Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 14-02-2016, 22:19   #2207
Billy
Corporal

Haha, no worries. I am not that sensitive, but really glad to make a friend with you. Btw, I am having some trouble employing active torp. Passive torp almost always works for me. But active torps sometimes do really strange things.

1. One time I use show truth to test Mk48 ADCAP in active mode. The torp locked onto the target sub, but just a moment before the impact (literally touching the sub's hull), the torp did a violent pitch up and broke the lock. There was no CM around, the target was not maneuvering at all. The only thing is it's traveling at 33 kts.

2. Last nite, I was playing RSR "saving the cripple" mission. I launched 2 torps at the Udaloy. The first one was an active and second one passive (just a few seconds behind). Because Udaloy was traveling at only 9kts, I was afraid the passive seeker might not pick it up so wanted to use active torp to scare it into high speed evasive so that the second passive torp can pick it up easier. The funny thing happened. The passive locked onto Udaloy with no issue and ran straight into the target without slightest flinch. The active however didn't go well. It locked on fine, just before the impact, the torp did some violent turns and broke the lock. I preenabled it and directed it back onto the target. It locked onto the target again, but once again did some crazy turns just a moment before the impact and broke the lock again. I used show truth. There was no CM, target wasn't turning at all, only running at high speed. I reviewed my torp presets, everything is according the manual.

Just wonder if you have any similar experience. Was it the Dixie decoy doing its job spoofing my active torp? But how come my passive torp had no trouble? Was it because the target's speed? It seems active seeker has issue of maintaining lock on high speed target. Please share with me your experience with active torps.
Billy вне форума   Ответить с цитированием