Red Rodgers  

Вернуться   Red Rodgers > Запасная полоса > S.C.S. Dangerous Waters

Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 14-05-2017, 00:46   #2481
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Cool

These values were not obtained by calculation using the known for we formula.

All the noises for the table were taken directly from the game engine through the simulator kernel debugger, by measuring for each platform. At speeds from 0 to maximum speed.

PS: My little hint

- stay close always to the layer.
If you are below (or above) the layer by 10 feet, the signal reaching you will be increased by 6 points.
If you drop below (or above) the layer by 100 feet - the signal reaching your sensor will decrease by 6 points. Accordingly - if the opponent is on the same side of the layer.

This destroys the basic postulates of the simulator - the deeper you go, the better you can hear it. But it is not true.

Последний раз редактировалось CrazyIvan; 14-05-2017 в 02:06.
CrazyIvan вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 14-05-2017, 02:34   #2482
pepe
Sergeant

Thx for Bluebook and other advices but i have this in my "secret folder".

When I teach new players "how to play DW" i always repeat:
Stay close to the layer

Цитата:
If you are below (or above) the layer by 10 feet, the signal reaching you will be increased by 6 points.
If you drop below (or above) the layer by 100 feet - the signal reaching your sensor will decrease by 6 points. Accordingly - if the opponent is on the same side of the layer.
Hmm, i didn't know that it is 6 points.
pepe вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 14-05-2017, 17:05   #2483
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

For example, the moving platform has currently noise 75 units. To your sensors reaches only 30-40 units of noise, the rest goes to the loss of propagation of noise. When you are near the layer, the loss propagation is reduced by 6 units and your sensor gets the more noise on this value.
Старый 23-05-2017, 08:42   #2484
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
Сообщение от pepe Посмотреть сообщение
Ok, I will check this in excel.

Thx

Forgot to say, the cavitation will add a further 15 units to the current noise.
Старый 23-05-2017, 19:35   #2485
pepe
Sergeant

In excel i found differend equations for each regresion lines (logarithmic scale)
Цитата:
Forgot to say, the cavitation will add a further 15 units to the current noise.
I know that APU on Surfs also adds some units for current noise. Do you remember how much?

BTW: I think APU should gives differend acoustic signature than main propulsion. Also Prairie-Masker system probably is not simulated in DW
Старый 24-05-2017, 01:17   #2486
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Gives 10 units to current noise platform. But I think - in the real course of the mission this does not play any role, since these devices are used in the positioning of the ship in a very narrow range of distances - to exit from the sub-base. Actually in the mission - I do not see any real benefit from use APU.

Acoustic signature - can not be changed. If a KILO is working with a diesel engine on snorkeling, the signature will still be the same as in electric motors. Sonalysts programmers, did not think much of this.

Prairie I did in my test tests. It works. But in fact only a few platforms use this. I do not think it's important.
Now - this is solved in a different way, the rate of occurrence of cavitation is increased for these platforms. These ships go at high speed - without cavitation.

For example, a platform without a prairie, starts cavitation at 19 knots, and a platform with a prairie mask, starts cavitating only at its maximum speed 32 knots (add 15 units of noise to the current level)

Последний раз редактировалось CrazyIvan; 24-05-2017 в 01:48.
CrazyIvan вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 26-05-2017, 03:23   #2487
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Exclamation

A last very important change: - Weapon malfunction have been introduced (small percent). Mines, Torpedoes, Missiles and Sonobuys can be refused - now they are not 100% reliable weapons.
Of course - this can be useful only for veterans. But still…

But there is also good news - this option can be disabled via Dangerous Waters.INI file: After the first launch of version 1.42, the line WeapMalfunctions appears in this file.
Set it NO, if you want the weapon to be 100% functional as in all previous versions.

Previous Sonalysts games, have never made this parameter. The weapon was always 100% reliable.
Старый 27-05-2017, 12:13   #2488
pepe
Sergeant

I think this is interesting even for "normal" (not veteran) mode but in other hand, today weapon malfunctions happend sometimes - especially for ASM and Anti-missile rockets

Have you in mind weapon malfunction (small percent) as "global value" or differend values for each country or type of weapon?
Старый 27-05-2017, 13:30   #2489
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

It will be as global. But, the initial failure generation is given as an individual - here it is determined how often the weapon can be refused. The next threshold generates a failure time, and it can be outside the life cycle of the weapon. The torpedo has a 20 minute life span. And the error time will be created in 35 minutes. So - the torpedo will not be in time to break.
Старый 30-05-2017, 22:53   #2490
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Cool

Information about global reworked for ver. 1.42:

