Red Rodgers  

Вернуться   Red Rodgers > Запасная полоса > S.C.S. Dangerous Waters

Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 25-09-2009, 21:09   #281
falconsix
Leading Aircraftsman

Argh, of course...>.<

I´ve never thougt about the Turbine, only the engine...
falconsix вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 25-09-2009, 22:04   #282
goldorak
Sergeant

Цитата:
Сообщение от falconsix Посмотреть сообщение
Argh, of course...>.<

I´ve never thougt about the Turbine, only the engine...

Well on a nuclear sub the reactor cooling system must be running 24/24, so the pumps and all the machinery dedicated to this system will make noise independently of how slow the sub is going. You can try to reduce/insulate this kind of noise but it will never be zero.
On an SSK, you just switch off the engines and thats it.
No noise, your are dead in the water and completely silent.
goldorak вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 25-09-2009, 22:24   #283
falconsix
Leading Aircraftsman

Yes, i know, but you can shut down (not deactivate^^) the reactors energy output, so it is not so much cooling necessary. At this power level, the primary cooling circuit will flow at reactors like the S8G of the Ohio by its natural convetion. With this technic it is possible to deactivate the pumps for the cooling circuit, and at low speed, the turbines will not make much noise. It is defianetly not so quiet like an SSK or an Diesel Sub, but it is much quieter as an Reactor at 80%.
falconsix вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 25-09-2009, 22:58   #284
Гена
Senior Aircraftsman

Цитата:
it is much quieter as an Reactor at 80%.
The abcense of natural circulation doesn't mean that you must have 80% power to move your sub slowly. Actually other sub "simple" reactor may have same power (for example 30% ) as OHIO reactor. But OHIO's one can be cooled enough with natural circulation at the same power as "simple" one.
Гена вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 26-09-2009, 12:04   #285
cayman
Corporal

Цитата:
And another question: is it possible to change the depht scale from the German Type 212 from Feet to Meters? Or is it limitated by the Interface?
Yep,it has a easy way to do that. open the "controllers.ini" under the DW root folder , search "212DE", under that,you can find something like this:

[Color] "36,44,37"
[Units] "0"
[MenuImage] "SSN21_menu.bmp"
[MenuPos] "-12.4,-11.9,-75.0"
[END]

change the [Units] "0" to "1", like this:

[Color] "36,44,37"
[Units] "1"
[MenuImage] "SSN21_menu.bmp"
[MenuPos] "-12.4,-11.9,-75.0"
[END]

then you got your 212 with "Meters",either the "depth" or the "Nav_map display" unit will display in "Meters"'
however, the voice command and its display, still say and show "feet", it can be changed by some detail work
cayman вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 26-09-2009, 19:38   #286
suBB
Senior Aircraftsman

hey there,

Just finished initial testing and I'm starting MP objective based mission planning very soon.

I'm a bit out of touch but will attempt an idea; input is welcome from any and all. This is what I have in mind so far:

* open ended scenario(s) and complete freedom of movement of all sides.

* up to 5 hours run-time. Actual run-time is dependent on actions of the players involved.

* MP scenario will involve transiting of a platform and the requirement of reaching it's destination alive by any means necessary, or total elimination of opposing forces, whichever 1st.

* 'linked' MP scenarios where each map of a series will represent a part of a larger scenario. Of course I can't link the actual outcome of one each series; wish i could.

* ROE in effect, yet subject to change based on possible escalation of events. When I say 'possible' I do mean possible, it will really depend on the actions of players involved.

* mission tasking and any / all intel updates will be sent via radio comms.

* custom audios of XO to help keep the commander(player) abreast of the situation / change of events.

that's all for now..
suBB вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 26-09-2009, 19:44   #287
suBB
Senior Aircraftsman

forgot something..

* in some instances, scenarios will include stealth as mission tasking (remain covert, avoid contact)
Старый 27-09-2009, 21:15   #288
cayman
Corporal

bug report

SS-N-27 LAM can only fly about 23nm, then vanish. may be a doctrine problem
Старый 27-09-2009, 21:21   #289
goldorak
Sergeant

Цитата:
Сообщение от cayman Посмотреть сообщение
SS-N-27 LAM can only fly about 23nm, then vanish. may be a doctrine problem

Cayman did you read the documentation ?

