Red Rodgers  

Вернуться   Red Rodgers > Запасная полоса > S.C.S. Dangerous Waters

Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 19-05-2010, 09:20   #1
sertore
Sergeant

Exclamation [HELP] DSRV RA 1.1

We are trying to setup a new mission with the use of DSRV between a typhoon (Red October) and a los angeles II flt (Dallas): we put Dallas alligned and behind some miles from the Red October, then we release the DSRV.

In our tests, releasing the DSRV from Dallas to Red October, we are experiencing two different behaviours:

1) usually the DSRV crash to the conning tower of Red October, sinking it

2) sometime the DSRV reach the Red October, sail beside it for a while and then return to Dallas

I think the second behaviour should be the correct one: can you confirm?

Someone of us was expecting to see the DSRV approaching and docking to the Red October, but I think this is not possible: can you confirm too?

Any suggestion to avoid the DSRV crash to the conning tower of the Red October (initial deep of Dallas or Red October, speeds, particular conditions)?

Thanks in advance for help.

EDIT: after some tests, seems that the DSRV try to dock to the Typhoon in the same place where it docks to the 688, but on the Red October the conning tower is really rear on the hull than the 688, and the DSRV finally collides with it in the approaching phase.

Последний раз редактировалось sertore; 19-05-2010 в 18:08.
sertore вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 19-05-2010, 16:59   #2
goldorak
Sergeant

I might add that the DSRV doesn't work when you target the Types 212 (Italian and German variants) nor the Harushios or Collins. In these cases, the target subs just accelerate to 3 knots the moment the DSRV is launched from the 688. The DSRV is never able to hover over the subs.
On the ther hand it works perfectly when targeting the French Rubis class.
goldorak вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 19-05-2010, 20:40   #3
PJB
Senior Aircraftsman

DSRV

I tried it so that the DSRV approaches the Red October from the front. It kind of worked, the DSRV did not crash into the Red October conning tower, but it didnt dock either it stopped and lowered so it was almost docked but never made contact. It just hovered for a few minutes then headed back to &688 where it did dock. When hovering over the Red October it showed the same depth as the October.
PJB вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 19-05-2010, 21:21   #4
PJB
Senior Aircraftsman

All the subs i try to send the DSRV to end up like the screenshot provided. The dsrv doesnt really make contact with the target sub. It hovers over the deck and then after some minutes it heads for home where it docks. It acts like its docked but it isnt. If this was an objective game i would consider it as a completed mission. Other opinions?
Миниатюры
Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: Docked.jpg
Просмотров: 1274
Размер:	15.1 Кб
ID:	8496  
PJB вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 19-05-2010, 22:36   #5
goldorak
Sergeant

You can never make the DRSV dock with the target sub.
The most you can get it to do is hover above the sail (more or less) for some minutes and then return to base.
Старый 19-05-2010, 23:30   #6
sertore
Sergeant

Smile

PJB, you got the point!

Seems that the DSRV release and approaching works fine if made with the sending and target subs one in front of the other, and not from the rear of the target sub.

We did some tests and I confirm that sending the DSRV from the front of target sub avoid the crash against the conning tower: tomorrow night we will play the scenario and I will post the result.

Thanks for help and suggestion.
Старый 20-05-2010, 01:42   #7
Jaf
БЧ-2

Цитата:
Сообщение от PJB Посмотреть сообщение
The dsrv doesnt really make contact with the target sub. It hovers over the deck and then after some minutes it heads for home where it docks. It acts like its docked but it isnt. If this was an objective game i would consider it as a completed mission. Other opinions?
In DW it is impossible to dock the DSRV with target sub
(Thank to developers of DW)
Therefore implemented this behavior most similar to the dock.

Цитата:
Сообщение от goldorak Посмотреть сообщение
the DSRV doesn't work when you target the Types 212 (Italian and German variants) nor the Harushios or Collins.
On the ther hand it works perfectly when targeting the French Rubis class.
If you set in the mission editor speed=0 for AI diesel submarine, then when you start the mission, the game engine will accelerate the boat.
Rubis - nuclear sub and it not concern her and others nuclear subs.

Цитата:
Сообщение от sertore Посмотреть сообщение
Any suggestion to avoid the DSRV crash to the conning tower of the Red October (initial deep of Dallas or Red October, speeds, particular conditions)?
(Dallas -> los angeles flt I not flt II :)
Try this corrected doctrine for RedOctober (and others): see post below

Последний раз редактировалось Jaf; 20-05-2010 в 18:57.
Jaf вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 20-05-2010, 09:29   #8
sertore
Sergeant

Thumbs up

Цитата:
Сообщение от Jaf Посмотреть сообщение
(Dallas -> los angeles flt I not flt II
Try this corrected doctrine for RedOctober (and others):
It works fine: now everything is absolutely perfect!

Thanks Jaf.
Старый 20-05-2010, 12:53   #9
goldorak
Sergeant

Question

Цитата:
Сообщение от Jaf Посмотреть сообщение
If you set in the mission editor speed=0 for AI diesel submarine, then when you start the mission, the game engine will accelerate the boat.

Rubis - nuclear sub and it not concern her and others nuclear subs.

Is there any chance of you guys correcting this bug ?
Старый 20-05-2010, 13:19   #10
Jaf
БЧ-2

Цитата:
Сообщение от goldorak Посмотреть сообщение
Is there any chance of you guys correcting this bug ?
Сhances are always there ;) but at the moment they are small, because work is going on other issues

Цитата:
Сообщение от PJB Посмотреть сообщение
The dsrv doesnt really make contact with the target sub.
In order to simulate contact of DSRV with the emergency sub must take into account the geometry of ALL subs from the database (the size of the deck, the position of conning tower and other protruding parts, etc., etc.)

To correctly use of DSRV have established a special emergency (unmovable) subs in the section "civilian-> subwrecks" of mission editor (in next release of RA diesel wreck subs will be included). Application of DSRV on "living" AI-subs may cause malfunctioning, because "live" AI-subs in accordance with its doctrines can change speed depending on external factors.

DSRV doctrine has been corrected (not last correction :)
redownload, please:
Вложения
Тип файла: rar dsrv.rar (834 байт, 925 просмотров)

Последний раз редактировалось Jaf; 21-05-2010 в 22:47.
Jaf вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Ответ