I set the value of FLOOR for example to 31000....21000... ?
The max value that I can insert is 13122.

It's possible to limit the maximum altitude and speed from which to launch the torpedoes or sonobuoys ? Launch from 10.000 meters at 620 knot is not too real ;-))))

Thank You !!!
Von Faust вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Ответ