Старый 14-04-2011, 09:24   #1561
sertore
Sergeant

Цитата:
Сообщение от CrazyIvan Посмотреть сообщение
OK.

Update in progress.

If can then help me with the following:

It is necessary to know the periods of pulses on active intercept sonar.

Conditions such:

Two Subs in Scenario.

The first player works active sonar, the second player - listens on active intercept.

1-st player: To establish a scale active sonar to 5 kilometers.
To switch on continuous active ping.

2 player: to receive exact INTERVAL (Sec) value on own active intercept station.

And so for all scales active sonar - 5 km, 10 km, 20 km, 40 km, 50 km.

For each scale - 3 minutes the test period is given.

Scenario multiplay - is enclosed.
Results on DW direct connect (no tunnel):
5 Km - 2 secs
10 Km - 5 secs
20 Km - 12 secs (few time 11 secs)
40 Km - 24 secs (sometimes 25 secs)
50 Km - 31 secs
Lots of times I received the return ping twice (queer).
Time measured on age timer of active intercept station.

Последний раз редактировалось sertore; 14-04-2011 в 23:23.
sertore вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 15-04-2011, 01:44   #1562
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
Сообщение от sertore Посмотреть сообщение
Results on DW direct connect (no tunnel):
5 Km - 2 secs
10 Km - 5 secs
20 Km - 12 secs (few time 11 secs)
40 Km - 24 secs (sometimes 25 secs)
50 Km - 31 secs
Lots of times I received the return ping twice (queer).
Time measured on age timer of active intercept station.

Thanks.

It was the valuable information.

I take for a basis these data, and I introduce them in game.

Once again thanks for support.
CrazyIvan вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 15-04-2011, 01:48   #1563
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
Сообщение от dd149 Посмотреть сообщение
One question from France, it seems that a torpedo (USET 80 or ADCAP) running at 40 kts is not vivisble on broadband even at very short distance from the sub (100m), this looks strange?

Agree - is looks strange.

But try to launch USET-80 from a AKULAs, and to see on sonar - unless she is not seen in 100 meters - after departure from a submarine??

PS: If the quick missions are used - that can be ranges of detection - are critically reduced.
Старый 15-04-2011, 09:58   #1564
dd149
Sergeant

Database/grphic issue

Sizes of aircraft carriers don't seem to match for Charles De Gaulle
Chars De Gaulle 261m
Nimitz 330m
Kuznetsov 305m

but CDG looks much smaller in game, is there a way to sort this out?
dd149 вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 15-04-2011, 14:01   #1565
dd149
Sergeant

Цитата:
Agree - is looks strange.

But try to launch USET-80 from a AKULAs, and to see on sonar - unless she is not seen in 100 meters - after departure from a submarine??

PS: If the quick missions are used - that can be ranges of detection - are critically reduced.
happens in multi or solo sur a self designed mission.

One can hear and see the torpedoes running @ 50kts, but once the speed is reduced to 40 kts, whether it is USET, ADCAP or UGST nothing appears even just after launch maybe at 20 m not even a faint trace.

Has been tested on Akula, 688.
Старый 15-04-2011, 17:33   #1566
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
happens in multi or solo sur a self designed mission.

One can hear and see the torpedoes running @ 50kts, but once the speed is reduced to 40 kts, whether it is USET, ADCAP or UGST nothing appears even just after launch maybe at 20 m not even a faint trace.

Has been tested on Akula, 688.

The signal disappears only with BB Sonar.

On NB it continues to show frequencies.
Старый 15-04-2011, 18:34   #1567
dd149
Sergeant

Цитата:
The signal disappears only with BB Sonar.

On NB it continues to show frequencies.
Does it mean that radiated noise attenuation due to speed reduction is modelled for torpedoes? If so isnt it a bit too strong? If one consider that sound is more or less related to the power developped by the engine, ratio should be (40/50) exp 3 i.e. 0,51 still not exactly silence?
Старый 16-04-2011, 11:20   #1568
dd149
Sergeant

It would still be nice in our opinion to keep broadband sensitivity higher in that case, it seems that it was the case in stock DW. Do you think that it could be possible to do something? If torpedoes are active, they will be caught by active intercept, but a torpedo running at 40kts in passive mode should still somehow show on the broadband don't you think?
Старый 16-04-2011, 21:00   #1569
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
It would still be nice in our opinion to keep broadband sensitivity higher in that case, it seems that it was the case in stock DW. Do you think that it could be possible to do something? If torpedoes are active, they will be caught by active intercept, but a torpedo running at 40kts in passive mode should still somehow show on the broadband don't you think?

