Опции темы Опции просмотра
Prev Предыдущее сообщение   Следующее сообщение Next
Старый 13-12-2008, 23:58   #11
suBB
Senior Aircraftsman

dynamic MP

Subject: Dynamic MP

Hey,

At this point I’m going to wait until next version release before I start actually building mission scenarios, but right now I can go ahead and start planning / layout.

But 1st I would like to chat about the concept of dynamic MP and what you think about ways it could possibly be enhanced.

Then…

Shortly before DW came out I’ve often had a growing irritation with DM gameplay and most mission based scenarios in DW. The problem is the level of predictably; damn near on the high end most of the time. Especially after playing the same mission map at least three times, and could pretty much know where the opposing platform is or the general approach from a target platform. Even worse, transiting a short while (or distance) and detecting the exact same platform most of the time. Under such playing conditions, there really wasn’t any requirement of thought anymore behind the experience. For me, DW became mechanical and I then grew bored with it altogether.

I pondered a way to counter the irritation and make the experience much more worth the while, yet always offer something new to look forward to each time the scenario is played. Long story short, I realized that the more predictability can be reduced – the more dynamic the scenario can be – and the level of predictability can be reduced through editing. All of a sudden.. volia …the concept of dynamic MP.

Now…

The concept of dynamic MP was made to give freedom of thought and movement in the scenario, but at the cost of your own actions and choices you make (collectively in some cases), while in the same time, ensure playability of the scenario within a reasonable time. I have a criteria I currently use and we can get into details if you like. I really would like to see more dynamic MP scenarios from others as well.

Since April / 2006, I’ve pondered and tested this concept and the results are conclusive; dynamic MP is a reality and it can be done. There are working examples of this concept as playable MP scenarios I’ve released, in fact the only MP scenarios I’ve released. The most recent release = most refined concept.

From experience, tons of testing and actual MP performance, I can tell you quite a few factors that can generate and maintain dynamic MP, but the main ingredients are the human element and predictability suppression. Predictability cannot be 100% removed, but it can be suppressed in such a way that each time the same scenario is played, in the same platform, you will be relying mainly on your best judgment and core experience to carry out your mission, while contending with the factor of ‘the unknown’ and your best means of staying abreast of your current situation.

But, I must warn you, such a scenario does not appeal to neither DM style gameplay, nor the one who seeks ‘guaranteed positive results’ all the time in a scenario. Under these conditions, anything can happen at anytime that can sway your chances of success and successful outcome of ownside is subject to planning and strategy and how well / poor the opposing sides’ efforts are countered

Since not everyone will appreciate such a scenario, by default, like any other scenario, you will always have an audience that will.

So, please, think for a moment… what do you think that can be done to reduce predictability in a MP scenario???

Have some AARs of dynamic MP if interested.. just need to find them..

thx
suBB вне форума   Ответить с цитированием