Цитата:
Advanced Control: For launch it is necessary to nominate number of a point in which there is
a target (It sets in what point to switch on a radar on missile).
For example player has established a point number 2 on the target - then it is necessary to specify
in “Destruct Range” number of a point - 2.
The launch from Nav.map - is launch with one point - this mode number 1 (ONE) is established
as default.
There is a mode number 5 - missile enables a radar in each waypoint. If the target is found out -
missile kills it. If the target no - then the missile switch off own radar and run to the next way
point and there makes search (For All Four Waypoints Subsequences).
Gameplay Note: For successful in-game launch of this missile Ownship depth must be 150 feet
or less. Speed must be 6 knots or less. The target must be a minimum of 5 nautical miles away. It
is recommended that the first waypoint be at least 2000 yards from OS and all next waypoints at
least 5000 yards apart.
Hint: Good idea - To ensure entrance of a TLAM Missile on land, through shallow coastal water
area.
SS-N-27 has the same advanced controls as the TLAM.

Another thing, TLAMS have problem following the terrain, so unless a land objective is near the coast, the TLAM/SSN-27-LAM are going to crash into the terrain most of the time.
Старый 27-09-2009, 21:36   #290
Rosencrantz
Aircraftsman

Hello CrazyIvan!

You suggested there is something wrong in my RA installation, because Delta III has (at least in mission editor) all-white skins. I installed the mod over clean and patched (1.04) version of DW. Steps I went through were:

1. Copied part 1 and bat-file into DW root folder
2. Copied part 2 into DW root folder and aswered "Yes" to system inquiery to replace some files which did already exist.
3. Run the Install.

Did I do something wrong?

Greetings,
-RC-
Rosencrantz вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 27-09-2009, 22:19   #291
goldorak
Sergeant

Цитата:
Сообщение от Rosencrantz Посмотреть сообщение
Hello CrazyIvan!

You suggested there is something wrong in my RA installation, because Delta III has (at least in mission editor) all-white skins. I installed the mod over clean and patched (1.04) version of DW. Steps I went through were:

1. Copied part 1 and bat-file into DW root folder
2. Copied part 2 into DW root folder and aswered "Yes" to system inquiery to replace some files which did already exist.
3. Run the Install.

Did I do something wrong?

Greetings,
-RC-
Yes you did something wrong.
The mod comes in 2 files (lets forget for the moment about voice packs and patches).
  • DWX_RA_1_00.part1.rar
  • DWX_RA_1_00.part2.rar

Once you download those 2 files (for simplicity put them on your desktop), use 7-zip or winrar to decompress the first file DWX_RA_1_00.part1.rar.
This will AUTOMATICALLY decompress also DWX_RA_1_00.part2.rar and you'll find on your hard drive 2 files :
  • RA_OPFOR_DWX
  • Install_RA_OPFOR_DWX.bat

Copy these 2 files inside the main directory folder of dangerous waters and double click on the bat file.
The installation starts , let it be and when it ends it will ask if you want to delete temporary files.
Answer yes and thats it. You've got DWX installed correctly.
Старый 27-09-2009, 23:17   #292
Rosencrantz
Aircraftsman

Thanks a lot, goldorak!

I'll reinstall hole thing now, following your instructions. Is there already patch published for DWX 1.00? I haven't been able to find any links. I read RA team has solved at least part of the bugs/problems reported so far.

Greetings,
-RC-
Старый 27-09-2009, 23:27   #293
goldorak
Sergeant

In attachment you will find the lastest patch that replaces all other patches.
Once you've got DWX up and running, just unzip this file directly into the dangerous waters folder.
It will overwrite part of Doctrine and Interfaces folders with the updated files.
Вложения
Тип файла: 7z DWX Patch - 1.7z (1.20 Мб, 739 просмотров)
Старый 28-09-2009, 00:18   #294
Rosencrantz
Aircraftsman

Thanks again, goldorak!

I reinstalled DWX and I think I got it right this time. At least Delta III has no white skin anymore. Thank you also for the patch, I couldn't find it from the DL site. Maybe it's there, but it's hard to browse the site as I can't read russian. It would be nice if CrazyI could update first post.

