Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 16-09-2018, 04:51   #2881
Billy
Corporal

Цитата:
Сообщение от CrazyIvan Посмотреть сообщение
what's wrong with this mission?

PS: I did something to fix it, but I do not remember exactly
That mission couldn't be completed if Buffalo was sunk but you reach the ice cap. It is because when the ship got sunk, it gets removed and script won't recognize that. I think what you did was to fix that.
Billy вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 16-09-2018, 07:41   #2882
Billy
Corporal

an interesting observation, not sure if it's a bug.
The mission I used "invade motherland" of SC missions. I get TIW and sonar buoy warnings from 2 Nimrod aircraft 36nmi away. Sub launched and surface ship launched torpedoes are ok. You can't only hear TIW within a certain range.
Старый 16-09-2018, 13:46   #2883
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

For me, this is a known default bug - you will get TIW from sonobuoy, if the torpedo is at a distance of 3 miles from him. (the distance to the player can be just huge - 300, 400 miles for example.)

And - TIW players get on both on submarines and on ships.
Вложения
Тип файла: 7z !! _Tiw_Sonobuoy_Bug.7z (1.2 Кб, 543 просмотров)
Тип файла: 7z RA_RSR12_Race_of_the_Cripples.7z (4.9 Кб, 531 просмотров)
Старый 17-09-2018, 04:01   #2884
Billy
Corporal

Цитата:
For me, this is a known default bug - you will get TIW from sonobuoy, if the torpedo is at a distance of 3 miles from him. (the distance to the player can be just huge - 300, 400 miles for example.)

And - TIW players get on both on submarines and on ships.
I am v1.45. I thought this bug has been fixed in 1.45? So do I still need this patch if I have 1.45?
Старый 17-09-2018, 23:02   #2885
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

This bug can not be deleted.

At least - in this way as we use it. (editing via hex codes without having a basic source)
Старый 18-09-2018, 19:44   #2886
Billy
Corporal

Just reporting three other possible bugs:
1. When American carrier gets hit by Oscar's UGM missiles, its in-flight fighters also suffer damage in the air. It seems this occurs randomly. I don't remember seeing this bug back in 1.43.
2. When Arleigh Burke class destroyers flight 1 and 2 get attacked by a barrage of missiles, they will only launch 2-3 missiles at a time. It seems their VLS is not getting used. (it seems all American DDG and CG couldn't use VLS. They all launch a few missiles regardless how many enemy missiles are launched against them.) Russian warships are working fine.
3. When a missile gets destroyed, all other SM-2s aimed at that missile would self-destruct.
Старый 19-09-2018, 19:32   #2887
CubanFoxtrot
Aircraftsman

Цитата:
This bug can not be deleted.

At least - in this way as we use it. (editing via hex codes without having a basic source)
What's the obstacle exactly, CrazyIvan?
I know a little bit about OsSensorDetectEvent, OsSensor, etc. too.
Not as much as you or as I'd like, but still we might try to cross opinions and formulate a solution (how would you expect that to work IRL? how should this event system coordinate with data link? what about sonobuoy link state? friendly platforms should be considered as extend events' comm range extenders - maybe introducing comm delay? didn't think too much in-depth about the subject yet ).
I've looked only at your missile-torpedo-sonobuoy switches in disasm (OsSensor's 0x0669F90 function, vtable+0x14) so far (called by OsSensorDetectEvent's vtable+0x10).
Couldn't you share the broader picture of the problem, please?
Let's see if I can be of any help there, if it's welcome of course.
As usual, thanks so much for your hard modding work.
CubanFoxtrot
CubanFoxtrot вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 20-09-2018, 02:01   #2888
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

This is not my merit.

Rather, comrades –Krabb- and –Jaf-, corrected this bug, and shared fix for community.

All from our team ))
Старый 21-09-2018, 18:17   #2889
Billy
Corporal

I know you guys are working hard on the next great v1.46. I just have a few suggestions:

1. Can we strengthen CIWS power and accuracy? Right now, CIWS is practically useless against sea-skimming missiles, which they were originally designed to kill. The only use of CIWS now is to shoot at terrorist's rubber boats

2. Can we double check on some of the SAM's speed? Right now in 1.45, USNIReference says SM-2 missile top speed is only Mach 2.5. Most sources I checked, this missile's top speed is at least Mach 3.5. Considering most modern fighters (su-27, f-15 etc) top speeds are around 2.35, a Mach 2.5 SAM is practically useless.

3. There is a discrepancy between the listed speed in the reference and the actual in-battle speed. SM-2's top speed is mach2.5, but actual in-battle is only around 950kts, that's merely Mach 1.42.
Старый 23-09-2018, 05:46   #2890
seadog0514
seadog

better save the egergy for sub only, surface and air battle are mess in DW.

