Bugcatcher

Exclamation

THE IMPORTANT EVENT:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...02&postcount=7
CrazyIvan вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 24-03-2011, 19:56   #1522
sertore
Sergeant

Mr. Krabb does not end to surprise us with no limit: this is really a good enhancement that will change the use of active sonar in DW, a quite useless since today. Thanks again RA team and Mr. Krabb!
sertore вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 24-03-2011, 20:16   #1523
Sag75
Leading Aircraftsman

this also happens sometimes using active sonar on Perry/Udaloy

Good job!!
Sag75 вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 24-03-2011, 20:49   #1524
Panzermensch
Corporal

nice, good job! *salutes*
Panzermensch вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 24-03-2011, 21:54   #1525
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Thumbs up

Цитата:
Сообщение от Sag75 Посмотреть сообщение
this also happens sometimes using active sonar on Perry/Udaloy

Good job!!

It too was corrected
Старый 24-03-2011, 23:51   #1526
dd149
Sergeant

Fantastic job, the team at its best
dd149 вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 25-03-2011, 21:54   #1527
Snipt
Leading Aircraftsman

Цитата:
Сообщение от CrazyIvan Посмотреть сообщение
Which sounds?
Button sounds, crew voices, all machinery sounds like periscope topedo bay sounds, engine. I can only hear sonar noises and incoming pings, same for a friend of mine. Concerns SSN21 class and some of the new submarines like the 212 and others.
Snipt вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 25-03-2011, 22:00   #1528
Snipt
Leading Aircraftsman

Цитата:
To: Snipt

> the sudden "BOOOM" i get hit by an ADCAP that seemingly did not enjoy the idea to be counted out and just turned around silently homing on my submarine and without any further warning strikes me down.

Obviously that you dealed with a PASSIVE mode of a torpedo.
Uhm... i was not aware they could switch that mid run of a torpedo.
The torpedo (ADCAP) came in on me homing with active sonar, i evaded it (it went for a decoy), and seconds after i was out his cone he turned round (160°s!) and headed straight for me. Also had the same thing happen a couple days back once again with a missile torpedo.
Старый 26-03-2011, 00:34   #1529
Invicible
Leading Aircraftsman

Цитата:
Сообщение от Snipt Посмотреть сообщение
Button sounds, crew voices, all machinery sounds like periscope topedo bay sounds, engine. I can only hear sonar noises and incoming pings, same for a friend of mine. Concerns SSN21 class and some of the new submarines like the 212 and others.
Have you used programs like Registry Cleaner, or you have defragmented the PC?
These questions because some remedial programs and defragmenting eliminate the sound of many functions ....
Invicible вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 26-03-2011, 11:17   #1530
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
Uhm... i was not aware they could switch that mid run of a torpedo.
The torpedo (ADCAP) came in on me homing with active sonar, i evaded it (it went for a decoy), and seconds after i was out his cone he turned round (160°s!) and headed straight for me. Also had the same thing happen a couple days back once again with a missile torpedo.

Some the torpedo has function Reattack.

If target is lost, the torpedo will do immediately circulation, if the target will not be found - then the torpedo will continue cruise.

All these options are described in detail in a user manual to the weapon.

Also, as the torpedo processes the false targets - CMs, is in this document.

Can your game be damaged?

Proceeding from this that you even have problems with a sound - probably that you have what that of a malfunction.
Старый 26-03-2011, 18:11   #1531
Гена
Senior Aircraftsman

