Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 18-09-2009, 23:12   #212
goldorak
Sergeant

Multiplayer bug report

Hi,

I've tested with another player named Sertore, RA units in normal multiplayer and multiplayer-multistation modes. Here's our findings :

In normal multiplayer there is no problem, each playable unit can be assigned and once in the game the player can access all the stations without problems. Yes even on the Virginia.

In multiplayer multistation mode things are a bit more complex.
The Virginia didn't have the firing station (but this bug is already corrected).
For the other playable units, if a unit has stations with the SAME NAME then conflicts arise. For instance in the subs (Lada, Seawolf, Virginia, Akula II improved, Collins, Type 212, etc..) all subs that have 2 periscopes stations (the normal one, and the laser finiding station) once you assign the stations to the players, if you go back to the assign station screen you'll find :

1 - that there are duplicate entries for periscopes (3 in this case, 2 assigned and one not assigned) as shown here :

or

2 - there are no duplicate entries but one of the periscope stations results unassigned. And if you try to enter the mission, there is an error message stating that conflicts have arisen between stations.

The Udaloy for instance has 2 firing stations, BUT it does not suffer from the conflict problem the subs have. Why ? Because we found out that the two firing stations are named differently (weaponstation1 and weaponstation2).
So in this case multistation works.

But for subs, the 2 periscopes stations are named the same, periscope and periscope thats I think the reason why we have these conflicts.
I suppose this bug can be resolved simply be giving 2 different names to the 2 periscope stations. Call them persicope1 and periscope2.
goldorak вне форума   Ответить с цитированием