Sergeant

Superb work, thanks
dd149 вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 15-01-2011, 02:53   #1363
Castout
Senior Aircraftsman

Цитата:
Сообщение от CrazyIvan Посмотреть сообщение
>> How do you explain that the torpedo lose the contact at less 200 yard of his target ??? It is impossible. There is something that is no good.

Bug has been removed.
Can we please please have this patch released immediately?
Castout вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 18-01-2011, 05:50   #1364
Castout
Senior Aircraftsman

I've noticed that dangerous waters.exe to try to connect to the following without me actually trying to play with anyone(outbound connection).

IPv4: 111.94.x.x, 119.110.x.x (TCP destination port 80)
IPv6: ff02:1:ff61:75bd (ICMPv6)

Does anybody know what's going on?

I'm not accusing anything just found it strange I don't think the exe would need to communicate to any server.
Старый 18-01-2011, 19:51   #1365
PJB
Senior Aircraftsman

Цитата:
Сообщение от Castout Посмотреть сообщение
I've noticed that dangerous waters.exe to try to connect to the following without me actually trying to play with anyone(outbound connection).

IPv4: 111.94.x.x, 119.110.x.x (TCP destination port 80)
IPv6: ff02:1:ff61:75bd (ICMPv6)

Does anybody know what's going on?

I'm not accusing anything just found it strange I don't think the exe would need to communicate to any server.
Where did you see this, if in .ini file its just the last connection you made, it gets stored there for some reason.
PJB вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 19-01-2011, 00:47   #1366
Castout
Senior Aircraftsman

Цитата:
Сообщение от PJB Посмотреть сообщение
Where did you see this, if in .ini file its just the last connection you made, it gets stored there for some reason.

Umm thanks for the reply from my firewall log/event list actually

My adapter ini looks something like this. I tried playing online yesterday but it failed neither of us could see each other session. I've allowed dangerous waters.exe to connect out and accept connection. My firewall logged that I connected out to my opponent computer but I just couldn't see any session while the firewall never logged even any connection attempt from him when I tried to host(nothing logged as blocked and no incoming connection logged).

This file contains all adapters found on this system:
Local Area Connection - IPv6 - fe80::xx:xx:xx:75bd
Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface - IPv6 - 2001:0:4137:xx:xx6:xx:xx:e21f
Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface - IPv6 - fe80::xx:xx:xx:e21f
6TO4 Adapter - IPv6 - 2002:xx:xx::xx:1de0
Local Area Connection - IPv4 - 118.136.29.224

As far as I know my iSP is not using any IPv6 protocol. Must be windows 7 thing perhaps.

And yesterday I noticed something which confused me too. While I was trying to host with ip 118.136.29.224(and my opponent's was 70.164.96.xx) the firewall logged that dangerouswaters.exe was connecting to 118.136.29.1, to port 1900 ??! Perhaps it was trying to tell the local network of the DW opened session?!
Старый 19-01-2011, 03:45   #1367
PJB
Senior Aircraftsman

Цитата:
Umm thanks for the reply from my firewall log/event list actually

My adapter ini looks something like this. I tried playing online yesterday but it failed neither of us could see each other session. I've allowed dangerous waters.exe to connect out and accept connection. My firewall logged that I connected out to my opponent computer but I just couldn't see any session while the firewall never logged even any connection attempt from him when I tried to host(nothing logged as blocked and no incoming connection logged).

This file contains all adapters found on this system:
Local Area Connection - IPv6 - fe80::xx:xx:xx:75bd
Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface - IPv6 - 2001:0:4137:xx:xx6:xx:xx:e21f
Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface - IPv6 - fe80::xx:xx:xx:e21f
6TO4 Adapter - IPv6 - 2002:xx:xx::xx:1de0
Local Area Connection - IPv4 - 118.136.29.224

As far as I know my iSP is not using any IPv6 protocol. Must be windows 7 thing perhaps.