I so do not think.

There is a reason to launch a torpedo in small speed.

It will give large covertly for it.

And primary sensor control for its detection - NB Sonar.
Старый 16-04-2011, 21:17   #1570
dd149
Sergeant

Цитата:
I so do not think.

There is a reason to launch a torpedo in small speed.

It will give large covertly for it.

And primary sensor control for its detection - NB Sonar.
I got your point but is 40kts a slow speed? The conctatct should fade in the Broadand, but to disappear so suddenly is strange, I will try to ask opinion by some people with actual experience...
Старый 17-04-2011, 23:20   #1571
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Just as any other contact will disappear which sharply will change speed and will lower own noise.

The surface ship - goes on 20 kts (having cavitation) - is well seen on BB sonar.
But will lower speed speed up to 4-5 Kts (without cavitation), and the noise will not be more on BB sonar.
Старый 17-04-2011, 23:52   #1572
dd149
Sergeant

Цитата:
Just as any other contact will disappear which sharply will change speed and will lower own noise.

The surface ship - goes on 20 kts (having cavitation) - is well seen on BB sonar.
But will lower speed speed up to 4-5 Kts (without cavitation), and the noise will not be more on BB sonar.
100% Ok , our remark was just that maybe the disappearance for torpedo should be at lower speed, maybe 20-25 kts? What do you think? 40 kts does not seem to be a very "quiet" speed setting. I don't know how easy it is to change that behavior.
Старый 18-04-2011, 09:21   #1573
sertore
Sergeant

Цитата:
100% Ok , our remark was just that maybe the disappearance for torpedo should be at lower speed, maybe 20-25 kts? What do you think? 40 kts does not seem to be a very "quiet" speed setting. I don't know how easy it is to change that behavior.
Let me say that 40 knts for an hydrodynamic fuselage like the torpedo one is not a really noise speed, and electric engines are not so noisy: however I tested Blackshark and UGST, I was able to see faint lines on NB at more than 10 nm on TA but nothing on BB even at 2 nm.
Therefore I stick the feelings of DD149 and MS people: a little more trace on BB for torpedo at near distances (I mean at least until 5 nm) could be more realistic, but it is absolutely not a critical issue.
Старый 18-04-2011, 10:06   #1574
dd149
Sergeant

Цитата:
Сообщение от sertore Посмотреть сообщение
Let me say that 40 knts for an hydrodynamic fuselage like the torpedo one is not a really noise speed, and electric engines are not so noisy: however I tested Blackshark and UGST, I was able to see faint lines on NB at more than 10 nm on TA but nothing on BB even at 2 nm.
Therefore I stick the feelings of DD149 and MS people: a little more trace on BB for torpedo at near distances (I mean at least until 5 nm) could be more realistic, but it is absolutely not a critical issue.
Right, it is not an absolutley critical issue, and we do not know how easy it is to fix it. We leave the final decison to RA team.
Старый 24-04-2011, 22:40   #1575
Snipt
Leading Aircraftsman

Red face

Okay, got my troubles fixed now:
The sound trouble was due to a mistake i made during install, i think (hope) the torpedo doctrines error resulted from the same mistake. I unpacked all zip folders of the first installation package into one folder, in fact all i needed to do was unzip the first zip file only, then copy the contents to DW directory.

