Red Rodgers  

Вернуться   Red Rodgers > Запасная полоса > S.C.S. Dangerous Waters

Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 28-11-2017, 20:28   #2701
pepe
Sergeant

Tu-142 tail guns are incredibly powerful - they can destroy O.H.Perry in less than 5 sec.
pepe вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 01-12-2017, 18:30   #2702
Billy
Corporal

Hi I did a few hours of playing last few days. Here are some of my impressions:
1. I believe there is a bug with Sea Lance UUM-125B. The "Run to Enable" is still recognized in yards rather than nmi as specified in the Manual. I tried a 30nmi shot, the missile launches fine but immediately curves back after traveling about 30yards. I also tested other Subroc like Stallion and Sizzler. They work fine.
2. Possible to make Sea Lance available for VLS launchers? Virginia class only has 4 torpedo tubes, not enough to deal with both long range and short range targets at the same time. Akula III has so much more firepower to deal with both long and short targets.
3. Subcommand mission "Invade Motherland" is badly designed mission compared to the original mission. 1. your own sub is changed from seawolf to Virginia. Virginia only has 28 max speed, not fast enough to keep up with a SAG traveling at 24-25 knots and do ASW duty at the same time. 2. About 5-10 minutes into the game, the 2 Oscar would launch waves of missile at the task force. There is no way to stop them because you are more than 30nmi away. Those first waves of missiles will definitely kill Nimitz.

Suggestions to modify "Invade Motherland" mission. 1. Swap out Oscar with Victor. The missile boats are just too powerful against surface ships. 2. Put Virginia far ahead of the carrier and make Oscars the first line instead of Akula. So this way you fight Oscar first if you are skilled enough.
Billy вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 01-12-2017, 22:33   #2703
pepe
Sergeant

@Billy
1) Ranges for all subroc's are in NM. I did test and my 2 Sealances (one to 5 NM and one to 35 NM) land on correct range.
You should check dangerouswaters.ini file in txt editor for .WeapMalfunction settings because probably your missile had malfunction.

2) Sealance is only fictional weapon - it not exist in US Navy

3) Oscar II is designed for missile attack (strong surface group like CVN's) from long range and Victor is typical Hunter/killer submarine. My proposition is to increase AAW defence by adding 1-2 Burke/Tico/Spruance warships to surface group.
Старый 02-12-2017, 03:30   #2704
Swampy
Leading Aircraftsman

Thanks for another version of this great mod!

I played sicilian divorce the other day and encountered a weird thing.
The torpedo I fired at the foxtrot started tracking shrimps instead.
Not only that but it hit the shrimps and exploded.

That can't be the way it supposed to be can it?
Swampy вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 02-12-2017, 06:57   #2705
Billy
Corporal

Цитата:
Сообщение от pepe Посмотреть сообщение
@Billy
1) Ranges for all subroc's are in NM. I did test and my 2 Sealances (one to 5 NM and one to 35 NM) land on correct range.
You should check dangerouswaters.ini file in txt editor for .WeapMalfunction settings because probably your missile had malfunction.

2) Sealance is only fictional weapon - it not exist in US Navy

3) Oscar II is designed for missile attack (strong surface group like CVN's) from long range and Victor is typical Hunter/killer submarine. My proposition is to increase AAW defence by adding 1-2 Burke/Tico/Spruance warships to surface group.
Hi, thanks for the reply.
1. confirmed. It is the weapon malfunction. I had some really back luck. My first launch, both of my missiles failed (100% failure rate). So the RTE is working correctly
2. I fully understand your point of accuracy. But as of now, the best ASW platform in the game is Akula III. It may be a bit more noisy but it has a comprehensive array of ASW weapons to deal with both long and short range targets. In addition, the firepower it can unleash from its 14 ready tubes is massive. At short range, US subs are great, but it takes a long time to maneuver into torpedo range and you need wait still longer for the torps to reach targets. In a shootout when both subs discover each other around the same time, Akula is most likely to be the winner. So there is a bit of game balancing issue here.
3. I don't think more AAW platforms would work either, although the suggestion is not a bad one. As of now, AAW missiles are not great in anti missile role in this mod. The missiles from Oscar are not sea skimmers, but most of the SM-2s still fail to hit.

I just tried a trick with "Invade Russia" mission. It seems to work. At the beginning of the mission, you will receive a radio message about the range of possible sub contacts. I stayed near surface. As soon as I heard the message about missile launches and the bearing, I immediately snap shot 1 sea lance on the bearing using the distance in the radio message. The missile scared off the oscar and forced them to retreat a bit. In addition, the first line of akulas retaliate with their subroc. Akula's missiles would scare the carrier task force to slow down. That buys me a lot of time to travel further ahead of the group and engage the first line. But this trick is a bit cheating cuz you know you will receive a radio message at the beginning. So still the mission needs some changes before it can become a good mission. Also, may I suggest that the subs are selectable for this mission? I think it would be easier with Seawolf than with VA.
Старый 02-12-2017, 13:42   #2706
pepe
Sergeant

@Billy

Try now this scenario
Вложения
Тип файла: 7z SM17 Invade the Motherland mod.7z (3.7 Кб, 354 просмотров)
Старый 04-12-2017, 19:15   #2707
Billy
Corporal

Nice。 There are several other missions that are buggy. "China Surveillance", I have completed all mission objectives but couldn't get mission complete status. I got the pilot, kill the Chinese warship and egress past the line but no mission completion.
Старый 05-12-2017, 01:12   #2708
pepe
Sergeant

"China Surveillance" ? - i can't find this scenario. Is it original one?
Старый 05-12-2017, 07:42   #2709
Billy
Corporal

