Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 09-02-2016, 11:53   #2204
USA~Driver
Corporal

Цитата:
I just want to discuss some tactics here to see if any expert can critique on them
It appears you've developed an effective template for a standard ASW torpedo attack that works for you. Looking it over not much I can add, or critique but perhaps some tips:

1) Use layer(s) to mask attacks. (As tactical conditions allow)

2) Offensive attack positioning. (Baffle use, and exploitation)

3) Closer the better. You mentioned 14,000 yards. I prefer 9.5 -11,000 yards as a default engagement range.

4) Use TB-16 for high speed target track up to 20 kts. Search, acquire, firm up with TB-23/29 (sphere and conformal) then switch to TB-16 for engagement. In addition, snapshot torpedo evasion can also be achieved at 18-20 kts with TB-16 streamed on short stay enabling tracking of inbound/outbound torpedoes and target(s) with no washout. I don't concern myself between which search pattern to use largely because my torpedoes are in the terminal homing phase, input from me is not needed. At this point I cut the wires and reload. Countermeasure as needed. While no two circumstances are exactly the same, this is my template for all offensive offset merge engagements with a TB-16 equipped submarine.

Цитата:
Towed array rip off speed seems too low for subs.
Tactically, my towed array is never streamed beyond half as practice and is at a short stay in higher threat environments - when needed. Short stay is just long enough to achieve normal acuity. A twenty knot burst until fully stowed is more than adequate. Obviously being your best sensor serious consideration should be given to the towed array, however in the most dire situations it might be a better option to lose the array and live to fight another day.

Цитата:
One big difference between stock game and RA is hitting enemy sub using torpedo becomes much more difficult. I find active seeker range is much smaller compared with stock game. CMs are also more effective in fooling the sensor.
See 3) above.

Reinforce Alert adds a serious challenge where stock DW and other mods just fell flat. It was all too easy to fire (and forget) torpedoes at another submarine with no fear of counter shot. Or attacking armed surface units with near impunity. Reinforce Alert a.i. actively defends more aggressively - Surface ships especially - will use standoff weapons in addition to snapshot torpedoes. The modification also adds variation not just platforms but with goodies such as multiple weapons employment options. I'm still experimenting with the passive long range across the layer shot. I've successfully engaged both surface and sub surface targets using this method - still a work in progress but will be absolutely lethal when perfected.
USA~Driver вне форума   Ответить с цитированием