Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 23-05-2010, 13:13   #864
Lau
Senior Aircraftsman

Цитата:
Сообщение от goldorak Посмотреть сообщение
Hi Nemo,

I'm great thanks for asking.

I knew you would not agree with me. I should have been more precise then, the basic design is old. You can only enhance so much before you start reaching diminishing returns and have to design a whole new unit. No amount of modernisation can bring a Rubis to Virgina or Seawolf class status.
No matter how whishfull one is. If it were possibile then navies would just continue to improve on old designs. And thats not how it works.
Who said we want Rubis to become Seawolf or Virginia This is why we are asking for the type Suffren, which is something you asked to the moders some time ago, you did this because it makes sence with current platforms in game. + As CrazyIvan said we do not know when will be next release of RAmod and it does not cost anything, just time...

Цитата:
On the other hand, having correct "values" for the Rubis in DW is a must. So if you have found that the values that are being used are totally incorrect then by all means give the modders the "more or less correct values". I'm sure they would be happy to comply with such a request.
Values posted already by me and re-posted by Nemo

Цитата:
For the weapons, it is what it is. The Rubis class will never ever have the Black Shark. And as someone on mille-sabords noted, the mod makes the F 17 torpedo in the game more deadly than its real counterpart.

Correcting the Rubis is a must, putting fantasy weapons on it is not.
You are right, actually is both Rubis and Amethyste parameters that need correction as I already posted

Цитата:
So we are left with players wanting a french unit that carries the black shark (a heavyweight ASW/AsuW torpedo). Inserting in the game the Suffren class as cool as it would be, from a realistic point of view doesn't make a lot of sense since its not even being built. Its a concept, yes it will be the french navy next generation SSN. But not right now and not for several more years.
Yes you are right and this is mainly due to the fact that there are no more wars putting at risk France. Have an Akula or Seawolf slurking the French Mediterranean coast like it often happens in RAmod and you will see if the Suffren is not built in a week with blacksharks on it

You are talking about realism and I talk about realism + game play (we are not far away)

Цитата:
The only other french sub that carries the black shark and is operational is the Scorpene class. Now before Lau comes in and says that he doesn't want another Agosta class sub (but the game doesn't have Agosta class playable subs dear Lau)
Sorry Goldorak, but you missed my point, I am talking about the hull and not the engine. If I remember well you read and speak french, so be my guest and read :

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classe_Rubis

Цитата:
, all modern diesel electric subs (Kilos excluded) in the game are modeled as nuclear subs. The reason being that its the only way to make them access the towed array. The only difference between real nuclear subs and fake nuclear subs in the game is the top speed. So for all pratical purposes, the Harushio, the Collins, the Type 212 are castrated nuclear subs. They have no battery penalty etc... And neither would a hypothetical Scorpene. The only limit it would have would be its top speed obviously.
This I know and you are correct

Цитата:
I'd say that the Scorpene class makes much more sense in DW than the Barracuda class.
A french SSK will be nice, but will not fullfill our real needs with regards to modern warfare, on the other side Suffren will

Цитата:
To finish, the Red October is a fantasy unit and you're correct on that point Lau. But the modders didn't just put the Red October, they also put real life like Typhoons for realistic missions. The Red October is present as an homage to a great film (that talks about submarines). Its like having Jules Verne's Nautilus in the game. Not realistic, but just fun to have. Last week Betasom designed a mission to relive the Hunt for the Red October. And what better place than to use the Red October model ? And a great mission it was.
Ok, I love The Hunt for Red October and you are tuching an interesting point it is for the fun of the community and the modders, so will be the Suffren with Blacksharks or lets call them FTL (Future Torpille Lourde), which are milles beyond realism and a very close reality in wikipedia...

You know dont worry, you will be allowed to use the Suffren as well during international events if you play on the french side, again it is just for game play

Greetings,

Lau

Последний раз редактировалось Lau; 23-05-2010 в 14:58.
Lau вне форума   Ответить с цитированием