Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 28-06-2010, 09:48   #1013
sertore
Sergeant

Smile

Dear RA team, just finished some tests with MK48, and for another time seems to us that this torpedo is too many powerful than the other ones in the game.

I really do not know if the vertical cone in acquiring range is too high or if there is something else, but the launch of a MK48 means a target hit about 100% of time, without regards on CM and evasion tactics: they are so many good in acquiring the target that there is no way to successfully evade in the major part of the cases.

Other people is complain about that; let me report an interesting analysis found on subsim:

I have been looking at close-in (killing-zone) torpedo performance namely within 1.5nm of target.
Whether or not a mods blurb flags-up changes, often subtle tweaks occur, somewhere on the modding journey.

Under test, a 48 locked on to my sub and bit on my active cm, 300 yds from my sub, as I attempted to slip out of its 'cone.'
Spoofed it climbed to preset depth, levelled then performed a manic vertical rotation to dive verticaly on my sub.
(The cm was released and remained, at subs depth 700 ft, torp preset 100 ft. All action above layer.)

Four issues:-
1. Minimal delay from spoofing to reengagement'
2. Speed of rotation in vertical plane.
3. Exhibits a very large vertical cone.
4. Overall time/distance factor demonstrating 'hyper' sensitivity. (Climb then descend 600ft within 300yds appx.)

On the next Tuesday we will perform a final test in a multiplayer session to give you our last feelings about this issue.

Please consider our concerns for a possible change of MK48 settings, (or improve the settings of the other torpedos, especially the RU ones), to let the game more playable and balanced.

Thanks as usual for your good support.
sertore вне форума   Ответить с цитированием