================================================== ===
Some important info about add-on "Reinforce Alert" (DWX 1_42 version).
[ * - Hardcoded fix ]
1 - New 3D Model "Atlantic" Mk3 added (User Platform)./postponed/
2 - New 3D Model IL-38 "May" added (User Platform).
3 - Hull Sonars User Ships - fix.
4 - USNI DATA - fix.
5 - Special Forces Bug, when them avoid landing - fix.*
6 - Akulas, Kilo FRAZ Sonar (NB): issues faint lines signal fix. *
7 - UUM-44 Depth Charge: improved conditions of detonation.
8 - Kilo DEMON: bug fix when max speed hold contact takes from MF sonar instead LF.*
9 - User Aviation: CMs quantity has been increased.*
10 - Akula-III, Red October: Sonar BB & NB Station, buttons sound set to beep instead clicks.*
11 - Atlantic Mk3: Acoustics Station, fix to meters, instead yards and feet. Some Station Changed Colors for data.*
12 - Viking S-3B: Pilot Station, tactical Display Fixed. Now Data Updated.*
13 - AI Parchim-I, Parchim-II Corvette added.
14 - ASTAC Bergamini: Button "TORPEDO" now available, if "ASW" Loadout selected by User.
15 - Missile MARTE ER for AI NFH-90: fix.
16 - Plane User: Sonobuoy Launcher coordinate fixed.*
17 - "Alfa" SSN Fire Control Station: TEST-71 Torpedo, allowed loadouts in MAIN Rack instead Tube #5 and Tube #6.*
18 - "Mike" SSN Class driveable added.
19 - AIR User Mk 46 Torpedo has been fix. (separate torp for Viking & Mk3 Atlantik)
20 - Tu-142 Bear: New Graphic Pilot Station added.
21 - Planes and helicopters that use the metric system (Russian and European), fixed the bug with the inaccuracy of coordinates on the tactical TAKKO and PILOT displays.*
22 - Driveable Aviation: acoustic station is corrected to receive more than 99 channels of sonobuoys.*
23 - MIM-23B SAM Missile fix.
24 - Akulas: Weaponloadout has been reworked. External Tubes now no reloads and equipped only MG-74 Korund Mobile Decoys (not including Akula-III)*
65-76 Torpedoes has been removed from Akula-II and Akula-III and replaced Stallion ASW with tactical depth charge.
Akula-I has only 8 tubes. No external ones .*
25 - Fix bug when destroyed Special Forces not remove from mission.
26 - Trilogy Campaign for OHIO: fix.
27 - Trilogy Campaign for IL-38 MAY added. (with slider show) /postponed/
28 - The frequency scales on the DEMON of russian subs were changed*.
29 - SSP Convergence Zone: fixed to ensure that AI platforms also receive a peak of noise from the player's platform when the player enters the ring zone.*
Range of best signal strength CZ Ring has been increased to 2.2 Nmi, but the increment of noise has been reduced. In most cases, a broadband waterfall, will note this by slight perturbation.
30 - Wakehoming search algorithm fix. Torpedoes are no longer induced from the front hemisphere from the target. The guidance is possible only if the torpedo crossed the wake.*
Or torpedo not crossed the wake, but passes under the keel of the ship - magnetic detonator will work for blow at target.
31 - AI Krivak-V added to Russia NAVY.
32 - Driveable SHANG SSN: Fixed a bug where missiles could not be launched from any depth.*
33 - Fix bug when minefield with scrnario for original DW, call CTD DWX add-on.
34 - Syria NAVY added.
35 - The random generated transit and search speeds of the AI torpedoes, were reduced to an integer. Which increases the reliability of the player's calculation of on the rule of 6 minutes.
(A difference of 0.5 knots between the true speed of the torpedo and its speed at the player's demon station).
36 - Bug fix when torpedo launch from ship, allways transit on maximal speed, by reason enable engine in air, but not in water.
37 - USNI reference full reworked. Objects allowed for command ALT+I, including land based objects.
38 - Weapon malfunction have been introduced (small percent). Mines, Torpedoes, Missiles and Sonobuys can be refused - now they are not 100% reliable weapons.
This option can be disabled via Dangerous Waters.INI file: After the first launch of version 1.42, the line WeapMalfunctions appears in this file.
Set it NO, if you want the weapon to be 100% functional.
39 - User Kilo ShipControl: has been fix diesels.
40 - Added info file (User Manual Folder): Weapon_142_info.txt
================================================== =======================

Feedback is welcome.
Старый 30-05-2017, 23:07   #2491
Kendricks
Aircraftsman

Nice!
Any ETA on the release?
Kendricks вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 31-05-2017, 16:49   #2492
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
Сообщение от Kendricks Посмотреть сообщение
Nice!
Any ETA on the release?
very soon
Старый 31-05-2017, 20:04   #2493
pepe
Sergeant

Цитата:
Сообщение от CrazyIvan Посмотреть сообщение
Information about global reworked for ver. 1.42:.
38 - Weapon malfunction have been introduced (small percent). Mines, Torpedoes, Missiles and Sonobuys can be refused - now they are not 100% reliable weapons.
This option can be disabled via Dangerous Waters.INI file: After the first launch of version 1.42, the line WeapMalfunctions appears in this file.
Set it NO, if you want the weapon to be 100% functional.
How about MP session? Is host config will override players settings?
Старый 31-05-2017, 23:33   #2494
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

All guests have parameters that be specified in INI the host of the session.
Старый 02-06-2017, 16:16   #2495
Kendricks
Aircraftsman

Oh, one thing before you release 1.42 - can you please consider weakening the civilian ships in DW/RA?

