Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 22-03-2010, 23:14   #708
goldorak
Sergeant

Цитата:
Сообщение от Lau Посмотреть сообщение
@Goldorak

Less than 4 miles and Amethyste torp did not managed to sink UDALOY
At this distance UDALOY would have already counter detected Amethyste...
So here ends the fun of a great French submarine

Even if it is not realistic, may I suggest to load French Amethyste with Blackshark?

Rubis can stay with F17 mod 2 torp, this way French will have two very different sub to balance scenario.

I am just trying to play the french sub, but if it does not stand a chance I will certainly switch to other sub.

Thanks,

Lau

Lau you would need 2 torpedoes to effectively sink the Udaloy.
Hell not even one mk 48 adcap is sufficient.
2 heavyweight torpedoes are necessary. So 2 F17 mod 2 would be necessary.
Did you see that the F17 has wakehoming sensor ? Its much more effective againt AI surface vessels than simply using passive and or active guidance.

As for the Rubis and or Amethyste carrying Blackshark torpedoes.
Its too much of a strech. Modern french Scorpene (AIP subs) class subs and next generation nuclear powered subs will carry the Blackshark.
But the old Rubis or Amethyste no. Its silly to convert every sub to top of line sub when in reality its not like that. Even in the Mille-sabords french community, some players (that I suppose work aboard french subs daily) have said that in DW the F17 mod 2 is way way better than the real one.

The F17 mod 2 is pretty good, the only thing it lacks is a very big range.
But even at 40 knots it can kill most subs with 1 and damage substantially surface units. In this sense its in the same league as the DM2A4 and the Blackshark and Adcap.

goldorak вне форума   Ответить с цитированием