And yesterday I noticed something which confused me too. While I was trying to host with ip 118.136.29.224(and my opponent's was 70.164.96.xx) the firewall logged that dangerouswaters.exe was connecting to 118.136.29.1, to port 1900 ??! Perhaps it was trying to tell the local network of the DW opened session?!
turn off IPV6 dw doesnt like it. yes it is a windows 7 thing
PJB вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 19-01-2011, 06:08   #1368
Castout
Senior Aircraftsman

Цитата:
Сообщение от PJB Посмотреть сообщение
turn off IPV6 dw doesnt like it. yes it is a windows 7 thing

Umm thanks I've unchecked it from LAN properties. Will that do it for good?

I hope I'll be able to play DW online later today now that IPv6 is turned off.
Старый 19-01-2011, 12:13   #1369
sertore
Sergeant

Dear Castout,
reading your posts I am even more convinced that your issue should be not directly connected to DW or RA but it is a system issue.

IPV6 should be not involved at all: the entries you are seeing are the standard tunneling that Microsoft is configuring on its OS to support the further IPV6, so disabling that could not help. My personal opinion is to leave the IPV6 settings are are, to not interfere with the future updates by Microsoft.

Maybe you could have a problem with UPnP services, for which the UDP port 1900 is the standard listening port. If you does not use this feature, you can simply disable it using the service panel, setting to Manual the start of service SSDP Discovery Service (SSDPSRV), and then stop the service. In case you will need this feature in the future you have just to reinstate to Automatic the start of the service. Please note that you can disable the same feature also at modem/router level: you should have a check box in on your router to disable the UPnP feature at modem level, but it does not preserve you from disabling of the service on your OS like suggested.

Try and let me know if you will continue to have the UDP traffic on port 1900 (please note that limited traffic on port 1900 is generated also from MSN Messenger, but it is limited and time periodical).

Hope this help.
sertore вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 19-01-2011, 13:25   #1370
Castout
Senior Aircraftsman

Цитата:
Сообщение от sertore Посмотреть сообщение
Dear Castout,
reading your posts I am even more convinced that your issue should be not directly connected to DW or RA but it is a system issue.

IPV6 should be not involved at all: the entries you are seeing are the standard tunneling that Microsoft is configuring on its OS to support the further IPV6, so disabling that could not help. My personal opinion is to leave the IPV6 settings are are, to not interfere with the future updates by Microsoft.

Maybe you could have a problem with UPnP services, for which the UDP port 1900 is the standard listening port. If you does not use this feature, you can simply disable it using the service panel, setting to Manual the start of service SSDP Discovery Service (SSDPSRV), and then stop the service. In case you will need this feature in the future you have just to reinstate to Automatic the start of the service. Please note that you can disable the same feature also at modem/router level: you should have a check box in on your router to disable the UPnP feature at modem level, but it does not preserve you from disabling of the service on your OS like suggested.

Try and let me know if you will continue to have the UDP traffic on port 1900 (please note that limited traffic on port 1900 is generated also from MSN Messenger, but it is limited and time periodical).

Hope this help.
Thanks for the suggestion

I don't think I'm having any problem with UPnP service. I think DW is trying to alert the local LAN maybe. It tries to connect to IPv6 and IPv4 addresses.

The IPv4 addresses is always showing as local ip(same country) either to port 1900 or port 80 and none other.

I'm sure it's only happening with DW.

Do I need to reinstall the application?
Старый 19-01-2011, 14:06   #1371
sertore
Sergeant

Exclamation

Цитата:
Do I need to reinstall the application?
Nope.

Tried to host game with DW and checked the ports: never seen traffic on port 1900 or 80.

Continue to think that you have a problem on your PC: are you sure to not have any trojan infection?

When DW starts maybe an hook of a malware service is engaged and starts maliciuos traffic...

