Red Rodgers  

Вернуться   Red Rodgers > Запасная полоса > S.C.S. Dangerous Waters

Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 01-05-2016, 06:54   #1
Castout
Senior Aircraftsman

Are these bugs? (RA 1.40)

I played a Kilo mission and expended all my torps but two which were still on the main racks. However, I wasn't able to reload those TEST-71M Torpedoes while 2 were clearly still on the main racks.

Secondly, I was able to make 11 knots at 20m without cavitation. When I reloaded the game, my Kilo was cavitating at 0-5 knots at periscope depth!!!
I didn't get notification that I was cavitating but the 3D view clearly indicated that I was.

Please tell me these aren't bugs. If they are, can a patch be expected?
I love the RA mod for DW. Thank you!

Последний раз редактировалось Castout; 01-05-2016 в 06:56. Причина: Adding RA version to make it clear
Castout вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 01-05-2016, 23:57   #2
dasOoops
DW & Il2 player

Confirm. I am see this bug (?) with TEST-71M in main racks. In version 1.39 or early...

Последний раз редактировалось dasOoops; 02-05-2016 в 22:45. Причина: Not later, but early...
dasOoops вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 02-05-2016, 02:52   #3
Castout
Senior Aircraftsman

Thank you Ooops!
Старый 03-05-2016, 02:12   #4
Jaf
БЧ-2

Цитата:
Сообщение от Castout Посмотреть сообщение
I played a Kilo mission and expended all my torps but two which were still on the main racks. However, I wasn't able to reload those TEST-71M Torpedoes while 2 were clearly still on the main racks.
This is not RA bug.
RTFM SCS-DangerousWatersUserManual.pdf Section 3: Main Menu 3-10:
"In the Kilo, only tubes 5 and 6 allow for wire-guided weapons or the UUV. These tubes have separate racks (#5 & #6 rack) to accommodate wire-guided items."
Do not load wire-guided TEST-71M Torpedoes in main racks.

Цитата:
Secondly, I was able to make 11 knots at 20m without cavitation. When I reloaded the game, my Kilo was cavitating at 0-5 knots at periscope depth!!!
I didn't get notification that I was cavitating but the 3D view clearly indicated that I was.
At depths ranging from 0 to 21 meters Kilo can`t moving faster then 9 knots even if another speed set at telegraph.
If you set speed 0..9 by mouse clicking - cavitation not occure.
If you set speed by telegraph or by pressing 7,8,9,0 - engine start hard work and cavitation starts as if the boat is moving at high speed but real speed will not exceed 9 knots.
Jaf вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 03-05-2016, 10:35   #5
Castout
Senior Aircraftsman

Цитата:
Сообщение от Jaf Посмотреть сообщение
This is not RA bug.
RTFM SCS-DangerousWatersUserManual.pdf Section 3: Main Menu 3-10:
"In the Kilo, only tubes 5 and 6 allow for wire-guided weapons or the UUV. These tubes have separate racks (#5 & #6 rack) to accommodate wire-guided items."
Do not load wire-guided TEST-71M Torpedoes in main racks.

At depths ranging from 0 to 21 meters Kilo can`t moving faster then 9 knots even if another speed set at telegraph.
If you set speed 0..9 by mouse clicking - cavitation not occure.
If you set speed by telegraph or by pressing 7,8,9,0 - engine start hard work and cavitation starts as if the boat is moving at high speed but real speed will not exceed 9 knots.
Thank you Jaf for your explanation

As for the cavitation I did use my mouse to change speed and it was still cavitating at 0 knots (full engine stop). Hasn't encountered it again though.

And I did not cavitate moving at 11 knots at 20 m. It surprised me too but when I reloaded the saved file, I was cavitating at 0 to 5 knots at periscope depth.

There's also an issue with playable Udaloy. I can't play it in Win 10 with the custom dll as it would crash the game. Other platforms play okay just the Udaloy. I have tried re-downloading and reinstalling but all to the same effect.

The game could use a better Virginia 3D model as well. Makes sinking/playing it all more glorious. At the moment the 3D model is kind of sad.

There are a ton of new surface and sub-surface vessels being commissioned lately. Is there a chance we will ever see these in RA?

Great mod as it is. Too bad there's no successor to DW to be expected. How I wished an independent dev would take the mantle and give us a new contemporary sub/warship sim.
Старый 03-05-2016, 10:47   #6
Castout
Senior Aircraftsman

Here it is. Just extract the file and put it in the scenario folder.

The playable Kilo is cavitating at 5 knots at periscope depth.
Вложения
Тип файла: 7z SAVE.7z (1.98 Мб, 936 просмотров)
Старый 03-05-2016, 12:36   #7
Jaf
БЧ-2

Цитата:
As for the cavitation I did use my mouse to change speed and it was still cavitating at 0 knots (full engine stop). Hasn't encountered it again though.
It is unclear how this situation occurred, I could not get it.
In this situation, the boat is not cavitating, although bubbles are drawn. It is enough to give a full forward (a message about the cavitation appears), and then slow down (cavitation cease and bubbles disappear).

Цитата:
There's also an issue with playable Udaloy. I can't play it in Win 10 with the custom dll as it would crash the game.
What is the custom dll - d3d8.dll, right?
Attach win10 ERROR message.

Цитата:
The game could use a better Virginia 3D model as well. There are a ton of new surface and sub-surface vessels being commissioned lately. Is there a chance we will ever see these in RA?
I have a great desire to add new 3D models into the game, but unfortunately still can not manage to make time for it.
Therefore, there is a chance, but deadlines are unclear.
If only someone else will undertake to implement it.
Старый 03-05-2016, 13:29   #8
Castout
Senior Aircraftsman

Ah I see, so there's actually no cavitation at all although there are bubbles drawn.

I tried going full stop but the bubbles were still there will try your suggestion. At least it's not really cavitating only the 3D suggests so.

As for the Virginia 3D model, I would only ask for that. The others in US inventory are already pretty acceptable.

I will hold your word to it .

Thanks for testing the scenario and for your explanation.

As for the dll yes it's the custom dll the second newer version for Win 10.
Sometimes it causes the game to crash to desktop when you load a new playable platform but that would only happen once and afterward the playable would play fine 100% of the time but for the Udaloy the crash doesn't get to desktop so you're forced to reboot the PC and trying to play it would cause the same crash again. Something is 'stuck' while loading and cannot get 'unpacked' it seems.

But it's alright it's just the Udaloy although she's a big beautiful ship.
Старый 06-05-2016, 20:41   #9
Jaf
БЧ-2

Цитата:
I wasn't able to reload those TEST-71M Torpedoes while 2 were clearly still on the main racks.
This will be corrected in RA v1.41 (see pic.)
Миниатюры
Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: loadout.jpg
Просмотров: 1078
Размер:	136.5 Кб
ID:	10799  
Старый 09-05-2016, 03:34   #10
Castout
Senior Aircraftsman

Цитата:
This will be corrected in RA v1.41 (see pic.)
So there will be 1.41.

Thank you! Awesome news!

Edit:
More bug squashing, if any found, would be best. I think the 3D view that depicts cavitation when none actually occurs is worth investigating.
Jaf, a new Virginia model?

The Russian subs are super awesome looking. The U.S. subs are not so much but the Virginia is the worst by far. The Ohio could use a a new model too.

Then I will be as happy as a clam

Последний раз редактировалось Castout; 09-05-2016 в 13:06.
Старый 11-05-2016, 10:04   #11
USA~Driver
Corporal

Цитата:
This will be corrected in RA v1.41

Thanks guys!
USA~Driver вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Ответ