Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 21-05-2010, 20:22   #847
goldorak
Sergeant

Wink

Hi Lau,

First let me say that I'm in no way directly connected to the modders and what they may or may not include in the mod. I'm a simple player, like the rest of you guys.

Now as far as your criticism of not including the Black Shark abord the Rubis class. I have to say that I agree with the modders to not include it, as in real life these subs just don't carry it. They are old generation subs, and are being phased out for more modern AIP subs and nuclear subs. New models that will carry the Black Shark. Unfortunately for whatever reason the modders decided to not included a new generation playable french sub in the mod.

If the modders start adding arbitrary weapons to platforms disregarding completely realism, all that the mod has strived for is being thrown out the window. Whats to stop someone asking to include I don't know shkvals aboard the sturgeons just because they would make formidable close range weapons ?

The Rubis are not the equivalent of 688 flt III or Virginias or Seawolves. I don't even think they are the equivalent of new generation AIP subs such as the Type 212. Rubis are old technology, decades old technology this is the real truth.

So what to do with them ? Either design missions around the capabilities of the Rubis class, as you would design a mission around the capabilities of a Kilo class if you were to use that in a mission. But no one designs a mission with a Kilo that goes against a Seawolf and expects the Kilo to havbe the upperhand. It can happen if you have a very skilled player on the Kilo and an incompetent on the Seawolf. But besides this, the capabilites of the 2 platforms are so different that you can't possibily design a versus mission with a Kilo going against a Seawolf and expect "equal performance". Its just not going to happen.

If you want to use the Rubis in multiplayer, design the mission around subs that have the same capabilities more or less. That means putting Rubis together with Collins, Harushios and Kilos. But asking to include the Black Shark just so it can compete with the big guys is wrong.

This puts obviously a strain on the mission designers that have to know the ins and outs of the different platforms. Just designing a mission and throwing in arbitrary playable platforms may actually hurt the mission because of the great difference in capability each of these platforms is capable of.

I think we should pressure the modders (maybe sending them a nice box of bordeaux wine) to put a modern playable french sub (Suffren class maybe ? ).
goldorak вне форума   Ответить с цитированием