PS: we are congesting this thread with information not RA related: please move our discussion on subsim. Thanks!
Старый 19-01-2011, 19:08   #1372
Snipt
Leading Aircraftsman

Just downloaded this awesome mod, and my trouble grows big: I installed it once over my existing installation of DW, didn work. Then i deleted DW and reinstalled it, trying to do exactly as told in the readme. Now, it mentions an installation .bat file in the readme which i did somehow not get. So i just made sure all files were okay from any archive, and started putting them into the specified folders. When i did that forgetting the controllers.ini i could play and have the platforms named in editor, though not controlable and not visible in 3D. After putting in the controller.ini file the game just crashes after the intro movie in which i still cannot see the submarine and the missile models.
Quick help would be appreciated, thanks ahead.
Snipt вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 19-01-2011, 20:41   #1373
Snipt
Leading Aircraftsman

My apologies, just discovered something went wrong when i downloaded part 4. Got a 4MB sized file instead of 40MB. After 2 tries installation was successfull and is now working perfectly. Please remove my previous post.

If you have trouble running this mod with a different language version use a registry editor search "Dangerous Waters" settings and set the variable aLetter to "e".

Thanks you guys a lot for this great mod, finally i can make the missions i was having in my mind all the time but couldn make coz of a lack of units.
Старый 20-01-2011, 07:20   #1374
Castout
Senior Aircraftsman

As with the strange connections I seem to be having

I reinstalled DW and DW stock 1.04 exhibit the same behavior of connecting to port 1900 of another ip(same ip as host with the last digit being chnaged to 1). I think it's thus not a DWX problem at all.

I'm sorry if it caused concern and worry. Played online this early morning set the clock to beep at 3AM and I enjoyed my first big DWX online game even when nothing happened in game with regard to my Akula for 3 hours ;-)

Well I detected long range possible 688i contacts but they soon vanished. Kept hearing Tiw every 20 minutes half way through game. I guess the 688i skipper south of me was really being trigger happy. Couldn't even track the torpedoes launched. Must be awfully far away.
Старый 20-01-2011, 16:33   #1375
Panzermensch
Corporal

Bug?

Hi there!

I have some questions and inquiries.

-

1)I detected something very strange and can't find any solution for this problem/bug:

As you can see in the screenshots the neutrals always get attacked by the Kirov. I have seen this in many missions since RA v1.3.

Sometimes the Kirov launchs just a single missle, which often misses the target, and then stop engaging for the rest of the mission.

ROE: All sides at Peace Time
Alliances: Sides 0,1, 3 -and- Sides 2, 3

(Mission is attached)

-

2) Is it possible that you cant launch DSRV in Multi-Station-Game? We tried it on every station, but noone had the ability to deploy DSRV.

-

Thanks for any help!
Best regards
Миниатюры
Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: Image1.jpg
Просмотров: 814
Размер:	76.0 Кб
ID:	8915   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: Image2.jpg
Просмотров: 795
Размер:	83.0 Кб
ID:	8916  
Вложения
Тип файла: 7z CAM_1_SeeBarents.7z (3.9 Кб, 557 просмотров)
Panzermensch вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 20-01-2011, 18:40   #1376
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
Сообщение от Panzermensch Посмотреть сообщение
Hi there!

I have some questions and inquiries.

-

1)I detected something very strange and can't find any solution for this problem/bug:

As you can see in the screenshots the neutrals always get attacked by the Kirov. I have seen this in many missions since RA v1.3.

Sometimes the Kirov launchs just a single missle, which often misses the target, and then stop engaging for the rest of the mission.

ROE: All sides at Peace Time
Alliances: Sides 0,1, 3 -and- Sides 2, 3

(Mission is attached)

-

2) Is it possible that you cant launch DSRV in Multi-Station-Game? We tried it on every station, but noone had the ability to deploy DSRV.

-

Thanks for any help!
Best regards
Read Post #1327.

Rather DSRV:

1. DSRV is sensitive to options " Weapon Quick Launch " and " AirCraft Quick Launch "
If the flags are not established, the time can be long.

