goldorak
Sergeant

Smile

Цитата:
Сообщение от MSNemo Посмотреть сообщение
Hi, goldorak it's nemo from MS-team.

How are you?

Sorry but i can not agree with this...
Each submarine goes in "IPER"...you really think that in 20 years we have not improved our submarines while he was in drydock..??

Obviously a Améthyste is not equal to a virginia or seawolf, but for the noise he was equal to an 688flt II.
Currently we are install the latest sonar suite on the Améthyste class for tracking the AIP submarine So I think we just consider that the capacity will be higher than that people think.

Hi Nemo,

I'm great thanks for asking.

I knew you would not agree with me. I should have been more precise then, the basic design is old. You can only enhance so much before you start reaching diminishing returns and have to design a whole new unit. No amount of modernisation can bring a Rubis to Virgina or Seawolf class status.
No matter how whishfull one is. If it were possibile then navies would just continue to improve on old designs. And thats not how it works.

On the other hand, having correct "values" for the Rubis in DW is a must. So if you have found that the values that are being used are totally incorrect then by all means give the modders the "more or less correct values". I'm sure they would be happy to comply with such a request.

For the weapons, it is what it is. The Rubis class will never ever have the Black Shark. And as someone on mille-sabords noted, the mod makes the F 17 torpedo in the game more deadly than its real counterpart.

Correcting the Rubis is a must, putting fantasy weapons on it is not.

So we are left with players wanting a french unit that carries the black shark (a heavyweight ASW/AsuW torpedo). Inserting in the game the Suffren class as cool as it would be, from a realistic point of view doesn't make a lot of sense since its not even being built. Its a concept, yes it will be the french navy next generation SSN. But not right now and not for several more years.

The only other french sub that carries the black shark and is operational is the Scorpene class. Now before Lau comes in and says that he doesn't want another Agosta class sub (but the game doesn't have Agosta class playable subs dear Lau), all modern diesel electric subs (Kilos excluded) in the game are modeled as nuclear subs. The reason being that its the only way to make them access the towed array. The only difference between real nuclear subs and fake nuclear subs in the game is the top speed. So for all pratical purposes, the Harushio, the Collins, the Type 212 are castrated nuclear subs. They have no battery penalty etc... And neither would a hypothetical Scorpene. The only limit it would have would be its top speed obviously.

I'd say that the Scorpene class makes much more sense in DW than the Barracuda class.

To finish, the Red October is a fantasy unit and you're correct on that point Lau. But the modders didn't just put the Red October, they also put real life like Typhoons for realistic missions. The Red October is present as an homage to a great film (that talks about submarines). Its like having Jules Verne's Nautilus in the game. Not realistic, but just fun to have. Last week Betasom designed a mission to relive the Hunt for the Red October. And what better place than to use the Red October model ? And a great mission it was.
goldorak вне форума   Ответить с цитированием