Последний раз редактировалось seadog0514; 25-09-2018 в 08:28.
seadog0514 вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 25-09-2018, 23:29   #2891
kyte
Северный флот

Цитата:
Сообщение от Submereged Посмотреть сообщение
Hey CrazyIvan, I was wondering if it would be possible to increase the top speed of the Virginia Class? Since it's beam is only a foot wider while having 5,000 more horsepower than a Los Angeles class it should be able able to go faster than an LA while maybe a knot slower than Seawolf. If you want more proof, what would accept? Janes or other publications showing its top speed?
In this video author says 25+ kts ...
https://youtu.be/JB43X6p9b-4
kyte вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 26-09-2018, 00:34   #2892
pepe
Sergeant

Official speed for every US subs in service is 25+ (which doesn't means maximum speed)
https://www.navy.mil/navydata/fact_p...00&ct=4&page=1
pepe вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 26-09-2018, 22:07   #2893
kyte
Северный флот

Цитата:
Hey CrazyIvan, I was wondering if it would be possible to increase the top speed of the Virginia Class? Since it's beam is only a foot wider while having 5,000 more horsepower than a Los Angeles class it should be able able to go faster than an LA while maybe a knot slower than Seawolf. If you want more proof, what would accept? Janes or other publications showing its top speed?
I think that the reason for the low speed "Virginia" in the design of the propeller. The propeller that works silently differs from the propeller that allows you to get a high speed.
kyte вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 26-09-2018, 23:37   #2894
pepe
Sergeant

Virginia uses propulsion similar like Seawolf (35kts)

Цитата:
The propeller that works silently differs from the propeller that allows you to get a high speed
Its truth but not at all. Other SSN's with pump-jet can reach 30 or more kts:

- Suffren and Trafalgar can reach 30kts
- Shang mod 33kts
- even Alrosa (in real life not well done project) in DW have greater seed (22kts) than Kilo or LADA

For me Virginia should have minimum 30 kts but not more than Seawolf (closer to 30 than 35).

Fact that USN officially says all US SSN's have official speed 25+ kts in case of Virginia is good feed for russian propaganda about lower speed of Virginia

In other hand Virginia was NOT designed as typical Hunter-killer from end of Cold War - very high speed hadn't highest priority.

I don't know (and i don't care*) what is real speed of Viginia but im sure shouldn't be lower than 30 for game purposes.

*- I don't like Virginia SSN (and other ultra modern subs) because in my opinion DW is too old for good simulation of Today/Future submarine/antisubmarine warfare aspects - but its my personal opinion
Старый 30-09-2018, 20:39   #2895
Рыба
Corporal

Hello, I'm find a BUG: Kitty Hawk - model not available. RA DWX Version 1.45. If you select this platform in the mission editor, game crash...

Последний раз редактировалось Рыба; 01-10-2018 в 23:15.
Рыба вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 30-09-2018, 20:52   #2896
Рыба
Corporal

Цитата:
Сообщение от pepe Посмотреть сообщение
Virginia uses propulsion similar like Seawolf (35kts)

Its truth but not at all. Other SSN's with pump-jet can reach 30 or more kts:

- Suffren and Trafalgar can reach 30kts
- Shang mod 33kts
- even Alrosa (in real life not well done project) in DW have greater seed (22kts) than Kilo or LADA

For me Virginia should have minimum 30 kts but not more than Seawolf (closer to 30 than 35).

Fact that USN officially says all US SSN's have official speed 25+ kts in case of Virginia is good feed for russian propaganda about lower speed of Virginia

In other hand Virginia was NOT designed as typical Hunter-killer from end of Cold War - very high speed hadn't highest priority.

I don't know (and i don't care*) what is real speed of Viginia but im sure shouldn't be lower than 30 for game purposes.

*- I don't like Virginia SSN (and other ultra modern subs) because in my opinion DW is too old for good simulation of Today/Future submarine/antisubmarine warfare aspects - but its my personal opinion
In my opinion, SSN "Virginia" in the game has the most realistic speed (it corresponds to most open sources 25 knots (in the game even higher by 3 knots)) and it is quite balanced, personally suits me. Do not forget that this submarine is much cheaper than a SSN "Seawolf" and its tasks are somewhat different, mainly these are special operations.

Последний раз редактировалось Рыба; 30-09-2018 в 21:59.
Старый 01-10-2018, 02:08   #2897
pepe
Sergeant

Цитата:
Сообщение от Рыба Посмотреть сообщение
...it corresponds to most open sources 25 knots
..the same sources gives you information:

LA speed is 25+ kts
Seawolf speed is 25+ kts

https://www.navy.mil/navydata/fact_p...00&ct=4&page=1

Are you sure it is correct?
In my opinion its just "strategy" of USN for NOT informing about maximum speed.

For exapmle:
Цитата:
Here's what I have from Janes fighting ships!
https://i.imgur.com/3NtYYhm.jpg
different than official USN sourses shows different values of speed

Цитата:
Hello, I'm find a BUG: Kitty Hawk - model not available. RA DWX Version 1.45.
bug confirmed in my DW
Старый 01-10-2018, 22:32   #2898
Рыба
Corporal

Hello. I found another bug: If you select a cannon at the DDG Udaloy combat post (Weapons control 1 or 2), open the camera window, switch it to the helicopter camera window, it will crash to the desktop (checked in quick missions). The USS Oliver Hazard Perry FFG this works fine...

Последний раз редактировалось Рыба; 01-10-2018 в 23:13.
Старый 11-10-2018, 21:54   #2899
ghostdog
Aircraftsman

If we are working on new vessels, how about some older ones to fight with?
I would like to see echo, November and Whiskey class Russian subs, to complement Skipjack and Thresher class submarines. Using older systems and older torpedoes may prove a new challenge, especially if we can also bring outbolder boats withbolder sonobuoys and ASW weapons too...
ghostdog вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 15-10-2018, 23:27   #2900
OrangeFr3ak
Aircraftsman

Will Indian and Vietnamese Navy Kilo submarines be added in future since both navies are major users of the Kilo? The Indian Kilos are also known as the Sindhughosh class. It'll be nice to have hypothetical scenarios where Indian or Vietnamese Kilos face off against PLA Navy Kilos since this isn't too far-fetched and also Indian Navy scenarios against Pakistani submarines and surface warships.
OrangeFr3ak вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Ответ