Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 11-03-2010, 22:36   #635
Lau
Senior Aircraftsman

Hi Jaf,

I am currently testing accoustics for Amethyste & Rubis class :

Do you have info that helped you to decide Amethyste and Rubis sensor capabilities and level of noise of the sub?

For instance Amethyste and Rubis class are the smallest nuclear attack submarine in the world. This is because french managed to make a small enough reactor to fit in this very small hull.

Amethyste was designed because Rubis is too noisy compared to new generation of sub.Amethyste is same hull but sub was fully refited with new systems to improve noise level and sensor capabilities. Even hull was changed in some parts to make sub more quiet. Like the lovely spoilers that you nicely reproduced near the propeller of the Amethyste.

I am not asking for any changes yet, I would like just to know the thinking behind the numbers of Rubis and Amethyste in v1.1?

I just think it is important that french navy technology is able to play as a real threat in RA mod. Same as it would do in real life

Even if I can understand that it will be impossible to get real data from real sub acoustincs as this is top secret. I am sure you did consider game play issues, advantages and disadvantages in between platforms.

What did you consider when building Amethyste and Rubis class ?

Is there a submarine ranking, we all know Seawolf is the must powerfull sub in the game (I think...) 2nd would be Akula class, 3rd, etc...

Thanks,

Lau
Lau вне форума   Ответить с цитированием