Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 14-03-2010, 21:06   #669
Lau
Senior Aircraftsman

Цитата:
Сообщение от Jaf Посмотреть сообщение
Maybe I missed something?
Really these masts break at immersing in 1.04?
Or you surprised that the sub does not crush at 1000 feet, when the specified maximum operating depth is 984 feet?
Crush depth for all subs is less then max operating depth, is not constant and depends on the hull and the environment conditions.
I am only talking about max operation depth for masts, I tested other platforms and problem is the same you can operate masts at any depth which is not realistic

Hull has a depth limit and each mast has also a limit because mecanism can not resist the pressure. For example, after certain depth periscope lense will brake creating flooding. This was originally simulated in DW but not realistic because if for example in 688i, PD was 63 and you dive 64 mast brake.

I do not really know how much pressure periscope or other mast can resist, but I think it will be more realistic for example for Amethyste and Rubis class :

Periscope Depth : 53ft meaning idea of when periscope should be out of water(this is depth at which you can see, just indication for USNI ref as it can change according to sea state)

Periscope max operating depth : crush depth for periscope, could be 63ft or 73fr I do not know, but certainely not 600 or 1000ft

Then you can do similar rule for other mast and for other submarines.

Hope I was clear

Regards,

Lau
Lau вне форума   Ответить с цитированием