Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 26-10-2010, 16:55   #1221
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
Сообщение от Rocky Посмотреть сообщение
Just tested Ra 1.2 in singleplayer.

This time, passive countermeasures seem to work great, they can deflect torpedoes even when aquired to my sub while diving, turning and only 1000 yards away, so evading got a bit easy here.

Not absolutely easy.

It depends on a torpedo.

If the torpedo has an option " to distinguish the signature a CM " - she will not deviate.

If distance up to CM too large - torpedo can not distinguish her and it is possible first time - will attack it. However as approaching to CM, the signal strength of a CM will increase, and the torpedo distinguishes her.
The phase of attack will be completed, and the torpedo again will take preenable course.
CrazyIvan вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 28-10-2010, 13:44   #1222
Panzermensch
Corporal

First, привет, hello and greetings to the whole RedRogers Crew and all its fellows. =D
Second, I'd like to thank you all for keepin this great (!) Mod up! As we all know DW isnt that well programmed, so we need a active community like this one!

I hope my english is to understand, because I'm from Germania and so I'm not a native speaker. =(

Well, I'm not sure wether its allready been mentioned, but I found a Bug in DW (tested in SSN21- Multiplayer):

When you do Multi-Station-Game and the Sonaroperator does not have control over Steering-Room. he cant listen to towed array audio.

I have a LAN-Crew and we play with multi-station the most time up to 6 persons per platform. (Yes, I know, insane...but with good roleplay alot of fun ;D) So my Helmsman takes TA-Audio away from my Sonarman! =/
Hope there could be any solution! Does anyone have a clue?

thanks and greetz
Paddy =)
Panzermensch вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 28-10-2010, 18:08   #1223
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
Сообщение от Panzermensch Посмотреть сообщение
First, привет, hello and greetings to the whole RedRogers Crew and all its fellows. =D
Second, I'd like to thank you all for keepin this great (!) Mod up! As we all know DW isnt that well programmed, so we need a active community like this one!

I hope my english is to understand, because I'm from Germania and so I'm not a native speaker. =(

Well, I'm not sure wether its allready been mentioned, but I found a Bug in DW (tested in SSN21- Multiplayer):

When you do Multi-Station-Game and the Sonaroperator does not have control over Steering-Room. he cant listen to towed array audio.

I have a LAN-Crew and we play with multi-station the most time up to 6 persons per platform. (Yes, I know, insane...but with good roleplay alot of fun ;D) So my Helmsman takes TA-Audio away from my Sonarman! =/
Hope there could be any solution! Does anyone have a clue?

thanks and greetz
Paddy =)
Welcome To Aboard!

Concerning the Ships - Read the message 1145-1146 about Towed Array problem.

In the following patch it was eliminated.

But with SSN21 TA problem - unknown.

We shall check it.
Старый 29-10-2010, 13:20   #1224
Panzermensch
Corporal

Цитата:
But with SSN21 TA problem - unknown.

We shall check it.

Yeah, we should! =) I'm very excited about what we could find out.
Старый 01-11-2010, 01:21   #1225
Invicible
Leading Aircraftsman

Regards to all, start by thanking for the wonderful work done with RA 1.2 . I am writing to ask you some questions about the strange behavior of the Mod.

During a test with the following mission http://www.filefront.com/17458854/TEST.mu I found this:

you see in the image, the trace in the two sonar screens BB is different. Why? The Target has a speed of 29 kn, is very close to my unit(Trafalgar), it is not working the WAA and the Demon. Why?

I repeated the same mission with the Seawolf.

The two tracks in this case are the same, just as it is. In addition, the WAA and the Demon are functioning.

With both units, I see in the NB, the same number of frequencies and intensities.See pictures below:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The operation of the WAA in RA 1.2 is influenced by what? The operating range of the WAA and Demon was reduced in RA 1.2?
I am very interested in the WAA and Demon, because I play with TMA manually, and without a functioning Demon and WAA, the speed of analysis will always be reduced. It 's very important for a player of TMA manual.

Thanks for your answers.

Greetings
Invincible
Invicible вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 01-11-2010, 14:02   #1226
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

I do not see any problem with displacement of a mark of a signal on BB Sonar.
The line very thin, therefore displacement not so is appreciable as on a thick line at SSN21.

You look time - give a picture at Trafalgar - 4 minutes after of a beginning of mission, and SSN21 - 2 minutes.

If you will look SSN21 also at 4 minutes - displacement of contact on BB sonars it will not be visible any more.

Trafalgar - has no WAA. Only modernized Trenchant carries WAA of the side antennas.
Миниатюры
Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: TRAFALGAR_TA.jpg
Просмотров: 884
Размер:	145.7 Кб
ID:	8701  
Старый 01-11-2010, 15:56   #1227
Invicible
Leading Aircraftsman

Understood, Trafalgar does not have the WAA system.

In RA 1.2, which is the distance of maximum work of WAA & Demon?
Thanks
Старый 01-11-2010, 16:43   #1228
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
Сообщение от Invicible Посмотреть сообщение
Understood, Trafalgar does not have the WAA system.

In RA 1.2, which is the distance of maximum work of WAA & Demon?
Thanks

The distance will depend on environmental conditions and target noise.

For "Trenchant", maximal distance of WAA: 22224 m. (24304 yards)
Старый 02-11-2010, 01:05   #1229
Invicible
Leading Aircraftsman

Цитата:
Сообщение от CrazyIvan Посмотреть сообщение

Thanks CrazyIvan.