Цитата:
Friends - any critics waiting.
It is good idea. I suppose there is no such an indication on subs (especially old/not "electronically" upgraded), but acoustics/XO have experience and some calculation table to know at what depth sub needs to be to "hear" platforms above/under the layer via TA. So for game purposes it is reasonable to have this information as acoustics/XO report because player doesn't have experience/some calculation table and time to calculate TA depth manually each time depth/speed/TA length changes. My only question is: whether layer is just so thin (you have to change depth just by 1 meter to be on another side of the layer) or it has thickness of a few meters?
PS: and why sometimes this info is not available?
Гена вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 30-03-2011, 11:29   #1532
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
Сообщение от Гена Посмотреть сообщение
It is good idea. I suppose there is no such an indication on subs (especially old/not "electronically" upgraded), but acoustics/XO have experience and some calculation table to know at what depth sub needs to be to "hear" platforms above/under the layer via TA. So for game purposes it is reasonable to have this information as acoustics/XO report because player doesn't have experience/some calculation table and time to calculate TA depth manually each time depth/speed/TA length changes. My only question is: whether layer is just so thin (you have to change depth just by 1 meter to be on another side of the layer) or it has thickness of a few meters?
PS: and why sometimes this info is not available?

The thickenes of a layer - is not simulated.

There is nominal value - actually depth of a layer.

Further mathematics the comparison - is simple, above sensor of this value (Layer Depth) or below.
Старый 30-03-2011, 18:18   #1533
Invicible
Leading Aircraftsman

Hi Ra Team,
I ask your attention to this picture:

Quick Mission - Unit:Udaloy - Torepedo: UGST / Active Mode - Layer: NO
Старый 30-03-2011, 20:00   #1534
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
Сообщение от Invicible Посмотреть сообщение
Hi Ra Team,
I ask your attention to this picture:

Quick Mission - Unit:Udaloy - Torepedo: UGST / Active Mode - Layer: NO
Probably:

SSP - Bottom Limited
Bottom - Sand Or Mud
Sea State - 4 or 5

Summaru - you have very,very bad acoustic environments.

For Next version add-on, i shall create test mission with by explanation of such influences.

Where the detection can reach from 40 km, up to 1 km - for the same platforms, but with different acoustic conditions.

You have got used to play with the best conditions (default, the mission editor and establishes such conditions).

However, the generator of fast missions, likes to create rather disgusting conditions.
Старый 30-03-2011, 23:46   #1535
Snipt
Leading Aircraftsman

Цитата:
Have you used programs like Registry Cleaner, or you have defragmented the PC?
These questions because some remedial programs and defragmenting eliminate the sound of many functions ....
Uhm... no, i did not do any defrag or registry works after i completly deinstalled and reinstalled the game and the mod. A friend of mine claims to have the same trouble. Also all other ingame sounds work fine, also stock sounds.

Well, if you say it gotta be with mine i better go check deep into the dlls and files there see if i can make up a solution for this.

Concerning the torpedo: I am well aware this torpedo retargeting function exists, but that certainly does not explain why a torpedo that was active at first runs in passive mode after retargeting. And it also does not explain how a missile launched from an AkulaII can impact the water 2 miles west south west of my location and IMMEDIATLY without making a single noise home in on my sub which was submerged at 1400 feet opposite of a layer AND a sound-speed "barrier"and effectively sink me. I observed this happening with Truth setting enabled as me and my friend were testing this mod with a large carrier BG. There were a lot of torpedo fights that preceded this event, but its still a "miracle".

Well anyway, i just wanted to bring attention to this. You guys made such a great mod that it impossibly could run free of mistakes. So a lot thanks for this, hope now that its mentioned maybe someday someone more knowledgable then me will notice this as well and may do something about it. For the rest thanks a lot guys and you Ivan especially as lead designer of this mod (i take it ) for an enhancement i have long been waiting for

Cheers
Старый 31-03-2011, 00:23   #1536
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
Uhm... no, i did not do any defrag or registry works after i completly deinstalled and reinstalled the game and the mod. A friend of mine claims to have the same trouble. Also all other ingame sounds work fine, also stock sounds.

Well, if you say it gotta be with mine i better go check deep into the dlls and files there see if i can make up a solution for this.

