Red Rodgers  

Вернуться   Red Rodgers > Запасная полоса > S.C.S. Dangerous Waters

Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 24-09-2009, 04:15   #261
Fearless
Senior Aircraftsman

Thanks Goldorak, that means I could use JSGME and install it via that than when new patches come out can do the same.
Старый 24-09-2009, 04:22   #262
goldorak
Sergeant

Цитата:
Сообщение от Fearless Посмотреть сообщение
Thanks Goldorak, that means I could use JSGME and install it via that than when new patches come out can do the same.
If you have jsgme, then before installing the patch, disable the DWX/RA mod.
Then if you installed the mod in the folder Dangerous waters\MOD\RA (for instance) you'll have to unzip the patch in this folder and NOT in the dangerous waters folder.

The procedure I told you in the previous post was only for a standard DWX/RA installation. No jsgme whatsoever.
goldorak вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 24-09-2009, 19:29   #263
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
Сообщение от Гена Посмотреть сообщение
CrazyIvan
Can you make the same (such as the "Gepard") displays on AKULAS/OSCARS II? Please! From the arguments I have that SONAR systems in these projects are exactly of the same type . The fact that the modernization Gepard was to say the least not according to plan, it is doubtful that there is a modified SONAR system. And even if so, then the rest of the subs, though not all, but are also being upgraded. Round narrowband display is nonsence. The spectral representation usually looks like the axis of time-frequency axis or amplitude axis - the axis of frequencies (Gepard style). As one can guess before display and digital media was created, plotters were used to capture the spectrum. So I have no idea why did Sonalysts made so irritative and odd round displays. I also can not imagine the hardware sample of that awful samples of the spectrum, which rotate in a circle, something unreal. Comparison of the spectral components at the normal display a much more plausible. All I have to ensure that Sonalists showed our boats as something unusual (as usually happens when western talks about soviet "ugly" electronics) and they've got it unfortunately. But you did great job and correct this crying injustice in case of Gepard. Maybe it is possible to fix others AKULAS/OSCARS II?
PS: A HUGE "thank you" for your work!

I have some info about torpedo tubes reload times.
In case of OSCAR replacing of the ammunition in the torpedo tubes takes 5 minutes (© "Udarnaya sila flota" / A. Pavlov. - Yakutsk: Sahapoligrafizdat, 2001 .- 48 pp.). That is 5 minutes for reloading 4 533 mm and 2 650-mm torpedoes. I do not know about remaining projects, I think red 3rd generation subs reload times are similar. Also read in the web about 636, that it takes 15 seconds to reload one torpedo tube.

Sorru for my not perfect english
Sonalysts has made it so - because this game. Simply Game.
CrazyIvan вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 24-09-2009, 19:32   #264
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
Сообщение от sertore Посмотреть сообщение
Yes, yes, CrazyIvan... now Akula and Oscar II work fine for me too!

Just 212, Collins and Haruscio still in trouble as you know...
Problem Torpedo Tubes Damage with 212 and other - solved at 90%.
this is hard part...

Be completed at some next days.
Старый 24-09-2009, 19:44   #265
goldorak
Sergeant

Question

Hi,

Many people have noted that the Alfa in DWX has an operating depth of 450 m. In real life the Alfa had a titanium hull that enabled this sub to go to great depths, I think much much more than 450 m.
Can you guys consider the possibility of increasing the operating depth to something greater than 650m ?
Старый 24-09-2009, 21:05   #266
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
Сообщение от goldorak Посмотреть сообщение
Hi,

Many people have noted that the Alfa in DWX has an operating depth of 450 m. In real life the Alfa had a titanium hull that enabled this sub to go to great depths, I think much much more than 450 m.
Can you guys consider the possibility of increasing the operating depth to something greater than 650m ?
Alfa - Max depth about 500 meters.
It is an easy Sub, actually hull not thick.
Старый 24-09-2009, 21:33   #267
cayman
Corporal

To RA team: Question about SSK's Passive Sonar SL

Notice that all SSK subs in RA, their "Passive Sonar SL" either 50 or 49, one of the best SSK like Type212 have 49, but the old Romeo class have 50, too little difference, don't you think? in the Game, even with Virginia or Seawolf, within close range around 5nm, it is still hard to detect any SSK. at least it's not authentic in the real world.
or may be you do that for a balance game purpose?
cayman вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 24-09-2009, 21:44   #268
goldorak
Sergeant

