Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 28-12-2008, 23:25   #56
goldorak
Sergeant

Cool

Цитата:
Сообщение от CrazyIvan Посмотреть сообщение
Goldorak - I agree, there is a large lack European (not of the Russian platforms.)

But - It is necessary to decide a problem of a towed sensor control.

Yep, there is the problem of the towed array.
As I understand we either use the kilo "interface" to simulate a diesel electric engine and therefore forget about the towed array (since the interface doesn't have one), or we choose to use the "nuclear sub" interface so to get the towed array but in this case we forget about the diesel electric engine.
So what would we choose ? All I can say is that there is no perfect solution, we should get a compromise.
As far as I'm concerned the type 212 should definiteley have the towed array in the game (since in real life is has one, as it has a raploc feature etc...). If we choose therefore to enable a towed array we have to "simulate" a diesel electric engine within the constraints of the "nuclear sub" interface. We can't limit the range (at least I don't think so) BUT we can limit the maximum speed, lets say to 20 knots. So we would end up with a sub that has a towed array, it maximum speed would be 20 knots (the same of other diesel electric subs such as the kilo), the range would not be constrained, but within the missions we play either single or multiplayer, really what time frame are we talking about ? 3-4 hours of gameplay ? We would never notice the range constraint within such a timeframe. So the solution is a good one.
The only problem I see, is players using the sub always at maximum speed (20 knots). Of course if it used the real diesel electric interface, the batteries would deplete very rapidly, whereas if we use the "nuclear sub interface" there is no depletion, so the player can run for 3-4+ hours at maximum speed without any kind of penalty.
The other choice is to use the diesel electric interface and abbandon any hipe of ever using a towed array. Me I prefer the first solution, other people may prefer the second solution.
goldorak вне форума   Ответить с цитированием