Concerning the torpedo: I am well aware this torpedo retargeting function exists, but that certainly does not explain why a torpedo that was active at first runs in passive mode after retargeting. And it also does not explain how a missile launched from an AkulaII can impact the water 2 miles west south west of my location and IMMEDIATLY without making a single noise home in on my sub which was submerged at 1400 feet opposite of a layer AND a sound-speed "barrier"and effectively sink me. I observed this happening with Truth setting enabled as me and my friend were testing this mod with a large carrier BG. There were a lot of torpedo fights that preceded this event, but its still a "miracle".

Well anyway, i just wanted to bring attention to this. You guys made such a great mod that it impossibly could run free of mistakes. So a lot thanks for this, hope now that its mentioned maybe someday someone more knowledgable then me will notice this as well and may do something about it. For the rest thanks a lot guys and you Ivan especially as lead designer of this mod (i take it ) for an enhancement i have long been waiting for

Cheers

We did not do any "Miracle".

However engine of game, and formula, works as simple mathematics.

If the torpedo is induced on you - means for this aiming were the objective reasons.

If the torpedo was not guided on you - means and for this NON aiming too - there were what that objective reasons.

I can not, consider with what that the special case for this event.

Many variants of tests were considered, and the correct job was confirmed.

Let other players will confirm such strong feature Subroc Torpedoes - to attack 2 miles (3704 meters) a silent sub.

When the maximal distances of sensor controls of SUBROC's and AIR Dropped torpedos do not exceed 2 kms? %-)
Старый 31-03-2011, 01:22   #1537
Invicible
Leading Aircraftsman

Цитата:
Probably:
For Next version add-on, i shall create test mission with by explanation of such influences.
Will be of great help to all players of RA.

It 's very clear the issue of the cones acquisition and the influence on the scope of aspect angle.

I do not understand how the Sea State and Bottom influence the extent of the sensors. The mathematical model of how it works?
Старый 31-03-2011, 11:36   #1538
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
Will be of great help to all players of RA.

It 's very clear the issue of the cones acquisition and the influence on the scope of aspect angle.

I do not understand how the Sea State and Bottom influence the extent of the sensors. The mathematical model of how it works?
Sea State - gives the large background of noise.It is most difficult to allocate a useful signal from noise of a component.
You throw a stone in quiet water - will see well as the circles propagation on water.
Also throw a stone in rough waters. You will not see clearly any more these circles - waves mix them.

Bottom - does not give waves wide propagation. Sand or Mud - the sound waves do not reflect and absorb them. (The reflection is - but very, very weak. It is more absorption)
It as you throw a ball on a HARD floor - he will jump up some times.
And if to throw a ball on a SOFT sofa or bed - he will not jump up.

Similar and with sound propagation.
Старый 31-03-2011, 12:29   #1539
Invicible
Leading Aircraftsman

Цитата:
Sea State - gives the large background of noise.It is most difficult to allocate a useful signal from noise of a component.
You throw a stone in quiet water - will see well as the circles propagation on water.
Also throw a stone in rough waters. You will not see clearly any more these circles - waves mix them.

Bottom - does not give waves wide propagation. Sand or Mud - the sound waves do not reflect and absorb them. (The reflection is - but very, very weak. It is more absorption)
It as you throw a ball on a HARD floor - he will jump up some times.
And if to throw a ball on a SOFT sofa or bed - he will not jump up.

Similar and with sound propagation.
Very clear, but in RA as is simulated? If you are all set by mathematical formulas and logic, then there is a ''bijection''. Where can we get those values​​?
Старый 31-03-2011, 14:16   #1540
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
Very clear, but in RA as is simulated? If you are all set by mathematical formulas and logic, then there is a ''bijection''. Where can we get those values​​?

It is simulated in the engine of game.

There is a target noise. Also there is a listening sensor control.
Simply to say - calculate the loss of noise, which a listening sensor control reaches.
Further: Threshold of sensitivity of a sensor control - whether is capable he to pull the loss of noise, from a background of an environment.
Ответ