It is so frustrating having to spend two Harpoon for some old freighter.
While I see that it wouldn't "rip it apart", I think it is safe to assume the damage done to any small to medium sized civilian vessel would be fatal. I see how a cruise ship can take 2-3, but merchants?

Very anticlimactic!
Kendricks вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 02-06-2017, 17:21   #2496
Wildcat
Aircraftsman

Request for bugfix - major level bugs:

Type of bug:
Game crash to desktop

Bug affects:
Kilo
688i
(And maybe others)

If you use the periscope stadimeter in these subs and use the filter to classify the ship you see, the game crashes immediately when reaching the "Civilian" category.

Maybe there is a missing database entry or file that causes this problem.

Other Kilo request:
Periscope artwork has a problem at the bottom of the scope lens. There is a pink bar (Should be transparent, maybe wrong color?) near the bottom of the scope.

Also request the kilo periscope reticle bars to be more thin, now they are very thick and it is difficult to use them to measure a ship's distance or angle correctly.
Wildcat вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 02-06-2017, 22:41   #2497
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
Сообщение от Wildcat Посмотреть сообщение

Type of bug:
Game crash to desktop

Bug affects:
Kilo
688i
(And maybe others)

If you use the periscope stadimeter in these subs and use the filter to classify the ship you see, the game crashes immediately when reaching the "Civilian" category.

Other Kilo request:
Periscope artwork has a problem at the bottom of the scope lens. There is a pink bar (Should be transparent, maybe wrong color?) near the bottom of the scope.

Also request the kilo periscope reticle bars to be more thin, now they are very thick and it is difficult to use them to measure a ship's distance or angle correctly.
Give me an exact scenario that causes a stop at the stadimeter station. Without this, this error can not be eliminated. Especially since I understand the error occurs in the WINDOWS file of NTDLL.DLL and not in the game files themselves.

I need a precise offset in which the game stops. In my tests, the stadimeter station never gives me the game CTD.

The kilo periscope Grid Graphics - is the inserted outside add-on. How we got it - so we inserted it ---->

-Hitman- mod for Kilo Periscope Graghic Scale included.
Старый 02-06-2017, 23:00   #2498
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
Сообщение от Wildcat Посмотреть сообщение

Type of bug:
Game crash to desktop

Bug affects:
Kilo
688i
(And maybe others)

Other Kilo request:

It seems to me that you are the only one who suffers this error. Because everyone else - it works unconditionally.

Can there be a case in your system on your PС machine?
Старый 02-06-2017, 23:05   #2499
Wildcat
Aircraftsman

Hi Crazy Ivan,

I set up a "Quick Mission" ASuW engagement using any Kilo or any 688i flight III. Default seed number. Entered the scenario with default loadout, go to periscope depth, raise scope & mark contact. Enter stadimeter then begin pressing the right side arrow button on screen to move through the nations. It goes through the nations just fine but crashes when I try to click it to the "civilian" nation.

FPSChazly has also told me he experienced this crash before in regular missions (not quick missions).

Possible fix could be to change the Kilo periscope interface to a different sub's interface. But the HF sonar screen might then become a problem..!

Periscope graphics - if you would like, I can fix the pink bar and create new grid graphics and send them to you, but I don't think I will be in time for 1.42, I will be a little busy at work for a while. For 1.43, no problem. I think I can also do this for the other sub periscope graphics.

I can also send some new sub models in j3d or 3ds format (I have 3ds max R3 and 3ds>j3d converter plugin) but this will also not be in time for 1.42

Cheers

Edit:
I tried to make it crash right now to get any debug information, but I couldn't make it crash! Very strange. Last week, I was able to reproduce this bug every time. Today, I can't make it crash. This is a mysterious problem. In the periscope DLL file there are some strings about Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc. I wonder if the day of the week could cause this to crash. I will try more tests and post again if I find out more information.
Wildcat вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 03-06-2017, 07:14   #2500
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

A stadimeter is a separate station that has its own DLL. Also, HF sonar is a separate DLL. Therefore, a change in the periscope station should in no way affect these stations.

Maybe it depends on which model was loaded into the stadmeter as a photograph?
For example, for a photo of a trawler, there will be small ships on the list of civil vessels (yacht fishing boat trawler2), but there will not be large vessels - tankers and freighters. Maybe this is related to this - that you got a no "wrong" list, and there is no failure.