Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 02-10-2009, 06:57   #318
suBB
Senior Aircraftsman

Цитата:
Сообщение от CrazyIvan Посмотреть сообщение

How it is possible at such difference in weight - to equalize these torpedoes on value of damages?

Further we shall consider submarines.

The American sub 688 projects – has three compartments.
The easy hull atop of strong - is not present. They are present only at places of connection of compartments.

Russian Victor the class - has the easy hull atop of the strong hull. In space between these hulls there is a various equipment - ballast tanks and other.

Has 9 compartments - and saves flotability at COMPLETELY flooded one by a compartment and partially flooded adjacent compartment.

Proceeding from written above - it will be possible to compare what damages to have these subs.
688 - flooding third of volume of the hull - will call inevitable destruction of a sub.

Victor the class - at flooding one compartment - remains on action. The equipment in space between hulls - reduces percent of damages.

I think that hit of one easy torpedo in 688 inevitably kill her.
Victor (or any another sub with a plenty of compartments) - can survive.

If so will be in game - probably will be by dissatisfied such situation of things ?
Goodness CrazyIvan, I never would have imagined the level of detail(realism) you guys are putting into this mod!!! It’s fantastic!!! BTW how do you say fantastic in Russian?? I never would of considered hull compartments and infrastructure(hull integrity)

Anyways, this logic makes perfect sense to me. But please help me understand.. is the victor III a 1st generation sub, and the Akula classes that follow are later generations and improvements of the victor III all the way up to the ak2 improved hull???

Is this also the logic behind why the mk50 and mk54 appear to be ineffective against an AK2 improved?? I have not tried the APR-2 vs 688 yet, but I think goldorak has more information on that..

I’m in favor of your logic and the level of realism, but I think the main concern should be playability and effectiveness. If can find a balance, that’s great. But without playability and effectiveness, it would be hard to create scenarios of quality and for the player(s) to experience a sense of fulfillment, especially in objective style MP.

Thank you sir for an excellent mod!!!
suBB вне форума   Ответить с цитированием