Modern SSKs (of the air independent propulsion class) are deadly quiet.
Real life exercises between us navy and european subs (swedish gotland class subs for instance) have confirmed this.
So its no wonder that even the Seawolf has difficulty finding one when going slow or still.
Старый 24-09-2009, 22:32   #269
Гена
Senior Aircraftsman

First of all thanks for your answer (it seems that you prefer english language).
Цитата:
Сообщение от CrazyIvan Посмотреть сообщение
Sonalysts has made it so - because this game. Simply Game.
Well, but you try to make it more real, do you? And you made Gepard's displays much better. That's why i asked you to make others also.
Гена вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 25-09-2009, 00:01   #270
goldorak
Sergeant

Цитата:
First of all thanks for your answer (it seems that you prefer english language).

Well, but you try to make it more real, do you? And you made Gepard's displays much better. That's why i asked you to make others also.
Maybe there is a limit with the interfaces we are not aware off.
Maybe the modders wanted to keep diversity with the different russian units.
Really, be glad that Lada and Akula II improved have waterfall displays.
As a russian player you can choose between the good ol' ssaz vs waterfall.
Nato units don't have that choice.
Старый 25-09-2009, 00:02   #271
sertore
Sergeant

Alfa

Hi, just last comment about request already done by goldorak and rejected by you.

Yes, alfa is a simple sub, but its characteristics include max.depth more than 800m: in our player group we always used this sub with yo-yo tactic to avoid mk48 hunting, just how should happen in real life.

Please consider real features (please check janes or wikipedia, but is is a russian submarine, and you surely know it better than anyone): we feel that a max.depth more than max.dept for an mk48 should be fine, maybe more than 650m like goldorak already suggested.

As already wrote, this is our last comment about this matter, then your decision will be accepted without any other note.

Thanks for support and continue with your super job!
sertore вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 25-09-2009, 01:01   #272
Гена
Senior Aircraftsman

Цитата:
Maybe there is a limit with the interfaces we are not aware off.
But there is no need to add new one. Just to make others same as A-II Improved.
Цитата:
Maybe the modders wanted to keep diversity with the different russian units.
Bad idea due to identity of SONAR systems mounted on AKULAs/OSCARs.
Цитата:
Really, be glad that Lada and Akula II improved have waterfall displays.
Well be sure i am. I can say again HUGE "thank you" to Crazy Ivan and his team (and to testers including you) not only for displays but for entire thing.
Цитата:
As a russian player you can choose between the good ol' ssaz vs waterfall.
Nato units don't have that choice.
Nice joke man. NATO players must be happy to have the only good choice.

And finally about "maybe". Maybe so, maybe not, who knows? That's why i just want to know for sure (without "maybe") Ivan's position and opinion about that if possible. To calm down or to wait.

Thanks for your reply.

sertore

Several russian issues show that Alfa has crush depth 400-600 m and operational depth 300-450 m.
Titanium hull itself doesn't guarantee 800 m depth. Sierra has titanium hull but her crush depth is 600 m. Mike sub (built in 1984) with over 1000 m depth had not only titanium hull but moreover number of unique technical decisions such as main ballast tanks inside pressure hull, minimum number of holes/vents, abcense of torpedo loading hatch,etc. Lots of research were done many full/half scale compartments models were built for high pressure testing. And all these meres were done after first Alfa has been designed (built in 1971).

Последний раз редактировалось Гена; 25-09-2009 в 02:30.
Старый 25-09-2009, 04:23   #273
goldorak
Sergeant

Цитата:
Сообщение от CrazyIvan Посмотреть сообщение
Alfa - Max depth about 500 meters.
It is an easy Sub, actually hull not thick.
Цитата:
Several russian issues show that Alfa has crush depth 400-600 m and operational depth 300-450 m.
Titanium hull itself doesn't guarantee 800 m depth. Sierra has titanium hull but her crush depth is 600 m. Mike sub (built in 1984) with over 1000 m depth had not only titanium hull but moreover number of unique technical decisions such as main ballast tanks inside pressure hull, minimum number of holes/vents, abcense of torpedo loading hatch,etc. Lots of research were done many full/half scale compartments models were built for high pressure testing. And all these meres were done after first Alfa has been designed (built in 1971).
Yes I think I was mistaken.
I don't have access to russian pubblications (and even if I could I wouldn't understand them since I don't speak and read russian) but I have an english book called "Cold War Submarines" by Norman Polmar.
At page 281 he writes :

