Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 23-03-2010, 01:10   #711
goldorak
Sergeant

Цитата:
Сообщение от Lau Посмотреть сообщение
@Goldorak

I do get your point.

Just for info : F17mod 2 did not even reach the Udaloy as he started to run at about 30 kts, by the time they get at around 2 milles, torp has reached its max range and turns off.
In this case, correct attack position is paramount to actually scoring a kill.
The same problem afflicts subs (such as kilos for instance) that have torpedoes with small range. This is why using these kind of subs is very very challenging. You are very constrained in the geometry, something that subs with longer range torpedoes are oblivious to.

Цитата:
I am happy that your info from Mille Sabord says that F17 mod 2 are more efficient in the game than in reality I hope France will never get in to a war with these torps

Again many thanks for your reply.

Best regards,

Lau
Yeah I was suprised by the fact that a person in the know basically said how the real torpedoes were not up to the standard of those in DW.
In reality the F17 were originally designed against surface threats. Anyway Lau, since the database is open even if the Redrodger modders won't add new playables it is not inconceavable that some other modders would add a new generation playable french sub (with Blacksharks).
I myself would love to see the new british subs Vanguard and the Astute playable in DW.
goldorak вне форума   Ответить с цитированием