Red Rodgers  

Вернуться   Red Rodgers > Запасная полоса > S.C.S. Dangerous Waters

Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 01-07-2010, 19:18   #1041
dd149
Sergeant

Hello Jaf And CrazyIvan, in the bug report of your site, several bugs are shown fixed, does it mean that the files have already been updated, or is a patch coming? I understand that regarding sound behavior (detection ranges / layers etc.) you have only decided to modify diesel subs for the time being. Do you consider that some other sound mod will be needed in addition to that one? Thanks again for your superb development work. Best regards
dd149 вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 01-07-2010, 20:57   #1042
Jaf
БЧ-2

Цитата:
Сообщение от goldorak Посмотреть сообщение
is it possibile that you modify the alert status of the ASW helicopters from 60 minutes to 15 minutes ? Or is this value somehow hardcoded in the navalsimengine?
Yes, it is hardcoded, but maybe it is possible to change - must look.
What is the real time for this operation?

Цитата:
Сообщение от dd149 Посмотреть сообщение
in the bug report of your site, several bugs are shown fixed, does it mean that the files have already been updated, or is a patch coming?
This means that we fix them and in the next version they will not appear, I hope :)
Jaf вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 01-07-2010, 21:01   #1043
dd149
Sergeant

Thanks Jaf!
Старый 01-07-2010, 22:59   #1044
goldorak
Sergeant

Цитата:
Сообщение от Jaf Посмотреть сообщение
Yes, it is hardcoded, but maybe it is possible to change - must look.
What is the real time for this operation?

You mean in real life ? I have no idea, but it seems reasonable that if an asw warship goes into an operation zone where there are presumably hostile submarine contacts, its helicopters are put in standby.
Surely not one hour to launch and prosecute the contact. I think something around 15 to 20 minutes should be acceptable. The helicopter is on the deck (not in the hangar), the weapons are already loaded, and the engine is not running. Check up procedures etc... shouldn't take very long.
goldorak вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 01-07-2010, 23:19   #1045
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
You mean in real life ? I have no idea, but it seems reasonable that if an asw warship goes into an operation zone where there are presumably hostile submarine contacts, its helicopters are put in standby.
Surely not one hour to launch and prosecute the contact. I think something around 15 to 20 minutes should be acceptable. The helicopter is on the deck (not in the hangar), the weapons are already loaded, and the engine is not running. Check up procedures etc... shouldn't take very long.
It is possible and now to set readiness of the helicopter in the editor.

Click the right button of the mouse by the ship in the mission editor.

Also enter - Flight Shedule.

5 minutes readiness - helicopter on a deck.
15 and 30 minutes - helicopter in a hangar.
CrazyIvan вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 02-07-2010, 00:52   #1046
goldorak
Sergeant

Question

@ CrazyIvan : I think the original question whiskey111 asked was related to quick missions. So right now when you play a quick mission, the asw warships put automatically the helicopters on alert 30, which means 60 minutes to launch.
Can you mod this value so that the warships would have the helicopters 15-20 minutes from launch and not 1 hour ? For the quick missions of course.
Старый 02-07-2010, 20:35   #1047
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
@ CrazyIvan : I think the original question whiskey111 asked was related to quick missions. So right now when you play a quick mission, the asw warships put automatically the helicopters on alert 30, which means 60 minutes to launch.
Can you mod this value so that the warships would have the helicopters 15-20 minutes from launch and not 1 hour ? For the quick missions of course.

In quick missions, the aircraft is under duress blocked.

At any conditions, air unit will not be created.
Старый 02-07-2010, 23:18   #1048
whiskey111
Corporal

Цитата:
Сообщение от goldorak
Now, I made a single player mission. Flight schedule was set up on 15min.

==========================================
-Jaf-
You were right about radar issue. I haven't play non-moded version that I completely forgot how it was.

By the way, I did several tests on win7 and winXP IN SINGLE PLAYER.

There is very interesting issue of "torpedo in the water' message.

For win7: I got this message in range of (about) 25nm
For winXP: as it was developed, in range of 3nm.

As long as I have tested this version of RA I have noticed only this difference between winXP and win7. AI behaviour is the same. Everything else work correctly on win7.

Additionaly one more question: I have an impression that all warships have the same range of radar. Any chance to fix it ?

I have no idea what is causing the difference of message range on win7. I hope it is fixable.
I would like to do for you any test you wish to make this mod fully compatible with win7.
I hope There is a chance to help you all who create this mod.

Последний раз редактировалось whiskey111; 02-07-2010 в 23:33.
whiskey111 вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 03-07-2010, 01:35   #1049
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
Сообщение от whiskey111 Посмотреть сообщение
Now, I made a single player mission. Flight schedule was set up on 15min.

==========================================
-Jaf-
You were right about radar issue. I haven't play non-moded version that I completely forgot how it was.