Question:
In DW, the Bearing Rate is calculated in relation to the solution we obtained with the TMA. You can change this through the Mod? making the calculation of Bearing rate than the real solution and not the estimated solution?
Старый 02-11-2010, 01:39   #1230
Invicible
Leading Aircraftsman

Цитата:

Thanks CrazyIvan.

Question:
In DW, the Bearing Rate is calculated in relation to the solution we obtained with the TMA. You can change this through the Mod? making the calculation of Bearing rate than the real solution and not the estimated solution?

Последний раз редактировалось Invicible; 02-11-2010 в 16:51.
Старый 02-11-2010, 21:43   #1231
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

These data are on the screen DDI. (Transparent window an Nav.Map)

Besides - what valuable information contains in Bearing Rate???
Старый 02-11-2010, 22:36   #1232
Invicible
Leading Aircraftsman

Цитата:

Besides - what valuable information contains in Bearing Rate???
Bearing Rate is essential to know which way to turn a Target. Without the Bearing Rate, may be right or left at 50%. Guessing and luck. For this is essentially the Bearing Rate for playing with TMA manual. Also can be used to apply different theories. For example, the Ekelund range. Bearing Rate to a hundredth of a degree would be ideal.
The TMA stations in real submarine calculating the Bearing Rate to the hundredth of a degree , perhaps beyond.
Старый 04-11-2010, 00:48   #1233
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

It data is accessible on nav.map to any player, even in multistation a mode
Старый 04-11-2010, 01:13   #1234
Invicible
Leading Aircraftsman

Цитата:

Ok! But , the Bearing Rate in DW, Which are computed with respect to our estimated solution, and not with the real target.
For this reason it is useless.
Старый 04-11-2010, 12:29   #1235
goldorak
Sergeant

Цитата:

Hi CrazyIvan,

In real life the bearing rate is independant from the tma solution.
Bearing rate depends on how the bearing to the contact changes with time (thats all it is, and the game should in principle have no problem showing this value). And this information can tell you (together with tma) how the target is moving with respect to you.
Now in DW, bearing rate is determined by the tma solution. That is to say that the value you see in the DDI (the litte screen in the navmap) and in the tma station is generated once you set a target solution. And this is conceptually wrong because bearing rate doesn't depend on the tma solution.
For instance if you are tracking a target (you have assigned a tracker), you won't get a bearing rate until you generate a tma solution. If the solution is correct the bearing rate will be correct, if your solution is wrong the bearing rate will also be wrong. In real life it doesn't work this way, bearing rate is independant from tma information. So you can have a correct bearing rate value even if you don't generate a tma solution.
This is another of those brain deaded implementation issues that Sonalysts just didn't care to think out straight.
goldorak вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 04-11-2010, 14:12   #1236
dd149
Sergeant

Цитата:
Сообщение от goldorak Посмотреть сообщение
Hi CrazyIvan,

In real life the bearing rate is independant from the tma solution.
Bearing rate depends on how the bearing to the contact changes with time (thats all it is, and the game should in principle have no problem showing this value). And this information can tell you (together with tma) how the target is moving with respect to you.
Now in DW, bearing rate is determined by the tma solution. That is to say that the value you see in the DDI (the litte screen in the navmap) and in the tma station is generated once you set a target solution. And this is conceptually wrong because bearing rate doesn't depend on the tma solution.
For instance if you are tracking a target (you have assigned a tracker), you won't get a bearing rate until you generate a tma solution. If the solution is correct the bearing rate will be correct, if your solution is wrong the bearing rate will also be wrong. In real life it doesn't work this way, bearing rate is independant from tma information. So you can have a correct bearing rate value even if you don't generate a tma solution.
This is another of those brain deaded implementation issues that Sonalysts just didn't care to think out straight.
Thank you Goldorak for this clarification on this somehow hazy and complicated subject
dd149 вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 08-11-2010, 15:00   #1237
Panzermensch
Corporal

Цитата:
Сообщение от Panzermensch Посмотреть сообщение

When you do Multi-Station-Game and the Sonaroperator does not have control over Steering-Room. he cant listen to towed array audio. PS: You can see the waterfalls, but even when Audio Toggle is ON, you can't hear anything.

Paddy =)
CrazyIvan, any suggest about trying out this situation?
Старый 14-11-2010, 00:45   #1238
Invicible
Leading Aircraftsman

If the calculation of the Bearing Rate will be fixed in DW, the mortgage will become even more realistic, you can use in the TMA as a real submarine.
Старый 16-11-2010, 21:09   #1239
Гена
Senior Aircraftsman

Hm, i didn't know about this shit with bearing rate. I thought it was calulated with respect for real contact. Maybe it is because i didn't use tma manually.
Гена вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 18-11-2010, 19:43   #1240
Lau
Senior Aircraftsman

Hello to everyone !

It is a pleasure to have the time again to post in this forum and of curse to be able to use RA 1.2! Thanks

Red October : what is the intention with regards to hydrodynamic system, at the moment it says in USNI operate below 150m depth. But when trying it is the opposite set to work above 150m? If there is a choice to make and for stealth reasons it should only work below 150m It will be nice also to have a greater penalty on speed. Now it is 26 to 25, my syggestion is 26 to 18.

Is there an alteration of signature once hydrodynamic system is on?

Thanks in advance for your kind reply,

Lau

PS: I know and once more my request are of small importance compared to top priorities in RA dev, but thought it would be nice to give you easier issues to solve
Lau вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Ответ