Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 18-12-2008, 09:19   #46
suBB
Senior Aircraftsman

Цитата:
Сообщение от CrazyIvan Посмотреть сообщение
Variable platform issued in mission, random start position, any triggers of different events (random time triggered).

Actually you should have dynamic groups - and their random inclusion will give effect of unpredictability.
Hey CrazyIvan,

Sorry for late response, I needed to gather my thoughts 1st

Variable platforms:

I agree with you, but the thing about variable platforms, is, I think in a mission MP scenario, platforms should be assigned to commanders(players) to carry out a mission. I would imagine that is how it would be in a realistic situation. The commander is assigned to a pre-selected asset by higher ranking officials, both which are expendable should the mission fail. The only choice then, for the commander to make is if he / she accepts the mission or not. Even still, I think fixed platform assignment does contribute to randomness because not everyone handles the same platform the same way and everybody has different levels of core experience.

Here is a list of some other things I think can reduce predictability in a MP mission scenario. All of these can be done using the editor. You’ll need a ‘reasonable’ window of time the scenario can last. I currently make scenarios that can run up to 4.5 hours as mission objective MP scenarios.

A.. Core experience

Varying levels of player experience is definitely a contributing factor to randomness. People will control and operate their platform different from anyone else. I think RA will increase randomness that much more since we have new playables to learn and operate.

B.. Random time triggering(like you mentioned)

This can be used to generate random intelligence within the time window of the scenario. The time intelligence could be generated will be 0 – 4.5 hours, where 0 means you may never even get an intelligence update at all, yet and still, the player(s) still need to rely on core experience to carry on. In a mission scenario, a lot can happen(if it does) in less than 4.5 hours that can sway the tide of the session at any given moment in any direction.

C.. Random quality of intelligence

I’m testing this concept but what I have in mind is random location of a hard target or object, which would generate random quality of intelligence received. For example, you may receive intelligence to deploy missiles to a target or coordinates to pick up personnel, but the validity of the intelligence(actual location of objects) can create a dynamic environment under those conditions for opposing sides. Still I need to test this concept, but it has potential.

D.. Random spawn box for platforms

Definitely this is a requirement but subject to the scenario design. For mission I have in mind, RSB also needs to be outside detection ranges of opposing platforms, yet the scenario design needs to allow for transiting of at least one platform, the possibility of detection to occur, where opposing sides have a base chance of 50% of detecting each other. Base chance detection can be done, just need to be optimized for MP.

E.. Random departure / arrival times

To me it is not realistic to spawn aircraft out of mid air and have it searching the area immediately. So for that reason playable aircraft will depart from airbases inland. Using dynamic group can allow us to randomly place airbase and platforms anywhere we want, and when we randomize the departure, we then randomize the arrival times also. Plus, core experience of pilot will contribute to even more randomness. Even if using AI aircraft and waypoint assignment tied to random search, using (F+B) does equate to (E).

F.. Dynamic groups

To me it’s not realistic to spawn platforms or items (buoys, mines, etc ) out of thin air. So spawning platforms are combination of (D+E) and items like buoys and mines are subject to (E) depending on control of playables.

Another reason for dynamic groups is random spawn of playables in formation. You can’t randomly spawn playables in formation using RSB, so they have to be assigned to dynamic group and it will work. Example is a FFG with helos deployed and transiting while in formation. Since we can’t have human pilots deploy from human FFG in MP, we will have to spawn the helo along with the surface playable, using dynamic group allows us to do it randomly in location while units are in formation.

G.. Mission status left out

This prevents players from plotting around incomplete goals listed in mission status. Since mission status will be left out, players will have to rely on core experience and attention to detail to carry out mission tasking. This can be done by leaving the fields blank on the playable platforms. To announce mission outcome I use custom audios as global indication of mission result to both sides.

H.. Random accidents / damage systems

I learned this lesson from OKO where you can use triggering to simulate brief equipment failure or unexpected events on your platform that would need to be accommodated for, like reactor powerplant failure on a submarine and the consequences if negligence comes into play. Having to accommodate for immediate needs can contribute to a immediate change of direction of the session at any moment.

For now that’s all I can think of for the moment… off to a good start!!..
suBB вне форума   Ответить с цитированием