Цитата:
"China Surveillance" ? - i can't find this scenario. Is it original one?
It's a subcommand mission. You should see it. I may have gotten the name wrong, but it's about rescuing a downed pilot in Chinese waters and egress out of the area.
Старый 05-12-2017, 08:58   #2710
Billy
Corporal

Цитата:
@Billy

Try now this scenario
The carrier can last a bit longer but still mission is almost impossible. Those 2 oscars can unleash shit load of missiles. SM-2 are just bad at Anti missile duty. Are you able to beat it?
Старый 05-12-2017, 09:31   #2711
Billy
Corporal

2 more possible buggy mission.
1. "Iran to strait", told to get incoming radio message. But got nothing. Tried both wires and radiomast. Nothing
2. "protect motherland", told to get target coordinates from the satellite fro 7:10-7:15. got nothing. Tried both radio mast and float wire.
Старый 05-12-2017, 18:01   #2712
pepe
Sergeant

Цитата:
Сообщение от Billy Посмотреть сообщение
It's a subcommand mission. You should see it. I may have gotten the name wrong, but it's about rescuing a downed pilot in Chinese waters and egress out of the area.
I do not play single player missions - only MP. This is reason why I delete all SP missions from scenario folder

I can check "China Surveillance", "Iran to strait" and "Protect motherland" only if you send those missions here.
Старый 05-12-2017, 21:50   #2713
Billy
Corporal

Цитата:
I do not play single player missions - only MP. This is reason why I delete all SP missions from scenario folder

I can check "China Surveillance", "Iran to strait" and "Protect motherland" only if you send those missions here.
Ok, I'll try to post it tonite. Btw, I just think Oscars or any missile boats are so Overpowered in current version of mod. If combined with satellite long range targetting, one single Oscar can pretty much take out a carrier task force alone.
Старый 06-12-2017, 04:53   #2714
Billy
Corporal

Here they are.

"China Survellaince" = "downed pilot": Can't complete mission
"Protect motherland": no radio message
"Iran to strait": no radio message
Вложения
Тип файла: rar Scenario.rar (10.2 Кб, 353 просмотров)
Старый 06-12-2017, 07:47   #2715
Billy
Corporal

For "Invade Motherland", I added 2 more AAW ships, so totally 5 AAW: 2 VLS CGs and 3 VLS DDGs plus one FFG trailing at the end. 80% time, Oscars can take out the carrier in the first wave of missiles. 100% time, the carrier won't survive the first 45 minute of the mission. Your own sub could barely reach the first line of Akulas by that time. I figured out the reason why. Shipwreck missile is so powerful because it can employ CM in final phase to confuse SM2's. One game, for the first wave of 4 shipwrecks from the Oscar, the CVNG launched 24 SM2 and sea sparrow missiles. Not a single one hit the target. All got confused by CMs. Seriously, please test this weapon. It is so overpower like no joke.
Старый 07-12-2017, 00:41   #2716
pepe
Sergeant

For now only 2 scenarios:

"Invade Motherland" - difficult scenario for fixing - too much random factors
changes:
- wider screen for CVN
- group: 3x Ticonderoga + 2x Arleigh Burke +Nimitz
- 2 Air stations for pair of F-14
- 1 Air station E-2C
- Oscars II are for some time neutral
Problem:
DDG's and CG's after first attacks slows down and can't follow CVN in previous formation! I haven't idea how to change that

"Iran to strait" - strange because mesages should work but they didn't.
changes:
- now all messages works correct
- added random "combatants" unit (Boghammar or Houdong)
- Line of escape for Kilo now is like in description: below 26-20N latitude.
Вложения
Тип файла: rar modified scenarios.rar (7.6 Кб, 359 просмотров)
Старый 07-12-2017, 06:12   #2717
Billy
Corporal

@pepe

The new "Invade Motherland" mission is a lot better than before. But the reason is because Oscars never fired a single shipwreck. The Club missiles from Akulas are easily dealt with by SM2. Not a single AA missiles from the fighters hit the target. So the first 1:30 of the mission is ok. Btw, is there anyway to have the carrier to launch new fighters to replace those already on station?
Старый 07-12-2017, 07:51   #2718
Billy
Corporal

Here is another mission to illustrate my point: shipwreck is almost impossible to intercept. This mission "protect motherland" is basically the same as the other one. Here I have 5 AAW ships, 4 fighters and 1 AWACS. You can see only one single oscar can take out the almost the entire carrier group. AA missiles are pretty much useless against them.
Вложения
Тип файла: rar SM16 Protect the Motherland.rar (4.0 Кб, 353 просмотров)
Старый 07-12-2017, 18:33   #2719
Billy
Corporal

@pepe

Your new "Invade Motherland" is much much better now. I played it through last night. I got almost to the end, but got careless and killed by the final Oscar II. No ships were lost. I have the following observation:

1. "Oscar II remain neutral sometimes" really helps. Especially at the beginning
2. The wake homing torpedo 65-76 torpedo is buggy. It homes on the target and hits the target but never explodes. Then the torpedo keeps dancing around the ship and makes a few more hits but never explodes.

Btw, where I can find out how to write script for a mission? I just know the basic stuff: add object, create trigger. Need some lessons on the coding side of mission editing.
Старый 07-12-2017, 19:50   #2720
pepe
Sergeant

Oscar II needs position of Nimitz from Akulas Link but at beginning all Oscars have ROE peace (Akula ROE is war). When you defeat Akulas before Oscars change ROE to war - SSGN's do not know where to send SS-N-19's.

I saw sometimes strange "dancing" of AI 65-76 torpedoes - maybe it bug? I don't know.

In Manual folder you have SCS-DW_Mission EditorManual.pdf. This is source of my knowledge + experience from making own missions. It's not very complicated.

I will look at rest missions in my free time - now i am little busy.
Ответ