Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 01-02-2011, 09:27   #1407
goldorak
Sergeant

Цитата:
Сообщение от dd149 Посмотреть сообщение
I fully agree, OHP is an obsolete platform now, being given away by Us Navy for friendly but less affluent navies without the cash to buy modern vessels. We will have to beg for DDG1000 or LCS models (given the LCS problems I am not sure that it would fare much better than OHP, one direct hit even with a small torpedo would break its light alloy neck).
Its kind of a strange argument to make.
In the game most people prefer the Udaloy because its more resistant, it has better sensors, its chance of survivability to missile attacks is greater and finally it has a manegeable tma station and a new active intercept (its quite an important sensor, and it has also a passive laser sensor that gives correct distance information, this last feature should be reassesed to only give bearing information).
So its not a matter of the OHP as being obsolete as it is a matter of the having more difficult stations to use. But the overall complexity is the same for the Udaloy or the OHP frigate.
This is why I agree with Invicible's argument that giving the OHP a modern TMA station would go a long way in making this specific station actually useful in game. And for balance purposes I would also like to see an active intercept station and a passive sensor to identify lasers as well.

RA already takes some artistic license for many units, updating the OHP wouldn't be a tragic thing to do, and would actually improve the units appeal.
goldorak вне форума   Ответить с цитированием