My apologies

Oh, btw. i managed to make this Mod jsgme switchable too:

When having a clean DW 1.04 installation copy the complete DW directory within the Sonalysts folder, apply the Mod and all updates to the copied DW, then create a Folder called "Mods" in your original DW directory (usually jsgme will do this during installation actually) and inside the "Mods" folder create another folder "RA Mod" (for example), now open the first RA installation so you can see what files were modified and copy the said files and folders from the copied DW into the .../originalDW/Mods/RA Mod/... folder preserving the given directory structure present in the copied DW.
So that for example /Copy of DangerousWaters/database/... in the copied folder becomes /DangerousWaters/Mods/RA Mod/database in the Mods folder. Soon as you start jsgme you can switch on and off RA Mod now.

Ya, i know you knew all of this all along... just thought i mention
Старый 28-04-2011, 20:16   #1576
Snipt
Leading Aircraftsman

Hey,
assuming this mod is not "dead" yet i want to bring your sense to this addon solely based on the Dangerous Waters Engine: https://actuv.darpa.mil/

This is a standalone mini DW featuring some types of UNVs for surveillance. It's intended purpose is to gather players that would add to the tactical statistics in the development of this UNV.

My question since this seems to be an existing or soon to become existing device however would be if you could include the models and interfaces from this simulator into a possible future patch of DWX/RA-Mod, so it would become available in Dangerous Waters as well.

Also there are some new types of civilian/navy ships in there, not playable ofc but they are eyecandy for sure.

Cheers
Старый 28-04-2011, 22:06   #1577
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
Сообщение от Snipt Посмотреть сообщение
Hey,
assuming this mod is not "dead" yet i want to bring your sense to this addon solely based on the Dangerous Waters Engine: https://actuv.darpa.mil/

This is a standalone mini DW featuring some types of UNVs for surveillance. It's intended purpose is to gather players that would add to the tactical statistics in the development of this UNV.

My question since this seems to be an existing or soon to become existing device however would be if you could include the models and interfaces from this simulator into a possible future patch of DWX/RA-Mod, so it would become available in Dangerous Waters as well.

Also there are some new types of civilian/navy ships in there, not playable ofc but they are eyecandy for sure.

Cheers

It was already made.

However, in DARPA the weapon is blocked, ACTUV hunts behind a submarine as a for duck.

in -RA-, the traced submarine will interrupt tracking from ACTUV - to shot a torpedo.

And though, the doctrine for AI ACTUV of behaviour is made maximum advanced (in -RA-), all the same, life ACTUV in mission, can be too short.

Guys from SCS fool brains in DARPA - as there weapon is not used.

However in -RA- addition, this false invoice of game DARPA will be shown.

PS: DARPA - complete nonsense.

Any captain on a controllable submarine - at once will drown anyone ACTUV.

But DARPA - this is hunt for Ducks, LAME Duck. :-)
Старый 29-04-2011, 09:15   #1578
sertore
Sergeant

Цитата:
It was already made.

However, in DARPA the weapon is blocked, ACTUV hunts behind a submarine as a for duck.

in -RA-, the traced submarine will interrupt tracking from ACTUV - to shot a torpedo.

And though, the doctrine for AI ACTUV of behaviour is made maximum advanced (in -RA-), all the same, life ACTUV in mission, can be too short.

Guys from SCS fool brains in DARPA - as there weapon is not used.

However in -RA- addition, this false invoice of game DARPA will be shown.

PS: DARPA - complete nonsense.

Any captain on a controllable submarine - at once will drown anyone ACTUV.

But DARPA - this is hunt for Ducks, LAME Duck. :-)
Great: eager to see the new patch with so much improvements and enhancements! Thanks
Старый 30-04-2011, 17:14   #1579
dd149
Sergeant

Issues report

Two issues to report:

1) SM1 from ffg are no more detecting vessels, they seem to pass through them...

2) The new Adcap doctrine seems to imply that after a shot torpedo first goes up to a certain depth (ca. 200 ft) and only goes back toe preset depth after activation (enable) and if back to pre-enable goes back to ca. 200 ft. It makes it difficult to steer a torpedo under the layer to keep it stealthy and only let it go above layer upon activation. Is it normal or is it a bug in your opinion?

Thanks for the development and can't wait to see next patch!

Последний раз редактировалось dd149; 30-04-2011 в 18:33.
Старый 30-04-2011, 20:10   #1580
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Exclamation

New Update Accesible.

Check First Post.

Ответ