Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 25-04-2017, 04:05   #2455
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
Сообщение от pepe Посмотреть сообщение
Wow, it looks incredible

Is it possible to add SS-N-21 Sampson to newest version of RA?
This missile is much more historically accurate for almost all playable russian/soviet SSN's than SS-N-27 Sizzler (especially supersonic version).
I think supersonic Sizzler should be available only for Akula III and LADA.
Even today SS-N-21 Sampson is main ASM for submarines, including Yasen/Severodvinsk class.

Sizzlers had end of testing around 2012 and this is weird to play early Akula (from 1984) with too powerfull weapon from "future" (30 years). This is very bad thing for balancing Cold War type scenarios.

In my opinion good solution is remove SS-N-27 from Akula, Akula I imp and maybe Akula II. I know most Akula players takes Akula III so for them all will be the same like before.
This is not only my opinion, many players are agree with me. I think SS-N-Sampson don't need new doctrine.

I hope You will think about it Crazy_Ivan. It would be great things for improving balance of "Late Cold War" scenarios.
Reference from a very old descriptions to the SCX-2C great addon for SubCommand. It is quite true now:
Now and Then

One of the things that I see some of you guys talk about on the Sub Command forum, is the current configuration of certain Subs or Ships etc. Things like,
… “this Sub has been upgraded to” …, or “this Ship doesn’t have this anymore” … etc., etc., etc.. Currently, with the addition of SCX II to Sub Command, the timeframe covered by the simulation, spans 30 odd years. For obvious reasons, one being playability … one cannot always make specific platforms current, and totally up to date, in terms of Sensors now utilised, or loadouts now being carried. What I’ve tried to do, with many of the new, and existing platforms, is to configure them, .. with whatever Sensors, and Loadouts etc., that they had, for the longest period … since their commissioning. Of course, there have been some exceptions to this.