Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 12-02-2016, 21:15   #2206
USA~Driver
Corporal

Цитата:
Before it was a game, now it's more simulation.
BINGO! Welcome to Reinforce Alert.

Great to see your proficiency and confidence increase as you go along. I'm sure you'll find once you refine your tactics to the mod it will give you that much more sense of accomplishment. You'll never want to go back. Mark my words.

Цитата:
Before I can use the search pattern to determine whether the weapon has locked onto the target. But now it's very hard to tell the difference.
Goes back to my earlier post about closer positioning, although the patterns can still be useful. Also, some torpedoes run at a slightly slower speed until their sonar achieves a lock then it will speed up to maximum. that's something to watch for as well.

Still, some of it will always contain a bit of guess work. I do still to this day miss on occasion. The a.i. isn't going to make it easy and just roll over.

Цитата:
Most of the platforms have towed sonar. Are there still really any baffles left uncovered?
Even a 688I has baffles that need to be cleared from time to time, and SSK's such as the ultra quiet Kilo have no towed array at all. I killed a Victor III from directly astern at around 12,000 yards and he never made any attempt to evade. The a.i. still has a bit of a bad habit of travelling in a straight line for many miles without clearing baffles. I try to clear mine every half hour (Thanks Captain Ramius) Play around with differing approaches, especially from the stern area. I got close enough to a Delta III to see him clearly on HF sonar, and tracked him undetected in contested waters for eighteen hours. I couldn't of been more than a couple hundred yards from him.

Цитата:
Any tips on closing the distance but still remain undetected?
The standard changing course, depth, speed will never do you wrong; using the layer when available is also can help. Once I find something of interest I never move at a speed above 3 kts. For me it's not so much about remaining undetected so much as making sure I get off the first shot. I'm quite sure that I sometime get detected when trying to close to attack position but constantly changing the equation makes TMA a nightmare for the adversary. Nothing is foolproof and be flexible ready to change it up.

Цитата:
Just wonder what is the lowest target speed that passive seeker is still capable of tracking in RA?
That's a very good question that honestly I never thought of. Might be the key to my shot I was discussing earlier. Perhaps someone here has answers.

Цитата:
No baby mode please.
So now after our chat I regret that remark so please accept my sincere apologies. I've been using this modification for years, contributed to some of the additions, and have pointed out some real bugs. This is the best dev team on the internet - they do listen to the feedback from the user and make fixes when necessary. Its no small feat through years of dedication these folks have managed to keep a games' heart beating strongly when it should have been dead and buried eons ago - and for FREE. That cannot be overstated these guys deserve huge praise and much respect. So nothing personal to you.

Lastly, If you have Tunngle, and Teamspeak 3, a bunch of us gurus hang out on the weekends for multiplayer action. FPSCHAZLY released a two part video recently featuring us at work. I'm otherwise known as TAMBURELLO_1994, if you'd like to work on some of your tactics with us or just share in the camaraderie that is Dangerous Waters - look for us.

Последний раз редактировалось USA~Driver; 13-02-2016 в 11:23. Причина: Clarification purposes.
USA~Driver вне форума   Ответить с цитированием