Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 23-02-2010, 19:03   #507
goldorak
Sergeant

Talking

Цитата:
Сообщение от whiskey111 Посмотреть сообщение
Yesterday I played a mission: I was Aukal (my favourite sub) and enemy OHP was pinging me for two ours. I didn't know about this because this ship was in my dead zone. I lost all advantages of beeing undetected because I missed the event how enemy FFG was closing to me.

Of course you can say that the key to avoid this kind of situation is making "crazy ivan" manoeuvre but by this we will make modern subs disadvantaged.

No, the key is not to make a crazy ivan, but to use your available sensors.
Towed array gives you vision on your baffles (corresponding to the dead zone of the active intercept). And even had you not used the towed array, it is always good pratice every now and then to change course. Not necessarily 180 degrees (crazy ivan) but only 30 degrees so that you can clear your baffles.
If you can't use passive sensors, go to periscope depth and use the periscope for visual recognition or esm mast.

Whiskey111 : the stern of a sub is its most vulnerable spot. Since the active intercept has a dead zone right there, it is your duty every once a while to change course so that you can see whats right behind you. It doesn't make the game more difficult, its just part of the what a subdriver has to do to keep situational awareness. You have to use this tactic in RA and LWami.
So no, the active intercept is not broken in RA, it works as it was designed.

But I agree with you that having a 360 degree active intercept makes tha game easier for the sub driver.
goldorak вне форума   Ответить с цитированием