Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 28-03-2010, 00:55   #763
goldorak
Sergeant

Цитата:
Сообщение от dd149 Посмотреть сообщение
Considering that UUV has no warhead, it is plausible that it can carry a sensor suite superior to the one of a torpedo, but still limited by the size. in my understanding passive sensors partly depend on size of the array in order to be able to triangulate distance, which is clearly not going to be accurate with the size of a torpedo. But passive capability should normally still be superior to just torpedo auto director, otherwise, why would one bother to fabricate UUVs?a

Yes I understand, the point remains though, what kind of performance can we expect from a passive sensor in an uvv (that has the same size of a torpedo) ?
It cannot have the same kind of performance of a towed array, I think you will agree with me on this dd149. I'm not against using a passive sensor in a UUV, I would just like for its performance to be "inferior" to that of the subs towed array and superior to that of a torpedo. It is a realistic expection don't you think ?

Let me give you an example :

Most torpedoes active or passive can't detect contact beyond 2-3 nm at most.
This should represent the inferior threshold for UUV active and passive sonar performance.

As it stands right now, passive uuv sensor in generic conditions (so no convergence zones etc...) has more or less the same capability of a towed array. This is WRONG. Even if we keep the passive sensor, it should have a performance less than that of a fully deployed towed array. And this means (and its my personal opinion) that its maximum range should be somewhere between 5 and 7 nm at most.
goldorak вне форума   Ответить с цитированием