Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 28-03-2010, 01:49   #764
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
Сообщение от goldorak Посмотреть сообщение
Yes I understand, the point remains though, what kind of performance can we expect from a passive sensor in an uvv (that has the same size of a torpedo) ?
It cannot have the same kind of performance of a towed array, I think you will agree with me on this dd149. I'm not against using a passive sensor in a UUV, I would just like for its performance to be "inferior" to that of the subs towed array and superior to that of a torpedo. It is a realistic expection don't you think ?

Let me give you an example :

Most torpedoes active or passive can't detect contact beyond 2-3 nm at most.
This should represent the inferior threshold for UUV active and passive sonar performance.

As it stands right now, passive uuv sensor in generic conditions (so no convergence zones etc...) has more or less the same capability of a towed array. This is WRONG. Even if we keep the passive sensor, it should have a performance less than that of a fully deployed towed array. And this means (and its my personal opinion) that its maximum range should be somewhere between 5 and 7 nm at most.

It is little wrong treatment - that the device " can not hear far ".
All depends on loudness of a signal - what his part reaches sensor.
Certainly from a silent submarine, the noise travels calming down. It similarly to whisper for the man with weak hearing. When he can not hear whisper on far distance.
However, if the steamroller gives the singing or thunder strike - I think that the man even with weak hearing can hear it on impressive distance.

At the end all is limited what part of a signal arrives to a sensor control - whether the sensor control is capable to take this value signal for a recognition. And the recognition is already dependence on good quality of a sensor control.

Goldorak, I sent you the letter where has specified provisional curves and noises threshold of a new passive sensor control UUV.
( We again collide with incorrect job of the formulas from guy's SCS. )
Check up the your e-mail.
CrazyIvan вне форума   Ответить с цитированием