Red Rodgers  

Вернуться   Red Rodgers > Запасная полоса > S.C.S. Dangerous Waters

Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 05-05-2018, 04:34   #2841
seadog0514
seadog

thx for quick reply.

I notice that when MG-74 was hit by a torpeto, you will not receive wire-broken message, I am not sure player still can control it or not. only when you close the muzzle door, the wire-broken message will be received.
maybe this is what you said "control the cord by torpedo".

one more thing:
no matter what speed you set before launch(in my case 1 or 2 kts), before enable, the minial speed of UUV is 3kts, which make it very noisy, not just easy to be detected, also an easy target for WAA. this really limint it's tactical use.(of course in practice, I always set uuv speed 1kts and once launched I will enable it imediately to avoid the backfire. with 1kts, it's maneuverability is very poor, you need to calculate sub's heading just before launching uuv)
but I really can't figure out following:
the uuv is running on battery and very noisy, is it reasonable? and also UUV has no narrow band noise profile.
seadog0514 вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 05-05-2018, 18:09   #2842
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

UUV is not loud.
Such a noise profile has:

0 kts -55
1 - 60
2 - 60
3 - 61
4 - 62
5 - 62
6 - 63
7 - 63
8 - 63
9 - 63
10 - 64
11 - 64
12 - 64
13 - 66
14 - 67
15 - 70

The frequency profile is absent - because the type of MINE for UUV (preventing TIW msg).
Also, the frequency profiles will not be of the BIO type (whale Shrimp etc) and the Oil-Rig type (since the LAND class)
Старый 06-05-2018, 09:16   #2843
seadog0514
seadog

Smile

Цитата:
Сообщение от CrazyIvan Посмотреть сообщение
UUV is not loud.
Such a noise profile has:

0 kts -55
1 - 60
2 - 60
3 - 61
4 - 62
5 - 62
6 - 63
7 - 63
8 - 63
9 - 63
10 - 64
11 - 64
12 - 64
13 - 66
14 - 67
15 - 70

The frequency profile is absent - because the type of MINE for UUV (preventing TIW msg).
Also, the frequency profiles will not be of the BIO type (whale Shrimp etc) and the Oil-Rig type (since the LAND class)
today I tested again, found out that, it's not that uuv is very noise, it's Virginia-class's ball sonar is very good.
Старый 08-05-2018, 04:53   #2844
seadog0514
seadog

suggestion

during mission design, there is a EMCON option for surface ship. if this option is ticked, the ship will activate radar and sonar all the time. however for battle ship, this will cause a big problem, since AI-warship will keep "ping" no matter what speed it's runing at, which will give out it's bearing at long distance and bring zero benifit to itself.
is it possible to tell the AI-warship to stop "ping" when it's speed too high, and resume "ping" after slow down. (for example 8 kts ?).
in summary, to make AI-warship to use active sonar properly.
Старый 09-05-2018, 20:58   #2845
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

This can be done in doctrine, but this will work with an error.
Since - in the doctrine, it is impossible to determine the parameter EMCON - it was ON initially at the start of the mission or OFF.

Suppose EMCON is OFF. When the ship is at high speed, in the doctrine we turn OFF the active sonar. When the ship slows down - then turn it ON.
But initially - the ship was in the status of inactive EMCON. And we will translate this status into active EMCON. This is the bug.
The ship, instead of remaining secretive, will issue its location with active pings.
Старый 09-05-2018, 22:17   #2846
pepe
Corporal

Is it possible to active/deactive EMCON via script in mission editor (making new script type)?

It would be better solution than messing with speed
pepe вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 09-05-2018, 23:36   #2847
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Through the script - most likely impossible. Since the flag of the EMСON command is loaded only at the start of the scenario, and during the simulation, the game engine no longer refers to this section of the code.

But in addition - EMCON status implies the inclusion of Active sonar and RADARs.
In this case - we require ONLY the ACTIVE SONAR.

This option can be implemented only if the doctrine can receive the EMCON flag - it is ON at the mission start or OFF.