By the way, I did several tests on win7 and winXP IN SINGLE PLAYER.

There is very interesting issue of "torpedo in the water' message.

For win7: I got this message in range of (about) 25nm
For winXP: as it was developed, in range of 3nm.

As long as I have tested this version of RA I have noticed only this difference between winXP and win7. AI behaviour is the same. Everything else work correctly on win7.

Additionaly one more question: I have an impression that all warships have the same range of radar. Any chance to fix it ?

I have no idea what is causing the difference of message range on win7. I hope it is fixable.
I would like to do for you any test you wish to make this mod fully compatible with win7.
I hope There is a chance to help you all who create this mod.

Probably that there is a problem in due course of readiness 15 minutes.

I think that time 15 minutes - bugget. I do not receive rise of the helicopter in this time.
However readiness 30 minutes - works fine.

Concerning radars (surface search radars) - the distance is limited to horizon.

Height of masts - is not considered. Only value of the size of the radar signature.
Старый 07-07-2010, 17:46   #1050
Jaf
БЧ-2

Good news guys:
I hope that a bug in the game engine associated with drowning of unit with 0% damage was defeated.
It is only necessary to conduct more tests to confirm the stability of the result.
If the result is confirmed, it will be possible to make the sunk ships lying at the bottom, as requested by mr. goldorak
Старый 07-07-2010, 19:53   #1051
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
Good news guys:
I hope that a bug in the game engine associated with drowning of unit with 0% damage was defeated.
It is only necessary to conduct more tests to confirm the stability of the result.
If the result is confirmed, it will be possible to make the sunk ships lying at the bottom, as requested by mr. goldorak

Is checked up. Works absolutely correctly.

The description of the bug (Tested mission - attached):

On start of mission - you receive 28 % of damages from the mine.

Further - expect the second explosion (between 12:03 and 12:05).

After the second explosion - pay attention, that your submarine also has 28 % of damages - and thus she fatally begins to be crushed on depth.

This bug henceforth - was removed. The coming patch - will remove it.

Personal tnx for Jaf and Krabb!
Вложения
Тип файла: rar !_DAMAGE_BUG_1.rar (941 байт, 908 просмотров)

Последний раз редактировалось CrazyIvan; 08-07-2010 в 01:04.
Старый 07-07-2010, 21:03   #1052
whiskey111
Corporal

I thought that every sunk ship was lying on the bottom.
What kind of fix is it ?
Старый 07-07-2010, 21:45   #1053
goldorak
Sergeant

Цитата:
I thought that every sunk ship was lying on the bottom.
What kind of fix is it ?
No, up to now every sunk ship stays x minutes at the botton and it is taken out of the game by the navalsimengine.
With the fix Jaf and CrazyIvan have devised once a ship is sunk, it stays at the bottom for the rest of the game.
From a gameplay perspective it means that if you fire a torpedo that goes very very near the sunken ship it can hit it again instead of the real target. So now you need to have a general idea of where you sink your targets.
Старый 07-07-2010, 21:46   #1054
Jaf
БЧ-2

Цитата:
I thought that every sunk ship was lying on the bottom. What kind of fix is it ?
Of course, each sunk unit lies on the bottom, but after a while it is removed from the game.
We can make so that the wrecks were lying on the bottom - this will make the game in the shallow water more difficult and interesting.
Старый 07-07-2010, 22:39   #1055
cayman
Corporal

Цитата:
Of course, each sunk unit lies on the bottom, but after a while it is removed from the game.
We can make so that the wrecks were lying on the bottom - this will make the game in the shallow water more difficult and interesting.
that's great improvement for realism!
cayman вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 07-07-2010, 23:48   #1056
dd149
Sergeant

Good news
Старый 08-07-2010, 01:46   #1057
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:

Probably we shall refrain from it...
Старый 08-07-2010, 01:58   #1058
whiskey111
Corporal

Цитата:
Сообщение от Jaf
(...) this will make the game in the shallow water more difficult and interesting.
What you mean by it ? Sunk ships will be detectable by active sonar, for example ?
Старый 08-07-2010, 03:56   #1059
suBB
Senior Aircraftsman

Цитата:
nice touch!!!

that will also make for one helluvah active countermeasure when the oppty presents itself, pulled this off a few times in my MP days of ole.

Keep up the great work guys!!!!

RA just keeps getting better and better, and I haven't even played 1.1 yet

EDIT:

also wanted to say that the energy, creativity and level of detail that you guys are putting into RA is deeply appreciated; Thank you very much for quality product!!!
suBB вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 08-07-2010, 06:44   #1060
Castout
Senior Aircraftsman

Цитата:

Yes please do do it!

Or even with some improvement that wrecks present slightly lowered detectability or make the wreck disappear or suffer from lowered detectability when it is hit with more than enough torpedoes the point of which is up to the modders, say 200% damage?

Anyway when can the patch be expected?
Castout вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Ответ