Greetings,
-RC-
Старый 28-09-2009, 01:14   #295
dyshman
Senior Aircraftsman

Currently i'am work on some new projects. this is new surface ships which absent now in database. its japanese DDH Shirane and american CGN38 Virginia.
current status WIP, i have some problems with rendering((( i need help)
CGN38

http://s11.radikal.ru/i183/0909/31/98183423d8f4.jpg
DDH_Shirane

http://i015.radikal.ru/0909/c0/57f05aca1a4c.jpg

Последний раз редактировалось dyshman; 28-09-2009 в 01:35.
dyshman вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 28-09-2009, 09:37   #296
cayman
Corporal

Цитата:
Сообщение от goldorak Посмотреть сообщение
Cayman did you read the documentation ?

SS-N-27 has the same advanced controls as the TLAM.

Another thing, TLAMS have problem following the terrain, so unless a land objective is near the coast, the TLAM/SSN-27-LAM are going to crash into the terrain most of the time.
thanks! I did read the weapon_info manual, but the "Advanced Control" part is under TLAM, not relate to "27-LAM" . this part of info should be restructured.

btw: remove the thrust in LAM, could resume the "old habit" of LAM
Старый 28-09-2009, 17:43   #297
suBB
Senior Aircraftsman

I have a question for crazyIvan & RA mod team:

Please help me understand.. what is your logic behind what appears to be weak LWT torpedoes???

for this example... i tested using mh-60 mk50 & mk54 LWT against a akula 2

one mk50, with supposedly a smaller warhead(based on RA documentation) dealt about 40% damage on a AK2

then, one mk54, with supposedly a larger warhead, dealt 27% damage against the same platform.

what doesn't make sense to me is asw air platforms such as this should be able to sink subs with their ordinance, and w/o using a lot of weapons; it's what they are made to do aren't they??

And based on these damage values.. it would take 3 mk50s to sink one ak2, and and even more mk54s to accomplish same thing...

thanks!!!
Старый 28-09-2009, 18:34   #298
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
Сообщение от dyshman Посмотреть сообщение
Currently i'am work on some new projects. this is new surface ships which absent now in database. its japanese DDH Shirane and american CGN38 Virginia.
current status WIP, i have some problems with rendering((( i need help)
CGN38

http://s11.radikal.ru/i183/0909/31/98183423d8f4.jpg
DDH_Shirane

http://i015.radikal.ru/0909/c0/57f05aca1a4c.jpg
Вложения
Тип файла: rar Shirane.rar (37.2 Кб, 573 просмотров)
CrazyIvan вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 28-09-2009, 21:58   #299
goldorak
Sergeant

Цитата:
Сообщение от suBB Посмотреть сообщение
I have a question for crazyIvan & RA mod team:

Please help me understand.. what is your logic behind what appears to be weak LWT torpedoes???

for this example... i tested using mh-60 mk50 & mk54 LWT against a akula 2

one mk50, with supposedly a smaller warhead(based on RA documentation) dealt about 40% damage on a AK2

then, one mk54, with supposedly a larger warhead, dealt 27% damage against the same platform.

what doesn't make sense to me is asw air platforms such as this should be able to sink subs with their ordinance, and w/o using a lot of weapons; it's what they are made to do aren't they??

And based on these damage values.. it would take 3 mk50s to sink one ak2, and and even more mk54s to accomplish same thing...

thanks!!!
I agree with suBB. The damages created by air dropped torpedos from (mh-60r, p-3, helix and bear) are very very low.
A helicopter for instance carries only 3 torpedos, it will be impossibile to sink a sub with such values for damages.
All 3 torpedos must hit (and this is very seldom the case), so if 2 hit and 1 misses the sub is still going strong. The damage model should (I hope) be revised so as to make 2 air dropped torpedo hits sufficient to sink playble subs.
Старый 29-09-2009, 04:18   #300
suBB
Senior Aircraftsman

another thing...

I think the low damage values for these weapons can make a scenario unplayable for a helo against a submarine. And we all know the primary role of the helo is ASW.

low values of these weapons are stripping the role and capability of ASW from helos and frigates.

someone from RA mod team, please respond...
Ответ