Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 18-06-2010, 15:51   #983
sertore
Sergeant

Arrow

Thanks for prompt reply.

About blinds of sonars we already supposed an explosion of something similar that did the washout the sensors: I am not able to reproduce the context to simulate the absence of sensitivity without any big sound before, but we will try to better report any further anomalous behaviour of this type.

About the mission I did a slightly change to let you able to see the enemy units (sorry for that, I miss you are not able to see anything with the original version of mission; please choose Akula II): I have to say that I tried to reproduce the extraordinary sensitivity of sonars in single player without success, but surely you can see the bad bug related to the mirror contact present on also conformal or spheric array on Akula II.
In any case you can check that the layer is not so hard like in the past (look at signature of Los Angeles, always present even if on surface and you are hundreds of feets under the layer).

I will try again, but I do not want that the change of sensitivity of sonars happens just during multiplayer games, when I am absolutely sure about the presence of queer sonars behaviour: maybe can you try the mission in multiplayer too?

Thanks for patient and continuos help.

EDIT: talking with Goldorak at Betasom, that participated to a multiplayer of our the last week, he confirmed me that was able to detect a Kilo at lower speed (<5knots) using the TA of a Seawolf from about 28nm; in the same game session I was able to detect an DE 212 (sailing no more than 15knots) using the conformal sonar of a Kilo Improved Klub from more than 20nm, and an IT 212 at 3knots at the same distance.
The issue seems to be finally related to the multiplayer environment and not reproducible in a single player mission.
Hope this help anyway to investigate about the problem.

EDIT2: Von Faust suggested a possible explanation of sonar washout: is it possible that the active ping of near sonobuoys can blind the sonar screens for few minutes? Unfortunately, about the improved sonar sensitivity, he confirmed that in single player everything works fine: again, seems that the issue is present in multiplayer session only.
Вложения
Тип файла: zip _deadly_training_crazy.zip (3.1 Кб, 722 просмотров)

Последний раз редактировалось sertore; 18-06-2010 в 17:12.
sertore вне форума   Ответить с цитированием