2. Also - if DSRV it is supposed to use, it is necessary that the submarine was without " the player can choose a submarine "

3. It is possible that in multigame, the developers at all have not provided start DSRV.

4. SS-N-19 Shipwreck - can not be Kirov's SAM

Time Options For DSRV In Single Game:
Вложения
Тип файла: rar DSRV_Time_Option.rar (3.3 Кб, 562 просмотров)

Последний раз редактировалось CrazyIvan; 20-01-2011 в 19:12.
CrazyIvan вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 20-01-2011, 19:36   #1377
Panzermensch
Corporal

Thanks for quick reply!

Цитата:
Сообщение от CrazyIvan Посмотреть сообщение
Rather DSRV:

1. DSRV is sensitive to options " Weapon Quick Launch " and " AirCraft Quick Launch "
If the flags are not established, the time can be long.

2. Also - if DSRV it is supposed to use, it is necessary that the submarine was without " the player can choose a submarine "

3. It is possible that in multigame, the developers at all have not provided start DSRV.
Thank you for these information! That helped alot for singleplayer!
But I fear it is developers' fault not to use DSRV in Multistation Play

Цитата:
Read Post #1327.
Ok, I'll try that; but I did not understand correctly what it changes. Does this remove the bug that all my russian Ships attacking neutral Aircrafts?

EDIT: YES! THAT WORKED! Great! Thanks!

Цитата:
4. SS-N-19 Shipwreck - can not be Kirov's SAM
Aye, Kirov carries SSN19 Shipwreck SSM (not SAM, right )!

Последний раз редактировалось Panzermensch; 20-01-2011 в 20:12.
Panzermensch вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 21-01-2011, 10:26   #1378
sertore
Sergeant

Exclamation Bugs report

Betasom weekly multiplayer results: mission attached _test_final.mu

We tested the multistation mode and here is the report for few strange behaviors:
  • on BOREY is not possible assign all stations: seems a *null station remains ever unassigned and it is impossible to play multiplayer session. dbgview_ko_borey.log in the debug attached file
  • the game CTD on HOST when the AI helo of DDG Udaloy player controlled, programmed to do a dipping sonar search at every waypoint and MAD search between them, reach the first waypoint: this happened twice, so it is definitely a permanent bug. We were on multistation on DDG (2 people) and one of them (me) was hosting the game: you can check the stations assignement looking the logs attached. Stack error in event viewer show an exception in dpnet.dll. dbgview_ctd_dpnet.log and event.txt are the logs for first CTD, dbgview_ctd_helo_wp1.log for the second one
  • on player DDG running on HOST it is possible set the automatic crew for all stations with not regards to multiplayer option settings (inside the stations, using the quick menu at bottom left or directly on NavMap with right click), instead the other DDG players are locked on multiplayer option settings
Thanks for possible help
Вложения
Тип файла: zip Debug.zip (237.1 Кб, 566 просмотров)

Последний раз редактировалось sertore; 25-01-2011 в 11:04.
Старый 22-01-2011, 05:04   #1379
Snipt
Leading Aircraftsman

Just had my first sub vs sub match in DW:RA, just can say it was a most thrilling experience. I noticed you guys have changed the 688i's active sonar to give more readable echos (right?), well same guy next mission he took sewolf an i was with kilo, i pinged him and heard the echo, but i didn see anything on my display . If you did changes to improve readability to 688 sonar can you plsplspls improve active sonar for all other submarines in some possible future patch?
I mean its just a big screwup that FFG can get a clear active sonar picture while submarines who should get 1000 times better can hardly be read...
Thx anyway guys and cheers
Старый 22-01-2011, 05:11   #1380
Snipt
Leading Aircraftsman

The CTDs on multistationplay are a known problem in DW sertore. If you check Sonalysts forum you will find a whole bunch of complaints about that subject, namely has to do with desync.
Cheers
Ответ