Цитата:

Design of Soviet Navy's third-generation nuclear torpedo-attack submarines (SSN) began at 1971 at TsKB Lazurit. Titanium was specified for the design, continuing the developments of a key technology of Projects 661/Papa and 705/Alfa. Beyond reducing submarine weight, titanium would provide a greater test depth in third generation SSns - 1970 feet (600m) - which would be coupled with other SSN advances, including improved quieting, weapons, and sensors.....
So you and CrazyIvan are both correct.
The mystery remains though, why are western publications such as jane's continuing to use the 800m test depth estimate for the Alfa ?
Its obviously wrong and many people continue to believe the Alfa has a 800m operating depth.
Старый 25-09-2009, 04:58   #274
Гена
Senior Aircraftsman

Well western publications can do even more serious mistakes (alongside with sonalysts) unfortunately. For example 6 outer 533-mm torpedo tubes which are nonexistent on real akulas (according photos and russian issues). I think you agree that 6 nonexistent extra 533-mm torpedo tubes is serious mistake.
Старый 25-09-2009, 05:18   #275
goldorak
Sergeant

Цитата:
Well western publications can do even more serious mistakes (alongside with sonalysts) unfortunately. For example 6 outer 533-mm torpedo tubes which are nonexistent on real akulas (according photos and russian issues). I think you agree that 6 nonexistent extra 533-mm torpedo tubes is serious mistake.

I didn't even know SCS got the Akula wrong.
Just how many errors like this are in DW ?
Ah and DW was supposed to be as real as it gets (for a simulation).
Старый 25-09-2009, 05:50   #276
Гена
Senior Aircraftsman

Hmm. For example 65-76 torpedo which SCS made as antisub weapon. Thanks CrazyIvan now we have real 65-76 as antisurface weapon only (as it was designed).

Цитата:
I didn't even know SCS got the Akula wrong.
If i'm not mistaken SCS said that extra tubes were added for gameplay purposes

Последний раз редактировалось Гена; 25-09-2009 в 06:15.
Старый 25-09-2009, 07:59   #277
cayman
Corporal

Цитата:
Modern SSKs (of the air independent propulsion class) are deadly quiet.
Real life exercises between us navy and european subs (swedish gotland class subs for instance) have confirmed this.
So its no wonder that even the Seawolf has difficulty finding one when going slow or still.
For AIP subs, they are deadly quiet. but the old diesel subs, they aren't. difference, that is the point
cayman вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 25-09-2009, 10:45   #278
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
Сообщение от cayman Посмотреть сообщение
For AIP subs, they are deadly quiet. but the old diesel subs, they aren't. difference, that is the point
At the completely stopped engines - any old diesel sub - silent.
There are no water pumps, of compressors and another - without what the nuclear sub can not normally function even at 0 knots.

50 points - are assumes the minimal noise on 0 knots. (however - any AI the diesel Sub is not capable in game to keep such speed - 0 knots. The features of physics, allow to establish AI to a electric engine the minimal speed only of 1 knots).

Further - the gain of noise will occur according to value increase noise written in options Thrusts - under the known formulas. (For old Subs - these value are much higher - for example – gain for 212 – 25 points, and gain for Foxtrot – 35 points an electric propulsion)

I poorly present that there are such subs which on are comparable on noise level with surface vessels. What sense then to build such Subs?

However we do not exclude an opportunity a little to increase noise level by old subs - but certainly in reasonable limits.
Старый 25-09-2009, 20:27   #279
falconsix
Leading Aircraftsman

I always ask me, whether the Los Angeles and Ohio Classes did support in game the "Natural Circulation" of the reactor cooling circuit at low Speed and did they are similar quiet like an Dieses sub?

And another question: is it possible to change the depht scale from the German Type 212 from Feet to Meters? Or is it limitated by the Interface?
falconsix вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 25-09-2009, 20:59   #280
Гена
Senior Aircraftsman

LA and OHIO can't be so quiet as SSK just because of they much bigger dimensions. And turbine still produce more noise than electric motor.
Ответ